Midwestern-Arizona Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

if anyone has interviewed could you share your experience?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
if anyone has interviewed could you share your experience?
it's everything you can expect for an in-person interview, school tour, lunch, student panel, etc. Everyone (both students and faculty) was very nice and welcoming, no need to worry

Did anybody that got rejected w/o interview, got an email with the opportunity to transfer your dental application to their pharmacy school?

Reactions: 1 user
Did anybody that got rejected w/o interview, got an email with the opportunity to transfer your dental application to their pharmacy school?
they do that every year...

Rejection #1 w/o interview

Supplemental completed
: not sure when
Waitlisted for interview: 7/30
Rejection notification date: 10/4
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/21
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.3; overall: 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19AA, 18TS, 18PAT, 22 RC None

Completed the interview today. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. Campus tour and student panel were first. I really enjoyed the experience

Has anyone gotten an interview after being on the waitlist for an interview?

Interview #3
School: MWU-AZ
Notification date: September
AADSAS mail-out date: end of august
Application complete date: end of august
GPA (science, overall): 3.65, 3.75
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21, 19, 19, 26, No
Dates available: 2/2
Method of interview: in-person

Rejection #1 w/o interview

Supplemental completed
: not sure when
Waitlisted for interview: 7/30
Rejection notification date: 10/4
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/21
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.3; overall: 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19AA, 18TS, 18PAT, 22 RC None
What was the gist of the rejection email? I received the Waitlist For Interview email on 7/9 and its been radio silence ever since.

What was the gist of the rejection email? I received the Waitlist For Interview email on 7/9 and its been radio silence ever since.
“Thank you for your application to Midwestern University's College of Dental Medicine - Arizona. We have recently completed a very detailed and holistic review of your application and it is obvious that you put a great deal of time and effort into completing your file. While it reflects many of your strengths, we regret to inform you the Admissions Committee will be unable to extend you an interview offer this cycle.”

Subject of email is “MWU AZ College of Dental Medicine Deny Interview”

Could be likely that they want to interview you post-December

Members don't see this ad :)
“Thank you for your application to Midwestern University's College of Dental Medicine - Arizona. We have recently completed a very detailed and holistic review of your application and it is obvious that you put a great deal of time and effort into completing your file. While it reflects many of your strengths, we regret to inform you the Admissions Committee will be unable to extend you an interview offer this cycle.”

Subject of email is “MWU AZ College of Dental Medicine Deny Interview”

Could be likely that they want to interview you post-December
Thank you for sharing this, I'd definitely be excited about a post-December interview, I thought AZ was out of the cards for me, ASDOH flat out rejected me 3 days after I applied.

Has anyone received a recommendation to apply for their 3-year pharmacy program? I did, and I don't know if it is highly likely to get an interview.

Has anyone received a recommendation to apply for their 3-year pharmacy program? I did, and I don't know if it is highly likely to get an interview.
I did, they sent it two times already. I heard that they do that every year. I was rejected w/o interview prior to that email.

I guess not, but I’m hoping not being taken off of it yet is a good sign. I have a 3.7 GPA and a 22AA 23TS, OOS. hbu?
3.4 ogpa, 3.54 sgpa 20 AA 23 TS 20 PAT. i guess smh it's crazy because this is my safe school lol

3.4 ogpa, 3.54 sgpa 20 AA 23 TS 20 PAT. i guess smh it's crazy because this is my safe school lol
I have 3.83 overall gpa, 3.71 science gpa , 21AA and 21 science. I wonder if anyone with similar stats got an interview or if geographical region plays a role

I have 3.83 overall gpa, 3.71 science gpa , 21AA and 21 science. I wonder if anyone with similar stats got an interview or if geographical region plays a role
I have a feeling it had to do with the time I applied, which wasn’t the earliest. It looks like they were sending out ii in July which is really early I feel

Does anyone know if Midwestern has cutoffs for the DAT?
I can’t find if they have cutoffs on their website but they do state this:

“Submit competitive scores on the Dental Aptitude Test (DAT). Scores in the area of 20 or higher are desired for the Academic Average, Reading Comprehension, and Perceptual Ability sections.”

So I would probably try to aim for 20s all around on the DAT if you can to make yourself competitive. The average DAT of matriculants nationwide is ~20-21 so anything higher is even better. Hope this helps!

Side note: most schools will have soft cutoffs around 17 for subsections. Anything lower could possibly hurt your application even if they don’t directly state they have cutoffs.

That's what im thinking because i am from east coast idk

if we already have an interview scheduled are we allowed to cancel and choose another date? Or does doing this risk not being able to schedule a new interview?
yea you are allowed. if you press cancel it gives you 2 options withdraw application or cancel interview. if you press cancel interview it gives you the option to pick another date.

That's what im thinking because i am from east coast idk
Got an interview invite earlier in august and I’m from the east coast. My stats aren’t really that great, so I think you still have a chance!

I checked their portal and an "accepted student checklist" appeared that allows me to make a deposit. However, I have not received an email or anything notifying me of an acceptance. How do I interpret this?

I checked their portal and an "accepted student checklist" appeared that allows me to make a deposit. However, I have not received an email or anything notifying me of an acceptance. How do I interpret this?
That’s what happened to me and then about 2 hours later I got the email. Congrats!

Same! Waiting for an email

Is there a group me or a FB group for the class of 2027?

I have decided to not accept a seat, as I have been accepted and now committed to OHSU (way cheaper for me). Good luck to everyone 👍

yes, there is. You will find it on the dental school admission Bootcamp fb page