The Lion King WW Signups and Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm repeating some things I have already posted on this thread. I'll try to keep it short in response to some of the posts of last night (e.g., Snowy, Deva, KC, DVMD, etc.).

1. I’ve been trying to find other villagers to trust in this game because I believe that trust (versus paranoia) is useful to find wolves. This has been one of the hardest things for me to do because everyone seems to sound sketchy at one time or another in these games.

2. I have not been making excuses about “real life” or “real time” or whatever. Of course, I don't need to go back and name players because we can all read the posts in this game.

3. I have not been lurking out-of-sight, or mute.

4. Some people haven't posted lynch votes on time even though we all know what time the lynch vote ends. Seems sketchy to me because anyone can post a contingent lynch vote.

5. My posts have not been fluffy; and I’ve been making efforts to engage in discussion and contribute to this game. I’ve also been trying to think for myself as much as I can - and as hard as it can be to do in these games.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
This night was much busier than the last! Some animals slept with one eye open. Apparently someone was hungry because upon the sunrise they found a half eaten carcass. @LetItSnow body ended up scattered with teeth marks on the bones.

Dead is LeTitsNow, Wildebeest, a VILLAGER who could avoid any night actions the night after anyone spooked him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I'm behind, but trying to get caught up this morning...I have to work this AM and then have an exit interview for my college so I probably won't be on again until this evening. Fair warning.

Honestly, the whole NSFW lynch still sits weird with me and I feel like there might be good info in there...had
DVMD, LIS, lyra, Jilary, and kata never played with him? He was totally like that in the beginning in other games he played so I found it weird that people thought this was overly wolfy behavior?

Thoughts on Lyra- Her character claim is a main character from LK2, and said at a time where at least a number of us were only expecting movie I inclusions. I feel like this would be pretty risky claim from a wolf. Where are others at here?

My inclination originally would be that maybe Lupin is telling some wolf truth truth here and this is less of a soft vouch?

Lupin is onto something, I'll say that much.

But then this post from lyra just came off strange to me...

I'm feeling better about Snowy, she tried to keep discussion going after Lupes was outed and has been questioning players

I'd like to hear more from 3m and cheat. 3m I can usually read well but she seems to have mostly jokes and not too much substance at this point so not much to go off. Cheat disappeared before lynch close yesterday and hasn't reappeared yet. Question for you both, who do you have leaning wolf?

Lyra, Zen, originally I thought less so, but maybe Snowy too...everyone who voted for NSFW

Home and had a nap!

I like playing with Lupes so I am bummed she is out so early and bummed that I didn't get to lynch her as wolf.

I know she's insanely busy with a new baby but the wording of this post is what made me :eyebrow:

I'm repeating some things I have already posted on this thread. I'll try to keep it short in response to some of the posts of last night (e.g., Snowy, Deva, KC, DVMD, etc.).

1. I’ve been trying to find other villagers to trust in this game because I believe that trust (versus paranoia) is useful to find wolves. This has been one of the hardest things for me to do because everyone seems to sound sketchy at one time or another in these games.

2. I have not been making excuses about “real life” or “real time” or whatever. Of course, I don't need to go back and name players because we can all read the posts in this game.

3. I have not been lurking out-of-sight, or mute.

4. Some people haven't posted lynch votes on time even though we all know what time the lynch vote ends. Seems sketchy to me because anyone can post a contingent lynch vote.

5. My posts have not been fluffy; and I’ve been making efforts to engage in discussion and contribute to this game. I’ve also been trying to think for myself as much as I can - and as hard as it can be to do in these games.

Also Dr S keeps bringing up wanting to find people to trust, which is standing out to me. Don't know if it's relevant or just her posting style...

Reactions: 2 users
I have explained every little detail of that 3m comment and I literally don't know what else to say about it... Look at the rest of my posts/play and ask me about those if you are questioning me.

I wasn't emphasizing everyone questioning your play style. You made a comment that was about how could you be accused of not posting content when you were posting a lot and I pointed out why that would be a possible conclusion from your posts. I don't think your play is different then past games and you aren't in my wolf leans right now. I thought it may be helpful because you are doing a good job at actively improving your game play each game.

Writing "I see what people are meaning" does look like your referring to more than just Lyra. But yeah, I do prefer feedback as opposed to being given no real reason for appearing sketchy.

Lyra says Lupin is onto something by speculating about her vanillager-ness... so wolves have speculated but Lyra wasn't a target overnight? Curiouser and curiouser, unless they just planned to get her lynched today.
I suppose I'll put it out there that I was protected N1. Obviously the wolves haven't tried to kill me, but considering some people are still sketched out by me they're probably hoping I'll get lynched soon.

Honestly, the whole NSFW lynch still sits weird with me and I feel like there might be good info in there...had
DVMD, LIS, lyra, Jilary, and kata never played with him? He was totally like that in the beginning in other games he played so I found it weird that people thought this was overly wolfy behavior?
I have played with him and didn't really think it was wolfy, it was literally just for self-preservation. The other people that were in second compared to me were Dr. S and Snowy, but I wasn't getting wolfy feels for either of them and can't say I'm sad to have lynched a villager that tends to play more chaos as opposed to a helpful villager.

I'll look over things a little more and give reads during lunch, I'm in classes right now.

LIS, I may be reading too much into this but my brain is tired and this stood out to me upon quick re-read as needing clarification. How exactly did you send the wolves a great meme?

I'm glad LIS quoted this last night as I missed it on my read through.

Given that I found LIS to be an odd kill choice plus this I'm going to

Lynch SAR

I'll be back at lunch time but I'm the only vet working today so we'll see how things work out.

ISOing posts between classes. So far, these are a few that piqued my interest.

Kata - is coming off a little sketch to me (the post frequency is normal for her, but I'm trying not to give that meta kind of stuff excessive weight..). She did switch off NSFW for Lyra. Has made some short mechanic-fluff posts (including wondering whether TLK 1.5 characters would be in this game, which i think some interpreted as role-hunting)

SARdog - hasn't really been on much. She participated in our "young and old chars" discussion. A lot of her recent posts are non-game-related fluff, an apology for being busy--and then that post asking how LIS sent a meme. I guess the last thing could maybe be chalked up to inexperience, but the amount of fluff-posts makes me think of trying-to-stay-under-radar potential. I may end up going this way today, still looking at posts.

Hmoo - I realize we're all busy, but sporadic posts have been mostly thin on substance (fluff posts after the NSFW lynch, non-game-related things, "Wz feels", briefly joined the whole Lyra conversation in her defense). I could see playing the helpful wolf--Hasn't gotten on since the Lupes lynch, so not much else to go off of yet.

I'm gonna go ahead and leave a vote up for now in case I'm MIA tonight, but I'll keep checking sporadically.

lynch SAR

Also Dr S keeps bringing up wanting to find people to trust, which is standing out to me. Don't know if it's relevant or just her posting style...
I don’t see why that is standing out to you as weird.

Yesterday, I told everyone I wanted to trust LIS because I thought he was “village."

This morning, we learned LIS was village.

Putting SAR under neutral-slight wolf/watch list for interactions with Lupin. Lupin called out SAR in a group of newer players (mentioned with Cheat and NSFW). We know NSFW was village, I'm leaning village on Cheat, and so that leaves SAR as a little bit of a question mark for me.

Pippy we seem to be echoing each other a fair bit and it's weirding me out. I think I said something similar to the above (although maybe not as direct) earlier. I don't know if we're just on the same wavelength this game or what.

Lynch SAR

To put more pressure. Lupin called her out and I'd like to hear more from her now her finals are done.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mild wolf lean on Jil. She's had some strange timing and justification on her votes. I can't tell if it's stress/busy or wolfy, but am leaning a little more towards wolfy.
Some strange timing and justification for my votes? I voted for cheat D1, totally at random, because I knew I wouldn't have time to be on, changed it to NSFW because it was minutes before deadline and there was a tie, which I'm known to hate, and I had reason to believe Lyra was a villager.

D2 the lupin info had come out by the time I checked in, and I spent the remainder studying in hopes of not failing a class that I had an exam for today.

So, from my perspective that seems like pretty legit justification and timing.

P.S. To you know who - Sorry for the boring night last night. No I didn't forget anything, what you saw was all there was to see. :)

FWIW ... I recall Lyra revealed her role name and said she is Kiara.

Although I don't know who "Kiara" is supposed to be in Lion King, no one has challenged Lyra and accused her of lying about being Kiara. So, right now, I'm leaning village for Lyra unless something sketchy pops up about her.
I think it's weird people are pushing for her to reveal an ability IF she has one, which could make her a wolf target... it frankly doesn't matter if she's a vanillager or not. I'm convinced she's not a wolf because if kovu wasn't, there's no way she would be.

Also, don't forget that this is a new mod game, so things might not be the most consistent ever (no offense mods, I love the ideas and game so far)!
I'm wondering if @hazelmoo has any more thoughts to help us out?

Official but quick lunchtime tally:

SAR (3) - DVMD, Deva, Kara

Votes: 3/21
Waffles: 0 (RIP LIS)

Approximately 9 hours remaining.

Reactions: 1 users
10. Kara and WZ both mention BBC coming up for the name for the Watering Hole. Kara also posits the theory that wolves get extra kills for non-animal roles (after being on my sketchdar for being on the look out for non-animal roles previously, this is pushing her further into wolf-territory for me, yes I know I mentioned the same conclusion earlier, but being the first to come up with the theory feels more wolfish to me).
12. Yet another mention of potential extra wolf kills from Karab. I can't tell at this point if I'm just seeing unicorns because it's late and I want to see them or if it's because there's actually something there. I found myself agreeing with some of her posts today but on reread I'm seeing them in a different light.

I guess I thought that wasn't a super sketchy theory for kara. That is what happened in the noob game to make two kills a night, so it didn't seem too odd. I have agreed with other of her posts as well she seems to be asking good questions and posting good analysis, so I'm not too worried at this point.

Dead is LeTitsNow, Wildebeest, a VILLAGER who could avoid any night actions the night after anyone spooked him.

Wildebeest I would say is a minor character of TLK. If we include minor characters + resources + main characters, I am wondering if some of the main main characters: Simba, pumba, timon, mufasa etc have been given to the wolves for cover roles. Also due to the fact the abilities are fitting with the character role and not random.

8. Lyra says Lupin is onto something by speculating about her vanillager-ness... so wolves have speculated but Lyra wasn't a target overnight? Curiouser and curiouser, unless they just planned to get her lynched today.
11. Interesting discussion around Lyra/Lupin interactions. Lyra makes twinge-worthy comment about "good job seer!" which feels wolfy-fake.

I suppose I'll put it out there that I was protected N1. Obviously the wolves haven't tried to kill me, but considering some people are still sketched out by me they're probably hoping I'll get lynched soon.

So the lyra/lupin back and forth seems odd and a few other people have thought it sounded like a possible wolf/wolf interaction. It would make sense if the wolves wanted to throw protection on her so she could lynch whoever and not be investigated, especially since they didn't try to kill her last night. I haven't seen LK2, so who is more of a main character kovu or kiara? Because my theory above about main characters = cover roles would make sense in that case. Or I guess, it would probably make the most sense to give random cover roles from the minor characters, main characters, and resources so it would be hard to tell automatically who is wolf by just their role. I am leaning to a lyra vote today.

Fitting in with above about Fern being an odd kill. Not happy because it requires the wolves deducing that there's non-animal roles in the game themed entirely about talking animals in a human-less wilderness. Maybe one of the non-animals is a wolf (Elephant Graveyard)?

That's another explanation for how wolves would know that non-animal roles exist. I'll also be really surprised if there's more than one or two more (Pride Rock and Elephant Graveyard, maybe?) just because there's so many animal roles to choose from.

Even if I knew resources were roles, I don't know if I would have considered these resources as much as places/locations. So it would make sense if wolves were specifically looking for these resources, that they would guess watering hole was a "resource" ironic of BBC only if they had a detailed explanation of what they were looking for in their role or if there was a resource in the wolf team.

That being said, most of this post is game mechanics speculation and I know you said yesterday sucked for reading anyone, but there is D1, last night, and today so far now. I am curious Zen, who your top say 3 wolves are and why?

I think the SAR vote is in the wrong direction and strongly encourage people voting that way to look at other candidates.

Right now I'm going for

Lynch Snowy

Their posts have make me raise an eyebrow a few too many times and the theory that there are no main character roles at all in the game sounds more like fishing for people to deny that theory (implying that they have one of the main character roles) so wolves can hunt out power roles than anything else.

Writing "I see what people are meaning" does look like your referring to more than just Lyra. But yeah, I do prefer feedback as opposed to being given no real reason for appearing sketchy.

I thought someone else besides lyra had said something, but I could just have been remembering wrong.

Their posts have make me raise an eyebrow a few too many times and the theory that there are no main character roles at all in the game sounds more like fishing for people to deny that theory (implying that they have one of the main character roles) so wolves can hunt out power roles than anything else.

Whoops totally not my intent. I actually convinced myself while writing that post that its probably more likely for cover roles to be a random variety of resources/minor/major characters. Just trying to sort through my feels and thoughts about lyra and whether I think she is just a sketchy villager or a wolf.

Lyra makes twinge-worthy comment about "good job seer!" which feels wolfy-fake.
I forgot to comment on this earlier, that was a genuine comment since I've only seen a seer catch a wolf maybe 2 or 3 times since I've started playing, so for it to happen on N1 was extra lucky. I have a history of just voicing whatever I'm thinking and accidentally sounding sketchy, look at what happened to me in the vet clinic game. :oops:

I think the SAR vote is in the wrong direction and strongly encourage people voting that way to look at other candidates.
Do you have solid evidence or just feels? Not asking you to reveal what you know, just a simple yes or no if you know something will do.

Hm. I'll take one of my other picks then.

*******unlynch SAR*******

*******lynch hmoo********

Lynch SAR

I'll be back at lunch time but I'm the only vet working today so we'll see how things work out.

I mean I think its a weird comment by SAR, but I'm not really getting why it would lead to LIS's death.

Actually I thought LIS was an odd kill, but you are one of the people that if you were a wolf it might make sense. I've been going back and forth on your play and I feel like something is different then normal, but I can't put my finger on it so I'm not quite ready to lynch you. But this reasoning is definitely making me side-eye you more.

Well if anyone is curious, here are my thoughts so far on people:

Wolf lean:
Deva - lots of mechanics talk and not much else, but today's iso posts have me not as confident.
MJ - Only time was engaging in discussion was with Lupin and seemed to be role-searching. But because deva was also involved in that discussion, I feel like if one of Deva/MJ is a wolf the other one is probably village.
Lyra - has had sketchy interactions with lupin and odd sketch comments. Though early D1 before her role reveal I had her as probably village and I feel like I am not at the point where I am tunneling her. I feel like she will be the egg I want broken all game.
Dvmd - Can't pinpoint much besides her posts are giving me a different feel then normal.

Neutral:

DrS - Though she is beginning to seem village all the "you can trust me I'm village, not a wolf" type posts are odd.
LoTF - I don't have a good read either way
Trilt - Back and forth based on her posts. But probably leaning more village, though I'm probably going to have trouble trusting her for a long time no matter how nice and village-y she comes off ;)
3m - Some weird posts, some normal posts. I liked her analysis today. I didn't like her Zen vote based on always wolf. She hasn't been on as much as normal it seems, but she did warn us so she is still neutral.
kc - Her analysis last night was detailed and I think it probably leans her village. But I know she did do long character analysis as a wolf too. I think she is someone I am just usually sketched by.
Zen - Also lots of mechanics talk and not much talking to people or questioning them. But playing way different then her wolf self (could be a change in how she wolfs though).
Pippy - I agree with a lot of her analysis, but she's not being very aggressive this game and is liking posts, but not responding to things as much as I remember she does usually.

Edit: Everyone else has a slight village lean for various reasons I can explain later if you want me too.

Some general thoughts on people:

cheat- made a few posts D1 including a slightly odd out-of-the-blue defensive comment, but she did the same thing last game and was a villager. Would still like to hear more from her, yesterday she expressed some vague feels for Pippy but hasn't really said much about anyone else. Could just be a noob with life stuff going on (I know trying to play while sick sucks), but her comment about not really having feels for anyone yet didn't quite sit right with me. Again, could just be a noob not used to looking for sketchiness, could be a wolf trying to avoid taking a stance on anyone.

SAR- has been pretty absent, just popped in last night to comment on her new avatar and question LIS. The timing of LIS ending up dead does look pretty sketchy, but I'm willing to accept vmh's vouch and hope that SAR will start contributing more now that she's done with finals.

DocS- lots of word vomit from her in the wee hours of this morning. She always comes off a bit sketch to me, but she hasn't been a wolf in a full-length game so I'm not sure how she would act. She seems a little overly defensive considering nobody contingency voted for her or (IIRC) even said they were going to vote for her today, and I'd like some updated reads/top suspicions from her rather than just vague shade thrown at "some players" who are flying under the radar. She had Lupin as leaning village, which is a little weird but may not mean anything.

kata- like last game, she hasn't been around a whole lot. Almost missed lynch close D1 and contributed to the mess of waffles there, and yesterday she just popped into vote for Lupin. Her question if Lion King 1 1/2 characters are included could have been fishing for roles. She's posting more than last game at least, but still kind of flying under the radar. I know she did the same thing last game and was a villager, but it would be really easy to do the same thing again as a wolf and fall back on it being the same as her recent villager play. I haven't played with her before last game, so I don't know what her typical play is like beyond that.

Zensing- isn't being nearly as aggressive as she was last game as a wolf, but it could be a deliberate attempt to switch up her play since she was lynched pretty quickly for that last time. Her early comment "This sounds like a conversion game/wolves RNGed to roles :(" based on the writeup didn't make much sense, and seems to have been proven incorrect considering Lupin was a hyena. Could have been a wolf trying to fish for roles or throw the village off track.

Everyone else is reading pretty neutral to village to me so far, I'm still considering where to place my vote and would like to hear more discussion first since there wasn't much yesterday.

FWIW ... I recall Lyra revealed her role name and said she is Kiara.

Although I don't know who "Kiara" is supposed to be in Lion King, no one has challenged Lyra and accused her of lying about being Kiara. So, right now, I'm leaning village for Lyra unless something sketchy pops up about her.
I'm wondering if @hazelmoo has any more thoughts to help us out?

Sorry, been a crazy 24 hours! I still think we need to stay away from lynching Lyra. I don't think she's a wolf and we should be looking elsewhere. I am getting feels from WZ and dev... not sure why the SAR thing happened. Just because they asked a question about LIS?

I should have seen this coming. Knowing that people always think I'm sketch early on I probably shouldn't have signed up for a game where I wouldn't be around basically at all the first 2 days. Add to that the fact that I think I am genuinely terrible at this game and I know it doesn't look good. I'm still terrible at picking up subtleties that other people seem to notice instantly, but I am trying to improve my game. But, such is WW haha

That said, I acknowledge why some people might want to vote for me based on that. I am going to try to be more involved now that exams are done. I am around somewhat more today but I am going riding, so I will be around for a bit now and then again close to lynch close.

As for current thoughts:

I agree with staying away from lynching Lyra. I am comfortable with the role claim for now and some of the strange things mentioned on thread seem much more villager trying not to get lynched than wolf not trying to be found out to me. I also haven't noticed anything else setting off my sketch meter in the past 2 days.

Also feeling pretty village on DrS. Seems to be contributing normally for her - at least in comparison to her speed wolf game. I think a lot of people like looking there for a lynch just because of the odd way she sometimes phrases things but I'm inclined to let that lie for now.

Lynch SAR

This reasoning really, really sketches me out. Yes, I am still somewhat new at this game but wouldn't it be the stupidest wolf move ever for me to literally be the only questioning LIS and then kill them? Especially after Lupin threw shade at me. As an experienced player, I feel like this comment was either just trying to see how I respond (I hope), or is suuuper sketch to me. Also, I still don't understand why my question was being mocked? I was just looking for clarification on how LIS had shared a gif with the wolves. Was this on some other thread once Lupin was revealed? Some PM that allowed LIS access to wolves? I did mention that I was probably barking up the wrong tree, but I never got any real answer either. Yes, LIS was village so it doesn't really matter but everyone was complaining that we got no discussion yesterday. So I picked out something that sounded odd to me (regardless that it apparently didn't sound odd to anyone else) to start discussion. You can't have it both ways.

Wildebeest I would say is a minor character of TLK. If we include minor characters + resources + main characters, I am wondering if some of the main main characters: Simba, pumba, timon, mufasa etc have been given to the wolves for cover roles. Also due to the fact the abilities are fitting with the character role and not random.

So the lyra/lupin back and forth seems odd and a few other people have thought it sounded like a possible wolf/wolf interaction. It would make sense if the wolves wanted to throw protection on her so she could lynch whoever and not be investigated, especially since they didn't try to kill her last night. I haven't seen LK2, so who is more of a main character kovu or kiara? Because my theory above about main characters = cover roles would make sense in that case. Or I guess, it would probably make the most sense to give random cover roles from the minor characters, main characters, and resources so it would be hard to tell automatically who is wolf by just their role. I am leaning to a lyra vote today.

I am also super sketched by this comment. To me it sounds like a possible wolf trying to make villager role claims less believable by throwing into question alliance of major characters. I do not believe, especially given that our one revealed wolf was Bansai (or however you spell it?) that major protagonist roles would be wolves and the fact you are bringing it up is giving me serious side eye right now. I see no reason not to suspect our major wolves are probably the 3 hyenas plus Scar at the very least. Either way, unhelpful comment about game mechanics and I disagree completely with leaning towards Lyra.

I'm going to cast a contingency vote right now and Lynch Snowy

Just in case horse riding goes too long and I don't make it back before lynch close.

Pippy we seem to be echoing each other a fair bit and it's weirding me out. I think I said something similar to the above (although maybe not as direct) earlier. I don't know if we're just on the same wavelength this game or what.
I'm not sure that's true. I moved you to village lean based on your comments yesterday because you were initiating discussion after the Lupin lynch, which I appreciated. But aside from the one comment you're referencing (the one about newbie players getting pushed by Lupin), I don't personally see a ton of overlap. Case in point: this post haha

I don’t see why that is standing out to you as weird.

Yesterday, I told everyone I wanted to trust LIS because I thought he was “village."

This morning, we learned LIS was village.
Point of order - Trusted people make good wolf kills. "Looking for people to trust" is easily construed as "looking for whom other people trust". Most of us are looking for people we don't trust.

Reactions: 2 users
So, I had been planning to move towards a SAR vote today based on her interactions with Lupin because I thought they might have been fabricating shade. But I have VMH as leaning slight village, and Dr. S, Deva, and DVMD all in neutral/some sketchiness territory, and that post that SAR just made does not in any way, shape, or form sound like wolfy SAR, so I'm ok with holding off there for now.

Lynch Snowy

She started off as leaning wolf for me and moved heavier wolf based on her weird 180s around the NSFW/lyra lynch waffles. She's started to bring herself back up towards village in my head based on some of her more recent comments, but I'm not sold and I would like to see how she responds to some increased pressure.

Hm. I'll take one of my other picks then.

*******unlynch SAR*******

*******lynch hmoo********
If hazelmoo is one of your other picks, I'm wondering if there is something we're missing about hazelmoo? Care to say more to help us out?

Some updated thoughts based on today:

Argh. Torn now whether I stay on cheat for not coming back, Sar for posting unoriginal thought as excuse for vote, or the rule breaker.
I don't mind Snowy's replies to my questions. DocS I agree is also not setting of flags. Feeling like the lack of response from Lyra means a villager is going down. Don't have a good place to go necessarily unless something shifts for a Chinese Fire Drill in these last moments.
SAR, Snowy, Dr. S, and Lyra are all moving towards egg-breaking territory for me. This would have been a lot of villagers for Lupin to call out. If SAR is in fact village, I'm particularly side-eyeing the ones who got a soft vouch in that second post.

Lupin (love you Lupes, sorry) isn't even CLOSE to leaning village to me. She's wayyyyyyy too savvy for me to give a village read yet just because she's challenged a few players.
This was in response to Dr. S. I agree that it was weird to have Lupin as village.
After Lupin's lynch, I've moved Trilt to leaning village at this time.

[Like I said in my other post above this one, I'm trying to find players I can begin to trust in this game ... maybe.]

On more than one occasion, Trilt seemed seriously frustrated that people aren't discussing things in this game. She has also posted comments that are substantive and thoughtful. So has LIS. Right now I'm trusting LIS in this game even though he has said in the past that he has played as a villager by mistake because he forgets that he is a wolf. So I hope I'm not being fooled by LIS; right now I think he is a villager in this game. Plus, I agree: we didn't take time to glean more information about potential sketchy stuff before Lupin was lynched although kcoughli said that she chose to report Lupin as a wolf earlier today due to her work schedule. I get it. I'm still wary about this whole game anyway.
There's just a lot of contradictions in logic in Dr. S's posts this game. I don't like the inconsistencies of moving people to strong village and then 2 sentences later, making comments about not being sure about anyone. Hedge, hedge, and more hedge. It's sketching me out.

I see we got a wolf. I'm just now getting off work. We were very busy. Getting dinner, shower, then I'll catch up and provide input on comments from the day.

Lynch SAR

I know DVMD's job IRL can be super busy, so this isn't particularly out of character for her, but I have her as solid neutral right now based on a high number of posts like these. Posts overall have seemed a bit hollow and she's not punching as heavily as she normally does. The more it continues, the more she's moving towards wolf in my mind. Am probably headed for a vote there in the next couple of days.

This post puts Cheat back on my "want to lynch" list........

I still want to lynch Zensing.
This makes me wonder if someone was trying to frame Zen with the kill last night.

To be honest, I still don't understand why Lupin was so quick to announce to everyone that she is a wolf. Or, was that intentional? I don't know .... still wondering why that whole thing happened so quickly.
You really don't get this? ...Weird.

And to get a vote out there I'll stick with

Lynch Deva
Exhibit A of why I would like to test Snowy a bit. Posts have sounded off this whole game, but her reads are gradually starting to align with my own reads, which makes me want to move her more village because we're usually pretty in sync. But I'm starting to wonder if it's intentional, like what I tried to do with Trilt when I was a wolf in Telenovela.

Last edited:
I'm behind, but trying to get caught up this morning...I have to work this AM and then have an exit interview for my college so I probably won't be on again until this evening. Fair warning.

My inclination originally would be that maybe Lupin is telling some wolf truth truth here and this is less of a soft vouch?

But then this post from lyra just came off strange to me...

Lyra, Zen, originally I thought less so, but maybe Snowy too...everyone who voted for NSFW

I know she's insanely busy with a new baby but the wording of this post is what made me :eyebrow:

Ok, looks like 3M is still in "always a bridesmaid" [aka villager] land when it comes to RNG ;) Am pretty confident in moving her to village lean based on this and other recent posts.

Some general thoughts on people:

cheat- made a few posts D1 including a slightly odd out-of-the-blue defensive comment, but she did the same thing last game and was a villager. Would still like to hear more from her, yesterday she expressed some vague feels for Pippy but hasn't really said much about anyone else. Could just be a noob with life stuff going on (I know trying to play while sick sucks), but her comment about not really having feels for anyone yet didn't quite sit right with me. Again, could just be a noob not used to looking for sketchiness, could be a wolf trying to avoid taking a stance on anyone.

SAR- has been pretty absent, just popped in last night to comment on her new avatar and question LIS. The timing of LIS ending up dead does look pretty sketchy, but I'm willing to accept vmh's vouch and hope that SAR will start contributing more now that she's done with finals.

DocS- lots of word vomit from her in the wee hours of this morning. She always comes off a bit sketch to me, but she hasn't been a wolf in a full-length game so I'm not sure how she would act. She seems a little overly defensive considering nobody contingency voted for her or (IIRC) even said they were going to vote for her today, and I'd like some updated reads/top suspicions from her rather than just vague shade thrown at "some players" who are flying under the radar. She had Lupin as leaning village, which is a little weird but may not mean anything.

kata- like last game, she hasn't been around a whole lot. Almost missed lynch close D1 and contributed to the mess of waffles there, and yesterday she just popped into vote for Lupin. Her question if Lion King 1 1/2 characters are included could have been fishing for roles. She's posting more than last game at least, but still kind of flying under the radar. I know she did the same thing last game and was a villager, but it would be really easy to do the same thing again as a wolf and fall back on it being the same as her recent villager play. I haven't played with her before last game, so I don't know what her typical play is like beyond that.

Zensing- isn't being nearly as aggressive as she was last game as a wolf, but it could be a deliberate attempt to switch up her play since she was lynched pretty quickly for that last time. Her early comment "This sounds like a conversion game/wolves RNGed to roles :(" based on the writeup didn't make much sense, and seems to have been proven incorrect considering Lupin was a hyena. Could have been a wolf trying to fish for roles or throw the village off track.

Everyone else is reading pretty neutral to village to me so far, I'm still considering where to place my vote and would like to hear more discussion first since there wasn't much yesterday.

Hedging much? You just flip-flopped on every person you called out. I am inclined to believe your role reveal for a couple of reasons, but I'll be honest -- I don't like this post.

So, I had been planning to move towards a SAR vote today based on her interactions with Lupin because I thought they might have been fabricating shade. But I have VMH as leaning slight village, and Dr. S, Deva, and DVMD all in neutral/some sketchiness territory, and that post that SAR just made does not in any way, shape, or form sound like wolfy SAR, so I'm ok with holding off there for now.

Lynch Snowy

She started off as leaning wolf for me and moved heavier wolf based on her weird 180s around the NSFW/lyra lynch waffles. She's started to bring herself back up towards village in my head based on some of her more recent comments, but I'm not sold and I would like to see how she responds to some increased pressure.
In response to this last part: I'm inclined to squint at Snowy if she continues to do her waffling routine at the end of the day.

Some strange timing and justification for my votes? I voted for cheat D1, totally at random, because I knew I wouldn't have time to be on, changed it to NSFW because it was minutes before deadline and there was a tie, which I'm known to hate, and I had reason to believe Lyra was a villager.

D2 the lupin info had come out by the time I checked in, and I spent the remainder studying in hopes of not failing a class that I had an exam for today.

So, from my perspective that seems like pretty legit justification and timing.

P.S. To you know who - Sorry for the boring night last night. No I didn't forget anything, what you saw was all there was to see. :)

I'm sorry, Jil -- I hope your studying & exams are going well, but I'm not buying what you're selling, and this post is sketchtastic. Who puts stuff like that "P.S." statement on the thread??

Where's Trilt? I feel like she's dropped off the face of the earth in the last 24-48 hours. Vaguely constructed feeling to some of her earlier posts + uncharacteristic absence --> weirding me out right now.

Reactions: 1 users
So, I'm about to go back and do a re-read now that we have a confirmed wolf to work off of, but I'm anticipating that this kind of thing might be difficult to pin down for couple of reasons. One, it's Lupin (username might as well = Legend). Two, she presumably knew she was going to go down early. So, the question isn't just "what would she do in xyz scenario as a wolf" -- it's "what would she do in xyz scenario, as an original wolf who would probably expect to be investigated up the wazoo during early game and therefore had an expiration date stamped on her forehead".

It does make me feel less great about KC as the source of the info, because I could see it being an easy opportunity to try to gain some village cred.
I hadn't thought about it that way - makes sense.

Lynch Lyra

I still can't see a main character being a vanillager.

Not finding much to change my mind about my thoughts from last night, other than reduced late-night feeblemindedness. I had quietly decided that DrS must have been somehow tied to LIS since he vouched for her twice in the last couple days, however his role/ability being what they were (are? ghost-wildebeest?) I'm starting to rethink that. Perhaps DrS is just really difficult for me to read, but that of course does not make her necessarily a villager. Keeping her in sketchville.

I like a lot of Pippy's posts above, with the strange exceptions to Snowy. I probably just read Snowy wrong all the time, last game I was convinced she was sketchville as a villager but I'm not seeing the sketchiness from her this game.

Also, maybe I'm the only one who read it this way but I was reading her theory of "wolves being given major and minor cover roles" to mean just that, the mods gave them a list of unused roles that they could claim when it became necessary. An interesting theory to be sure, and one I think a lot of people would agree with in principle (so people can't just rely on role names to get them out of a tight spot).

Still think Lyra's role claim is enough to keep me from voting for her right now, but agreed with Pippy that it will be a question to be answered.

There are a lot of people I keep forgetting are playing this game. Come out come out wherever you are!

@Mad Jack @LadyOtheFarm @cheathac @katashark @WildZoo

On that note, just to get some discussion rolling (and because he used to be my D1 vote every game)

Lynch MJ

I mean I think its a weird comment by SAR, but I'm not really getting why it would lead to LIS's death.

Actually I thought LIS was an odd kill, but you are one of the people that if you were a wolf it might make sense. I've been going back and forth on your play and I feel like something is different then normal, but I can't put my finger on it so I'm not quite ready to lynch you. But this reasoning is definitely making me side-eye you more.

Actually, I don't kill LIS when I'm a wolf. I enjoy playing with him and tend to keep him alive.

I work 12+ hour days, sometimes without lunch. I got lunch today, so I'm able to post.

Calling out someone as to how they did something, like SAR did in the post I quoted is the equivalent of asking about their role/ability. The fact people are jumping on me about that is more odd than me questioning why SAR would do that.

Heck, even check out LIS' response to SAR last night.

I should have seen this coming. Knowing that people always think I'm sketch early on I probably shouldn't have signed up for a game where I wouldn't be around basically at all the first 2 days. Add to that the fact that I think I am genuinely terrible at this game and I know it doesn't look good. I'm still terrible at picking up subtleties that other people seem to notice instantly, but I am trying to improve my game. But, such is WW haha

That said, I acknowledge why some people might want to vote for me based on that. I am going to try to be more involved now that exams are done. I am around somewhat more today but I am going riding, so I will be around for a bit now and then again close to lynch close.

As for current thoughts:

I agree with staying away from lynching Lyra. I am comfortable with the role claim for now and some of the strange things mentioned on thread seem much more villager trying not to get lynched than wolf not trying to be found out to me. I also haven't noticed anything else setting off my sketch meter in the past 2 days.

Also feeling pretty village on DrS. Seems to be contributing normally for her - at least in comparison to her speed wolf game. I think a lot of people like looking there for a lynch just because of the odd way she sometimes phrases things but I'm inclined to let that lie for now.

This reasoning really, really sketches me out. Yes, I am still somewhat new at this game but wouldn't it be the stupidest wolf move ever for me to literally be the only questioning LIS and then kill them? Especially after Lupin threw shade at me. As an experienced player, I feel like this comment was either just trying to see how I respond (I hope), or is suuuper sketch to me. Also, I still don't understand why my question was being mocked? I was just looking for clarification on how LIS had shared a gif with the wolves. Was this on some other thread once Lupin was revealed? Some PM that allowed LIS access to wolves? I did mention that I was probably barking up the wrong tree, but I never got any real answer either. Yes, LIS was village so it doesn't really matter but everyone was complaining that we got no discussion yesterday. So I picked out something that sounded odd to me (regardless that it apparently didn't sound odd to anyone else) to start discussion. You can't have it both ways.

I am also super sketched by this comment. To me it sounds like a possible wolf trying to make villager role claims less believable by throwing into question alliance of major characters. I do not believe, especially given that our one revealed wolf was Bansai (or however you spell it?) that major protagonist roles would be wolves and the fact you are bringing it up is giving me serious side eye right now. I see no reason not to suspect our major wolves are probably the 3 hyenas plus Scar at the very least. Either way, unhelpful comment about game mechanics and I disagree completely with leaning towards Lyra.

I'm going to cast a contingency vote right now and Lynch Snowy

Just in case horse riding goes too long and I don't make it back before lynch close.

You were essentially asking LIS how he did something... basically questioning what his ability is. That will always be seen as sketchy. Your defensive response makes me feel better about questioning why you'd do that

I know DVMD's job IRL can be super busy, so this isn't particularly out of character for her, but I have her as solid neutral right now based on a high number of posts like these. Posts overall have seemed a bit hollow and she's not punching as heavily as she normally does. The more it continues, the more she's moving towards wolf in my mind. Am probably headed for a vote there in the next couple of days.

This is actually a very fair assessment of my play so far and has actually made you move more village in my mind.

I'm not as vocal these last few days because work BUT work doesn't prevent wolfiness. Give me until Friday, I start a 4 day weekend and I'll be back to normal or better DVMD "punchiness".

Lynch Zensing

Based on reasons stated earlier, and also LIS was pretty adamant about wanting to lynch her and is now confirmed village, so maybe he knew something?