***The Official Midwestern-Arizona Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intervie denied goodluck to the rest glad they give out rejections early instead of making us wait forever

Were you waitlisted last Saturday as well?

Members don't see this ad.

People who have received interviews--was your status on AADSAS changed to "invited for interview"? I received and scheduled an interview last week, but my status hasn't changed, so just wondering if that's the case for everyone else too or if I should give them a call

Members don't see this ad :)
People who have received interviews--was your status on AADSAS changed to "invited for interview"? I received and scheduled an interview last week, but my status hasn't changed, so just wondering if that's the case for everyone else too or if I should give them a call

I have an interview scheduled and have no status change in AADSAS. I would check your interview in MWU's portal. That seems to be more up to date.

Reactions: 1 user
I got invited to interview this morning and when I looked on the portal, it said no available dates at this time. Anybody else have the same issue?
Yeah that just happened to me. How soon did they add more interview dates?

I got an email this morning saying that I am on the wait list to interview.

I'm scheduled for an interview on Monday, October 16th

Last edited:
Yeah that just happened to me. How soon did they add more interview dates?
When I got my inivitation there were no dates available, but more were added I think the next day. I just kept checking throughout the day.

I got a "hold" for interview too. At this point should I ask for feedback. Or just wait it out.
And for those who got an interview, what would you say the average response time is?

3.66S 3.68O
AA21 TS21 PAT23 RC22 BIO19 GC22 OC24 QR19

Last edited:
I got a "hold" for interview too. At this point should I ask for feedback. Or just wait it out.
And for those who got an interview, what would you say the average response time is?

3.66S 3.68O
AA21 TS21 PAT23 RC22 BIO19 GC22 OC24 QR19
Definitely just wait. All of us who have got interviews so far got the waitlist email first. I was invited about a week after. You shouldn't ask for feedback unless you get denied, as far as I understand it.

First Interview

Interview Notification: 07/27

Method of notification: Checked Portal/Got email the next day

Residency: TX

AADSAS received by school: 7/21/17

GPA (overall; science): 3.74 GPA; 3.64 sGPA

DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC): 21/21/22/21

Excited to meet all you guys!!

Hi guys! Anyone interviewing Monday, October 16th?
Application completed 2 days ago and got the interview email today! (7/28/17)
The only available dates are in October, does that mean that no more spots are available in September?
I was Super surprised how fast they are!! :)

Reactions: 1 users
The only available dates are in October, does that mean that no more spots are available in September?
what were you stats if you don't mind me asking?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview. If anyone else is planning to have their interview on oct 17th and are interested in hanging out/ booking hotel together, please pm me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was recently on the waitlist for an interview and my email just said I was denied the interview. Should I bother emailing them back?

Was recently on the waitlist for an interview and my email just said I was denied the interview. Should I bother emailing them back?
It means you are rejected. You can call them and they will tell you the reason why you get rejected.

I'm interviewing on October 16th!

I got off the interview waitlist!!!! I got an email saying I was waitlisted last week and just received another email inviting me to interview. Ahhhhh! I'm excited!
Yo congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! I got the waitlist email this morning. Really hoping I can get off the waitlist as well :bow:!

Received invite today! Notified by email, App complete 7/28. 20AA,3.4 ogpa, sgpa is 3.4 but thats kind of misleading since i bombed some aviation classes in my first stint in college and apparently those count. BCP is 3.8. Approx 500 hrs volunteering and 116 shadowing. Good luck to everyone.

Anyone here interviewing September 18th? I am looking to book an AirBNB (probably going to go for a couple of days to adventure in the area prior to the interview). Any suggestions/advice for staying for the interview is appreciated!

Congrats to all of those that have received an interview thus far!

Anyone here interviewing September 18th? I am looking to book an AirBNB (probably going to go for a couple of days to adventure in the area prior to the interview). Any suggestions/advice for staying for the interview is appreciated!

Congrats to all of those that have received an interview thus far!

There's nothing to do in Glendale...lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Got waitlisted for interview. For those that were waitlisted, how long before you were off the waitlist for interview or rejection?

Haha! I've been checking my email every 30 mins and I just got the waitlist email today. This is gonna be a longgggg cycle.

Turn on e-mail alerts. Not the banners make them sticky ones that you have to dismiss. I was going crazy until I did that. This way I don't check every 5 seconds.

Interview #3

School: MW-AZ
Notification Date: 8/8
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25
Application complete date: 8/3
GPA (science, overall): 3.48, 3.52
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/22/20/23/ None below 17

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone thing I have a good shot at getting an interview?
OOS
18 AA 17 TS
Overall 3.48 w/ (+/-) and 3.53 w/o-------Science 3.35 w/ (+/-) and 3.42 w/o
Solid leadership
900+ hours of Volunteer
450+ hours of Shadowing (General Dentist, Oral Surgeon, Periodontist, Endodontist)
1000 hours of undergraduate research with 3 publications
Currently do research @ Medical School during this Gap year
Thanks guys

Does anyone thing I have a good shot at getting an interview?
OOS
18 AA 17 TS
Overall 3.48 w/ (+/-) and 3.53 w/o-------Science 3.35 w/ (+/-) and 3.42 w/o
Solid leadership
900+ hours of Volunteer
450+ hours of Shadowing (General Dentist, Oral Surgeon, Periodontist, Endodontist)
1000 hours of undergraduate research with 3 publications
Currently do research @ Medical School during this Gap year
Thanks guys
Your stats are too low. Take another DAT and try to get every section above 20.

Hard to tell. Here are the stats for 2014-2015. I think your volunteering and ec's really stand out but that 17 in ts might be an issue. Good luck.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 10.38.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 10.38.37 AM.png
    281.4 KB · Views: 115
Was everyone able to create an account for the MWU portal right after they submitted their AADSAS application? Or do I have to wait a couple of days and wait until I receive an email from the school?

Was everyone able to create an account for the MWU portal right after they submitted their AADSAS application? Or do I have to wait a couple of days and wait until I receive an email from the school?

I waited until I received the link.

I waited until I received the link, also.

Hey friends. Sad to say but I got the deny interview email :/. I received the waitlist email August 1st and received the denial August 11th. Still wanted to help out the fellow pre-dents though. I appreciate constructive criticism so feel free to let me know what needs work :). If you guys received rejection do not get give up hope!!!!! This is just one school out of the many we've applied to :] Stay strong friends. As for those still in the running, good luck and I hope you all received the good news!

REJECTION

Notification Date: 8/11
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/16
Application complete date: 7/28
GPA (science, overall): 3.31, 3.48
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 18): 20/20/25/ None below 18

Hey friends. Sad to say but I got the deny interview email :/. I received the waitlist email August 1st and received the denial August 11th. Still wanted to help out the fellow pre-dents though. I appreciate constructive criticism so feel free to let me know what needs work :). If you guys received rejection do not get give up hope!!!!! This is just one school out of the many we've applied to :] Stay strong friends. As for those still in the running, good luck and I hope you all received the good news!

REJECTION

I was wait listed july 28, and still havent heard back from them. Since its been awhile, and others have received interviews, do you think ill get the rejection letter some time soon?

I was wait listed july 28, and still havent heard back from them. Since its been awhile, and others have received interviews, do you think ill get the rejection letter some time soon?

I think it is hard to predict what they're thinking. I was waitlisted very early in July. Starting to feel like they just forgot that they waitlisted me . Most people have received interviews really soon after waitlist or denials. I guess we're in limbo. Hang in there!

Hey Guys,

People that received a hold interview for invitation what did it say?

Hey all! I received an interview invite and chose Oct 24th. I will be flying from Florida and was wondering what people usually do as far as transportation from the airport to hotels/Midwestern. Would you recommend renting a car or Uber/taxi? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

REJECTION

You should call them and ask feedback about why you didn't get an interview and how you can improve your application. Your scores seem like they should at least get you an interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.