ADEA 2023-2024 Application Questions thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If u can’t decide between two schools can you put down a deposit at both for now
Yes. You will end up having to forfeit one of the deposits though as they’re non refundable.

Members don't see this ad.

For most dental schools, if we received AP bio credit, we can take an upper level biology with lab to substitute that prerequisite, such as anatomy with lab? I called the school I got accepted to before I applied and they said that it was fine, but I'm worried that maybe they misunderstood my question. I could just be overly anxious too.

For most dental schools, if we received AP bio credit, we can take an upper level biology with lab to substitute that prerequisite, such as anatomy with lab? I called the school I got accepted to before I applied and they said that it was fine, but I'm worried that maybe they misunderstood my question.
I can't really speak for all dental schools, but I do want to point out the value of your AP bio credit...

At most of the undergraduate programs that offer AP bio credit, the credit is good for intro biology FOR NON-MAJORS. All bio majors still had to take their rigorous intro bio sequence. Verify this is the case for you; the point about your AP bio credit is likely a moot point.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sort of confused by your response. My undergraduate school doesn't allow me to take intro to bio 1 because of the AP credit coming in. I still took intro to bio 2 though.

Reactions: 1 user
For the Certiphi background check, should we put our college addresses too (dorm, apartment) or just stick to our permanent home addresses?

Do a lot more interview invites start getting sent out after January 15th?

Reactions: 1 user
I graduated in May 2023 and applied to dental schools in June 2023, which was a month later after my graduation. Since I didn't apply to dental schools after my Junior year, does that mean I'm currently taking a gap year?

I graduated in May 2023 and applied to dental schools in June 2023, which was a month later after my graduation. Since I didn't apply to dental schools after my Junior year, does that mean I'm currently taking a gap year?
Yes, since you graduated in 3 years, right?

I went to end my current experience but I only put the end date and forgot to update the hours. What should I do? I cannot go back and edit it, do I email each school and let them know?

Should I bother sending info updates or should I assume that the schools are keeping an eye on my application?
Do schools get notifications whenever a student updates their application?

I went to end my current experience but I only put the end date and forgot to update the hours. What should I do? I cannot go back and edit it, do I email each school and let them know?
That's not necessary or a significant update. You could contact the schools where you interviewed.

Should I bother sending info updates or should I assume that the schools are keeping an eye on my application?
Do schools get notifications whenever a student updates their application?
If you are uploading into a school portal, we get notifications. If you are doing an academic update in AADSAS, let us know, specifically the schools where you interviewed.

Hi! I am an reapplicant for this upcoming cycle and was wondering how to go about re-writing my personal statement? I recognize it needs to be different to include what I’ve done since last cycle - but how much do I have to change it? Tyia!

Status
Not open for further replies.