The Lion King WW Signups and Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just curious about your thoughts, what was her reasoning for voting DocS and why do you think its sketch?

This is a weird statement. How is it convenient getting yourself killed? What purpose would a villager have doing that except if they are crazy like NSFW and just doing it for the Lolz?

The first thing--hold that thought, on phone so I'll go look at her post again. From what I remember, I just found her DocS reasoning kinda long-winded but ultimately not full of much substance (though, it was d1 so some of that is understandable). Not really super sketch, but something I wanted to think about in addition to her other post.

At the second thing/-by "convenient", I mean it served as a convenient lynch for everyone to hop on to towards the end just because he self voted. Not that he was convenient to himself, sorry if my wording came off unclear :p

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Man I'm always wary of lupin

-----lunch lupin-----

It's all good. I got all the info I needed to keep the wolves fat for days to come. I do thank you all for playing along. Just so you know, there is a neutral character and a chaos. Those are the only two that are ambiguous in role name versus alignment. And I am pretty sure because I am such a darling, they will be wolf sided as I also left instructions for wooing. :)
Geez!

Lynch Lupin.

It's all good. I got all the info I needed to keep the wolves fat for days to come. I do thank you all for playing along. Just so you know, there is a neutral character and a chaos. Those are the only two that are ambiguous in role name versus alignment. And I am pretty sure because I am such a darling, they will be wolf sided as I also left instructions for wooing. :)

You for sure know there are neutral and chaos already? Thats a lot of info for one night I thinks so I don't know if I believe you. And if the wolves are obviously named, they were probably given a cover role right? Main characters or side characters cover is the question. Which doesn't give us any more/less info then we had already.

Checking in at lunch and apparently we already know lupin is wolf...good job guys lol

Lynch lupin

Comments so far to things that other people haven't already asked and responded

She also has exams, and to be fair, I think we pushed her to be talkative last game. Is she usually very talkative when not up for lynch?

Um... she signed up and explained her circumstances before roles were dropped out. I'm not understanding your reasoning - were you expecting LotF to drop out if she wasn't a wolf?

It is unusual when there's this much time before lynch. At this point, someone can get some pressure and have time to defend, and any bandwagons have time to dissipate if the village agrees with the defense. With that being said, it does take some time to get used to that mindset.

We had this discussion last game. I am always a wolf in basics games only :). Also, I don't count as a good player? :cryi:

lynch DrS for some weird logic above that reads like throwing shade, and because it seems like overkill to post feels (including neutrals) on everyone at this point in the game.

here's that Zen post. Found it kinda odd that she picked out some off-handed excerpts from DrS's posts as "throwing shade", and posting feels isn't really odd for DrS either. Also a bit of generic input on other peoples' playstyle discussion. Again, not really something I'd lynch over at this point, at the time it just read as a bit of a reach (may be biased because I read DocS as totally village, at least right now). Could also just be her first-day-lynch reasoning and trying to contribute knowing she wouldn't be around (anything's better than nothing). Just stuff I wanted to think about as she posts more.

You for sure know there are neutral and chaos already? Thats a lot of info for one night I thinks so I don't know if I believe you. And if the wolves are obviously named, they were probably given a cover role right? Main characters or side characters cover is the question. Which doesn't give us any more/less info then we had already.
In general I wouldn't advise listening to a thing that an outed wolf says. Basically purge it from your mind - there's probably some truth in the lies but you'll drive yourself crazy trying to parse that out.

Reactions: 8 users
This is the time you ignore outed wolves. You don't ignore what they say before they are outed because it may give you insight as to who the remaining wolves are or who is more likely villager. But now that she's been outed it's best to just ignore her taunts, she'll say whatever she can to confuse the village.

Side note, idk if it's you who kept bringing up to ignore what the wolves said in the previous game (the normal length one) but it was driving me nuts. Analyze wolf stuff before they know they've been outed! Ignore once their true colors come out

Sent from my Nexus 5X using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Well, in that case lynch Lupin

Will we have an early day close in the case of an overwhelming majority? Lupin pretty much already wolf bragged. Sounds like our seer made the right pick last night!

Members don't see this ad :)
Some day, in some game, I would love to make it past D2...

Anyway, go village, though not sure how you guys all aren't going to dehydrate to death with no more water source.

Reactions: 7 users
Terribly One-Sided Lynch Tally

Snowy (1) - AM
Lupin (10) - kc, kata, kara, snowy, hmufasa, WZ, Doc S, 3m, Pippy, Lyra
Zen(1) - LIS

12/23 Votes Accounted for Lynch ends ~8.5 hours

Will we have an early day close in the case of an overwhelming majority? Lupin pretty much already wolf bragged. Sounds like our seer made the right pick last night!
Lynch may be closed early only if all discussion stops. If the village would like to continue to use the time the lynch will not close.

Reactions: 1 users
Super Fun (More Correct) Spectator Tot Tally

Zen (1) - LIS
Snowy (1) - AM
Lupin (11) - kcough, kata, karabou, snowy, hmoo, deva, dubz, dr s, 3m, pipsqueak, Lyra

Waffleometer: 1

13/23 voting
~8.5 hours until lynch closed

Reactions: 1 user
Terribly One-Sided Lynch Tally

Snowy (1) - AM
Lupin (10) - kc, kata, kara, snowy, hmufasa, WZ, Doc S, 3m, Pippy, Lyra
Zen(1) - LIS

12/23 Votes Accounted for Lynch ends ~8.5 hours
Man I'm always wary of lupin

-----lunch lupin-----
Ya missed one but don't worry, I gotchu

That's why these things need to be bolded :rage:
It was separated and in dashes!
That one was easily missed though because it wasn't stars
(But I gotchu, was working on it when you posted yours and since you called me out on an incorrect tally last time.......;):angelic::shifty:)

Super Fun Spectator Tot Tally

Zen (1) - LIS
Snowy (1) - AM
Lupin (12) - kcough, kata, karabou, snowy, hmoo, deva, dubz, dr s, 3m, pipsqueak, Lyra, meathead

Waffleometer: 1

14/23 voting
~8.25 hours until lynch closed

I see your lips moving, but I'm ignoring every last little thing you said.

BTW, I sent you wolves a great meme to use that I felt fit with the theme of this game. I expect one of you to use it.

This, btw, is why it sucks for people like Lupin or me or some other players to be original wolves. Usually seered early to mid-game. Without cover it's just lame.

here's that Zen post. Found it kinda odd that she picked out some off-handed excerpts from DrS's posts as "throwing shade", and posting feels isn't really odd for DrS either. Also a bit of generic input on other peoples' playstyle discussion. Again, not really something I'd lynch over at this point, at the time it just read as a bit of a reach (may be biased because I read DocS as totally village, at least right now). Could also just be her first-day-lynch reasoning and trying to contribute knowing she wouldn't be around (anything's better than nothing). Just stuff I wanted to think about as she posts more.

Agree with the bolded. I know Zen is an aggressive wolf, is she also an aggressive villager? Because this seems a bit off from the other games I've played with her, and I can't tell if its a village off, a busy off, or a wolf changing up her play off.

Have you played with DrS before? Zen's post calling DrS out for saying LoTF must be a wolf to be playing is actually reminded me of the speed game where DrS was a wolf and said pippy must not be a wolf because she had been a wolf last game (similar as in not taking rng into the picture).

Super Fun Spectator Tot Tally Part 3

Zen () -
Snowy (1) - AM
Lupin (13) - kcough, kata, karabou, snowy, hmoo, deva, dubz, dr s, 3m, pipsqueak, Lyra, meathead, LIS

Waffleometer: 2 (1 from LIS)

14/23 voting
~8 hours until lynch closed

Last edited:
This, btw, is why it sucks for people like Lupin or me or some other players to be original wolves. Usually seered early to mid-game. Without cover it's just lame.

I see it as most of us have to work on our play to get it up to the level where there are too many good players to seer them all right away.. There's really not another way to avoid this situation unfortunately (it wouldn't be fair for you guys to always be unseerable)

Reactions: 5 users
I see it as most of us have to work on our play to get it up to the level where there are too many good players to seer them all right away.. There's really not another way to avoid this situation unfortunately (it wouldn't be fair for you guys to always be unseerable)

Hehe. That's not a bad way to look at it. It just sucks when you're a "highly seered" person and you open up your PM to find you're a wolf.

At least, that's how *I* feel. Lupes likes wolfing, I think. But I always just sigh and feel like "whelp, there goes that game...."

The only way to avoid it is anonymous usernames, which isn't an option here, but has been done by using other forums.

I do kinda wish kcoughli had held out a little longer with the info. Would have been nicer to stir up some discussion today and get a better feel for some of the sketchier folks. But.... is what it is. Better to get the info out too early than too late.

Reactions: 6 users
I do kinda wish kcoughli had held out a little longer with the info. Would have been nicer to stir up some discussion today and get a better feel for some of the sketchier folks. But.... is what it is. Better to get the info out too early than too late.
Getting caught up and getting mildly annoyed with this myself. Just because Lupin is a wolf doesn't mean we don't need to discuss anyone else; this is why I hold onto seer or tracking results until later in the day if I get them - if not only to allow discussion, but also to allow the wolf to talk a little bit more, lynch someone, etc.

Reactions: 3 users
I see your lips moving, but I'm ignoring every last little thing you said.

BTW, I sent you wolves a great meme to use that I felt fit with the theme of this game. I expect one of you to use it.
I actually don't lie except about my alignment. If you look, I even acknowledged I would be looked at and resolved quickly. lol

Man. I so get that.

All I am is exhausted nowadays.

Vet school was so friggin' easy comparatively.
:bigtears::drowning:

In general I wouldn't advise listening to a thing that an outed wolf says. Basically purge it from your mind - there's probably some truth in the lies but you'll drive yourself crazy trying to parse that out.
I'm thinking a lot of lies were told. How could she gather that much info in one night?

Lynch lupin

Harsh. I try, I just don't have much energy lately, everything is hard. I used to post more on SDN in one day than I have in the past four weeks, so obviously this isn't about Werewolf. But I try.
You know I love ya MJ. I was kinda grumpy last night. Doesn't change that I have a short lead for people who aren't engaging, but it makes me fonder of you while you do it. :p
and some animals slept when they were supposed to to be keeping guard.
Sounds like actions weren't submitted.

Sorry, half thoughts, struggling to post complete thoughts after my exam

I would keep an eye on those people in case the wolves get an extra kill for non-animal roles
This is a good thought imo, especially since Coop is from the Circus WW generation.

Spoken like a true MJ-ridiculousness-burned person.

"Can we quiet communication early?" *generic "us villagers" statement!*

:eyebrow:

I'm back and forth about whether Lupes would have defended a fellow wolf as much as she defended Lyra last night, but really not helping the case.

lynch Lupin

Reactions: 4 users
"Can we quiet communication early?" *generic "us villagers" statement!*

:eyebrow:

I'm back and forth about whether Lupes would have defended a fellow wolf as much as she defended Lyra last night, but really not helping the case.

Didn't catch this statement, but also to add the "good job seer!" also seems wolfy.. could be drawing the actually seer to respond by liking her post or something. I know last game when I was protector, wolf pippy said something like that to me the night I had a successful protection.

And I wouldn't say Lupin defended her last night, she seemed like she was trying to subtley draw out people's roles and if they had an ability. Just a guess because genny's posts sounded like she knew more about this young/old stuff imo which could be why she ended up dead.. but I'm speculating here. I thought that is what MJ was trying to do, but re-reading through, Lupin actually started the discussion.

If there are multiples of major characters (young vs old), I am not sure that all of them would have an ability.

But I don't know if Lupes was actually trying to decide what ability/if any Lyra had as a villager or if she was trying to establish village cred for her (okay so I guess defending would be the right term).

Day 2 Official Lynch Tally Please check your votes

Zen () -
Snowy (1) - AM
Lupin (13) - kcough, kata, karabou, snowy, hmoo, deva, dubz, dr s, 3m, pipsqueak, Lyra, meathead, LIS, Jil, Trilt

Waffleometer: 2 (1 from LIS)

17/23 voting

This day started with a little discussion. Before anyone was in danger of being wrongly accused, someone stepped forward. "Lupin is the wolf!" they cried, "Just look at her name, she flaunts it!" The others heartily agreed. Suddenly Lupin broke into a smile. She looked to the crowd and said:
10222118.gif

She licked her lips and cackled, that eerie hyena laugh sent chills down everyone's spine. As they circled her, she stood tall, proud, and unafraid. She had done her part.

Dead is Banzai a WOLF who could sniff out an animal's name each night.

It is now N2, please get your actions in ASAP. Night close at 9AM EDT tomorrow.

Roster

1. @WildZoo
2. @Animal Midwife
3. @LyraGardenia
4. @kcoughli
5. @SnowshoeDog143
6. @LadyOtheFarm
7. @Devastating
8. @Trilt
9. @SARdoghandler
10. @hazelmoo
11. @Karabiner13
13. @DVMDream
14. @Mad Jack
15. @PippyPony
17. @vetmedhead
19. @cheathac
20. @Zensing
21. @LetItSnow
22. @katashark
23. @mmmdreamerz
24. @Doctor-S
25. @Jilary

Dead
26. NSFW – Young Kovu
12. TheGirlWithTheFernTattoo (BBC) - The Water Hole
16. genny - Kovu
18. @Lupin21 - Banzai

Reactions: 5 users
Agree with the bolded. I know Zen is an aggressive wolf, is she also an aggressive villager? Because this seems a bit off from the other games I've played with her, and I can't tell if its a village off, a busy off, or a wolf changing up her play off.

Have you played with DrS before? Zen's post calling DrS out for saying LoTF must be a wolf to be playing is actually reminded me of the speed game where DrS was a wolf and said pippy must not be a wolf because she had been a wolf last game (similar as in not taking rng into the picture).
Zens generally a pretty strong village player, but I think she was one of the many who said they'd be busy this week. (That's Not an excuse forever of course, but she still has yet to post again as of my reply, so hard to call at this point)

It's been a while since last game I played, so i don't remember if I was actually -IN- a game with drS, but I've read along with at least a few (beginning with the first one, the noob circus game). Admittedly I didn't read the speed game, so I don't have a reference for DocS as wolf, and am mainly going off her other game behavior. I read the lotf thing as just not making sense.

That's why these things need to be bolded :rage:

On phone :p
But if you're more conditioned to look for asterisks/stars than dashes, I'll remember to do that next time :)

Zens generally a pretty strong village player, but I think she was one of the many who said they'd be busy this week. (That's Not an excuse forever of course, but she still has yet to post again as of my reply, so hard to call at this point)

It's been a while since last game I played, so i don't remember if I was actually -IN- a game with drS, but I've read along with at least a few (beginning with the first one, the noob circus game). Admittedly I didn't read the speed game, so I don't have a reference for DocS as wolf, and am mainly going off her other game behavior. I read the lotf thing as just not making sense.

On phone :p
But if you're more conditioned to look for asterisks/stars than dashes, I'll remember to do that next time :)

I just didn't see it, it's fine if you wan to use dashes or stars, just make it visible pretty please, or at least correct me when I miss your vote :)

Dead is Banzai a WOLF who could sniff out an animal's name each night.

This is a good thought imo, especially since Coop is from the Circus WW generation.

Interesting ability. Makes me think more the wolves get an extra-kill for certain roles. Not sure if it would be for non-animals or not but it would make sense with BBC's death. Coop was the first to experience the extra kill in circus so it might stick out to her more than some

I think I'd like to hear more from @kcoughli. Got in a quick vote D1. Then today dropped the Lupin info fairly early which halted a lot of discussion

Going back to re-read yesterday and today now so may have more thoughts later

@Trilt and @LetItSnow normally I'd probably agree that the info could've been withheld until later in the cycle, but with my schedule the way it is and the information being what it was I didn't want to risk having it not come out until lynch close or later, when it would be too late.

Just to clarify, I'm on a rotation at banfield right now and have 11 hour shifts. Yesterday I wore pants with no pockets (relevant because didn't have my phone available at all) so only got a chance to check in before lynch on my 20 minute lunch break. Last night I got home after lynch had closed, caught up reading the thread, and promptly fell asleep. Today I have pockets so more sneaky checking phone moments but still not really available for deep analysis. I'll try to give more of my thoughts tonight.

I haven't been an original wolf in a long time (at least, that I remember). I'm glad. I <hate> wolfing, and I'm always caught earlier because I'm a high-profile seer target. So unless I have a cover role I just sigh and figure I'm screwed.

Plus, I like being village more.

OT but you were an original in immuno. I just subbed in for you :)