This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received an invite to interview for UCR‘s program!!! My email came at 12:35 PM today!!! Interviews will be held until June 21

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Just received my UCR interview invite!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think it's going to be a one-on-one or group? Seeing how few the time slots I'm kinda worried!

Congrats on the interview invite! I'm still waiting to hear from UCR :( Do you think the emails are still rolling out, or... :(
Do you know how many people are interviewing?

Congrats on the interview invite! I'm still waiting to hear from UCR :( Do you think the emails are still rolling out, or... :(
Do you know how many people are interviewing?

Good luck! I do hope they do! But I checked the time stamp on the email sent and it was at 12:35, similar to @Ijustwannabehappy, and I know a friend received the invite at the same time. There could be waves! I would call them! There were 11 time slots we could choose from but I"m not sure that is exclusively one interview per time slot or multiple at a time.

Good luck! I do hope they do! But I checked the time stamp on the email sent and it was at 12:35, similar to @Ijustwannabehappy, and I know a friend received the invite at the same time. There could be waves! I would call them! There were 11 time slots we could choose from but I"m not sure that is exclusively one interview per time slot or multiple at a time.
how long are each time slots?
I have a problem with my email where I get emails later, sometimes its 20 minutes later, sometimes its several hours later (but the time stamp would be accurate to when the sender actually sent the email). I have a feeling that this time it is not a simple email glitch, and that I didn't get an email at all. But I will be patient. Good luck to all!

how long are each time slots?
I have a problem with my email where I get emails later, sometimes its 20 minutes later, sometimes its several hours later (but the time stamp would be accurate to when the sender actually sent the email). I have a feeling that this time it is not a simple email glitch, and that I didn't get an email at all. But I will be patient. Good luck to all!
I had the glitch as well! I received mine at 1:45 when it was sent at 12:35. They're an hour long each.

Anyone applying to UCR that is NOT from Inland Empire/Riverside County/San Bernardino County? To those that got interview invites, are you from the area?

My portal was never actually updated as complete and I feel terrible bcs my family told me my chances were slim to none, and it appears they were right (though I kind of saw it coming). Do you guys think it would be wrong/bad ettiquette to email and possibly ask why we weren't accepted? I really gave it my all and made such great sacrifices to get the recent grades (a whole year of 4.0 gpa) and strong rec letters I used in the application. I am currently in a state of not knowing what to do or where to turn, so any advice would be great!

Last edited:
My portal was never actually updated as complete and I feel terrible bcs my family told me my chances were slim to none, and it appears they were right (though I kind of saw it coming). Do you guys think it would be wrong/bad ettiquette to email and possibly ask why we weren't accepted? I really gave it my all and made such great sacrifices to get the recent grades (a whole year of 4.0 gpa) and strong rec letters I used in the application. I am currently in a state of not knowing what to do or where to turn, so any advice would be great!
Don't lose hope! I would definitely call and ask about your application status. I wouldn't automatically assume you did not get in and lead your email with why you were rejected (when you haven't received the email). There are still amazing programs that are still open! Look on AMCAS on any possible programs and filter to your preference and deadline. Taking classes through extensions from UCI/UCR/UCLA are great options as well! There is no one sure path to medical school, so don't lose hope. Make sure you know what you might have done differently and improve on those things and properly convey it on your other applications.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Don’t give up yet! I talked to the program director for the UCR program today and they are still reviewing applications and giving out interviews. She said to give it until the end of the month.

Don't lose hope! I would definitely call and ask about your application status. I wouldn't automatically assume you did not get in and lead your email with why you were rejected (when you haven't received the email). There are still amazing programs that are still open! Look on AMCAS on any possible programs and filter to your preference and deadline. Taking classes through extensions from UCI/UCR/UCLA are great options as well! There is no one sure path to medical school, so don't lose hope. Make sure you know what you might have done differently and improve on those things and properly convey it on your other applications.

Stay strong! I understand that it can be frustrating but keep praying and working hard. My friend had a 2.5 gpa and applied to the consortium three consecutive years. She was rejected to all schools the first two years, so she continued to take community college classes and kept applying each year. When she recieved her rejection letters she would reach out to each school and ask for feedback in areas she could strengthen to make her a stronger candidate the following year. This year she got into all 3 UC’s and also UCSD.

Reactions: 1 users
Stay strong! I understand that it can be frustrating but keep praying and working hard. My friend had a 2.5 gpa and applied to the consortium three consecutive years. She was rejected to all schools the first two years, so she continued to take community college classes and kept applying each year. When she recieved her rejection letters she would reach out to each school and ask for feedback in areas she could strengthen to make her a stronger candidate the following year. This year she got into all 3 UC’s and also UCSD.

I got into UCI and UCD would be happy to answer any questions !

What were your GPA and ECs like? Which do you believe was your strongest EC? Also, what options did the school provide in terms of funding the year long program?

I got into UCI and UCD would be happy to answer any questions !

What were your GPA and ECs like? Which do you believe was your strongest EC? Also, what options did the school provide in terms of funding the year long program?

I have a 3.4 overall GPA and 2.7 science gpa. My strongest extracurricular was being an EMT. I was involved in at least 7 other activities throughout college. (Class if 2018) UCI was my cheapest option and is costing about 11,000 plus housing. However a 3k stipend is given for housing.

I have a 3.4 overall GPA and 2.7 science gpa. My strongest extracurricular was being an EMT. I was involved in at least 7 other activities throughout college. (Class if 2018) UCI was my cheapest option and is costing about 11,000 plus housing. However a 3k stipend is given for housing.
Wow thanks everyone, I feel better about my worries, and thanks for the input! If you don't mind my asking, did you do loans for the 11k ? If so, were they grad plus loans or did you have to use some other type? Just trying to gather info for next year! Thanks!

Thanks! Got confirmation for Friday ! When do you think you'll hear back? How was it? :)

Based on last years forum, I assumed that we would potentially hear back the same day, but she said to give her about 7 days to send a response. She did make sure to mention that in the case that we don't hear back from her within 7 days, that doesn't mean that we have not been accepted.

Regarding the interview itself, it was really a moment for her to get to know you. She does build some of her questions off of your application and will also create questions based on previous responses to previous questions. But all around it was a standard interview where she is looking to get to know the applicant and give them a platform to talk about their story.

• Love
So are they still handing out interviews for UCR or is it done? I talked to her on the phone the other day and she said we should hear back before June 30 but since my app is complete I should hear back earlier than that but I haven’t received anything. :(

So are they still handing out interviews for UCR or is it done? I talked to her on the phone the other day and she said we should hear back before June 30 but since my app is complete I should hear back earlier than that but I haven’t received anything. :(

Yes, they are still reviewing apps and sending invitations, so I'd still keep an eye out.

Based on last years forum, I assumed that we would potentially hear back the same day, but she said to give her about 7 days to send a response. She did make sure to mention that in the case that we don't hear back from her within 7 days, that doesn't mean that we have not been accepted.

Regarding the interview itself, it was really a moment for her to get to know you. She does build some of her questions off of your application and will also create questions based on previous responses to previous questions. But all around it was a standard interview where she is looking to get to know the applicant and give them a platform to talk about their story.
Thank you. How'd you feel? Let us know when you hear the news! I'll let ya'll know as well. Good luck!

Thank you. How'd you feel? Let us know when you hear the news! I'll let ya'll know as well. Good luck!

I feel good about how it went. There was once where I felt like I didn't quite answer one of her questions how I would have wanted to, but overall I feel good about it. It's funny because my interview actually ended up going for 2 hours rather than 1 ahahah.

I feel good about how it went. There was once where I felt like I didn't quite answer one of her questions how I would have wanted to, but overall I feel good about it. It's funny because my interview actually ended up going for 2 hours rather than 1 ahahah.

How many people do you think they are interviewing? Still haven't heard anything but (trying) to keep my hopes up!

Anyone hear anything new from UCR?
If they plan to be sending out more interview invitations, I imagine it would be on Monday at the earliest/after the last interviews are completed for this round (which is today).

I got clarification about the start date of the program. Even though the website says July, Ms. Cofield told me that it starts in September. So knowing that, it is very likely that they arent rushing interviews and there might be more interviews to come in the following week(s). This is just my assumption.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard of American University's post bacc in Washington D.C.? Just trying to plan out some plan B's.

It is a good program but again costs can add up between the program and living in D.C. If I am not selected for the UCR program then I am going to apply to Berkeley extension. Their deadline is like two months before classes begin but you can take courses a la carte.

Oh man, is it really? Do you know if it's a relatively good program?

Is anyone else applying to any back-ups? If so, which schools?

How did your interview go?

Thought it went ok! Pretty much confirmed what you were saying. I also think they're still reviewing applications so fingers crossed! Just hope we hear back in the seven days timeframe haha

Anyone hear back from Davis ? It’s almost July. Is it safe to assume the cohort has been finalized and all students accepted their positions ?

Has anyone heard from UCR for more interviews or post-interview? :(

Nope. Nothing yet. I just accepted my offer for the SF state postbac just in case ucr doesn’t work out. If anyone has heard about SFSU’s program, let me know.

I honestly feel like we arent going to hear anything from them until next week (maybe). My friend who is in the Future Physician Leaders program (part of UCR pipeline program, along with the post bacc program) said that their first seminar had to be canceled because they hadn't received their parking permits from them yet. So I think its safe to say that they are probably just really backed up.

Thought it went ok! Pretty much confirmed what you were saying. I also think they're still reviewing applications so fingers crossed! Just hope we hear back in the seven days timeframe haha

Yeah the seventh day since my interview (depending on what day you consider day 1) was either yesterday or today...so either they are still considering more people or they are just very backed up in making final decisions.....only time will tell.