Random AADSAS Questions: 2017-2018 Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hi friends, when we select our prerequisite courses for each school, do we only select the classes that are specifically required or can we select everything that we've taken that is within that subject (i.e. selecting BIO I/II vs selecting BIO I/II, microbiology, anatomy & physiology, etc...)?

THANK YOU!

If you were still wondering about this, I emailed them about this because I had the same question, and this was their response: "Typically this is a question you'd want to direct at the program that's asking you to match prerequisites, with that being said you can select more than the minimum prerequisites."

So I'm just selecting all of the classes that apply.

Members don't see this ad.

Can I e submit the application and then add schools? or do I have to finish all the program materials and secondaries before e -submitting? So confused!
Submit, then do the secondaries. You can still add schools after you submit, assuming it was the same as last year.

Reactions: 1 user
Do schools even look at our application without secondary/supplementary questions? Without these, are our applications completed and ready to be looked at? Bc many ppl I talked to did their secondary apps during July and was wondering if that was too late?
Finishing secondaries in July is not too late. You won't be considered for admission until you've paid whatever fees and done whatever supplemental essays that school requires.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you do the transcript ordering service that they offer in the transcript section do you still have to send an official transcript from your college?

"All applicants must enter in coursework. It can be done by the applicant or Liaison International, ADEA’s technology partner. By selecting Professional Transcript Entry, the applicant relies on Liaison International to enter and verify all coursework. This process will begin as soon as all official transcripts are received and can take up to 15 business days to complete. The application will then be placed into a verification queue, which can take an additional four weeks. The service is $55 for up to three transcripts, $100 for four to six transcripts or $150 for seven or more transcripts. "

From the official ADEA AADSAS 2017 instructions.
Short answer: yes you need to send official transcripts from your college

"All applicants must enter in coursework. It can be done by the applicant or Liaison International, ADEA’s technology partner. By selecting Professional Transcript Entry, the applicant relies on Liaison International to enter and verify all coursework. This process will begin as soon as all official transcripts are received and can take up to 15 business days to complete. The application will then be placed into a verification queue, which can take an additional four weeks. The service is $55 for up to three transcripts, $100 for four to six transcripts or $150 for seven or more transcripts. "

From the official ADEA AADSAS 2017 instructions.
Short answer: yes you need to send official transcripts from your college

How do you send the official transcript to aadsas? I heard that there is a special form that you must attach to the transcript?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I had a similar situation. AADSAS had me enter each as a separate college, even though all my courses show up on my degree transcript. They also had me submit official transcripts for each institution. You should just give them a call to make sure you do everything right - they are super understanding of tricky situations like this. The number I called is listed at the bottom left-hand corner of the AADSAS website 617-612-2045
Wait, so AADSAS had you enter the one course for both institutions? For example, if I took trigonometry at a Community College over a summer, I would list it for both my University transcript and the transcript of the Community College?

Wait, so AADSAS had you enter the one course for both institutions? For example, if I took trigonometry at a Community College over a summer, I would list it for both my University transcript and the transcript of the Community College?
I think AADSAS only wants you to list the course under the school that you took it at, not at your university that it was transferred to. I think what eb3093 was saying was that was that under "colleges attended" you have to enter every school you took classes at, so the community college needs to be entered in addition to your university and under the community college is where you list the course that you took there. Also you need to have an official transcript sent from the community college as well as your university. This is how I understood it and did it at least.

How do you send the official transcript to aadsas? I heard that there is a special form that you must attach to the transcript?

Click the "Colleges Attended" tab on the left, then click "Download Transcript Request Form" for every school you attended.
When you order your transcript whether in person or online, tell your registrar to attach the Transcript Request Form when sending out the transcript.

I think AADSAS only wants you to list the course under the school that you took it at, not at your university that it was transferred to. I think what eb3093 was saying was that was that under "colleges attended" you have to enter every school you took classes at, so the community college needs to be entered in addition to your university and under the community college is where you list the course that you took there. Also you need to have an official transcript sent from the community college as well as your university. This is how I understood it and did it at least.
Yeah, that's what I gathered from it as well. It makes sense because when you look at the PDF of your application you see where the Community College courses were inserted between your University courses.

Ok so if you do transcript entry that also does the prereq check for you right? because you aren't putting in any of the courses yourself? I hate the anxiety of submission because suddenly all these questions come up as soon as youve submitted!

I would put all the semesters, or "all semesters, except..."
Since they require one specific date, what date do we use for multiple semesters of dean's list? Do we just put a random date and then leave a note saying every semester? Is anyone else VERY confused and wondering why aadsas made the application so complicated this year. i would much rather prefer the original platform.

Will they call the dentists to verify shadowing hours? Did it happen to any applicant before? Just curious, the dentists i shadowed probably don't even remember how many hours i have shadowed with them honestly.

Since they require one specific date, what date do we use for multiple semesters of dean's list? Do we just put a random date and then leave a note saying every semester? Is anyone else VERY confused and wondering why aadsas made the application so complicated this year. i would much rather prefer the original platform.

I believe someone said to put down the most recent semester we were on the dean's list for.

Members don't see this ad :)
1. yes
2. If you checkbox all schools when you apply to take your DAT, You do not have to send it again.

But if I didn't do this when I took my DAT, I have to pay 36 per school?:(

is the 'questions' section considered the secondary app? I feel like they're kind of short with the character limits but at the same time they're looking through a ton of apps so maybe they have to be short.

is the 'questions' section considered the secondary app? I feel like they're kind of short with the character limits but at the same time they're looking through a ton of apps so maybe they have to be short.

Depends on the school. Some schools require only those questions on the AADSAS application itself, some schools require an ADDITIONAL supplemental app that is available either through their school website or by invitation only.

In the 'check status' section it says that my programs are "awaiting materials." I have submitted the aadsas application, LORs are in, but my GPA still has to be verified (it has arrived though). Is it just 'awaiting' my GPA verification?

When writing descriptions/key responsibilities for experiences, should I write about what I learned and took from that experience? Or just solely list what the organization is and what I did?

Also paragraph or bullet points? I got mixed opinions about this..

When writing descriptions/key responsibilities for experiences, should I write about what I learned and took from that experience? Or just solely list what the organization is and what I did?

Also paragraph or bullet points? I got mixed opinions about this..
I just wrote what I did there and learn from it. If you got mixed answers then either one should be fine, but imo paragraph would be better.

can I send in my transcripts and/or rec letters without having submitted my aadsas application yet?

One school requires a course I had not planned to take, so I listed it on the transcript as a planned course for next spring. If I am accepted elsewhere where that was not a prerequisite, am I somehow obligated to take that course anyway?

if I have shadowed for a few months and then started working as an assistant do I list them separately? also the dental assisting would be under what type of experience is it dental shadowing or employment?

One school requires a course I had not planned to take, so I listed it on the transcript as a planned course for next spring. If I am accepted elsewhere where that was not a prerequisite, am I somehow obligated to take that course anyway?
Yes. That was not a good idea. A school may only accept you with the condition that you complete that course now. You should leave that blank and just take that course if you get accepted there.

No, unless they TELL you that u must take it. I don't know but i would still list in as "planned" to increase my chance of getting in with that specific school. But if i'm accepted elsewhere then peace out, i'm not taking anything that is not required or strongly recommended. Again, that is what i would do, but others might have diff opinions.

wait so will schools only see the 6 experiences that we select?

Yeah, that's what I gathered from it as well. It makes sense because when you look at the PDF of your application you see where the Community College courses were inserted between your University courses.
Yes, sorry for being unclear! This is exactly what I meant.

When entering coursework, do I write the course name as it shows in transcript even if it's abbreviated or the full name?

Can we or should we add a future semester (spring 2018 -- not on transcript) that includes a pre-requisite?

What parts of the application can not be changed once being submitted?

I have to mail a school an extra letter of recommendation to meet their requirement. I am currently waiting to receive said letter from my professor. The rest of my app is ready to go for that school. Would it be better to submit my app now or wait until I actually have the letter. I just don't know if it's frowned upon to go 2+ weeks with an incomplete application.

I have to mail a school an extra letter of recommendation to meet their requirement. I am currently waiting to receive said letter from my professor. The rest of my app is ready to go for that school. Would it be better to submit my app now or wait until I actually have the letter. I just don't know if it's frowned upon to go 2+ weeks with an incomplete application.
submit now>I submitted my app in early june last year, didnt have my dentist letter until oct.

repeated question, my bad

Last edited:
Would an LOR from a physics teacher count as a science LOR?

I tried to find this while reading through the thread but I did not see anything. I apologize if it has been asked or answered already. I am going to be reapplying this year and I saw that the application does not roll over as in years past. However, when I went to make a new account it says my username and email already have an account. Does that mean I sign in with the old information? I am a little confused, thanks in advance!

Can I e submit the application and then add schools? or do I have to finish all the program materials and secondaries before e -submitting? So confused!
You can e-submit now and add schools later on. Just keep in mind that you won't me able to edit most of the primary application once you do this

when adding AP classes, my unofficial transcript, official transcript, degreeworks, and not even my school's website would give me a code or name of the class that my AP exam counted for. What would I put for these classes? -__-

when adding AP classes, my unofficial transcript, official transcript, degreeworks, and not even my school's website would give me a code or name of the class that my AP exam counted for. What would I put for these classes? -__-
maybe contact the ap student college board? as well as your home college that those courses transferred over to.

How do we send extra LOR directly to the schools? Do we have those writing it send it or do we get it from our evaluator and send it?

I submitted my application and downloaded the PDF to see how it looks, and on my transcript entry section my classes all say "Not Applicable" for the "Special Classes" indicator even for the ones that I entered as Honors, AP or retakes. Do those just not show up until the transcript is verified?

How do we send extra LOR directly to the schools? Do we have those writing it send it or do we get it from our evaluator and send it?

I think you could have your evaluator send it to the corresponding schools admissions office but they have to be sure to include your AADSAS ID and your Name indicated so they know which applicant the LOR belongs to.

Other way is to send it yourself HOWEVER it might not look good because it means you've seen the letter.

I requested my transcript to be sent on June 1st, but AADSAS until hasn't marked it as "received"... should I be concerned?