US Atlantic Bridge 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Rejected from RCSI. On an unranked wait list for UCC, UL, NUIG, TCD, and UCD (I'm assuming everyone goes on this wait list and that no one was rejected yet from these programs). Was told I could hear back up until August.

Members don't see this ad.

Rejected from RCSI. On an unranked wait list for UCC, UL, NUIG, TCD, and UCD (I'm assuming everyone goes on this wait list and that no one was rejected yet from these programs). Was told I could hear back up until August.

Sorry to hear about the rejection. Would you mind letting us know your stats?

Does anyone know the schedule for Canadian schools posting their acceptances/ rejections? It sounds as though a lot of folks in this blog have great grades/ applications and have applied to both Canada and Ireland. Presumably, if many of these folks are accepted in Canada, they'll open a lot of spots in Ireland.
It'd be great to get a better picture of when this may happen.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the schedule for Canadian schools posting their acceptances/ rejections? It sounds as though a lot of folks in this blog have great grades/ applications and have applied to both Canada and Ireland. Presumably, if many of these folks are accepted in Canada, they'll open a lot of spots in Ireland.
It'd be great to get a better picture of when this may happen.

Ontario medical schools (Toronto, McMaster, Western, Queens, Ottawa and NOSM) release their decisions on May 12th, 2015.

Sorry to hear about the rejection. Would you mind letting us know your stats?

My stats are irrelevant because I haven't gotten accepted anywhere yet. As numerous people have mentioned here, RCSI had a higher than average yield this year anyway. I also applied late in the cycle so my application is probably only being looked at for the second round of offers which have yet to be made, but I'm assuming it's a disadvantage not to be looked at in the first round because there are less spots available now. I am curious to know if everyone goes on the wait list at the other schools, or if indeed rejections have been sent elsewhere.

I'm currently restudying for the new MCAT because my score was the weakest link in my application. I have a bachelor's and master's degree with good experiences, good letters, and a good personal statement.

Reactions: 1 users
For fellow classmates entering GEM program for RCSI, I heard the classes are held at different locations (from one end to the other end of Dublin, almost) every year. How is everyone deciding housing locations? My apologies if this has been discussed few pages ago.

For fellow classmates entering GEM program for RCSI, I heard the classes are held at different locations (from one end to the other end of Dublin, almost) every year. How is everyone deciding housing locations? My apologies if this has been discussed few pages ago.

As long as you have access to the Luas, or are near a bus stop it should not really be a problem. For an international city, Dublin isn't very large.

Has anyone received any second round offers from any school for the 5/6 year programs?

Has anyone heard how the CARMS match went for RCSI students this year? I know the OSCS's were an important aspect this year for IMG's but just wondered if there has been any feedback yet. Or if anyone on the forum knows students who matched.

Just put down my deposit for residence for UCC.

Does anyone have match results for Irish med schools this year back in North America?

Any 2nd round offers from UCC or UCD yet?

Reactions: 1 users

Oh my what happened at Trinity? 4/11 and 3/13? wow.

Limerick did really well and so did NUIG, Cork and RCSI.

I think it really goes to show you that:

"so called prestige does not matter". You can have a record good year and a record bad year but certainly residency programs just don't care. They want to look at you as a person.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh my what happened at Trinity? 4/11 and 3/13? wow.

Limerick did really well and so did NUIG, Cork and RCSI.

I think it really goes to show you that:

"so called prestige does not matter". You can have a record good year and a record bad year but certainly residency programs just don't care. They want to look at you as a person.

Definitely. It's not so much about the school, but the student. I'm very happy to see the matching statistics for Limerick and the other Irish schools - makes me feel more confident and reassured about making the leap overseas.

It seems in general UCD tends to have a lower match rate than the others (~60% vs 70-75% for most others). Any ideas why?

I'm very surprised to see the stats for TCD! Are those numbers accurate/final?!

Just put down my deposit for residence for UCC.

Does anyone have match results for Irish med schools this year back in North America?

I'm also going to UCC, staying at Sheares, you? And are you 5 year or GEM?

I'm also going to UCC, staying at Sheares, you? And are you 5 year or GEM?

Nice! I was going to stay at Sheares but then the rent was too high so I'll be staying at The Spires until May and then move to Farranlea Hall for May-June. Was going to Farranlea for the year but it was completely booked.

I'm in the GEM program. You?

maybe students at TCD decided to stay in EU? lol

Possibly but not too likely, last year the match rate was awesome for TCD and the year before that not so great. RCSI has been consistent around 60-70% every year, UCD is consistently around 50-60% and Limerick has been good for the last 2 years. UCC has improved this year and NUIG previously had too few in number to make a call but this year has been great.

Nice! I was going to stay at Sheares but then the rent was too high so I'll be staying at The Spires until May and then move to Farranlea Hall for May-June. Was going to Farranlea for the year but it was completely booked.

I'm in the GEM program. You?

I am in direct entry! Wonder if both programmes will have classes together

Anyone talk to AB and have any insight into when next round decisions are going to be sent out? I keep obsessively checking my email every ten minutes and it's driving me nuts. I JUST WANNA KNOW hahaha ;)

Anyone talk to AB and have any insight into when next round decisions are going to be sent out? I keep obsessively checking my email every ten minutes and it's driving me nuts. I JUST WANNA KNOW hahaha ;)

I applied in mid-feb to the 4 year GEM programs. I contacted AP on Monday regarding a change of address and asked the same question about second rounds. They gave their standard response that I could hear from UCC or UCD until August. I was rejected from RCSI a couple weeks ago. I thought they would run interviews until May, but it sounds like they never moved past first round offers?

It sounds like the AP had a large uptick in applications?

its driving me nuts too! haha.
I have checking my e-mail ever few hours :/
I didnt receive a rejection from RCSI, but since I havent heard back from them, should I assume that I have been rejected?

I applied in mid-feb to the 4 year GEM programs. I contacted AP on Monday regarding a change of address and asked the same question about second rounds. They gave their standard response that I could hear from UCC or UCD until August. I was rejected from RCSI a couple weeks ago. I thought they would run interviews until May, but it sounds like they never moved past first round offers?

It sounds like the AP had a large uptick in applications?

Yeah, they have too many applicants this year, but did they mention anything about Limerick?

I didnt receive a rejection from RCSI, but since I havent heard back from them, should I assume that I have been rejected?

Only for the 4year GEM program...then yeah all of us who haven't received first round offers are rejected, but the other schools are still available for second round!

Did you apply to the 4 year GEP program?

Just found out today that I've been rejected from RCSI, after having called ABP. Still excited about Limerick though!

I was rejected from RCSI, which I was definitely expecting since they overextended themselves and started asking people to defer. I'm waiting on UCC and UCD, so hopefully we hear back soon since it seems like it's been a while since deposit deadlines have passed?

For Canadians that are planning to go to Ireland: do you plan on doing both the USMLE and the MCCEE (for Canada) and applying to both US and Canada or just the MCCEE?

Ya, I applied for the 4 year program.
Wasnt the deposit deadline on May 18th (for ucc and ucd)? I read that on this forum somewhere.

For Canadians that are planning to go to Ireland: do you plan on doing both the USMLE and the MCCEE (for Canada) and applying to both US and Canada or just the MCCEE?
I know that I am not in the same position as you, as I am doing the 6 year program. I was advised by previous students not to limit yourself to the Canadian exams. Write both, it increases your options

Reactions: 3 users
Yeah, they have too many applicants this year, but did they mention anything about Limerick?

I didnt apply to Limerick since they do not accept USA Federal aid. I applied to RCSI, UCD, UCC. I was invited to the UCD NyC informational session. And was rejected from RCSI a couple weeks or so ago by letter and email.

Any Canadians attending GEM RCSI this coming September?

I was looking into the student line of credit from TD, but they require our timetables to be sure if we are truly enrolled in the school. However our website states that timetables will be available on the first day of class. Since the first tuition is due August, I was wondering if anyone else is going through the same problem!

Has anyone received or heard of anyone receiving rejections (other than from 4yr RCSI)?

Reactions: 2 users
I am not sure (I just sent an e-mail to Atlantic bridge asking) but I think the rejections are only sent in August as opposed to on a rolling basis.

If anyone is going to RCSI Bahrain and is looking for a male roommate, pm me

Dear God I really hope it's sometime this week haha

I contacted Atlantic bridge program last week and they said "hopefully before the end of the month".
Really? When I spoke to them about 2 weeks ago they told me that most of the schools had already sent second round offers and were now just sending out small numbers on a rolling basis. Who did you speak to?

Really? When I spoke to them about 2 weeks ago they told me that most of the schools had already sent second round offers and were now just sending out small numbers on a rolling basis. Who did you speak to?
Did you apply to the 4 year program or the 5/6? I applied to the 5/6

Also I thought the deadline for UCC first round offers was May 13th? Although I might be mistaken/ it's possible that was for the 5/6 year program and not the GEM, which is what I applied to.

Oh right sorry I applied to the 4 yr GEM programs!

Soo just to let ya'll know I received my rejection from Limerick today via letter from AB. It was dated April 16th on the letter (I guess it takes that long for it to get to AB via post from Ireland). Now just waiting on NUIG/Trinity/UCD/UCC.