Random AADSAS Questions: 2017-2018 Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do I add a class that I took in 2017 to my transcript? There is no option for 2017 in the "select a year" tab.

Hi, couple of questions for you guys. For experiences should I include ALL of my work experience in entirety? Or just the jobs I had in college? Also, if I withdrew from a class and have a "W" and then obviously took the class afterwards, would that class be considered "a repeated class"? The app makes you specify which classes you have re-taken. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
How do I add a class that I took in 2017 to my transcript? There is no option for 2017 in the "select a year" tab.

Double check the "attended to" year for your school.

Reactions: 1 user
How do you input AP classes on your transcript?

Also, for Harvard it says "cell biology" is recommended. Does cell function fall under cell biology?

I looked over my app several times before submitting, and then submitted today. But, I looked back over it again and there were a couple small errors I somehow missed... I think they would be hard to spot if you were just reading like regular though; bust still, dang.
What are the chances if I call first thing tomorrow they allow me to fix my errors?
I think they should be able to fix it.
How many schools did you apply to? I'm just wondering because I want to e-submit soon and add schools after. Is the program materials section the same now that you've submitted?

1. Can I submit my committee letter and 3 additions letters that from my dentist and my professors?
2. What if you withdrew a course but haven't repeated the course?

I think they should be able to fix it.
How many schools did you apply to? I'm just wondering because I want to e-submit soon and add schools after. Is the program materials section the same now that you've submitted?

I hope so, it's annoying... I applied to 3 but still have to finish the questions for 2 more, then am going to submit them. Everything you submit is locked in and you can't re-submit them, but you can add experiences and stuff. You can add schools still and submit apps individually still.

I hope so, it's annoying... I applied to 3 but still have to finish the questions for 2 more, then am going to submit them. Everything you submit is locked in and you can't re-submit them, but you can add experiences and stuff. You can add schools still and submit apps individually still.
so we can e-submit and then finish the supplemental apps later?

so we can e-submit and then finish the supplemental apps later?

You have to finish the school-specific questions on aadsas to submit. Just finish the questions for your top priority schools first and submit them before you work on the questions for your lower priority schools

It seems they are combined now. You definitely have to complete the questions or it won't let you submit.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Can we just add 1 school and fill the supplemental out for that and submit it? Later, add more courses? That way we don't have to wait till it process?

I double dipped because the place I shadow is also where I've done ~ 50 hrs of assisting. I just made sure to separate the hours. Is this frowned upon?

That's what I would've done too since it's separate experiences.

It is true that the application makes you state your top 5 schools this year?

No.

I don't know if this has been asked before but HOW DO I SEND MY DAT scores to aadsas? I mean i selected my dat scores to be sent to all the schools when i signed up for it. BUT is that all i needed to do?

On AADSAS it asks you when you took the DAT and what your Dentpin is. That automatically links your scores to the app.

Hi, couple of questions for you guys. For experiences should I include ALL of my work experience in entirety? Or just the jobs I had in college? Also, if I withdrew from a class and have a "W" and then obviously took the class afterwards, would that class be considered "a repeated class"? The app makes you specify which classes you have re-taken. Thanks!

Not sure on the W question, but for the jobs, I'd say only what you've done in college unless maybe you've had a continuation of the same job you've had since high school

1. Can I submit my committee letter and 3 additions letters that from my dentist and my professors?
2. What if you withdrew a course but haven't repeated the course?
If you have a committee letter, that takes up 3/4 of your allotted letters, so you can only have one more letter in addition to the committee

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What kind of description should we write in the shadowing description boxes? Other than "I saw fillings, extractions, etc etc" can we also include little anecdotes like "Dr.___ explained to me the importance of....in dentistry" or "One thing I found particularly interesting was....."?

doing these apps and studying for the DAT while taking metabolism is just a great time

On a serious note, woah... I just noticed the University of Washington only takes 63 people. I'm starting to think maybe it's not a good idea for me to apply there? I have a 3.82 cumulative (roughly the same for the sciences), but no DAT score as of yet. 200 hours shadowing ~100 volunteering, ~50-60 assisting, a general body member of pre-dental society for ~ 3 years and have done some minor events with them. Otherwise, I'm pretty generic (no research and my leadership roles are meh). :(

Should we add experiences in chronological or reverse chronological order?

Michigan lists Sociology as a prereq. What are some courses that could be considered in this category? Could a Religion class potentially fit here?

Michigan lists Sociology as a prereq. What are some courses that could be considered in this category? Could a Religion class potentially fit here?
I wouldn't think so.. I took a criminology course abroad and they accept that. I would call to be sure but I wouldn't think Religion falls into that category.

Can you e-submit w/o your letters being uploaded? They've all been requested.

Any thoughts on this secondary question from Louisville? Is this a two part question or only relevant to you if you had relatives graduate from ULSD?

"Provide information that gives ULSD additional personal history.
If you have relatives who have graduated from ULSD, please list their names, program and year of graduation."

What's the timeline for transcript processing? Two of my transcripts have been marked as "Sent" by the school, but haven't been updated on AADSAS (still says "Arrived 0/3"). Does it take additional processing on AADSAS's end, or should I start contacting schools to see if I made a mistake inputting where to send the transcripts?

What's the timeline for transcript processing? Two of my transcripts have been marked as "Sent" by the school, but haven't been updated on AADSAS (still says "Arrived 0/3"). Does it take additional processing on AADSAS's end, or should I start contacting schools to see if I made a mistake inputting where to send the transcripts?
In the past, its taken weeks and weeks for AADSAS to process and verify. But also keep in mind your transcripts have been traveling for only like three days so I'd say just wait and be patient for now.

In the past, its taken weeks and weeks for AADSAS to process and verify. But also keep in mind your transcripts have been traveling for only like three days so I'd say just wait and be patient for now.

Great, thanks! That makes a lot of sense. I forgot that these aren't electronic delivery. Just a bit too antsy, I guess.

Any thoughts on this secondary question from Louisville? Is this a two part question or only relevant to you if you had relatives graduate from ULSD?

"Provide information that gives ULSD additional personal history.
If you have relatives who have graduated from ULSD, please list their names, program and year of graduation."
Good question.. I read it as being one question, so since I have no Louisville alumni in the family I just left it blank.. but now I'm unsure. Might be worth contacting someone at the school to clarify.

Great, thanks! That makes a lot of sense. I forgot that these aren't electronic delivery. Just a bit too antsy, I guess.
No problem, I feel the same way. Waiting on other people makes the days crawl lol

Would partaking in a cadaver dissection club for a semester go under extracurricular or academic enrichment in the experience section?

Can you use interfolio to submit letters to aadsas?

Also, after I upload all the letters to aadsas, can I designate only some of them to be sent to the school or do I have to send every single letters I upload on aadsas to the schools?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Can you use interfolio to submit letters to aadsas?

Also, after I upload all the letters to aadsas, can I designate only some of them to be sent to the school or do I have to send every single letters I upload on aadsas to the schools?

1. Yes
2. All letters uploaded to AADSAS will be sent to all schools designated.

1. Yes
2. All letters uploaded to AADSAS will be sent to all schools designated.

But don't schools have different requirements for letters? Why is it that I can't pick and choose which letter to be sent?

But don't schools have different requirements for letters? Why is it that I can't pick and choose which letter to be sent?

They do have dif req for letters, but aadsas sent the same app to all school you applied, and school get to choose which letters they want to read or read them all.

For uploading letters from interfolio to aadsas, in place of the evaluator's email address in aadsas, I just put in the email address generated by interfolio? Just making sure I'm doing this right

In addition to entering the dat score manually on aadsas, I also have to send the score report through the ada day website right? It's telling me that it will cost me 36 dollars per school to send the dat report.

Last edited:
For uploading letters from interfolio to aadsas, in place of the evaluator's email address in aadsas, I just put in the email address generated by interfolio? Just making sure I'm doing this right

In addition to entering the dat score manually on aadsas, I also have to send the score report through the ada day website right? It's telling me that it will cost me 36 dollars per school to send the dat report.

1. yes
2. If you checkbox all schools when you apply to take your DAT, You do not have to send it again.

Would partaking in a cadaver dissection club for a semester go under extracurricular or academic enrichment in the experience section?

Honestly, I don't think it'll matter which of the two you placed it under since its both academic enrichment related and extracurricular.

What kind of description should we write in the shadowing description boxes? Other than "I saw fillings, extractions, etc etc" can we also include little anecdotes like "Dr.___ explained to me the importance of....in dentistry" or "One thing I found particularly interesting was....."?

I think one of the key points of shadowing for me was observing a dentist mediate all aspects of his practice.

This includes how he/she mediates patient conflict, providing treatment and care, always getting the parents/pt consent before administering anything, and how much they were willing to show you about their hands-on work.

I was fortunate that the dentist allowed me to be right up against his shoulder and also be explaining what he was doing and why he was.

Based on that, I'd write in my summary box what I observed and what I learned.

Is anyone aware of the timeframe before the first round of applications is sent from AADSAS to schools / how long we all have left to sneak into that first round?

What would put for the number of hours for a predental club? Since that's something you don't necessarily do a certain amount of hours for, you just do volunteer as needed.

I think one of the key points of shadowing for me was observing a dentist mediate all aspects of his practice.

This includes how he/she mediates patient conflict, providing treatment and care, always getting the parents/pt consent before administering anything, and how much they were willing to show you about their hands-on work.

I was fortunate that the dentist allowed me to be right up against his shoulder and also be explaining what he was doing and why he was.

Based on that, I'd write in my summary box what I observed and what I learned.
Thanks man, I guess I'm good then.

I'm not sure about which classes to put down, I had the same question. But for the Ochem question, I also retook one of them at a different school and took a W at my school, I included all 3

Hi, I called AADSAS today and the person I spoke to said that I can use my best judgement for whatever classes meet the Bio requirements. You can nitpick what you want them to see. Also, you do not need to include the Ws (just on transcript entry). You just need to show that you finished the prereqs

This may be a very dumb question, but I ordered one transcript to be sent online to ADEA AADSAS through my uni's transcript ordering service. So on "Check status" portion of my application, it says 1 of 1 received. I recently ordered 5 more that I was going to send personally (because I wasn't familiar with the system bc first time applying), so after I send those 5 and they receive them it should say 6 of 6 received correct? And what do I do to make sure every school gets a transcript that I am applying to? Does AADSAS simply send those schools the transcripts that I sent to them? Sorry if these questions are out there I am just a little overwhelmed. Thanks to all and good luck!

edit: i believe I found my answer, feel free to please pm anyways for reassurance if you are feeling generous

Last edited:
If you guys took AP classes in high school, how did you enter them on the AADSAS transcript entry section? Like what would be the course title, course code, and grade?

Hey guys!

Might be an obvious question, but trying make sure everything is in order! I am in the midst of plugging my courses and grades in for the academic portion of the app. I had a question for the "Subject" section. For example, if I took Calculus, do I choose "Calculus" as the subject selected from the drop-down list or do I choose "Mathematics" because technically that is what is stated on my official transcript since it is a math course (and the app is supposed to be a carbon copy of the transcript)?

Also, following up with my other question. If I had an internship that was 1 credit hour but did not affect my gpa, would I still list that on the app? It shows on my transcript with the grade "S". The thing is if I do put that down, I'm not sure what to select under the "Subject" section since there are non from the drop-down list that anything to do with an internship.

Once you do the transcript review, are you not allowed to make any changes in the Transcript Entry section?

If you guys took AP classes in high school, how did you enter them on the AADSAS transcript entry section? Like what would be the course title, course code, and grade?
Does your AP credit show up on your transcript as the course that it counted for? It does on mine, like for example I have AP psych credit which counts for the intro psych course, so on my transcript it shows up as "PSY 111 Intro to Psychology" and then the grade says AP. So for the transcript entry I put it in with first semester freshman year courses and I did PSY 111 for course code, Intro to Psychology for the course title, and then put CR for the grade. Then when you do transcript review you can specify that it was an AP

Does your AP credit show up on your transcript as the course that it counted for? It does on mine, like for example I have AP psych credit which counts for the intro psych course, so on my transcript it shows up as "PSY 111 Intro to Psychology" and then the grade says AP. So for the transcript entry I put it in with first semester freshman year courses and I did PSY 111 for course code, Intro to Psychology for the course title, and then put CR for the grade. Then when you do transcript review you can specify that it was an AP
Some schools require you send your AP scores as well. I saw on UCSFs site that they do - still waiting for them to get back to me about that though

When entering course credit received from AP in Transcript Entry, do you put AP credits in the same section as your freshmen fall semester grades?

Last edited:
When entering course credit received from AP in Transcript Entry, do you put AP credits in the same section as your freshmen fall semester grades?

In addition to adding all your undergraduate classes, under your very first fall semester/quarter, add your AP classes.
For my university, US History translated to a Hist 206 course.
If your university accepted your AP courses, they'll give you a specific amounts of credit for each. Enter those in and for grade, just put an 'A', since most universities will not accept them if they were not a 4 or 5.

Once you finish your transcript, you have to review and finalize it.
During this process, you'll select classes you took abroad, that were honors, and those that were AP courses.

In addition to adding all your undergraduate classes, under your very first fall semester/quarter, add your AP classes.
For my university, US History translated to a Hist 206 course.
If your university accepted your AP courses, they'll give you a specific amounts of credit for each. Enter those in and for grade, just put an 'A', since most universities will not accept them if they were not a 4 or 5.

Once you finish your transcript, you have to review and finalize it.
During this process, you'll select classes you took abroad, that were honors, and those that were AP courses.

I would put 'CR' instead of 'A' for your AP courses since you did not receive an actual grade

Reactions: 2 users
When I downloaded my application it just says unofficial dat scores in the standardized test section and shows my scores... Does it just say unofficial because the schools have to verify it?
Yeah if you linked your dentpin and date of birth it'll take a few weeks for the officials to appear until they actually get to link them but you should be good. Called the, today