Random AADSAS Questions: 2017-2018 Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if there is a significance to a decision status of "Received/ Application Complete" on AADSAS without receiving an invitation to interview? Should I be expecting a sad snail mail letter or is there still hope for an invitation to interview? Specifically this status shows for Pitt and UIC (and not any other schools) - any thoughts or insight if they've started interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

I took a summer course and the grades are now official. I already submitted my app and my past grades are verified. Would I be able to update my summer grades if I send in my updated transcript?

I took a summer course and the grades are now official. I already submitted my app and my past grades are verified. Would I be able to update my summer grades if I send in my updated transcript?

I don't think so. You have to wait till November for the "Academic Update" period, when you can update both summer and fall semester (if your're taking more classes in the fall) grades.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think so. You have to wait till November for the "Academic Update" period, when you can update both summer and fall semester (if your're taking more classes in the fall) grades.

Alright, gotcha!

Reactions: 1 user
Quick question,

When matching prerequisites under program materials, do we include upper division classes that also fall under biology/chemistry, or just the introductory sequences?

1) What's the best way to put multiple shadow opportunities all underneath one experience?

2) do you input transfer credits on both the initial school you took it at and underneath the school you transferred it to?

Hello, 1. were you ever able to find the answer to your first question?
Also, 2. how did you write your experiences? I've heard it is sentences of the duties (more resume) or is it paragraph (brief story) for the description?
3. For the dexterity 600 characters, did you write it as a brief story, or sentences of activities (similar to question 2.)

Hello, 1. were you ever able to find the answer to your first question?
Also, 2. how did you write your experiences? I've heard it is sentences of the duties (more resume) or is it paragraph (brief story) for the description?
3. For the dexterity 600 characters, did you write it as a brief story, or sentences of activities (similar to question 2.)
So I just put the different shadow opportunities as different thingies. You're only able to highlight 5 of the most important extracurriculars to you so the one office I spent the most time at was the one I highlighted. They can still see the others so it's no biggie.

I just wrote a paragraph or so on what I did while shadowing and what I learnt. I made sure to talk about something I took away from each experience, so no resume but more like a brief story I guess.

For the dexterity part I honestly only wrote like 2 sentences that was like over the years I have participated in blah, blah, blah and blah in order to improve my manual dexterity. I did briefly touch on that in my personal statement as well so that's why I didn't see the need to use all 600 characters.