Midwestern-Illinois Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Has anyone on the waitlist got accepted yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have heard from someone that we should call the school (if waitlisted) and ask for an update on our application. Does this seem like a good idea for Mwu? Or will it come off as annoying?

Reactions: 1 user
I have heard from someone that we should call the school (if waitlisted) and ask for an update on our application. Does this seem like a good idea for Mwu? Or will it come off as annoying?

I probably wouldn't. The waitlist last year didn't move until March

I just called them this morning bc others have told me you lose 100% of the chances you don't take. I asked about when their next wave of acceptances might take place and they just said it'll be anytime until the 1st week of classes. They also went ahead and shared my status again and had a conversation about our next steps moving forward (like updates/ lor/ etc.)

Reactions: 2 users
I just called them this morning bc others have told me you lose 100% of the chances you don't take. I asked about when their next wave of acceptances might take place and they just said it'll be anytime until the 1st week of classes. They also went ahead and shared my status again and had a conversation about our next steps moving forward (like updates/ lor/ etc.)
Who did you call?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 1/27, accepted 1/28

Congrats to those who got accepted! It seems like there is no waitlist movement for those who got waitlisted in dec :/

I just got in off of the waitlist!!!! After 3 application cycles and almost losing hope i can finally say im going to be a dentist

Reactions: 10 users
I just got in off of the waitlist!!!! After 3 application cycles and almost losing hope i can finally say im going to be a dentist
Congrats! When did you interview and when did you get placed on the waitlist

I got a call from Dr.Jaham at 1:00pm. I expect a lot of waitlist movement this year so everyone keep your hopes up

Reactions: 1 users
Just got acceptance call!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I applied in September, and even sent a LOI, but still haven’t heard back. I’m not sure what do at this point. I know someone who applied two weeks ago and got an interview a few days later. Not hearing back from them is bogging me down :/
what was his/her stats?

Congrats to everyone whose been accepted! If anyone has any interview tips or advice, it would be greatly appreciated!

Do they give interviews on a random basis or Certain times a months ?

What is the interview at Midwestern like? I have one tmw !

not bad at all. you get to meet a lot of people in the group section which is fun and different from other interviews- I would just read the SDN prep questions to prepare

Has anyone on the waitlist heard anything back recently?
I got an email from Abby saying to provide updates on my application, if any. It was like a general email to all alternate list applicants im sure. I sent a couple updates..hope it helps 🤞🏽

One 30 minute interview with 2 faculties. It really isn't bad. I felt very comfortable during mine and like the interviewers were really just trying to get to know me. No tricky questions.

Just had my interview! Was not as bad as I expected. 25-30 minute interview with 2 CDMI faculty and then a group discussion based on an ethical scenario with fellow students.

Just had my interview! Was not as bad as I expected. 25-30 minute interview with 2 CDMI faculty and then a group discussion based on an ethical scenario with fellow students.
Was this in-person or virtual?

I just withdrew my acceptance, so hopefully one of you guys on the waitlist hear back soon.

Hey! I was also at this interview. Did you hear back from the school yet?