Should I go to Toledo interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnElway

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a CA resident with acceptances at SUNY Downstate and SUNY Buffalo. I've recently gotten an interview at the University of Toledo, but I'm debating whether it's worth it to go with these acceptances in hand (I've already spent a LOT of money on interviews). Location isn't a big factor for me, because I've lived in rural and urban parts of CA and can honestly say that I don't have any strong preferences for either one. Basically I want to go to a school that will provide me with a solid education (although any US med school will give you a good education, right?) and will also give me the best opportunity to obtain a residency spot in CA, should I decide to return to my home state. With respect to these issues, would the University of Toledo be able to give me anything that I couldn't get at Downstate or Buffalo? Anybody have any other opinions on my situation?

Members don't see this ad.

One of the nice aspects about Ohio is that you get in-state residency after your first year. Consider the money you'd save.

At the SUNYs you can become IS just as easily as you can become an OH resident. I don't know much about the school, but Toledo isn't exactly the best city out there. There isn't a great difference in perception of the 3 schools so go with best location/curriculum/cost. I think Buffalo is a better school than Downstate but Downstate is a short ride from New York City.

If travel expenses are a big deal I wouldn't bother going to Toledo, and I'd withdraw to give someone else out there a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.