UC Postbaccalaureate Consortium (2022-2023)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ubedaaa

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I hope everybody is doing well and continuing to stay safe!

I didn't see a thread for the UC Postbaccalaureate Consortium yet, so here we go. The application opens in a month! Who's applying?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I plan to apply. Would be my 2nd time applying unfortunately. Got rejected last year, hoping I can provide a stronger app and better essays this year.

Good luck!

I plan to apply. Would be my 2nd time applying unfortunately. Got rejected last year, hoping I can provide a stronger app and better essays this year.

Good luck!
Hi there!

So actually, I started this thread because I'm interested in helping people put together a stronger application! I applied last cycle and was accepted to the UC Davis cohort, but turned it down in favor of a MS program at USC Keck SOM. I was thinking about starting a GroupMe or Discord chat in order to help people out and possibly connect applicants with current and past alumni.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there!

So actually, I started this thread because I'm interested in helping people put together a stronger application! I applied last cycle and was accepted to the UC Davis cohort, but turned it down in favor of a MS program at USC Keck SOM. I was thinking about starting a GroupMe or Discord chat in order to help people out and possibly connect applicants with current and past alumni.
Oh that would be amazing! I’d be open to a groupme chat!

Also, may I ask what MS program you did? I was looking into USC’s MS in global medicine but my gpa is low and just below their requirement so not sure if I’m eligible.

Oh that would be amazing! I’d be open to a groupme chat!

Also, may I ask what MS program you did? I was looking into USC’s MS in global medicine but my gpa is low and just below their requirement so not sure if I’m eligible.
Great! I'll get one started and share soon

I'm actually currently still in the program, I'm getting a MS in Integrative Anatomical Sciences (fancy way of saying human anatomy). I've heard good things about all of the MS programs here though! I wouldn't be shy of applying with a low GPA. I applied with a sub-3.0 and got in, so it's possible! Happy to chat in the DMs about it!

Great! I'll get one started and share soon

I'm actually currently still in the program, I'm getting a MS in Integrative Anatomical Sciences (fancy way of saying human anatomy). I've heard good things about all of the MS programs here though! I wouldn't be shy of applying with a low GPA. I applied with a sub-3.0 and got in, so it's possible! Happy to chat in the DMs about it!

Hi, I have seen your posts here at SDN and Reddit. I am applying this cycle and would love to touch base with you. Do not know how DM works here, how could we connect? Thank you so much in advance!

hi all!

i couldn’t find any other thread for this current cycle; but who is applying this year and how is your application going? i just submitted mine on 2/16, just waiting for it to be verified!

hi all!

i couldn’t find any other thread for this current cycle; but who is applying this year and how is your application going? i just submitted mine on 2/16, just waiting for it to be verified!
I sent in my application and verified on 1/18, still radio silence and haven't gotten anything yet. My best guess is end of February going off of recent cycle patterns before we will hear anything

I sent in my application and verified on 1/18, still radio silence and haven't gotten anything yet. My best guess is end of February going off of recent cycle patterns before we will hear anything
I submitted my app on 1/24 and verified on 1/24 and still haven’t heard anything too..

Same here submit in January and haven’t heard anything
I submitted my app on 1/24 and verified on 1/24 and still haven’t heard anything too..
Idk if it's just me but it seems weird how the last few cohort cycles had a lot of posts and mentions even before the application opened. This year seems lackluster however, just my observation. Do you guys have any of the four programs in mind that you'd prefer to attend?

Idk if it's just me but it seems weird how the last few cohort cycles had a lot of posts and mentions even before the application opened. This year seems lackluster however, just my observation. Do you guys have any of the four programs in mind that you'd prefer to attend?
That’s my observation too.. do you think there’s less people applying this year? I would love to stay here at SF, so would be my dream to go to UCSF. How about you?

That’s my observation too.. do you think there’s less people applying this year? I would love to stay here at SF, so would be my dream to go to UCSF. How about you?
I have a feeling that might be the case. I even searched around on reddit and couldn't find anything on this cycle. But hey that means better for us right? I would love to attend UCI since after graduation I want to move down there because I have a lot of ties to the area. Plus I've been to their campus and the medical center and it was probably one of my favorite hospitals I've ever set foot in. Hopefully we start hearing back soon

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a feeling that might be the case. I even searched around on reddit and couldn't find anything on this cycle. But hey that means better for us right? I would love to attend UCI since after graduation I want to move down there because I have a lot of ties to the area. Plus I've been to their campus and the medical center and it was probably one of my favorite hospitals I've ever set foot in. Hopefully we start hearing back soon
I really hope so too! Also, do see the same sceeen as I’m seeing when you log in? Do you see “app submitted” as the status
EBAECD9A-0E5C-4FDD-8A8A-9966414B3DF5.jpeg

I really hope so too! Also, do see the same sceeen as I’m seeing when you log in? Do you see “app submitted” as the statusView attachment 350696
Yeah that's what I have. In my communications inbox I got the email that said my application has been advanced to the individual schools for review. Do you have the same in your inbox

Yeah that's what I have. In my communications inbox I got the email that said my application has been advanced to the individual schools for review. Do you have the same in your inbox
I got that email too. It’s so nerve wrecking waiting around lol

I got that email too. It’s so nerve wrecking waiting around lol
yeah me too. The radio silence from both sides on the committee and the little amount of applicants on here/reddit are also making me nervous about what this cycle is going to be like.

yeah me too. The radio silence from both sides on the committee and the little amount of applicants on here/reddit are also making me nervous about what this cycle is going to be like.
Yeah ! I haven’t found any threads besides this one. I wonder if the volume of applicants is less this year

Based on past years thread, I think the earliest that they heard back was last week of February and early March.. 😧

Just wanted to check up on the thread and yall, did anyone hear back yet?
I didn’t hear back, have you or anyone else you know heard anything? Just praying we’d get interviewed 🙏🏼

I didn’t hear back, have you or anyone else you know heard anything? Just praying we’d get interviewed 🙏🏼
Nope still nothing. I heard from my physio professor the schools are severely understaffed right now because of quitting/cuts. Since the postbacc staff and admissions are both professors from the school of medicine, I think they might be extremely slow this year

Hi All,

Feel free to request to join this GroupMe, if you'd like to chat more about the cycle and timeline: GroupMe

I started this thread, as well as the one for last year, which gained a ton of traction and at one point had almost 100 applicants in it. Out of everybody that joined, we had a good # of people making up the cohorts for each school.

I too am a little surprised at the lack of applicants posting on here, but it has been a weird last two years. I will say that interviews were held the first/second week of March for some of the programs last year though. I had already heard back from Davis at the end of Feb., had both interviews mid-March, and accepted first week of April

@DYLNFL1 @elmedico4130 @PreMedChummy @jingwen999

Hi everyone! I've also applied this year -- marked complete as of 2/13 but haven't heard anything. I'm starting to worry? Has anyone heard anything yet?

hey all! so excited to say that i got verified on 2/17 and i just received an interview invite to UCI today. they’re allowing me to schedule my interview via the application portal. has anyone else received any II’s?

congrats @jingwen999 !! That's awesome! Feel free to join the GroupMe above (if you haven't already) and I might be able to patch you in with some current UCI students to chat about the program

My application was marked complete on January 31 and still no word from any of the four programs.

hi friends! i was wondering if anyone has heard back recently? my application was finally complete on the 29th because my LOR took a while to get updated on my application, so i am also currently waiting to hear back about the status of my application! the deadline is today already! good luck to everyone who applied and hope we all hear good news!

hi friends! i was wondering if anyone has heard back recently? my application was finally complete on the 29th because my LOR took a while to get updated on my application, so i am also currently waiting to hear back about the status of my application! the deadline is today already! good luck to everyone who applied and hope we all hear good news!
Hey there. No updates, except for the email that UCI extended their deadline. Congrats on completing your application! Thanks for the good luck wishes. Good luck! 💕

I wonder what's happening this cycle :scared: Last year's thread had a bunch of people posting their interview invites mid-March.

I wonder what's happening this cycle :scared: Last year's thread had a bunch of people posting their interview invites mid-March.
I wonder the same. I’m new to SDN I decided to join to contribute to the cycle discussion. I submitted 2/15 and received an interview invite for UCD on 3/23… it hasn’t happened yet! But I can update if anyone wants to know about it. I was hoping to find some insight on the interview w old threads but didn’t see too much!

I wonder the same. I’m new to SDN I decided to join to contribute to the cycle discussion. I submitted 2/15 and received an interview invite for UCD on 3/23… it hasn’t happened yet! But I can update if anyone wants to know about it. I was hoping to find some insight on the interview w old threads but didn’t see too much!
Congrats on your interview! When is yours? I think I read something about 2 rounds of interviews. Do you know if this is true?

@nontrad&t @littlemeh I encourage y'all to join the GM I linked previously in this thread for insight and to connect with other applicants!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats on your interview! When is yours? I think I read something about 2 rounds of interviews. Do you know if this is true?
Thank you so much! It's actually tomorrow lol. Yes it is 100% true. It's not easy to the eye to find on their website, but there's a link to their program timeline from the moment you apply and it says two interviews.

Thanks for starting the thread @ubedaaa! My cycle just ended last week with no As 😔 so I'm hoping to learn more about the UC Consortium through these threads. It seems like from the previous years everyone has already submitted their apps in January so does anyone know if it's too late to start my application now, specifically for UCLA's RAP? Thanks!

Thanks for starting the thread @ubedaaa! My cycle just ended last week with no As 😔 so I'm hoping to learn more about the UC Consortium through these threads. It seems like from the previous years everyone has already submitted their apps in January so does anyone know if it's too late to start my application now, specifically for UCLA's RAP? Thanks!
Its never too late! The reapplicants I know still haven't heard anything yet, Ghogh for it!

has anyone done a primary with UCD and not heard anything for quite a while?
are there any new updates with anyone in this app cycle on that note too?:)

has anyone done a primary with UCD and not heard anything for quite a while?
are there any new updates with anyone in this app cycle on that note too?:)
I did an interview with UCI on 04/08 and have not heard anything. I would also like to know if anyone have any updates?

Hello all! I made a GroupMe thread for accepted 2022-2023 UCD post-bacc students. Join here so we can all stay connected: GroupMe

Hello, I'm looking for some input on this, but I just got an interview invite for UCLA RAP. There are threads for years past, but none for this cycle. Anyone else get it and any thoughts on how to prep for this interview?

Hello, I'm looking for some input on this, but I just got an interview invite for UCLA RAP. There are threads for years past, but none for this cycle. Anyone else get it and any thoughts on how to prep for this interview?
omg theres literally no info atleast not much on the UCLA RAP program. I didn't even know about It and applied super last min ): can I ask when you submitted! Congrats on the interview btw!!

This application system is dreadful compared to others I've used. Why is my high school history etc relevant? I just wanted to apply to Charles R. Drew. I really wish schools would use their own personalized applications. Drexel's is great for example.