***The Official USC Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand this. People have interviewed and been denied. I haven't been denied and I haven't been interviewed and I haven't been put on a wait list.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't understand this. People have interviewed and been denied. I haven't been denied and I haven't been interviewed and I haven't been put on a wait list.

Don't lose hope! I believe USC is still sending out interview invites for April.
I hope you get some good news soon

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
During the interview I remember hearing they would interview into April. But when speaking with someone from the admissions the other day, they happened to say they were done interviewing... So not exactly sure which it is!

Usc definitely has a strong history of sending acceptance letters on Friday and Monday. Looks like they do a wave once a month. I think we should be seeing some movement on the waiting list, to say the least. Peace and blessings.

Usc definitely has a strong history of sending acceptance letters on Friday and Monday. Looks like they do a wave once a month. I think we should be seeing some movement on the waiting list, to say the least. Peace and blessings.
Hopefully we hear back tomorrow :)

if anyone gets accepted today, can you post the deadline date for you to submit your deposit?

Members don't see this ad :)
Those of you who interviewed end of march did they say how much of the class is full?I interviewed in November so just curious

If anyone is looking for a formal program to improve your application, I would recommend looking into the one-year master program at University of South Florida (USF) - Morsani College of Medicine.
Just google: "Morsani MSP3".
Feel free to PM me with have any question.

Hi Sky

I am creating backups as I await replies from Dental schools and was interested in the 1 year program you mentioned.

Did you take this program ? I am guessing it's all in person and not online

Any other schools that you know with similar programs ?

I'm competing my MA with thesis in Biostats / Sociology but am considering something more life / health science but is short as well

Thanks for the post

-

It's pretty common to not hear anything from a school at this point. And USC doesn't interview and then deny. They interview and then waitlist. You haven't been put on a waitlist because you did not interview. Hope this clears up your misunderstanding. Best of luck to you!

It's pretty common to not hear anything from a school at this point. And USC doesn't interview and then deny. They interview and then waitlist. You haven't been put on a waitlist because you did not interview. Hope this clears up your misunderstanding. Best of luck to you!
After

If status is still "under review" any idea of when we might expect see a status change?

A group of us were late appliers (January submission)

Thank you everybody for sharing your information and of course best of luck to all.

Hi Sky

I am creating backups as I await replies from Dental schools and was interested in the 1 year program you mentioned.

Did you take this program ? I am guessing it's all in person and not online

Any other schools that you know with similar programs ?

I'm competing my MA with thesis in Biostats / Sociology but am considering something more life / health science but is short as well

Thanks for the post

-

I am taking the MSP3 at USF.

I was looking for a backup plan around this time last year and found a thread here on SDN that listed different master and post-bac programs. I expanded my search and found several new ones as well. But the problem was most programs are tailored for pre-med, nothing specific for pre-den. I only wanted a program that would strengthen my app and prepare me for the science knowledge for dental school, not a specific program that focused on one field like physiology or stem cell research (these are more for premed).

I applied to several of them anyway and then narrowed my choices down to 2 that I believed would be most beneficial for pre-den: the MSP3 at USF or ABS at GMU. Both have similar courses and structures. The main difference is that USF gives you a master degree while GMU only gives a graduate certificate. So I went with the USF.

The program is very much the first 2 years of med/den schools combined into 1 year. So you get exposed to all the basic medical science classes. It's tough because it is very dense. Competition is high because everyone is on the same boat. But the school does provide you with everything you need to succeed in the program as well as to strengthen your application. Literally everything you need, they have it, well, except more parking spaces.... but you will adapt :D

Lastly, my friend here knows someone who graduated from this program in 2015 and got accepted into dental school in Kentucky. The guy didn't do very well in this program, mostly B's, some C's and A's (he showed us his grade sheet). But the program definitely prepared him well because he is doing well in dental school now, being a TA in his 2nd year. I wouldn't count on being lucky like him, getting accepted with low GPA from a mater program. But he does show how well the program prepare you for your future training in dental school.

If you are interested and want to know more about what it is like here, don't hesitate to ask.

As for your status in AADSAS website, some schools don't update your status until the end of the cycle. Most of the time, you will receive the school's decision via email first before your status is updated on AADSAS several days later.

Also, USF Bulls football team is on the rise again. They won the bowl game this year and got ranked again. So, it's a good school :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Just called them a few minutes ago to confirm about the process and stats. The class is 85% full, interviews are done and had been done a few weeks ago. Rolling admissions; we will hear for another round of acceptances this month.

Just called them a few minutes ago to confirm about the process and stats. The class is 85% full, interviews are done and had been done a few weeks ago. Rolling admissions; we will hear for another round of acceptances this month.
85% is a lot

Does anyone know if the additional letters of recommendation from current professors would be helpful? I asked USC about the additional letters and they said that I can send the letters. I just want to know if this would help me to have a better chance for acceptance.

Does anyone know if the additional letters of recommendation from current professors would be helpful? I asked USC about the additional letters and they said that I can send the letters. I just want to know if this would help me to have a better chance for acceptance.
If you feel there's other information the writer can share about you aside what has already maybe been said (about the past) then I would def send!

On march 23 someone said they told the interviewees that it's 60-70% full,how can it jump to 85 without any new acceptances?lol

On march 23 someone said they told the interviewees that it's 60-70% full,how can it jump to 85 without any new acceptances?lol
Perhaps they are accounting for the acceptances going out in a week or two. *fingers crossed

When I interviewed in early March we were told the class was a third full. So I'm pretty surprised about 85% too

They will be sending out acceptances in May and only half of their class if full. So we all need to wait till May.

I called them like many times and they told me they can't say how much the class is full
They will be sending out acceptances in May and only half of their class if full. So we all need to wait till May.
How do you know lol?

That doesn't quite make sense given that they told us that they would be admitting two rounds of 36 people each in the upcoming months. They have only 144 seats to offer and if the class were 85% full, that would mean only 21-22 positions are available. So, it must be that they included the upcoming ~36 offers in their most recent estimation. I think?

Reactions: 2 users
Wishful thinking today guys. Keep hope alive.

7686178464_fdc8ea66c7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
This is unofficial, so don't quote me on it, but I heard we can expect the next round of acceptance letters to be sent out sometimes next week.

I don't think this will be the last round either. They will probably need one more round to fill the dropped seats sometimes in June/July.

Well, fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-G930T using SDN mobile

This is unofficial, so don't quote me on it, but I heard we can expect the next round of acceptance letters to be sent out sometimes next week.

I don't think this will be the last round either. They will probably need one more round to fill the dropped seats sometimes in June/July.

Well, fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-G930T using SDN mobile

Quoted. Just kidding! Let's hope you're right!! :D

Reactions: 1 users
during my interview, it was mentioned that on May 1 they will send out 36 Acceptances.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.