This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For UCR applicants: just wondering when you check your application through the portal, does it state when your LORs have been accepted/uploaded? Mine only shows my transcripts and I'm wondering if that signifies that they either haven't received or uploaded my LORs.

My assumption is that they just started uploading things. I see that my transcripts have just been uploaded today. So I assume they will probably have our letters uploaded by next week. Maybe ahah.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For UCR applicants: just wondering when you check your application through the portal, does it state when your LORs have been accepted/uploaded? Mine only shows my transcripts and I'm wondering if that signifies that they either haven't received or uploaded my LORs.

Check again. I just saw that my LORs have been uploaded and my application is now considered complete.

Hi all!
This is my first post as well, and I have questions about the UCR application! Does anyone know when this program actually begins, I know it says July but I am trying to schedule a summer camp program and want to know the exact dates. My status says documentation incomplete, even though I know for a fact that all lors and transcripts were sent in way before the application even opened, and my application was completed very early on after it opened. Has anyone heard anything from UCR? This is the only application I was able to send in, because all other post baccs wanted at 2.8 or above science GPA. I have a 2.6 (UCR wants a 2.7) and 3.0 overall. I am definitely disadvantaged (grew up in foster care) and live about 20 minutes out from riverside. I emailed last year about flexibility for the GPA, and it seemed they were willing to overlook the small difference so long as my letters were ok and I had completed most of my prerequisites (I have all but 2 quarters of physics, only did one at uci). I don't know if they would do it again this year, but I turned it in anyways and am crossing my fingers! I graduated as english with almost all the prerequisites, have done 200+ hours of hospital volunteering, and completed a life changing job as a summer camp volunteer at Ronald McDonald house charities summer camp for children with cancer. I have yet to take mcat, but desperately need this chance! Are my stats looking ok, I have nobody to talk to about this! If anyone could tell me anything at all I would appreciate this so much, this includes info on the program itself!). Thanks:)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all!
This is my first post as well, and I have questions about the UCR application! Does anyone know when this program actually begins, I know it says July but I am trying to schedule a summer camp program and want to know the exact dates. My status says documentation incomplete, even though I know for a fact that all lors and transcripts were sent in way before the application even opened, and my application was completed very early on after it opened. Has anyone heard anything from UCR? This is the only application I was able to send in, because all other post baccs wanted at 2.8 or above science GPA. I have a 2.6 (UCR wants a 2.7) and 3.0 overall. I am definitely disadvantaged (grew up in foster care) and live about 20 minutes out from riverside. I emailed last year about flexibility for the GPA, and it seemed they were willing to overlook the small difference so long as my letters were ok and I had completed most of my prerequisites (I have all but 2 quarters of physics, only did one at uci). I don't know if they would do it again this year, but I turned it in anyways and am crossing my fingers! I graduated as english with almost all the prerequisites, have done 200+ hours of hospital volunteering, and completed a life changing job as a summer camp volunteer at Ronald McDonald house charities summer camp for children with cancer. I have yet to take mcat, but desperately need this chance! Are my stats looking ok, I have nobody to talk to about this! If anyone could tell me anything at all I would appreciate this so much, this includes info on the program itself!). Thanks:)

Based off of what some previous posters have said, they haven’t released the exact dates. It might have to do with the fact that the application availability was a bit delayed so the program it self may be a bit delayed. I’m not sure. But previous people have said that they haven’t really gotten a straight answer about date specifics.

In regards to documentation completion, give it some time. My transcripts and letters of recommendation were just uploaded and my application was just considered complete. So it seems like they’re getting everything into their system right now.

I only applied to UCR‘s program as well, but more so because my other obligations are centered in Riverside and to attend a program in another city would mean not participating in those obligations.

Other than the information that’s found on the website, a lot of us have just been told that interviews could go as late as June.

For UCR, my LORs all confirmed that they sent it but only 2/3 LOR was uploaded :( I tried calling them but no answer. It was uploaded 6/05. I was not sure why that occurred but has anyone else had this problem?

For UCR, my LORs all confirmed that they sent it but only 2/3 LOR was uploaded :( I tried calling them but no answer. It was uploaded 6/05. I was not sure why that occurred but has anyone else had this problem?

Yeah for some reason their portal has a glitch with the dates. Mine says they were uploaded June 5th as well.

I think they are using this week to get everything uploaded. I didnt see my transcripts uploaded until this past Sunday, and I didnt see my LORs uploaded till today.

Does anybody have any idea how post bac loans go? I know there is no financial aid, but I'm not sure if they offer grad plus loans or we have to somehow take out bank loans? UCR website says they work with the fin aid office but not sure what exactly this means...

My friend called UCD and they said that they're going to be interviewing until June/July.. Trying to stay hopeful. Does any one else have any updates about UCD?

Reactions: 1 users
My friend called UCD and they said that they're going to be interviewing until June/July.. Trying to stay hopeful. Does any one else have any updates about UCD?
Hello, just confirming, they said July?

I thought the final notification (from their website) states that it is on June 3rd, 2019.

I do agree we should stay hopeful!

Has anyone still not heard back from UCD regarding an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
UCSF says theyre review applicants again on May 13 (thats when people have to decide if they're going or not)

I had my UCD skype interview last week (5/1). They are not having tracks anymore. They are trying something new this year. The whole cohort will start fall quarter (mid/late September).

Does anybody know how the summer component works? I would love to go to UCR but they don't have any dates for the program , and I have to schedule a summer camp session. I'm not sure how it would work out if I had to miss a week, the camp is about 8 days long (Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times)...that is if by some miracle I actually get in:)

Did anyone get accepted to UCSF and is NOT going??

UCD will offer an accelerated CAR review spring quarter and then MCAT course over the summer.

Yes, but only because I emailed them lol
What did they tell you? I haven't heard back from them. I called them and they told me that they are still screening. They said they would get back to everyone within this week or next week but they said the same thing 2weeks ago to me. Also they said they only have 5 -7 slots

What did they tell you? I haven't heard back from them. I called them and they told me that they are still screening. They said they would get back to everyone within this week or next week but they said the same thing 2weeks ago to me. Also they said they only have 5 -7 slots
Similar but more so that my app is going through the screening process.

Has anyone ever interviewed with Charles R. Drew University (CDU)?

Does anybody else's UCR application portal say complete? I still have yet to have my LORs updated, just hoping to see that I'm not an isolated case (those were sent in waaaay before my transcripts yet the transcripts are the only things uploaded).

Does anybody else's UCR application portal say complete? I still have yet to have my LORs updated, just hoping to see that I'm not an isolated case (those were sent in waaaay before my transcripts yet the transcripts are the only things uploaded).

Mine says complete

Hearing this I’m gonna assume that UCR is still working on uploading and completing all of the application packets. So we may not hear back about interviews until two weeks from now maybe.

Hello,

Also first time posting but for people wondering. I interviewed for UCSF's post-bacc May 6th and got accepted May 8th. I sent an email this Friday and they said they are still interviewing people, they reduced the cohort this year from 15 to 10 people so they aren't interviewing as many people as usual That's the only information I have as of now.

Does anybody know if there is a strict GPA cutoff? I had originally attempted to apply last year, but was missing a science rec letter and my sGPA was a 2.5. I emailed UCR at the time and the director told me it depended on how many prerequisites I had completed (which I had all but 2/3 quarters of physics complete) but she wouldn't reply this time around. My GPA this time around was a 2.68 (UCR requires a 2.7) and I was able to get great rec letters and am still missing that physics. This being said, does anyone think my application might get automatically screened out? UCR didn't ask for GPA inputs at all, and I am wondering if they will even consider me. My professors all encouraged me to apply anyways, as UCR is known for giving hard working students a chance to go to med school (have heard some amazing background stories from students themselves on how this school has given them a chance). If it helps, I grew up in the San Bernardino County (15 min from Riverside) and my disadvantaged status is that I was a former foster youth, in the system from age 1 to 8 ish, and grew up low ses. I am the first person in my immediate family to graduate from a university and first one in my extended family to attempt med school. My mom is only spanish speaking (I am also bilingual) and cultural conflicts gave me an extremely difficult time learning to navigate working full time in the family business and UCI life, which is why I messed up my undergraduate grades. I'm just trying to give back to my pediatric community if I one day get in to med school:) Anyone have any opinions or advice? Thanks!

Last edited:
Does anybody know if there is a strict GPA cutoff? I had originally attempted to apply last year, but was missing a science rec letter and my sGPA was a 2.5. I emailed UCR at the time and the director told me it depended on how many prerequisites I had completed (which I had all but 2/3 quarters of physics complete) but she wouldn't reply this time around. My GPA this time around was a 2.68 (UCR requires a 2.7) and I was able to get great rec letters and am still missing that physics. This being said, does anyone think my application might get automatically screened out? UCR didn't ask for GPA inputs at all, and I am wondering if they will even consider me. My professors all encouraged me to apply anyways, as UCR is known for giving hard working students a chance to go to med school (have heard some amazing background stories from students themselves on how this school has given them a chance). If it helps, I grew up in the San Bernardino County (15 min from Riverside) and my disadvantaged status is that I was a former foster youth, in the system from age 1 to 8 ish, and grew up low ses. I am the first person in my immediate family to graduate from a university and first one in my extended family to attempt med school. My mom is only spanish speaking (I am also bilingual) and cultural conflicts gave me an extremely difficult time learning to navigate working full time in the family business and UCI life, which is why I messed up my undergraduate grades. I'm just trying to give back to my pediatric community if I one day get in to med school:) Anyone have any opinions or advice? Thanks!

Hey! I know they are somewhat strict on the GPA, but honestly I talked to Teresa and she said that they're less strict than they were when they were in the Consortium, so I definitely would take that into consideration. That being said, I do believe if you told a compelling story (as you do) I have no doubt you'll be considered. They do worry about the amount of science classes you've taken because their program is apart of the sciences school, not the SOM itself, so they would need to take that into consideration when looking at your app. I would just wait until you hear back from the school. Good luck!

Hey! I know they are somewhat strict on the GPA, but honestly I talked to Teresa and she said that they're less strict than they were when they were in the Consortium, so I definitely would take that into consideration. That being said, I do believe if you told a compelling story (as you do) I have no doubt you'll be considered. They do worry about the amount of science classes you've taken because their program is apart of the sciences school, not the SOM itself, so they would need to take that into consideration when looking at your app. I would just wait until you hear back from the school. Good luck!
Thanks so much! Just out of curiosity, how did you contact Teresa? I would like to ask her a few more questions but emails don't seem to be the best way to get to her? Good luck to you too!

Thanks so much! Just out of curiosity, how did you contact Teresa? I would like to ask her a few more questions but emails don't seem to be the best way to get to her? Good luck to you too!

This is the phone number that’s on the program website: (951) 827-4935

I applied to UCR. Soon after the application deadline, my transcripts were uploaded. My LORs have not been added, and under "documentation", my application is marked as "not complete". So maybe they are not finished processing supporting materials?
For those with applications marked as "complete", are you a re-applicant or first time applicant for AMCAS?

I applied to UCR. Soon after the application deadline, my transcripts were uploaded. My LORs have not been added, and under "documentation", my application is marked as "not complete". So maybe they are not finished processing supporting materials?
For those with applications marked as "complete", are you a re-applicant or first time applicant for AMCAS?

I‘m a first-time applicant.

Last edited:
Hello,

Also first time posting but for people wondering. I interviewed for UCSF's post-bacc May 6th and got accepted May 8th. I sent an email this Friday and they said they are still interviewing people, they reduced the cohort this year from 15 to 10 people so they aren't interviewing as many people as usual That's the only information I have as of now.

I interviewed on the 7th and haven't heard back yet. I think I remember them saying the next review committee meeting was going to be at the end of the month though. Do you know how many interviews they average per cycle?

Hello everyone, re-applicant here! First time posting on this thread--all of your posts have been really helpful!

Last edited:
Hello everyone, re-applicant here! First time posting on this thread--all of your posts have been really helpful!
I agree, its nice to be able to talk to others about this! I was going out of my mind bcs I was searching reddit for months and couldn't find anyone to talk to! Where did you apply to?

I interviewed on the 7th and haven't heard back yet. I think I remember them saying the next review committee meeting was going to be at the end of the month though. Do you know how many interviews they average per cycle?
Yea they also told me they were reviewing at the end of the month but other than that i'm not sure how many interviews they average per cycle. All I know is that they interviewed less people this year.

Yea they also told me they were reviewing at the end of the month but other than that i'm not sure how many interviews they average per cycle. All I know is that they interviewed less people this year.

Thanks for the info and congrats on your acceptance!

Anyone hear back from Davis or La. Its mid may , I am starting to think they are done with screening and interviews

Anyone hear back from Davis or La. Its mid may , I am starting to think they are done with screening and interviews
I just received a secondary (in-person) interview from Davis. Interview is May 31st.

Last edited:
When does UCD's program even start? Is it normal for them to not contact applicants at all this late?

When does UCD's program even start? Is it normal for them to not contact applicants at all this late?
It begins fall quarter (mid/late September).

Hi! Has anyone heard back about in person interviews for Davis yet? If it’s the 31st, then I feel like I should be hearing back at least a week before otherwise I probably didn’t get it :( I want answers, this waiting game is tough.

Hi everyone ! Its so exciting to see everyone’s journey on here. I’ll be attending UCI and was wondering if anyone had any info on housing there? Or if anyone else is attending UCI, how’ve you been searching for housing? In desperate need of tips! Thanks, and good luck to everyone !

Hi! Has anyone heard back about in person interviews for Davis yet? If it’s the 31st, then I feel like I should be hearing back at least a week before otherwise I probably didn’t get it :( I want answers, this waiting game is tough.

I feel you on that. I’m not waiting to hear back from Davis, but from Riverside.