The WWatering Hole Bar Grand Opening - Game Thread.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Melchizedek

Magnificent Mocha Mel - Trilt
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
HFF2UXO.png

a @Trilt and @Melchizedek production (with @Filly Bay's assistance)

Come one, come all, to the grand opening of SDN's newest bar; the Watering Hole! The bartenders are hired, stools installed, mixers on their way and we're only days from show time. The only thing missing?

The booze!

_ _ __ ___ ____ ______ __________ ______ ____ ___ __ _ _

qr4diOK.jpg

Trilt and I will be your bartenders extraordinaire! After spending years traveling the globe, sampling all the finest beer and spirits, tending bar for the rich and famous, and just generally getting drunk hydrated, we have brought our experience and talents to all of you here at SDN! We are slated for our Grand Opening soon, but there's still a lot to finish up before we're ready for opening day. This is where you all come in! As bottles on our shelves, you all are our inventory. You'll be helping us prep for opening day, and hopefully help tone down all the neurotic pre-health students on this site!

But we have a problem....inventory keeps disappearing, property keeps getting damaged, the grill keeps breaking, and all manner of other hi-jinks abound. Help us find out who is trying to keep us from opening, so that we can start serving the masses!
Bartending+School+Flair.jpg

Rules
  1. PM’s are permitted within groups, and other Mod-confirmed means. Please include Mods in PM’s, I’m doing this for my own entertainment above all.
  2. Ability actions are not restricted to those in your group.
  3. Editing for clarity or grammar is allowed. No changes to content or lynch votes.
  4. No quoting Mod PM’s. Summarize, lie, put words in our mouths, whatever, just no quoting.
  5. Please don’t make strategy posts after lynch/night close.
  6. No scamming the game. If you think it might be illegal, check with the mods.
  7. Besides D1 (because I have an exam) I will attempt to lynch tally every couple of hours and more frequently toward lynch close. Brownie points and STL-Gold* to anyone who helps in this endeavor.
  8. Lynch close at 2200 EST and Night close at 0600 EST
*STL-Gold is like leprechaun gold from Harry Potter. Its worth nothing and disappears after a few hours.

Unless otherwise told, you are a Villager, now get lynching! :corny:
D1 Starts now. Lynch Closes 10/27/2017 @ 2200 EST

Roster

I’ll come out for ONE drink
1. @LetItSnow

Shots? SHOTS!
2. @TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo
3. @SnowshoeDog143
4. @rabbott1971
5. @PrincessButterCup

Awkward First Date
6. @Kam325
7. @DVMDream

What Happened Last Night?
8. @SkiOtter
9. @Ceke2002
10. @Crayola227
11. @finnickthedog

I Knew I Should Have Stayed Home
12. @SummerTheLynx
13. @genny
14. @WildZoo
15. @Cyndia

Winos
16. @Jilary
17. @allieh8607
18. @raf2769

Whiskey Aficionados
19. @Animal Midwife
20. @tartesos
21. @LadyOtheFarm

Trying to Recreate the College Days
22. @britzen
23. @PippyPony
24. @mmmdreamerz

Dead:
Mel’s soul, hopes, and dreams. But what else is new?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lynch STL

Because I missed him and hope he'll talk this game. It's like why you hit boys on the playground in 2nd grade.

Reactions: 6 users
Lynch LIS

Because why is he here for only one drink?

Reactions: 1 users
lynch Pippy

Still salty.
Me, in dead chat last game:

One other comment about this, because I laughed about it again this morning...
I would like to nominate this post by Crayola for a Paranoia of the Day Award (aka "a pippy"). She should win the pippy for Highest Percentage of WWers Suspected in a Single Post.
...genny apparently still salty that my paranoia screwed her out of her win condition in STL's game lol

:love:

Reactions: 6 users
Well if everyone is lynching right away

Lynch Genny

Because she was a good wolf last game.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yay! Got to bust old my original, oldest crazy blonde avatar for this game! Starbuck drinking the pain away

D1 We Should Buy A Bar Official Lynch Tally

Britzkrieg Bop (1) - Finn
STL (1) - LOtF
Cyndia (1) - Pippy
Pippy (1) - Genny
LIS (1) - Cake
Genny (1) - Snowy
Cake (1) - LIS
Voting 7/24

Everyone is tied.

Lynch ends in: a lot of time on 10/27/2017 @ 2200 EST

giphy.gif

@Rabbott, yeah we were originally going to run this game starting the night of 10/26 because people have IRL stuff and whatnot. So we’re keeping to that timetable. After D1 all other days will be 0600 to 2200 each day.

lynch Snowy

I don't like what I feel like is a retaliatory vote for Genny

I know Genny has burned me twice for being an evil wolf, and Snowy was totally piled on and totally innocent last game, but the Snowy vote for Genny just bugs me

Lynch genny

for blocking me the whole game and driving me to insanity last time.

#salty #notrust

Reactions: 1 user
Because he's a lightweight who burned out his liver when he was your age.

lynch Ceke for beating up on the old guy.

Ha, I bet I'm older than you, and I can still...hang on, which group am I in again...

Reactions: 2 users
Lynch tartesos

Because I have no idea who that is.

lol the time is not only EST but military.... help!!

We'll, if we're going to go military time, let's just make it really clear for everybody and say lynch ends 272200ROCT17. Better? Better.

Sure, if you guys want to punish a WINNER from last game, go ahead and lynch me. If you want to get a wolf, look elsewhere.

Of course we do. It's much easier on your conscience to vote D1 for someone who lived to the end of the last game, for most people.

Total aside, when it comes to tv bars, I used to think of Cheers.... then I would think of How I Met Your Mother....

Now I think of Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I just started it (it's been around for at least 12-13 seasons). Does it get better, worse, or stay the same? I love it, so far.

Reactions: 4 users
It's D1 weak crap, but this is off....

Yeah, AM definitely was an "always feels wolfy" player when she started, but not in several games now.
Maybe I'm just that bad at reading her. :laugh:I'm not saying she's reading wolf atm, I'm saying she usually reads that way to me. Hell, I was modding and I knew she was a villager, and I still read her play as wolf.

Reactions: 3 users
It's D1 weak crap, but this is off....

Yeah, AM definitely was an "always feels wolfy" player when she started, but not in several games now.

Actually I kind of agree with pbc. Granted my reads have been really crappy lately, but am's play style (calling people out, not sharing a ton of her own thoughts) always sets off flags to me.

Reactions: 1 user
Actually I kind of agree with pbc. Granted my reads have been really crappy lately, but am's play style (calling people out, not sharing a ton of her own thoughts) always sets off flags to me.

Meh. I don't see it. I was a very aggressive AM voter when she started playing because she just <screamed> wolf. But lately that hasn't been the case.

Total aside, when it comes to tv bars, I used to think of Cheers.... then I would think of How I Met Your Mother....

Now I think of Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I just started it (it's been around for at least 12-13 seasons). Does it get better, worse, or stay the same? I love it, so far.

I just binged it for the first time last month! Only made it through the first 4 seasons or so, it stayed good through then at least. I just had to take a break because their constant bad decisions were starting to grate on my nerves haha.

Wouldn't that suggest waiting a little bit and seeing what other people say, then?

I agree with PBC. I'm not a veteran player but I've played a few with AM and I can't read her either, even as a villager, in a way that totes creeps me out. That makes her feel scary wolfy. Even when she's not. But I've played with her both ways and I can't tell the difference.

That said, when she's village she's useful, so she's not exactly my pick for L1. (lynch 1)

:eyebrow:
Does she though?

AM always felt wolfy to me me until I realized that AM feeling wolfy to me was AM being villager, I feel like she's been playing long enough now that "AM always feels wolfy" makes me :eyebrow: too. (But what do I know, I haven't played in forever).