This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone ! Its so exciting to see everyone’s journey on here. I’ll be attending UCI and was wondering if anyone had any info on housing there? Or if anyone else is attending UCI, how’ve you been searching for housing? In desperate need of tips! Thanks, and good luck to everyone !
Hi and congrats on getting in! I attended UCI for undergrad so for post bac students I'm assuming you will be placed in graduate housing! I lived in the undergrad housing but had plenty of friends do apartment living who were very happy with their choice! Here is a link to find out your choices: Where Can I Live?
UCI is a beautiful campus, but parking is usually a pain (from what I've heard, never had a car myself), but the buses/shuttles run from about 7a.m to 11 p.m ish, and go all around the school in different routes, so if you don't have a car that is just fine! google the housing communities to see what each includes, some are furnished and some are not. I would call the housing offices to get availability if you want to save money and ask them if anyone is looking to add a person to an existing plan. Good luck! (vdc and vdc norte are the priciest, so be aware of your budget!)

Reactions: 1 user
For UCR applicants, I just checked my portal and everything is uploaded but one LOR which I'm sure was submitted because my professor informed me of her submission. Should I try and contact UCR or possibly just wait it out? I'm sure they're busy and trying their best but I'm just a little worried.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't mind at all.

Currently a senior @ SFSU. Majoring in Cell and Molecular Biology as well as Psychology (double major). I haven't done any research or have any publications, but I do have lots of experience working with the underserved (my own community). Lots of community service hours + shadowing. I'm also bilingual (english and spanish).

Science GPA: 2.82
Overall GPA: 3.17

Application Submitted: 2/26
Application marked 'Complete': 2/26

Rejected from: UCI
Skype interview w/ Davis: 3/13
In-person Interview w/ Davis: 4/1

Hi,

I have a primary interview with UC Davis and I was wondering if you have any tips or if you remember any of the questions that you were asked? Any help would be appreciated!

For UCR applicants, I just checked my portal and everything is uploaded but one LOR which I'm sure was submitted because my professor informed me of her submission. Should I try and contact UCR or possibly just wait it out? I'm sure they're busy and trying their best but I'm just a little worried.
I would contact Teresa and have her verify. As a second option you can always have your recommender send you verification of her submission. I would only ask for verification in the case that UCR didn't get it though. As long as your status says complete, you should be good.

Hi,

I have a primary interview with UC Davis and I was wondering if you have any tips or if you remember any of the questions that you were asked? Any help would be appreciated!
Did you get UCD primary interview recently? Thanks and best of luck to you!

Does anyone know if re-applicants also have a primary and secondary (in person) interview? I submitted my app the day it was due and haven't heard back--getting nervous but still hoping for the best!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you receive your primary interview recently? Best of luck!
Yes, I did. To whoever is waiting on an interview for UC Davis, dont lose hope! They are still sending primary interviews.

BTW does anyone have tips on how I should prepare for my primary interview? Any particular questions I should focus on?

Reactions: 1 users
I hope you get in!

Thank you! A friend told me that the program starts in mid September and they have a bigger cohort. So I’m sure they are still giving out more primary interviews.

I received an e-mail rejection from UCLA today without my name being mentioned in it. Which is fine, but I was not notified through the communication status on my application? Is there anyone else who was rejected that was only notified via e-mail and was also not pinged through their application's communication status? Thank you.

I received an e-mail rejection from UCLA today without my name being mentioned in it. Which is fine, but I was not notified through the communication status on my application? Is there anyone else who was rejected that was only notified via e-mail and was also not pinged through their application's communication status? Thank you.

Similar experience as far as rejection. I'm sure the portal will update eventually.

Also received a rejection from UCLA. No portal update

Thank you to everyone who replied to my post. When I was rejected from UCSF the communication status was instantly updated, I guess for UCLA it will be updated later.

Hi everyone, did anyone hear back about a second in person interview for Davis yet for first time applicants? My first interview on zoom was on May 1st. lmk please, thank you :)

For those that interviewed and/or got accepted to a program, do you have any interview tips? I know it might differ by school, but I still think it would be helpful regardless of where you interviewed! Thanks

Reactions: 3 users
Got accepted to UCD for the fall cohort, or you got invited for the secondary in-person interview?

Rejected from UC Davis. Their email was very informative however. Good to see that they gave feedback for what can be improved upon.

Big congrats to everyone who got into a program!!! Y'all are awesome and I hope you get into your top choice coming out of the post baccs!

Reactions: 4 users
Also got rejected from UC Davis. I'm grateful I found out now instead of waiting it out but also feeling so discouraged. I feel like I have been gettng rejected left and right. It's hard to continue to stay motivated. I'm not even sure what to do next. Ugh
Pray, evaluate, make next steps. You will get in somewhere.

Reactions: 3 users
My UCR portal is still incomplete:) I just finished up one more course at my cc do you guys think I should send in the new transcripts, since half my info isn't even uploaded anyways? I wonder if they can see that I log in about 7 times a day, but the anxiety is eating me alive!

Last edited:
My UCR portal is still incomplete:) I just finished up one more course at my cc do you guys think I should send in the new transcripts, since half my info isn't even uploaded anyways? I wonder if they can see that I log in about 7 times a day, but the anxiety is eating me alive!

I would try uploading it but also call the office and don’t quit calling until someone answers the call and ask them as well.

Rejected from UC Davis. Their email was very informative however. Good to see that they gave feedback for what can be improved upon.

Big congrats to everyone who got into a program!!! Y'all are awesome and I hope you get into your top choice coming out of the post baccs!
Aw sorry to hear that. Keep on going, you will get there! Did UCD let you know via email or the portal?

Aw sorry to hear that. Keep on going, you will get there! Did UCD let you know via email or the portal?
E-mail. I have not checked the portal but likely there too.

For those that got a primary interview from UCD, how did it go? Was it generally talking about your experiences and why medicine?

Out of pure curiosity and down to the basics, just wanting to genuinely help people, how do you guys define why you want to go to medicine?

Out of pure curiosity and down to the basics, just wanting to genuinely help people, how do you guys define why you want to go to medicine?
Mine was through personal experiences early on when I was younger.

I wanted to make sure that the people who look like me aren’t getting overlooked or ignored. And to help heal the distrust between my community and the medical community.

Reactions: 2 users
When I was young I went into foster care and grew up experiencing quite a few challenges to say the least:) I want to be a physician bcs I want to prove to all foster kids that they are capable of anything they dream of! I would like to heal from my past by learning to heal others

Wow, thank you for answering. It's very inspiring to see your replies and how it has led you to be committed to your own community. Reading your responses was like a little push to keep going through the process. thank you.

Wow, thank you for answering. It's very inspiring to see your replies and how it has led you to be committed to your own community. Reading your responses was like a little push to keep going through the process. thank you.
What is your reason?

I assume we should be hearing from UCR this week, considering the program is supposed to start in July. Has anyone heared from them?

per
What is your reason?
Personal reasons as well. I've had a really close family member who have passed away due to economic reasons and lack of access to health care.

How do you get in contact with them? Whenever I call, there is never an answer.

I honestly just call and hope that she picks up ahaha. I was able to talk with her this morning around 10 and the only information that she was able to give me is that they don’t plan on holding interviews the last week of June. So I assume that that means that the program may or may not start by July; atleast not early July.

I also assume that means that we should be hearing about interviews this week or next week.