*** Official 2005 Step I Results Thread ***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigfrank

SDN Donor
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, let's get this off right. Results were just released in my neck of the woods, 12:00 EST.

Just like last year, let's have a cohesive thread. Be sure to mention your Step I score (of course!) and any other correlative material you choose (study plan, NBME exams, etc.).

Best of luck, let's keep it cordial.

Members don't see this ad.

bigfrank said:
You're very welcome. Go celebrate!!!

Thanks again bro......................good luck with STEP 2.......and thanks for PMing me all your STEP2 prep tips........... ;)

bigfrank said:
Sorry to disappoint you, but I think it does. ;)

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like I was disappointed. Just wondering if that was who the poster was referring to and apparently, you are certain.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pox in a box said:
Sorry, didn't mean to sound like I was disappointed. Just wondering if that was who the poster was referring to and apparently, you are certain.
Oh, now you're playing nice.

The claws would have come out, however, had chak_ been referring to BlueFlounder, or some other BF user. You and I both know that.

Pox in a box said:
Let's get back on topic. Continue with the "Official Big Frank Flexing his Muscles discussion on scores." :rolleyes:
Speaking of "getting back on topic," how ironic it is that you keep posting in a Step I RESULTS Thread. :idea:

Your bitterness is becoming more than slightly annoying.

To all the other SDN-ers with the courage to post their scores, keep 'em comin'!!!

to all those who have posted their scores and thank you for the advice, study schedules, correlations etc.
BF and PIAB ....Rrrrrrrr ;) You have both offered some pretty solid advice in the past. What gives? anonymous forum playa' hatin'? And I'm all out of popcorn :p

bigfrank said:
Speaking of "getting back on topic," how ironic it is that you keep posting in a Step I RESULTS Thread. :idea:

Your bitterness is becoming more than slightly annoying.

To all the other SDN-ers with the courage to post their scores, keep 'em comin'!!!

Speak to the mirror. Let's face it. You hate me because I haven't revealed to you my score. Plain and simple. You think people love you because you have revealed every score you have ever achieved, without anyone even asking for it. I used to really enjoy your posts until you consistently became the cockiest person on SDN boasting about how you got 99th percentile on everything. That's fine if you do but why do you post things like that without even anyone asking? I'm not jealous about it because I haven't even taken the exams yet. I just think it's common sense to not post your pride for the world to see. To the rest of the SDN crowd, I apologize for being slightly pompous toward bigfrank for you all to see. I have been labeled as a "coward" and "jealous" because I haven't posted my Step 1 score on SDN. The scores are inflated anyway. There's no reason to post my score. Step 1 is over. I'm not going to hang around here for several more years posting about how I rocked Step 1.

Pox in a box said:
I have been labeled as a "coward" and "jealous" because I haven't posted my Step 1 score on SDN. The scores are inflated anyway. There's no reason to post my score. Step 1 is over. I'm not going to hang around here for several more years posting about how I rocked Step 1.

Indeed there is no reason whatsoever for posting your score. However if you did feel like that all along why did you start this thread http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=205165 ? At the very least you could add to the thread you started your nbme scores and whether they were good predictors of your score.

SuitsYou said:
Indeed there is no reason whatsoever for posting your score. However if you did feel like that all along why did you start this thread http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=205165 ? At the very least you could add to the thread you started your nbme scores and whether they were good predictors of your score.

I don't see anything wrong with people posting their scores. I don't like when people post their scores for no reason at all but to inflate their own egos or simply to make themselves look great (case in point, there's no way that everyone is telling the truth about their scores...there has only been a couple of people with sub-99 two-digit scores). I chose not to reveal my scores. That's my perogative. There was a time on SDN when reporting your scores actually meant something. I started the thread you mentioned a) before I had taken NBME exams and Step 1 and b) when people were posting realistic scores (i.e. not all 299/99).

Pox in a box said:
I don't see anything wrong with people posting their scores. I don't like when people post their scores for no reason at all but to inflate their own egos or simply to make themselves look great (case in point, there's no way that everyone is telling the truth about their scores...there has only been a couple of people with sub-99 two-digit scores). I chose not to reveal my scores. That's my perogative. There was a time on SDN when reporting your scores actually meant something. I started the thread you mentioned a) before I had taken NBME exams and Step 1 and b) when people were posting realistic scores (i.e. not all 299/99).

Shouldn't you be trolling the Step II boards by now? You've been here so long, seems you belong over there. Tool.

ClandestineOne said:
Shouldn't you be trolling the Step II boards by now? You've been here so long, seems you belong over there. Tool.

Check the step 2 threads. He/she began trolling those the week after he/she got his/her score back.

Members don't see this ad :)
scholes said:
Check the step 2 threads. He/she began trolling those the week after he/she got his/her score back.
Pox was telling ME what was on the Surgery Shelf during probably the first week of his/her rotation. Wow.

And Pox's whiney comments virtually ruined this thread as well. I guess Pox is continually trying to rain on the parade of those SDN-ers that were proud of their hard work & what it accomplished in terms of a Step I score. ;)

Close it.

SuitsYou said:
This has to be the sweetest post I've seen on SDN in a long time. How did I miss this one???!!!???

Nice work!

Pox, would you like a glass of milk with your Humble Pie?

scholes said:

No, actually I started reading up on Step 2 before I took Step 1. Look up the meaning of the word "troll" because you are not using the term in an appropriate context. Thanks for the help by the way.

Pox in a box said:
What medical school do you attend, bigfrank?
Pox, you're like a borderline personality, right? Like I'm going to tell that to someone who cannot hide their hatred/disdain for me?

Why don't you get a life and quit obsessing over me. ;)

Pox in a box said:
No, actually I started reading up on Step 2 before I took Step 1.
You probably would have done better on Step I if you had focused on Step I principles. Just a word of wisdom.

bigfrank said:
Pox, you're like a borderline personality, right? Like I'm going to tell that to someone who cannot hide their hatred/disdain for me?

Why don't you get a life and quit obsessing over me. ;)

Haha, you're hilarious...you can either tell everyone or I'll tell them where you go for you. You've been badgering me for weeks. To say that I'M obsessing over YOU makes you look like even more of a clown. There's no wonder you are as much of a tool in real life as you are on SDN.

Pox, are you stalking me? Your passive-aggressive (borderline) posts continue. You used to annoy me, now you're just getting plain w.e.i.r.d.

;)

bigfrank said:
Pox, are you stalking me? Your passive-aggressive (borderline) posts continue. You used to annoy me, now you're just getting plain w.e.i.r.d.

;)

I think it's funny. You are trying to compensate with a big board score. I don't blame you.

Pox in a box said:
I think it's funny. You are trying to compensate with a big board score. I don't blame you.
How will you compensate for your Step I score? ;)

From your prior posts, it sounds like AOA is only a dream for you.

Pox, your continued obsession with me, negativity, and outright jealous posts are the reason (among many) why you have lost what little credibility you had on SDN.

bigfrank said:
How will you compensate for your Step I score? ;)

From your prior posts, it sounds like AOA is only a dream for you.

Pox, your continued obsession with me, negativity, and outright jealous posts are the reason (among many) why you have lost what little credibility you had on SDN.

Nice try frank. You're good at putting together puzzles, even when the pieces don't fit. You're well cut for surgery. Make University of Missouri - Columbia proud. You're one of our greatest success stories. :laugh:

Pox in a box said:
Nice try frank. You're good at putting together puzzles, even when the pieces don't fit. You're well cut for surgery. Make University of Missouri - Columbia proud. You're one of our greatest success stories. :laugh:
Huh?

Pox, your jealousy has caused you to grasp at straws. I feel sorry for you, truly I do.

Frank

:love:

Pox in a box said:
I forgot, who are you? :sleep:
Well, I can tell you who I'm NOT...

I'm not the whiney SDN-er who still gives misguided Step I advice (and hasn't even had the courage to provide a Step I score) to individuals who obviously don't follow it... ;)

Give it up, Pox. When you realize that no one on her likes you, takes your advice, or respects you, I'll feel much better.

bigfrank said:

I'm not the whiney SDN-er who still gives misguided Step I advice (and hasn't even had the courage to provide a Step I score) to individuals who obviously don't follow it... ;)

Give it up, Pox. When you realize that no one on her likes you, takes your advice, or respects you, I'll feel much better.

Bigfrank, I used to look up to Pox. Then I read the messages between you two, and now I don't know anymore. :confused:

I didn't mind that this person did not reveal a score but she/he? hasn't even posted a Step 1 experience. At least the hated Ramoray posted his experience to give back to people. Perhaps Pox only takes help and doesn't give back. If this is true, I'm very disappointed. I hope this isn't true. :(

bigfrank said:

Considering you don't know what I got on Step 1, your statement is moot. The fact that you have worried so much about my score leads me to believe that you are indeed threatened, or else incredibly overly inquisitive. If I cared what people thought of me then I'd really be worried. I have posted my Step 1 experience through many posts...I did not post one cumulative post because the NBME explicitly instructs not to discuss test material and ideas.

Peace, I'm retiring from this ridiculously stupid conversation. If you want to ask me a question, that's fine. This topic is old and annoying so give it a rest for the sake of everyone.

Hey guys,

Where can I get Goljan audio and rapid review? I tried to find it at my school bookstore, but they do not have it. Can anybody kindly tell me where I can get this?

Thanks
porland

Kluver_Bucy said:
Bigfrank, I used to look up to Pox. Then I read the messages between you two, and now I don't know anymore. :confused:

I didn't mind that this person did not reveal a score but she/he? hasn't even posted a Step 1 experience. At least the hated Ramoray posted his experience to give back to people. Perhaps Pox only takes help and doesn't give back. If this is true, I'm very disappointed. I hope this isn't true. :(
Excellent points.

Many other SDN-ers have sent me PMs to this fact and I can only reply that the points you make and the concerns you have are well-founded.

I feel betrayed for having answered approximately 12 PM's from Pox himself over the past 6 months and this individuals doesn't have the decency to post a Step I experience for others to view. He starts threads relating to Step I/NBME correlations and refuses to offer his score, etc. He posts threads in Osteopathic threads and then quickly deletes them.

Basically, Pox has discredited himself on this forum by exhibiting blatant hypocrisy many times over.

bigfrank said:
Excellent points.

Many other SDN-ers have sent me PMs to this fact and I can only reply that the points you make and the concerns you have are well-founded.

I feel betrayed for having answered approximately 12 PM's from Pox himself over the past 6 months and this individuals doesn't have the decency to post a Step I experience for others to view. He starts threads relating to Step I/NBME correlations and refuses to offer his score, etc. He posts threads in Osteopathic threads and then quickly deletes them.

Basically, Pox has discredited himself on this forum by exhibiting blatant hypocrisy many times over.

I post threads in osteopathic threads and delete them? Who made you SDN mod? STFU bigfrank. Do the world a favor and quit trying to make fun of Pox in a box. Seriously. You are a sore to everyone when you post this kind of bull****. I posted many Step 1 experience threads, just not ONE in the said location. Get over it toolbag. Aren't you a 4th year? Don't let your wife know you're searching for hot avatars...

Shut the hellz up the BOTH of you.

Geez... both of you are either in your third or fourth year of medical school AND you've got families. Friggin act like it.

It wouldn't even be a problem if it was confined to one thread... but like every thread I go to for advice this bullcrap has already metastasized there.

bonovox said:
Shut the hellz up the BOTH of you.

Geez... both of you are either in your third or fourth year of medical school AND you've got families. Friggin act like it.

It wouldn't even be a problem if it was confined to one thread... but like every thread I go to for advice this bullcrap has already metastasized there.

Check through the archives...I've tried to squash this about 2 dozen times but it keeps coming up. What can I say? I have been trying to shut this crap up for several months. I'm with you...sorry for the clutter. I get annoyed every time I see it pop up.

p53 said:
Another person lies on SDN about his/her Step 1 score. :rolleyes:
Notice there is a 237/93 on Pompacil's response.

after taking step I..like most people I moved on with my life...the other day I was really bored and was looking at posts and saw the ones after my own..I did go back and change the two digit score...and that's because it was really wrong the first time. Call it whatever you like...I really don't care if you think I was lying. It really makes no difference to me. I have nothing to prove to anyone, a score is a score. If I was going to lie by the way...I think I would've put a better score than a 237...! Some of the people on here need something waaay better to do..

Pox in a box said:
Do the world a favor and quit trying to make fun of Pox in a box. Seriously. You are a sore to everyone when you post this kind of bull****. I posted many Step 1 experience threads, just not ONE in the said location. Get over it toolbag. Aren't you a 4th year? Don't let your wife know you're searching for hot avatars...
Poxy,

clearly you meant to post this as one of your many other user names. Or have you begun to refer to yourself in the third person as a defense mechanism?

Either way, --> :laugh: and :sleep:

Pox in a box said:
Check through the archives...I've tried to squash this about 2 dozen times but it keeps coming up. What can I say? I have been trying to shut this crap up for several months. I'm with you...sorry for the clutter. I get annoyed every time I see it pop up.

Innocent bystander until now.

I've known BigFrank for over a year now, and you don't have the credentials to hold his jock strap. He has helped me and others on SDN for over 2 years now. What have you done? Posted ONE step one experience?

You are the biggest GUNNER on SDN. You have posted a Step 2 help thread, surgery shelf thread, pediatrics shelf thread without giving your experiences. You have no room to pick on BigFrank.

Everyone else ignore this Pox person. This person is a gunner with no credibility.

OneStrongBro said:

I've known BigFrank for over a year now, and you don't have the credentials to hold his jock strap. He has helped me and others on SDN for over 2 years now. What have you done? Posted ONE step one experience?

You are the biggest GUNNER on SDN. You have posted a Step 2 help thread, surgery shelf thread, pediatrics shelf thread without giving your experiences. You have no room to pick on BigFrank.

Everyone else ignore this Pox person. This person is a gunner with no credibility.

Excuse me...I'd never ask to hold his jock strap. I gave my expriences you *****. Gee, people. What do you have to do to get a little respect?

Pox in a box said:

Well it takes 2 people carry on a convo. If you know what I mean.

OneStrongBro said:

Thanks OSB! Nice to hear from you again. Hope your year is going very well.

Excellent points regarding the lack of credibility Pox has been able to maintain so eloquently on here. ;)

Pox in a box said:
I post threads in osteopathic threads and delete them? Who made you SDN mod? STFU bigfrank. Do the world a favor and quit trying to make fun of Pox in a box. Seriously. You are a sore to everyone when you post this kind of bull****. I posted many Step 1 experience threads, just not ONE in the said location. Get over it toolbag. Aren't you a 4th year? Don't let your wife know you're searching for hot avatars...

Nothing wrong with using 3rd person...
Da Rockkk sayssssss it's ok. :)

BF, your Step 1 Experience, is priceless... sayss Da Rockk