This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got an e-mail today from UCLA asking to input my transcript into an excel sheet for GPA calculations and then to email it back to them. Anyone else get this?

Seems odd they would want to have you input your grades in their excel sheet if they already have your transcripts? Maybe this is their way of telling you Abe ready for an interview? When did you get the email? Also do you think they will have time to do interviews since we are almost in May and the program starts June?

Members don't see this ad.

If any of you who have been accepted to Davis and are choosing to accept the offer, some of us are in a Facebook group. Lmk if you want to join. So we can start getting to know each other and figure out housing etc

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a re-applicant to medical school, first time applicant to the post-bacc program.
I think it's a good sign because I'm also a re-applicant for med school but I have not heard anything from them.

Seems odd they would want to have you input your grades in their excel sheet if they already have your transcripts? Maybe this is their way of telling you Abe ready for an interview? When did you get the email? Also do you think they will have time to do interviews since we are almost in May and the program starts June?
I got the email on 4/23. I thought it was strange that I had to input my grades again too since I already did it for the program and they also have my transcript. Maybe they have their own internal way of calculating GPAs?
My impression from the posts here is that acceptance decisions are made pretty quickly after the interviews. So, I wouldn't be surprised if the interviews went all throughout May.

Reactions: 1 user
I got an invite to interview @ UCSF!! Mine is on May 16th. Any tips from ppl who already interviewed with them? Anything would be much appreciated
congrats! not sure if you have been asked already, but do u mind sharing stats?

congrats! not sure if you have been asked already, but do u mind sharing stats?

Yeah ive posted them before but don't mind posting again.

Currently a senior @ SFSU. Majoring in Cell and Molecular Biology as well as Psychology (double major). I haven't done any research or have any publications, but I do have lots of experience working with the underserved (my own community). Lots of community service hours + shadowing. I'm also bilingual (English and Spanish).

Science GPA: 2.82
Overall GPA: 3.17

Application Submitted: 2/26
Application marked 'Complete': 2/26

Rejected from: UCI
Accepted to: UC Davis

In-person Interview w/ UCSF: 5/16

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah ive posted them before but don't mind posting again.

Currently a senior @ SFSU. Majoring in Cell and Molecular Biology as well as Psychology (double major). I haven't done any research or have any publications, but I do have lots of experience working with the underserved (my own community). Lots of community service hours + shadowing. I'm also bilingual (English and Spanish).

Science GPA: 2.82
Overall GPA: 3.17

Application Submitted: 2/26
Application marked 'Complete': 2/26

Rejected from: UCI
Accepted to: UC Davis

In-person Interview w/ UCSF: 5/16
Thank you! and good luck on your interview!!

my app was complete on 2/9, but I haven't heard anything back. do you (or anyone else) know if they go through apps by date submitted? or do i still have hope

Thank you! and good luck on your interview!!

my app was complete on 2/9, but I haven't heard anything back. do you (or anyone else) know if they go through apps by date submitted? or do i still have hope

The post-bacc website states admissions are on a rolling basis.

If I had to guess about UCLA their deadline is March 6th I think so after that they will likely start interviewing....if they have not started already lol.

that's strange that I haven't heard anything back yet.. :(
keep your head up dude, this med school process is a marathon and you never really know where it takes you. i've been rejected more times than i can remember, but i believe as long as you constantly try to improve yourself then you'll get where you want to be eventually.

Members don't see this ad :)
keep your head up dude, this med school process is a marathon and you never really know where it takes you. i've been rejected more times than i can remember, but i believe as long as you constantly try to improve yourself then you'll get where you want to be eventually.
The Marathon Continues

Reactions: 3 users
I forget, but did someone say that UCR wasn’t going to start contacting people about interviews until mid May?

I forget, but did someone say that UCR wasn’t going to start contacting people about interviews until mid May?

I called them today regarding my transcripts (because I turned them in at the office and wanted to make sure they received them) but I also asked about when we should expect to hear back. She couldn't give me a set answer, she just said May and June are super busy times for them so we should expect to hear back around that time :/ From last years forum I saw that they interviewed in early June.

I only applied to the consortium post-bacc programs. After my interview at UCD, I was accepted! I still have 1 interview left at UCSF. I just wanted to share my progress so far. I posted my stats a while back if you're wondering what they were.

UCI: Interview 4/2, waitlisted
UCD: Interview 4/22, accepted
UCSF: Interview 5/2

Good luck to everyone so far. If you're curious about anything, msg me & I'll help answer a few questions! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone been denied from UCD or UCSF yet?

Has anyone been denied from UCD or UCSF yet?

My friend received a rejection email from UCD a few weeks back. I think she submitted her app in early February.

Just got an email from UCLA stating that they will start sending out interview invites today.

Just got an email from UCLA stating that they will start sending out interview invites today.
I'm a little nervous because I have not gotten any correspondence from them lol

Thanks for the heads up! Quick question, were you emailing them already or did they email you this update? I ask because I didn't get a confirmation that the GPA calc was received.

Thanks for the heads up! Quick question, were you emailing them already or did they email you this update? I ask because I didn't get a confirmation that the GPA calc was received.
What email did you send the GPA calculation to?

I emailed them a question about the GPA calculator because I haven't submitted it yet and they replied saying they were going to start sending out invites today!

• Wow
I also received an Email from UCLA RAP asking me to upload my AMCAS application for earlier screening. Still havent submitted my postbacc app yet

My eggs are in the fridge, let me know if anyone needs extra. They are organic

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone!
I received an acceptance from UCSF on May 2nd.
It was my third time applying.
I am currently conducting research at the National Institutes of Health (1 year).
I highly recommend applying to the NIH IRTA program since it is an amazing opportunity with so many resources (shadowing, volunteering, publications), and you get to work in the D.C. area.
It’s free and you get paid!
(Feel free to contact me for more info)

If anybody else gets into UCSF, please feel free to contact me and we can get a Group Me started!
Good luck to everyone applying!

Reactions: 7 users
Hey everyone!
I am currently conducting research at the National Institutes of Health (1 year).
I highly recommend applying to the NIH IRTA program since it is an amazing opportunity with so many resources (shadowing, volunteering, publications), and you get to work in the D.C. area.

If anybody else gets into UCSF, please feel free to contact me and we can get a Group Me started!

Congratulations ! The fact that you applied to a postbac 3 times says a lot about what kind of a physician you wanna be and how much you want it.

Reactions: 7 users
For UCR applicants: just wondering when you check your application through the portal, does it state when your LORs have been accepted/uploaded? Mine only shows my transcripts and I'm wondering if that signifies that they either haven't received or uploaded my LORs.

Hey everyone!

Congratulations! Can you tell us when was your interview?