Upstate 2016-2017 HPA and waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What is your current status?

• Total voters

flashvoyger

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since I know many of us on the HPA or waitlist for upstate are nervous about it, I created this forum so that we can get a better idea of how big the HPA or waitlsit is and if it starts moving. Please feel free to also post any relevant information in this forum

Members don't see this ad.

Is there a difference between HPA and waitlist?
The High Priority Alternate list and the waitlist are essentially the same thing expect they go through the HPA before picking students from the waitlist. During my interview they told me that they haven't picked students from the waitlist in a very long time.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
@CyrusHabs7695, if you don't mind sharing this information, can you please tell us when did you get pulled off the HPA/waitlist, I was under the impression they don't start pulling people of that till may.

Reactions: 1 user
does anyone know when we should start contacting admissions to ask about our ranking on the list?

Admissions said they won't comment on our the list until May so can we call like tomorrow to find out where we are on the list? :shrug: I'm on the HPA list...

does anyone know when we should start contacting admissions to ask about our ranking on the list?
Just saw this... May 15th it is

Admissions said they won't comment on our the list until May so can we call like tomorrow to find out where we are on the list? :shrug: I'm on the HPA list...

Just saw this... May 15th it is
It's only just traffic day so I'd hold off for a few weeks

Regular waitlist here unfortunately but hey you never know right. Fingers crossed. Good luck everyone.

Reactions: 1 users
Just wondering, they told us not to submit a letter of intent, right?

Just wondering, they told us not to submit a letter of intent, right?
I don't think it will make a difference. List is ranked and essentially nothing can be done to influence it.