Random AADSAS Questions: 2017-2018 Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I requested my transcript to be sent on June 1st, but AADSAS until hasn't marked it as "received"... should I be concerned?
I also did that and JUST had my first transcript (out of 4) marked as received. I'd say give it a few more days at least.

Members don't see this ad.

I finished junior year of college and only have 1 semester of english so far but I'm taking taking 2 english classes before I graduate. A lot of schools require 2 semester of english so how can I inform them that I'll be finishing the undergraduate requirement before I graduate?

Members don't see this ad :)
What do I put under "title" right under experience details. I already checked the "volunteer" box. So, do I just be redundant and put something like "Hospital volunteer" under "title"?

EDIT:

Also, I have this great leadership position (my only as well) during high school 12th grade (entire year). I don't see anything on the instructions saying we can't list anything during high school, unless I am mistaken. Should I yay it and include it or nay?

EDIT 2:

Where do I put hospital volunteering hours? Do I list this experience under "volunteer"? because the instructions say that we list non health related experiences under the volunteer tab.

Would really appreciate the help guys. Thanks.

Last edited:
did anyone actually put their SAT scores for Upenn's supplemental? that seems very irrelevant lol

did anyone actually put their SAT scores for Upenn's supplemental? that seems very irrelevant lol
I'm not going to. My scores are terrible and I see no need to. It actually pissed me off that they would ask for something like this until I saw it was optional. I was like, nope. I don't understand why...

when adding AP classes, my unofficial transcript, official transcript, degreeworks, and not even my school's website would give me a code or name of the class that my AP exam counted for. What would I put for these classes? -__-

My school was similar - there was a separate section on my school's registrar website which had information about requesting the presence of AP/IB courses and it basically said I needed to submit a written request attached to my transcript order to get the courses listed. Back in May I decided to just order an official transcript and sent it to myself and the AP credits were on an attached piece of paper with courses they corresponded with.

I'd call your school's registrar because I'm sure they have some sort of policy regarding that stuff.

I am about to submit but it says that my evaluations will lock after I do so. I thought we could still add letters after we submit?

I earned S/NS credit for being an undergrad teaching assistant for a bio lab and ochem class. What subject should I select in the transcript entry section?

When selecting a subject from the drop box... should I just report all of my classes taken in the bio department as Biology or should I use the specific subjects provided in the drop box such as Genetics, Immunology, etc?

When selecting a subject from the drop box... should I just report all of my classes taken in the bio department as Biology or should I use the specific subjects provided in the drop box such as Genetics, Immunology, etc?
I put whatever described the class most accurately. For example, I put genetics for my genetics class.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So I took a class that was required for my major (Biomedical Sciences) called Anatomy & Histology [BMD 310.] I'm in the process of putting them in my transcript and I'm not sure to put them as "Biomedical Sciences" or "Anatomy" or "Histology." I also have several other classes with mixed names like Physiology & Pharmacology I/II. Any help is appreciated!

edit:/ nvm I'll just put it as biomedical sciences!

Last edited:
So I have a question, for I have a sGPA of 2.98 and GPA of 3.3. what DAT scour do i need to have and which schools do i have a chance?
I have a very good clinic experience

So I have a question, for I have a sGPA of 2.98 and GPA of 3.3. what DAT scour do i need to have and which schools do i have a chance?
I have a very good clinic experience
Just try your best. Why would you want to know the worst you could do and still be "okay"? Give yourself adequate time to prepare and work as hard as you possibly can.

So, I'm a reapplicant. Do I need to resend my DAT scores AKA pay the fee? or do I just need to enter my DENTPIN?

For my scholarship awards, should I list how much they are wroth (the monetary value)?

Also I feel with the new AADSAS format allowing you to put unlimited experiences, it's kind of hard to fill out their question about additional volunteer work/research etc. since they specifically say not to repeat anything.

So, I'm a reapplicant. Do I need to resend my DAT scores AKA pay the fee? or do I just need to enter my DENTPIN?
just enter DENTPIN. If you selected all schools last year it'll get sent again to the ones you applied. They should be verified soon, no need to pay those crazy fees per school to send the e-copy

I'll take the DAT on July 10th & wait for the good score to apply for dental schools this cycle (althou I'm major in BIO with GPA ~3.87, English is my 2nd language so i have a really hard time w RC section (my RC Bootcamp is only 15-17 so far), if this section isn't looking good in the real DAT, i'll study more, retake DAT &apply next cycle). I dunt want to take a risk of submitting app before DAT as other people suggest since there's a high chance my RC could go wrong. if it is good, I will submit my app in mid July (Ik this's pretty late since I've to wait for them to verify my transcripts after the date I submit ) I'm filling out my app atm & have some confusions, would be really appreciated if you can help me:

1/ I'll send my transcripts to ADEA online tomorrow, since I've 3 transcripts during my 6 undergrad yrs, it'd be beneficial for me to pay Professional Transcript Entry (PTE) to fill them out so I can focus on reviewing DAT and personal essay, plus I dont want them to send my app back (to fix which'll postpone my app further). Do you know if the PTE starts right away once receiving my transcripts (but before submitting my app)? If it is after, can I verify that they enter correctly and will this further postpone my app?

2/ About the LORs, i see pp talk about the Interfolio thing, I'm confused with how it works (knowing it helps to deliver the LORs to dental schools/ application??) if I remember right, i couldnt find interfolio anywhere in the app guideline. Is this the optional thing that recommended for LORs?

I job shadowed so many hours in high school. The fact that we are not supposed to count these kills me inside. :(

Is anyone having trouble with paying supplemental fees? So far Columbia and University of Maryland have shown errors

Is anyone having trouble with paying supplemental fees? So far Columbia and University of Maryland have shown errors
"IN ORDER TO SUBMIT ONLINE PAYMENT- PLEASE INCLUDE A DASH AFTER YOUR AADSAS NUMBER. THE FIELD IN THE CREDIT CARD PAYMENT FORM IS SET FOR MORE CHARACTERS THAN THOSE IN YOUR AADSAS #. THE DASH SHOULD TAKE CARE OF IT." That was the email columbia sent about the error after making the payment.

The AADSAS ID numbers used to be 11 digits and now they're 10 so a lot of websites haven't fixed that yet.
Columbia said to input the ID number with a dash after it to fulfill the 11 digit requirement (ie. 1234567891-). Unsure about Maryland though

Do we have to give our supervisor information for experiences section? I am not sure about the start and end exact dates..what do I do?

Can someone who is familiar with parchment help me fill out the address for transcripts to be sent out. I'm honestly confused on how to fill out the address information:

Associated American Dental Schools Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9110 Watertown, MA 02471

First off, the "Associated American Dental Schools Transcript Processing Center" does not fully fit in the "mailing name" box. Is this okay? I don't know where P.O. Box 9110 Watertown, MA 02471 go either. Sorry for asking this. I feel like a total idiot but better safe than sorry.

Edit: parchment image address input shown below. Thanks a ton!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    37.5 KB · Views: 50
On the instructions for processing your transcript it says to, "Make sure your ADEA AADSAS identification number is included on or with each transcript." How do you tell the registrar's office to handle this? Do you just give them your aadsas ID and tell them to write it on a separate piece of paper or something to get mailed along with the transcript and matching form??

There is a transcript request form that you're supposed to DL and submit with your transcripts. I would print a copy for your registrar and ask them to seal it with your records.

What do I put under "title" right under experience details. I already checked the "volunteer" box. So, do I just be redundant and put something like "Hospital volunteer" under "title"?

EDIT:

Also, I have this great leadership position (my only as well) during high school 12th grade (entire year). I don't see anything on the instructions saying we can't list anything during high school, unless I am mistaken. Should I yay it and include it or nay?

EDIT 2:

Where do I put hospital volunteering hours? Do I list this experience under "volunteer"? because the instructions say that we list non health related experiences under the volunteer tab.

Would really appreciate the help guys. Thanks.

You can't put high school extracurriculars. I read it on AADSAS instructions and people also said that here as well

Achievements - I wanted to include that I re-wrote the human trafficking prevention policy for my base and that it was adopted by my higher headquarters at 3rd Army and US Central Command as the new standard across the middle east. So would I just tell them I got this award in the Army and it was for this? Also, how many Army awards should I put down? Should I just go with the top two or three and add my scholarships, etc.?

Can someone who is familiar with parchment help me fill out the address for transcripts to be sent out. I'm honestly confused on how to fill out the address information:

Associated American Dental Schools Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9110 Watertown, MA 02471

First off, the "Associated American Dental Schools Transcript Processing Center" does not fully fit in the "mailing name" box. Is this okay? I don't know where P.O. Box 9110 Watertown, MA 02471 go either. Sorry for asking this. I feel like a total idiot but better safe than sorry.

Edit: parchment image address input shown below. Thanks a ton!
I had this exact same issue. Put as much as you can fit of the name in the "Mailing Name" section and ignore what doesnt
Then under "Mailing Address 1" write the PO Box info
"Mailing City" = Watertown
and the rest I'm sure you can figure out

how do I enter in a class that only has the options of credit/no credit which I passed and received credit for? AADSAS is asking me for a grade

On my transcripts it says NA for labs that had no grade. You could try that I guess. I would try to put exactly what is says on your transcript.

If I order my transcripts now and they are sent to AADSAS before I submit my application, will AADSAS keep them until I submit my app?
yes, there status tab where it tracks which transcripts have arrived. I have not submitted my app yet, but there are little tick mark things against the schools that have sent theirs.

What should I do about the DENTPIN?
I'm a Canadian student who completed the cDAT last year and as a result, I don't have a DENTPIN. I tried inputting my DAT ID# but the field rejected it.
I think you can register for a DENTPIN without taking the American DAT. Have you done that?

Thank you so much for this thread OP! I just created a thread before seeing this. I have a question about the cover sheet. I'll just copy the information here.

Can anyone tell me if there has been a change to the format of the cover sheet for this application cycle? I got this information from adea.org, but I'm not understanding: "The coversheet [it] includes applicant identifying information, GPA calculations for each course subject designation, U.S. DAT and Canadian DAT scores, undergraduate and graduate degree information for schools that were selected as the primary degree-granting institutions and up to three preselected professional experiences per category."

How do we select these three experiences per category? I was only given the option to select my top 6 experiences overall, not by category, and my top 4 achievements overall, again, not by category. Will the cover sheet now just show "experiences" and list the 6 I choose and the category they belong to (and same with achievements)?

If anyone has any information about this, or anything else they know about the coversheet, please let me know as soon as you can. I'm hoping to submit my app tomorrow. I assume they have to list the 6 experiences and 4 achievements I select, regardless of category, but knowing for certain would be nice.

Thank you. I hope everyone's application process is going well so far!

I had this exact same issue. Put as much as you can fit of the name in the "Mailing Name" section and ignore what doesnt
Then under "Mailing Address 1" write the PO Box info
"Mailing City" = Watertown
and the rest I'm sure you can figure out
Thank you !

So I have pretty much the entire app filled out, I just have to designate the schools I intend on applying to, pay and then send out the application. That being said, which schools should I apply to? CA Resident. Sgpa 3.4ish Ogpa 3.2ish. Solid upward trend too. DAT 20/20/16 (lol). I have a list currently of 14-16 schools. Money isn't a factor but I don't want to apply to random schools that logically don't qualify (pre-reqs or low OOS)

My current list: All California schools, Oregon, Nevada, Both Arizona schools, Utah (Roseman), Nova, Touro, Tufts (I have some CC credits though). Any schools that I missed? Thanks.

I'll take the DAT on July 10th & wait for the good score to apply for dental schools this cycle (althou I'm major in BIO with GPA ~3.87, English is my 2nd language so i have a really hard time w RC section (my RC Bootcamp is only 15-17 so far), if this section isn't looking good in the real DAT, i'll study more, retake DAT &apply next cycle). I dunt want to take a risk of submitting app before DAT as other people suggest since there's a high chance my RC could go wrong. if it is good, I will submit my app in mid July (Ik this's pretty late since I've to wait for them to verify my transcripts after the date I submit ) I'm filling out my app atm & have some confusions, would be really appreciated if you can help me:

1/ I'll send my transcripts to ADEA online tomorrow, since I've 3 transcripts during my 6 undergrad yrs, it'd be beneficial for me to pay Professional Transcript Entry (PTE) to fill them out so I can focus on reviewing DAT and personal essay, plus I dont want them to send my app back (to fix which'll postpone my app further). Do you know if the PTE starts right away once receiving my transcripts (but before submitting my app)? If it is after, can I verify that they enter correctly and will this further postpone my app?

2/ About the LORs, i see pp talk about the Interfolio thing, I'm confused with how it works (knowing it helps to deliver the LORs to dental schools/ application??) if I remember right, i couldnt find interfolio anywhere in the app guideline. Is this the optional thing that recommended for LORs?

You have time to improve your rc, do more practice on datqvault, and crack the dat, worth the money for extra practice

Secondly,
Yes, I think it's a good idea to pay for transcript service
thrid interfolio, is a website where you register, pay about 20 dollars for a year membership or maybe 32 for 3 years not sure.

In this website, you will send a request to the professors to write you a letter of recommendations.
They will write it and the website will store the Letters for you, whenever you need them, you can use them.
You can use them in the application, but there are additional fees for every letter sent to the application

Finally, don't worry too much. I hope you will get good score on RC.
I am worried about it too.

This question might sound dumb but
Does the research that we do as a part of a class, like genetics, count as a research in the experience section?

This question might sound dumb but
Does the research that we do as a part of a class, like genetics, count as a research in the experience section?
I wouldn't think so, because if that were the case, then everyone could say they have research experience. I think they're looking for the type of research where you work on a team with the intent of making new discoveries and/or affirming existing literature.

Dental Assistants, did anyone else upload a copy of their license to the app as well as manually entering the license data?

Can you submit the application with the experiences and/or achievements section completely empty? I'm not 100% sure what I want to include in there yet but I'm ready to submit the app.

Last edited:
Can you submit the application with the experiences and/or achievements section completely empty? I'm not 100% sure what I want to include in there yet but I'm ready to submit the app.
I don't think you can change (add/remove) experiences once you submit the app. So I'm gonna say no don't do it (unless you have no experiences to put down). If you have experiences, they go on now or never.

Edit:
someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
I don't think you can change (add/remove) experiences once you submit the app. So I'm gonna say no don't do it (unless you have no experiences to put down). If you have experiences, they go on now or never.

Edit:
someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

From the application above the experience section:
"You may update the information in this section at any time prior to submission. Once you have submitted, you will be able to add more Experiences, but you will not be able to update or delete completed Experiences. Please refer to the Checklist on the program materials section of the application to determine if this section is required for your program application."

Once you submit you can't change what you first entered but you can enter more later. I wonder how that system functions. Do you think the schools will get an update from the app?

If you add another experience that you start later on in the application cycle (but after you have already submitted to schools) do the schools see the updated activity or do they only see what you sent to them initially?