University of Cincinnati vs. University of Louisville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanDweller

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I got accepted into both schools UC and UofL and am wondering which one would be better. Any opinions on the strengths/disadvantages of each? Which one would you choose? Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you IS for either? I know UC is going to a new curriculum that seems to emphasize early clinical exposure. I don't know much about UL.

Are you IS for either? I know UC is going to a new curriculum that seems to emphasize early clinical exposure. I don't know much about UL.

From what I've heard, if you live in northern kentucky during med school you can get IS+~$250 at UC regardless of where your from.

Hi everyone, I got accepted into both schools UC and UofL and am wondering which one would be better. Any opinions on the strengths/disadvantages of each? Which one would you choose? Thanks a lot!

If it makes any difference to you, when I asked my interviewer at University of Louisville why I should choose to go there (or something like that) he said "A four year medical education is a four year medical education no matter where you go unless you go one of the top three schools...But certainly you would never pay out of state tuition when you could pay in-state." The answer seemed curt, but he has a point.

Thanks for the replies. I can get IN + 250$ at UC since I'm from northern KY, so the costs for both schools are the same. Early clinical exposure seems like a good deal at UC but the new curriculum is untested.

Thanks for the replies. I can get IN + 250$ at UC since I'm from northern KY, so the costs for both schools are the same. Early clinical exposure seems like a good deal at UC but the new curriculum is untested.

Which school is closer to your home? How do the housing options compare in terms of price?

both schools in terms of housing and costs are identical to me. I have a house in Louisville and my parents live in Cincinnati so I have a place to stay in both cities. It just boils down to which one provides a better education and opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.