***The Official Midwestern-Arizona Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a reference, I was verified June 26th and was emailed the supplemental app the same day. My file is now "Under Review" according to the AADSAS

Just a reference, I was verified June 26th and was emailed the supplemental app the same day. My file is now "Under Review" according to the AADSAS

Same here. I was verified the 26th, received supplemental the same day. Just submitted my supplemental today. I know last year they were quick to respond, I'm curious to see if they are on the same timeline this year.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Have you taken the DAT yet?

Same here. I was verified the 26th, received supplemental the same day. Just submitted my supplemental today. I know last year they were quick to respond, I'm curious to see if they are on the same timeline this year.
I submitted my supplemental and paid the $50 fee 6/23. Just saw on the online portal that I was invited to interview!!!

Reactions: 5 users
I submitted my supplemental and paid the $50 fee 6/23. Just saw on the online portal that I was invited to interview!!!

Congrats!!! What's the first interview date??

Congrats!!! What's the first interview date??
Thanks! :) they offered me a choice between four dates: 9/5, 9/7, 9/11, and 9/12... still unsure which one I'm gonna choose since they all involve missing a day of class haha

Congrats! Do you mind me asking what your stats are?

On the portal, have your letter of recs been uploaded/processed yet or does it say "expected" ?

On the portal, have your letter of recs been uploaded/processed yet or does it say "expected" ?
When i go to the applicant checklist on my portal, it says recommendation letters were "received" on 6/22 and there's a green checkmark

When i go to the applicant checklist on my portal, it says recommendation letters were "received" on 6/22 and there's a green checkmark
Congrats on first interview by the way! If i may ask, when did you submit you primary app for MWU, when were your grades verified, and when did you get the supplemental email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on first interview by the way! If i may ask, when did you submit you primary app for MWU, when were your grades verified, and when did you get the supplemental email?
Thanks I'm really excited the hard work is starting to pay off! Some of you might have gotten interview invites, just check the "interview scheduling" link under admissions on the portal. I still haven't gotten any other method of notification for an interview.
Primary app was submitted 6/6, grades verified 6/21, supplemental received via email 6/22

Reactions: 1 users
Did you get an email or you checked on the portal? Also, when were you verified and when did you submit supplemental?
I got an email. I was verified 6/22 and submitted supplemental like 6/11-ish

Edit: Supp was actually submitted later in June I believe

Last edited:
Waitlisted for an interview. Congrats to those who have gotten interviews!
Do you mind me asking what your stats are? I believe in previous years if you call the admissions office they will tell you the strengths/weaknesses of your application after it has been reviewed.

Do you mind me asking what your stats are? I believe in previous years if you call the admissions office they will tell you the strengths/weaknesses of your application after it has been reviewed.
3.2 something sGPA
23AA/24TS
regular ECs and shadowing
It was most likely my GPA. I think they put a good amount of weight on GPA. But thanks, I'll call. Would def like to know myself.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else receive an email from MWU saying there application was complete and will contact you once a decision has been made? I thought people were getting updates/notifications through the portal, not through email?

3.2 something sGPA
23AA/24TS
regular ECs and shadowing
It was most likely my GPA. I think they put a good amount of weight on GPA. But thanks, I'll call. Would def like to know myself.
With your DAT scores I'd think it should help your GPA, which isn't even bad. Definitely call

Anyone else receive an email from MWU saying there application was complete and will contact you once a decision has been made? I thought people were getting updates/notifications through the portal, not through email?
Only email I got was the supplemental email. But if i recall correctly people from last year got emails and/or portal notification- a bit different for some

I got an email. I was verified 6/22 and submitted supplemental like 6/11-ish

Edit: Supp was actually submitted later in June I believe

Prior to the waitlist interview email, did you receive an email confirming your supplemental and application were complete or under review? Or was that the only email you received from MWU after submitting the supplemental app?

Prior to the waitlist interview email, did you receive an email confirming your supplemental and application were complete or under review? Or was that the only email you received from MWU after submitting the supplemental app?
The only other email I got before the waitlist was an email saying that they received my AADSAS app and that I met the minimum requirements for admissions so my app was moving to the next phase of admissions. If you check your MWU portal though you should be able to see that your supp has the status of "complete" if you already submitted it.

The only other email I got before the waitlist was an email saying that they received my AADSAS app and that I met the minimum requirements for admissions so my app was moving to the next phase of admissions. If you check your MWU portal though you should be able to see that your supp has the status of "complete" if you already submitted it.

What does this waitlist interview imply? Does it mean the people who got waitlisted for interview now won't hear back from the school for a long time?

What does this waitlist interview imply? Does it mean the people who got waitlisted for interview now won't hear back from the school for a long time?
From what I've read on last year's thread, it looks like the chances of getting an interview off of the waitlist are slim to none. Some people even got actual rejections weeks later, so I wouldn't get my hopes up if you got/get one as well. But there may still be chance for an interview. Stay positive though, this is only one school out of all the others you're applying to!

You could read lasts years thread, people discuss it more in detail and talk about their experience being waitlisted for an interview. To my understanding, your in the pool of potentials and if a slot arises then then they may extend an interview. However, I believe last year most people who were waitlisted for an interview heard back a couple weeks later notifying them of a status change.

From what I've read on last year's thread, it looks like the chances of getting an interview off of the waitlist are slim to none. Some people even got actual rejections weeks later, so I wouldn't get my hopes up if you got/get one as well. But there may still be chance for an interview. Stay positive though, this is only one school out of all the others you're applying to!

:eek::eek: I'm considering applying here, but man hearing this is kinda scary haha. It's like you already know you probably blew a couple of hundred bucks right away.....

:eek::eek: I'm considering applying here, but man hearing this is kinda scary haha. It's like you already know you probably blew a couple of hundred bucks right away.....
Your chances of getting an interview if you don't apply at all are 0%. I don't think it's wasted money. All you can do is try and hope for the best.

Reactions: 3 users
just found out through email that I was invited to interview! (ahhh i'm so excited!!) best of luck to everyone!

Do you need to have your bachelors already to apply for Midwestern? Or just by the time you're matriculated?

For those that got back from MWU already, how long did it take for your letters of rec to be uploaded in their portal?

For those that got back from MWU already, how long did it take for your letters of rec to be uploaded in their portal?
Pretty fast. Got my last letter in AADSAS this past Wednesday at 6am. Got an email about waitlisted for an interview this Saturday morning at 1am.

just found out through email that I was invited to interview! (ahhh i'm so excited!!) best of luck to everyone!
What were your stats if you don't mind me asking

Got an invite to interview through email early this morning!!! So excited! MWU is my first choice! I was born and raised in Glendale, AZ so I can attest it's an amazing school in a great location.

I already heard back from them even though my letters of rec have not yet been uploaded to their portal, although AADSAS does have all of my letters.

I think mine were uploaded to the MWU portal the same day if not the next day after AADSAS had recieved them. Also, 3 of my 4 letters were already submitted to AADSAS when my application had been verified.

I heard back that I got an interview just 4 days after my application was complete. They move crazy fast!

I submitted my AADSAS June 1st and supplemental 6/26 and everything was complete and received, besides the supplemental 6/21. Anyone else not here back yet?

Any one on here interviewing Sept 7?

For those of you who were waitlisted for an interview I wouldn't say it's a definitive rejection! My best friend was waitlisted for an interview in November last year, received an interview invite in January and will be attending this upcoming fall! So there's still hope :)

Reactions: 4 users
I submitted my AADSAS June 1st and supplemental 6/26 and everything was complete and received, besides the supplemental 6/21. Anyone else not here back yet?
Same boat as you. At first i thought it was due to my letters not being uploaded to te MWU portal but some already heard back

I submitted the supplemental 6/28 and haven't heard anything. Not sure if this is bad news...

My DAT and Transcript have not been verified yet does this mean that they'll only look at my app and send me the supp once everything is verified for review?

My DAT and Transcript have not been verified yet does this mean that they'll only look at my app and send me the supp once everything is verified for review?
Yes you need to be verified first.

To everyone who submitted the supplemental application,

Were the supplemental questions same as last year's? Thank you!!

I got off the interview waitlist!!!! I got an email saying I was waitlisted last week and just received another email inviting me to interview. Ahhhhh! I'm excited!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Status
Not open for further replies.