The Lion King WW Signups and Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm behind, but trying to get caught up this morning...I have to work this AM and then have an exit interview for my college so I probably won't be on again until this evening. Fair warning.

Honestly, the whole NSFW lynch still sits weird with me and I feel like there might be good info in there...had
DVMD, LIS, lyra, Jilary, and kata never played with him? He was totally like that in the beginning in other games he played so I found it weird that people thought this was overly wolfy behavior?

My inclination originally would be that maybe Lupin is telling some wolf truth truth here and this is less of a soft vouch?

But then this post from lyra just came off strange to me...

Lyra, Zen, originally I thought less so, but maybe Snowy too...everyone who voted for NSFW

I know she's insanely busy with a new baby but the wording of this post is what made me :eyebrow:

As for the NSFW lynch, can't recall if I've played with him before. But I can 100% guarantee that even if this were the 100th game I've played with him, I'd still have lynched him. Lynching yourself is a lynchable offense. He'll either keep doing stupid things like that and I'll keep lynching or he won't.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Unofficial Modbandonment Lynch Tally:

SAR (2)- DVMD, DocS
Snowy (3)- VMH, SAR, Pippy
hmoo (1)- Deva
Deva (1)- Snowy
Lyra (1)- AM
MJ (1)- kcough
Zensing (1)- Lyra

10/21 voting
~4.5 hours to lynch close

Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t see why that is standing out to you as weird.

Yesterday, I told everyone I wanted to trust LIS because I thought he was “village."

This morning, we learned LIS was village.

What is your point here? If you want villager points for thinking someone is village and they were, you aren't going to get them. Wolves can also state "look, I thought so and so was village and they were". You get points for calling out and identifying wolves, not villagers.

You were essentially asking LIS how he did something... basically questioning what his ability is. That will always be seen as sketchy. Your defensive response makes me feel better about questioning why you'd do that
DVMD, I'm curious about your thoughts on vmh vouching for SAR, I noticed you haven't changed your vote for SAR.

I think the theory about cover roles is bunk. ...

We have a wolf... look at the name.

I'm thinking mufasa, simba, etc are present and are villagers.

Whenever cover roles are used, it is usually given to one wolf and typically isn't one of the big main characters

Reactions: 1 user
I think the SAR vote is in the wrong direction and strongly encourage people voting that way to look at other candidates.

Right now I'm going for

Lynch Snowy

Their posts have make me raise an eyebrow a few too many times and the theory that there are no main character roles at all in the game sounds more like fishing for people to deny that theory (implying that they have one of the main character roles) so wolves can hunt out power roles than anything else.

Found it! Lol....

I'll let it go for now but may come back to SAR a different day

Unlynch SAR

Going to catch up before placing another vote.

Ok...

I was having WZ feels yesterday, then she posted some and moved her back to neutral.

Is snowy always this um prevalent? For lack of a better word. I just feel like something is different there.

Where'd zen go?

Trilt I was placing as slight village because of her grumpiness earlier. That's fairly par for her and I to disagree like that. But haven't seen a post from her in a while. I'll see what she has to say today.

Jilary... holy emoticons. These don't tend to come out in your posts unless you are a wolf.

Pippy I've got leaning village.

Dr S keeps making me flip flop on villager/wolf... she is posting as normal but some of her reads are just odd.

Kcough... village for now

SAR... well, I already made my thoughts on thread. Will hold off for now.

Everyone else isn't posting enough to get a good read on.

Lynch AM for still being on the Lyra lynch

Hmoo - I realize we're all busy, but sporadic posts have been mostly thin on substance (fluff posts after the NSFW lynch, non-game-related things, "Wz feels", briefly joined the whole Lyra conversation in her defense). I could see playing the helpful wolf--Hasn't gotten on since the Lupes lynch, so not much else to go off of yet.
@Doctor-S , these were my thoughts on hmoo. SAR was actually my first choice, but we were informed that's the wrong direction to look, so I went for one of the others on my post.

Members don't see this ad :)
Based on early posts from lupin and some interactions there, I could vote either snowy or cheat.

I'm going to lynch cheat

I'd like to see her post more, she hasn't really said much to make me think village.

If I Ignore It Long Enough Someone Else will Do It Lynch Tally:

SAR (1)- DocS
Snowy (4)- VMH, SAR, Pippy, WZ
hmoo (1)- Deva
Deva (1)- Snowy
Lyra (1)- AM
MJ (1)- kcough
Zensing (1)- Lyra
AM (1) - hmufasa
cheat (1) - DVMD

Waffles: 2 RIP LIS
12/21 voting
~3.75 hours to lynch close

Unofficial (Apparently Still More Correct) Tater Tot Lynch Tally:

SAR (1) - DocS
Snowy (4) - VMH, SAR, Pipsqueak, Dubz
hmoo (1) - Deva
Deva (1) - Snowy
Lyra (1) - AM
MJ (1) - kcough
Zensing (1) - Lyra
Am (1) - hmufasa
Cheat (1) - dvmd

Waffleometer: 2

12/21 voting

If I Ignore It Long Enough Someone Else will Do It Lynch Tally:

SAR (2)- DVMD, DocS
Snowy (3)- VMH, SAR, Pippy, WZ
hmoo (1)- Deva
Deva (1)- Snowy
Lyra (1)- AM
MJ (1)- kcough
Zensing (1)- Lyra
AM (1) - hmufasa
cheat (1) - DVMD

Waffles: 0 RIP LIS
10/21 voting
Math is hard, coop
Also you have dvmd twice and no waffles

Unofficial Tater Tot Lynch Tally:

SAR (1) - DocS
Snowy (4) - VMH, SAR, Pipsqueak, Dubz
hmoo (1) - Deva
Deva (1) - Snowy
Lyra (1) - AM
MJ (1) - kcough
Zensing (1) - Lyra
Am (1) - hmufasa
Cheat (1) - dvmd

Waffleometer: 1 (I think only 1?)

12/21 voting
~4 hours to lynch close
See? :eyebrow:

Reactions: 1 users
I am also super sketched by this comment. To me it sounds like a possible wolf trying to make villager role claims less believable by throwing into question alliance of major characters. I do not believe, especially given that our one revealed wolf was Bansai (or however you spell it?) that major protagonist roles would be wolves and the fact you are bringing it up is giving me serious side eye right now. I see no reason not to suspect our major wolves are probably the 3 hyenas plus Scar at the very least. Either way, unhelpful comment about game mechanics and I disagree completely with leaning towards Lyra.

I'm going to cast a contingency vote right now and Lynch Snowy.

I have theories and from my comment to vmh just after this post you can see I was developing the theory as I was writing. I was trying to sort out whether Lyra's role claim was actually villager or possibly wolf. I wouldn't expect the cover role to appear in the wolf death because that's not who she was actually. I don't know how cover roles work, but I guess I was thinking it would be something like "you are __, but you can cover with ____ role" or something like that. Just thinking back to the star wars game where BBC went down for trying to find a random character that someone else probably didn't have because by her role name it would be obvious she was a wolf. Someone mentioned that role covers are a good thing to have so that's what made me think of it. But no one is concerned about lyra right now, so I'm just going to leave her for now and break that egg later if people think necessary. And yes it is game mechanics, but I feel like I have posted a lot of content stuff that is not just fluff and game mechanics, so one mention of the game mechanics doesn't necessarily make me sketch.

So, I had been planning to move towards a SAR vote today based on her interactions with Lupin because I thought they might have been fabricating shade. But I have VMH as leaning slight village, and Dr. S, Deva, and DVMD all in neutral/some sketchiness territory, and that post that SAR just made does not in any way, shape, or form sound like wolfy SAR, so I'm ok with holding off there for now.

Lynch Snowy

She started off as leaning wolf for me and moved heavier wolf based on her weird 180s around the NSFW/lyra lynch waffles. She's started to bring herself back up towards village in my head based on some of her more recent comments, but I'm not sold and I would like to see how she responds to some increased pressure.

SAR being vouched for makes me want to look at cheat (but that's because I know I'm village) due to Lupin's comments. I don't understand why my lyra waffle is sketch? I had her leaning towards village but it was D1 and I didn't have a lot from her to go on. Then her role reveal was from LK2 which I didn't realize was included in this game and she was a main character claiming vanilla which also seemed odd. And it was super last minute. It was enough to sketch me out enough to want to lynch her.

Lynch cheat
I don't know if it noob or noob wolf but when pressured by people cheat tends to back off from what she was saying. LIS also put cheat on his 'want to lynch list'

I've been waffling on Snowy. It could be I enjoy playing with her that is clouding me from seeing her as sketch. I don't know if Snowy is posting more than normal or not much posting by everyone else (me included). I liked how she tried to keep discussion going yesterday when most people were just dropping a lynch vote and nothing else. I also read the cover roles the way KC did

I feel better about 3m and am starting to feel better about KC but I don't know if I have enough to move KC to village yet. I do find I agree with some of what she is saying though. Especially about there being players that I am forgetting are playing

I'm sorry, Jil -- I hope your studying & exams are going well, but I'm not buying what you're selling, and this post is sketchtastic. Who puts stuff like that "P.S." statement on the thread??
Not sure what you aren't believing?

And the PS wasn't for you and I don't believe there is pming this game outside of abilities, so if I didn't put the message on thread, how else was I supposed to pass on that info?

It seems like subtlety is becoming a lost art in these games anymore. And speaking of subtlety...
Lynch Lyra

I still can't see a main character being a vanillager.
Please drop this topic. I have good reason to believe Lyra's role claim at the moment. I'm not hard vouching, just saying I believe her role claim, I believe it's a role that would be in this game, and it would definitely be a villager role.

You were essentially asking LIS how he did something... basically questioning what his ability is. That will always be seen as sketchy. Your defensive response makes me feel better about questioning why you'd do that

Oh this makes me feel better about your vote for her. I was thinking she thought he had rojo'd or something, but ability hunting would be grounds for lynching.

Ok...
Is snowy always this um prevalent? For lack of a better word. I just feel like something is different there.

haha are you saying I am posting too much? :oops: I finished finals and have a week off before I move and start my summer job, so I have a lot of free time right now. Until the weekend when I start work, then I will be around less.

Lynch cheat

I feel like the one giving off the most vibes right now is cheat, but as has also been noted, that could be noobiness at play. Don't ever doubt the noob fail.

I have been studying for finals and tests, plus class/lab all day. I've been on more than some other players, so why aren't you lynching them @Devastating?

This night was much busier than the last! Some animals slept with one eye open. Apparently someone was hungry because upon the sunrise they found a half eaten carcass. @LetItSnow body ended up scattered with teeth marks on the bones.

Dead is LeTitsNow, Wildebeest, a VILLAGER who could avoid any night actions the night after anyone spooked him.

Interesting twist on the role ability, Coopah. Thx!

I have been studying for finals and tests, plus class/lab all day. I've been on more than some other players, so why aren't you lynching them @Devastating?

I know, as I said I realize you and a lot of us are busy at this time. Only moved over to you because you were one of the other 2 on my feels list after SAR.
I also know there are many players who haven't posted much/at all, but because of that I also can't exactly ISO their posts. But this is only one vote that no one else is currently on :shrug:

Please drop this topic. I have good reason to believe Lyra's role claim at the moment. I'm not hard vouching, just saying I believe her role claim, I believe it's a role that would be in this game, and it would definitely be a villager role.

Her role sounds real, it's the ability I'm doubting. But I guess everyone else has reason to believe her right now, so I'll put that on the back burner for now and move down my feels list.

Unlynch Lyra
Lynch Cheat

Snowy's at least been defending as opposed to cheat when up for lynch.

Not one of you bastards respects or loves me enough to jokingly vote to lynch me when I'm dead?

You all suck. We're not friends anymore.

Reactions: 10 users
Actually,

Unlynch cheat
Lynch LIS

for promoting his own rule while dead.

Not one of you bastards respects or loves me enough to jokingly vote to lynch me when I'm dead?

Lynch LIS

with luv,

Lupes

4e662134666e8ff3fb00a6381c5555fb.jpg

Reactions: 7 users
I think the SAR vote is in the wrong direction and strongly encourage people voting that way to look at other candidates.

Right now I'm going for

Lynch Snowy

Their posts have make me raise an eyebrow a few too many times and the theory that there are no main character roles at all in the game sounds more like fishing for people to deny that theory (implying that they have one of the main character roles) so wolves can hunt out power roles than anything else
Major roles are actually harder to claim if they aren't legit, because you know if you're lying someone else has it. Something isn't adding up.
Sorry, been a crazy 24 hours! I still think we need to stay away from lynching Lyra. I don't think she's a wolf and we should be looking elsewhere. I am getting feels from WZ and dev... not sure why the SAR thing happened. Just because they asked a question about LIS?
I'm wondering if any players who haven't done much posting today have any thoughts and feels about SAR, Snowy, and Lyra because I'm still struggling with these players. Feels are okay.

Lynch snowy

Should be back in a couple hours to catch up

Why am I sketch to you right now? I know I've been sketching you out all game since first post, but what specifically is weirding you out?

:):):):):):):):)
Does this mean that when you vote me when I am not playing, that this is a sign of your love?
;);););););););)

Unlynch LIS
Lynch cheat

because that early wolf vote cleared him

Official Jayna-is-finally-off-work tally:

SAR (1) - DocS
Snowy (4) - VMH, SAR, Pippy, Dubz
hmoo (1) - Deva
Deva (1) - Snowy
Lyra ( ) -
MJ (1) - kcough
Zensing (1) - Lyra
Am (1) - hmufasa
Cheat (5) - dvmd, kara, mj, jil, AM

Waffleometer: 5

15/21 voting
A little over 2.5 hours to lynch close

I'm wondering if any players who haven't done much posting today have any thoughts and feels about SAR, Snowy, and Lyra because I'm still struggling with these players. Feels are okay.
Only one I've got feels on is Lyra, but that's because I trust Jilary's judgement.

I feel like a broken record here, but I really don't think Lyra is a wolf at the moment. Her role claim makes total sense, especially since we've seen a Kovu and a Young Kovu already, so logic leads me to believe there is also a Kiara and a young Kiara.

Only one I've got feels on is Lyra, but that's because I trust Jilary's judgement.
Wait... what? Really? Are you trying to pocket me? I mean, because I've seen pics, I'd happily slip into your pocket anytime. :naughty:

What is your point here? If you want villager points for thinking someone is village and they were, you aren't going to get them. Wolves can also state "look, I thought so and so was village and they were". You get points for calling out and identifying wolves, not villagers.
My point is I'm still looking for villagers I might be able to trust, just like other players seem to do in this game - especially if they seem to have good reads and feels. It's not weird to trust others or respect their judgment. Looks like MJ feels the same way.

My point is I'm still looking for villagers I might be able to trust, just like other players seem to do in this game - especially if they seem to have good reads and feels. It's not weird to trust others or respect their judgment. Looks like MJ feels the same way.

I'm looking for wolves. I never look for villagers to trust because no one can be trusted completely, it is ww.

Cheat doesn't really seem to be playing any different than she usually does to me? She tends to disappear and pop in off and on...

I'm sorry, Jil -- I hope your studying & exams are going well, but I'm not buying what you're selling, and this post is sketchtastic. Who puts stuff like that "P.S." statement on the thread??
Maybe I'm not as attentive to Jilary's wolf tells, but I think that's normal for her. She felt like taunting whomever tracked her. :shrug:

Lynch Lyra

I still can't see a main character being a vanillager.
I'm with Jil that this is seriously weird.

Where'd zen go?
Out of business management seminars and planning on posting more than twice today :D

I'd also question MJ as to why he is trusting jilary's judgement. It is odd to trust anyone's judgement unless you know they are villager.