This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an e-mail today saying I was wait-listed at UCSF. Does anyone have any info on the wait-list movement? I am assuming it's virtually nil.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I honestly just call and hope that she picks up ahaha. I was able to talk with her this morning around 10 and the only information that she was able to give me is that they don’t plan on holding interviews the last week of June. So I assume that that means that the program may or may not start by July; atleast not early July.

I also assume that means that we should be hearing about interviews this week or next week.

Sorry this was a little confusing to read, could you clarify? What does "they don't plan on holding interviews the last week of June" mean? Why did she say that (it's an interesting way to say something, if I understood what she was trying to say, which I dont)?

What makes you think we should be hearing about interviews this week or next week? Or did you mean they wont be holding interviews the last week of MAY?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry this was a little confusing to read, could you clarify? What does "they don't plan on holding interviews the last week of June" mean? Why did she say that (it's an interesting way to say something, if I understood what she was trying to say, which I dont)?

What makes you think we should be hearing about interviews this week or next week? Or did you mean they wont be holding interviews the last week of MAY?

So without revealing too much, she told me that the committee does not plan on holding interviews the last week of June. So without revealing too much, she told me that the committee does not plan on holding interviews the last week of June. So I’m assuming that means that interviews will be held the first, second, and third week of June; and that we should be getting notified about whether or not we’ve been invited for an interview very soon.

I also say that the program may be starting mid or late July, because if interviews are just now happening… I doubt they’ll have us all situated and ready to go by the start of July.

Does that help clarify things?

Last edited:
So without revealing too much, she told me that the committee does not plan on holding interviews the last week of June. So without revealing too much, she told me that the committee does not plan on holding interviews the last week of June. So I’m assuming that means that interviews will be held the first, second, and third week of June; and that we should be getting notified about whether or not we’ve been invited for an interview very soon.

I also say that the program may be starting mid or late July, because if interviews are just now happening… I doubt they’ll have us all situated and ready to go by the start of July.

Have you only been able to speak to her via phone call? I emailed today about my incomplete status, and about sending in another set of transcripts but haven't received an answer yet. No luck with phone calls when I have time, but I work and barely have time to make calls, so that doesn't help me either...Just nervous I guess bcs my portal is still incomplete and it seems most people had their status updated last week...does anyone know if they filter out for gpa first? I had asked about applying despite having a 2.6 something vs a 2.7 science (overall is 3.2 ish), and it seemed ok, so now I'm wondering if they just filtered out my application:(

Have you only been able to speak to her via phone call? I emailed today about my incomplete status, and about sending in another set of transcripts but haven't received an answer yet. No luck with phone calls when I have time, but I work and barely have time to make calls, so that doesn't help me either...Just nervous I guess bcs my portal is still incomplete and it seems most people had their status updated last week...does anyone know if they filter out for gpa first? I had asked about applying despite having a 2.6 something vs a 2.7 science (overall is 3.2 ish), and it seemed ok, so now I'm wondering if they just filtered out my application:(

Yes I’ve only been able to speak with her via phone. And I usually just get lucky and am able to reach her at the right time. I’ve learned that emails aren’t the best way.

I recommend calling right when the office opens, which I believe is 7:30am or 8am.

yes, thank you!

Yes I’ve only been able to speak with her via phone. And I usually just get lucky and am able to reach her at the right time. I’ve learned that emails aren’t the best way.
[/QUOTE
I just received an email telling me to upload the documents as a supporting item, but I already sent the second set of transcripts? Only one extra grade was added from the first set I sent in March. Does anyone know if I'm supposed to upload a screenshot of my new grades? The email was very vague..

I just received an email telling me to upload the documents as a supporting item, but I already sent the second set of transcripts? Only one extra grade was added from the first set I sent in March. Does anyone know if I'm supposed to upload a screenshot of my new grades? The email was very vague..

You could try that since its just one additional grade. Unless its an easy process to request and updated transcript and then send it, then I would go that route. But if asking for an official transcript is going to take too long, then maybe an uploaded screen shot along with a follow-up email is the next best option.

So for UCR, based on the thread from last year, we most likely wont be hearing anything about interviews until mid June. So for anyone's app that is still marked as "not complete" I wouldn't worry too much. It seems we may still have time.

Does anyone know how or when the UCR program begins? I'm being asked to book a job as a camp counselor from July 5-13th so do you guys think I would be safe? I'm assuming they won't begin until mid July so hopefully I can still make it (once I book I cannot cancel)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how or when the UCR program begins? I'm being asked to book a job as a camp counselor from July 5-13th so do you guys think I would be safe? I'm assuming they won't begin until mid July so hopefully I can still make it (once I book I cannot cancel)

Honestly your best bet is to try and call and get a hold of the program coordinator and ask her. I would try calling first thing in the morning when she’s most likely just getting into her office and not in a meeting.

Hi all! My parent is trying to discourage me from continuing with the postbac program despite not having heard back from UCR yet (which is the only place I applied), as she says it is a total waste of time and money, and that my chances are slim to none. I know my GPA was slightly under when I applied, but I did my best to show them that I received a 4.0 for both semesters I recently completed at my local cc, and even though my overall is a 3.1, my science (with that recent work)is around a 2.66. From what I've been able to gather they are more lenient since departing from the consortium, and I did my best to tell my story and convey to them why I believe I am here to become a physician, and really poured my heart out into the application! I really hope they hear me out, but just venting/scared I guess bcs I know ya'll are probably just as nervous as I am and there hasn't been any kind of progress with UCR. Crossing my fingers for whoever reads this, I really do wish everyone out there the best!

Hi all! My parent is trying to discourage me from continuing with the postbac program despite not having heard back from UCR yet (which is the only place I applied), as she says it is a total waste of time and money, and that my chances are slim to none. I know my GPA was slightly under when I applied, but I did my best to show them that I received a 4.0 for both semesters I recently completed at my local cc, and even though my overall is a 3.1, my science (with that recent work)is around a 2.66. From what I've been able to gather they are more lenient since departing from the consortium, and I did my best to tell my story and convey to them why I believe I am here to become a physician, and really poured my heart out into the application! I really hope they hear me out, but just venting/scared I guess bcs I know ya'll are probably just as nervous as I am and there hasn't been any kind of progress with UCR. Crossing my fingers for whoever reads this, I really do wish everyone out there the best!

We will hear from UCR, most likely, mid June. If you look back at the 2018–2019 forrum… UCR didn’t respond with interviews until around June 15. So will be hearing from UCR mid June and we should be getting interviews mid June as well.

Hi all,
For anyone still waiting to hear back on final decisions including any interviews from UC Davis. I called this morning and was told that because their program starts in September they are taking longer to send their final notices to students but that we should be hearing back this month/"early June."

Reactions: 2 users
Received a rejection from UCD. No interview invite. Good luck to everyone else!

I applied to UC Consortium + UCSD and Touro’s MSMHS program. Accepted to UCSD, UCSF, and Touro. Rejected by UCI and UCD.
Do any of those MHS programs have linkage?

Do any of those MHS programs have linkage?

Touro offers a guaranteed interview if you attain a certain GPA in their program and a MCAT score of 494, or something like that.

Hi everyone! Has anyone been waitlisted for UC Davis? Do I even have a good chance of getting in? This is my first time applying. I’m still waiting on UCR. This news was kinda hard for me because I felt pretty confident leaving the interview.

They said I could get off the waitlist only if someone drops out of the program and they will randomly pick who they choose from the waitlist (there’s not an order on the waitlist)

Hi! I got recently had my secondary interview with UC Davis and got accepted! I am so grateful! We have been sent out welcome instructions so I am assuming this means our cohort is full :/

This is not exactly true as I am assuming, but I thought I'd give some update. Best of luck to everyone!

Hi! I got recently had my secondary interview with UC Davis and got accepted! I am so grateful! We have been sent out welcome instructions so I am assuming this means our cohort is full :/

This is not exactly true as I am assuming, but I thought I'd give some update. Best of luck to everyone!

Hi congratulations on your acceptance! It is a huge accomplishment! And I hope you do great! Can I ask when you interviewed?

Hi congratulations on your acceptance! It is a huge accomplishment! And I hope you do great! Can I ask when you interviewed?

I had my primary interview on 3/20 and my secondary interview on 5/31. I received my acceptance 1 hr after my interview

I had my primary interview on 3/20 and my secondary interview on 5/31. I received my acceptance 1 hr after my interview

How sure are you that the cohort is finalized. Is there anyone accepted to the program and is waiting on replys from other schools ?

Last edited:
Anyone apply to multiple programs? I’m wondering how to choose what programs is the best fit ? Any advice would be appreciated.

Hoping this is the week we hear from UCR. Im sure it goes without saying that if you do hear from UCR, please let the rest of us know ASAP so that we can all get a grasp on the timing of the matter ahahah
For real ! :(

This wait is making me so anxious!

I got placed on UCD’s alternate list today without a secondary interview

Reactions: 1 users
I got placed on UCD’s alternate list today without a secondary interview

I hope you get in!!! What did your email say ? And when did you get it ? Also what does alternate list mean ?

How sure are you that the cohort is finalized. Is there anyone accepted to the program and is waiting on replys from other schools ?

I am only assuming it is finalized as there are 20 students in correspondence with the emails. I’m not sure if others are waiting to hear back from other programs :/ I think if you haven’t been rejected, there’s still hope. However, it may just been under the circumstance that someone in our cohort decides to drop for some reason

I am only assuming it is finalized as there are 20 students in correspondence with the emails. I’m not sure if others are waiting to hear back from other programs :/ I think if you haven’t been rejected, there’s still hope. However, it may just been under the circumstance that someone in our cohort decides to drop for some reason

Thank you !

Has anyone had any recent contact with UCR? the anticipation is a killer.

No, but from earlier in the thread I thought they said interviews were not going to run the last week of june, so I guess this coming week we must absolutely be notified (not sure how else they would do it)

Has anyone had any recent contact with UCR? the anticipation is a killer.

It either has to be next week or the week after next. Maybe when she said that she didn’t plan on having interviews at the end of June, she meant that they would be held at the start of July. Idk y’all I’m just tryna read the context clues.

Last edited:
I'm hoping UCR comes back to us this coming week since they got back to people around this week! :( Good luck, everyone - fingers crossed!