traveling around SUNY Downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eyang22286

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm out of state and have an interview in early march at SUNY Downstate. they don't provide any info about housing and etc on their site (either that or i'm blind), so i was wondering where people were staying, keeping in mind getting to the school and cost.

should i fly to LGA or JFK? and what are some hotels that people have been staying at? thanks!

oh yeah, i also have an iphone, and was wondering if people who used the public transportation mode in google maps had a smooth time navigating new york..... that'd probably help a lot if it did (i'm from socal... public transportation's almost nonexistent but necessary)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
i'm out of state and have an interview in early march at SUNY Downstate. they don't provide any info about housing and etc on their site (either that or i'm blind), so i was wondering where people were staying, keeping in mind getting to the school and cost.

should i fly to LGA or JFK? and what are some hotels that people have been staying at? thanks!

oh yeah, i also have an iphone, and was wondering if people who used the public transportation mode in google maps had a smooth time navigating new york..... that'd probably help a lot if it did (i'm from socal... public transportation's almost nonexistent but necessary)
hey, i flew to lga, but i think jfk is closer. one thing about brooklyn is, there arent really cabs, so you have to call a car service (its pretty cheap, actually). i too have an iphone and used it in manhattan to get around and it worked very well. i stayed at a marriott, but it was pretty far from the school. there is a howard johnson within walking distance. hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.