USMLE Official 2019 Step 1 Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

libertyyne

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lets get this started.
M2. Mid Tier everything.
Entertaining some surgical sub-specialties.

Goal 270
Happy with 245

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 12 users
Lets get this started.
M2. Mid Tier everything.

Goal 270
Happy with 245
You may find this interesting if you're serious about seeking to achieve a 270. It was written by someone on reddit who just found out that he scored 271. I'd aim for a 260 if I were you, though. It seems like at most only half of examinees with NBME scores in the 270s achieve it. But with 260, practice scores seem to be more predictive, suggesting that's it's less about luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
You may find this interesting if you're serious about seeking to achieve a 270. It was written by someone on reddit who just found out that he scored 271. I'd aim for a 260 if I were you, though. It seems like at most only half of examinees with NBME scores in the 270s achieve it. But with 260, practice scores seems to be more predictive, suggesting that's it's less about luck.
I would love a 270, I would be happy with anything above a 245. The 270 is more like a shoot for the stars and land on the moon kind of goal.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm taking it end of January!!!! Anyone else?

I'm like shifting into full Step mode. My school has an integrated curriculum, so this summer I've been going through Boards and Beyond and Pathoma for the systems we've covered and doing Kaplan Qbank. I'm going to continue it over the Fall and also do Rx qbank.

I want to do the best I can, but really just aiming for 240+. I definitely don't want to do surgery and interested in anesthesiology, internal med, psychiatry and EM for now.

Last edited:
Taking it a full year from now, but ill bite

DO student
Goal: 250
Happy w/: 240

Those number are likely to change as I start getting a more accurate assessment on my standing. As of right now theyre just numbers to me lol

Interested in like 9 different specialties atm, but top of the list is ortho/ent/gas/EM at the moment. Would also be perfectly happy w/ FM->Sports Med, so we’ll see how things turn out over the next year as i explore certain things

Reactions: 1 users
Lets get this started.
M2. Mid Tier everything.

Goal 270
Happy with 245

That’s weak bro. I’m aiming for a three hundy.

Being real my goal is 250 as a DO student. I’ll be happy with 240+. Already designing my study materials and plan with cram fighter. I’m making sure to relax extra these next few weeks because I want to hit the ground running once MS2 starts. The trend I’m seeing is that slow and steady is what leads to high scores so thats what one going to do. Do a little every day consistently and don’t get burned out.

Being real my goal is 250 as a DO student. I’ll be happy with 240+. Already designing my study materials and plan with cram fighter. I’m making sure to relax extra these next few weeks because I want to hit the ground running once MS2 starts. The trend I’m seeing is that slow and steady is what leads to high scores so thats what one going to do. Do a little every day consistently and don’t get burned out.
Three hundoo or bust!
I see that trend as well, it makes sense considering the high scorers tend to have high CBSE or NBME's at the start of dedicated. They seem to have worked hard throughout the two preceeding years to get there. Also makes sense considering if you dont know a subject well in preclinical how on earth are you going to know teach it to yourself in dedicated.

I am trying to get a schedule set up , but it is all overwhelming right now.

Reactions: 3 users
Three hundoo or bust!
I see that trend as well, it makes sense considering the high scorers tend to have high CBSE or NBME's at the start of dedicated. They seem to have worked hard throughout the two preceeding years to get there. Also makes sense considering if you dont know a subject well in preclinical how on earth are you going to know teach it to yourself in dedicated.

I am trying to get a schedule set up , but it is all overwhelming right now.

Yeah, the advice I keep hearing from the people that just took it and did well is to not overwhelm yourself with resources, to pick the few you are going to use and then dedicate yourself to those and know them cold.

Reactions: 5 users
about 10 months away from this but i'll check into this one. time is absolutely flying. everything always seems so far away and then you blink and you're in the thick of it.

Reactions: 1 user
While the scale may theoretically go to a 300, there was a SDN user who got a perfect score on two NBMEs, receiving a 280 on both. So I speculate that a perfect score raw score on step 1 scales to a 280. This would make sense as the exam has 280 questions, though it didn't always. I just don't want to see you score a 280, and be disappointed that you didn't do better haha.

While the scale may theoretically go to a 300, there was a SDN user who got a perfect score on two NBMEs, receiving a 280 on both. So I speculate that a perfect score raw score on step 1 scales to a 280. This would make sense as the exam has 280 questions, though it didn't always. I just don't want to see you score a 280, and be disappointed that you didn't do better haha.
I think the point is that goals can be self limiting. If you say you want a 510 on the mcat, thats ok but you may only put in the work to get a 510 and end up with a 502. Where IMO you should be aiming for a 528 so when you get a 518 you say I gave it my best and this is what I got. You should never walk into an exam and say you want less then a 100, because it is self defeating and self limiting. You should be realistic with the result that you ended up getting a 85 and thats what you deserve based on your effort.

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, the advice I keep hearing from the people that just took it and did well is to not overwhelm yourself with resources, to pick the few you are going to use and then dedicate yourself to those and know them cold.

My plan so far is to
1. ZANKI
2. Sketchy Micro
3.Pathoma
4. Goljan audio in down time( He is enjoyable to listen to )
5. First aid for referance
6. U world 100%
7. RX what ever I can get done before dedicated
8. Kaplan q bank - what ever I can get done before dedicated
9. ALL the NBMEs in stimulated exams.

Ambitious, but we will see how If i can get it done in 10 months. The real problem is my schools corriculum which is the old normal abnormal so we have seen zero path so far, so its kinda pointless to grind out the qbanks right now. And this is the problem I have been having in organizing a schedule.

Reactions: 6 users
MS3 here. I'm still trying to pass my comlex and usmle step 1 for 2018. I took 2 months LOA to prepare better and pass it. Taking Comsae showed that I'm not ready. My biggest mistake was to not studying material really well (by implementing FA/Pathoma/Sketchy along the lecture handouts) but rather just passing exams lowkey style. As I discovered you can pass all 2nd year exams and still not be ready for step 1. Welcome to my world. It's a bad place to be because I'm missing my first 2 rotations. Learn from my mistakes. Right now I'm at the 190 nbme - which is bad in my situation when dedicated time have ended. That is what bad planning during the MS2 can do with you.
I can just contribute by stating some things I've found so far (mainly for below average students and those who struggle - we are majority lol). With Pathoma - videos are great, but they do take more time compared to book. For example in the book 1st chapter is 8.5 pages and thanks to Sattar it is an easy reading. It can be completed in 1 hour of slow reading so you understand everything. Now if you watch his videos for same 1st chapter - it will take about 3 hours on x1 speed or 2 hours on x1.5 speed. He does include more examples in videos, so they are more inclusive, but are not necessary over the book.
Another thing is that many people say to focus on 1-2 resource - don't take it literally. Besides UFAP it's VERY beneficial to do Sketchy (micro and phram) and Anki. You can narrow it down during dedicated to UW and FA only, but by that time you need to know at least basics from Sketchy and Pathoma. Also, with UW - in the Fall semester of MS2 do only questions by subjects you are studying with your school, don't do random questions - waste of time.
With questions - aim at 5k questions by the end of dedicated, but at the very minimum 3k.

My plan so far is to
1. ZANKI
2. Sketchy Micro
3.Pathoma
4. Goljan audio in down time( He is enjoyable to listen to )
5. First aid for referance
6. U world 100%
7. RX what ever I can get done before dedicated
8. Kaplan q bank - what ever I can get done before dedicated
9. ALL the NBMEs in stimulated exams.

Ambitious, but we will see how If i can get it done in 10 months. The real problem is my schools corriculum which is the old normal abnormal so we have seen zero path so far, so its kinda pointless to grind out the qbanks right now. And this is the problem I have been having in organizing a schedule.

Yeah mine is similar, we'll see how it goes. The thing I'll spend the most time on will probably be Zanki just because it is so massive, and I reset my deck from first year. If you fork over the cash for cram fighter I hear it's great. I played around with the free 7 day trial and it allows you to see what your day to day would look like using different combinations of resources. Even if you don't end up getting a subscription it can give you an idea.

1.What I dont get is when people say they “finished” certain qbanks before dedicated, are they doing questions from systems they havent done yet throughout the year? May just be a difference in curiculum im not grasping.

If so i feel like thats very low yield, i wont finish all the systems till may but was considering to starting UWORLD in dec. Theres no way i could finished either Rx or Kaplan by that time since i wouldnt have done two classes yet though.

2.I think i get something like 7-8weeks of dedicated, would it be advisable to just stick with rx/kaplan until dedicated and hold off on uworld till im 100% done with all the systems and start off doing timed random? My school saves our hardest most frustrating class till last and from what I’ve heard people will put boards on the back burner for the duration of the class so this is something im trying to take into account.

Im just trying to pick out my pre-dedicated goals rn and also plan on using cram fighter for that

1.What I dont get is when people say they “finished” certain qbanks before dedicated, are they doing questions from systems they havent done yet throughout the year? May just be a difference in curiculum im not grasping.

If so i feel like thats very low yield, i wont finish all the systems till may but was considering to starting UWORLD in dec. Theres no way i could finished either Rx or Kaplan by that time since i wouldnt have done two classes yet though.

2.I think i get something like 7-8weeks of dedicated, would it be advisable to just stick with rx/kaplan until dedicated and hold off on uworld till im 100% done with all the systems and start off doing timed random? My school saves our hardest most frustrating class till last and from what I’ve heard people will put boards on the back burner for the duration of the class so this is something im trying to take into account.

Im just trying to pick out my pre-dedicated goals rn and also plan on using cram fighter for that
I think people just do the organ system along side classes and use the q bank for that particular organ. There are two schools of though on Uworld utilization. One says to use it as a learning tool along side classes, the other says to save it for dedicated. I havent seen data one way or the other, but I think I am going to use it alongside.

I think people just do the organ system along side classes and use the q bank for that particular organ. There are two schools of though on Uworld utilization. One says to use it as a learning tool along side classes, the other says to save it for dedicated. I havent seen data one way or the other, but I think I am going to use it alongside.

Ahhh gotcha, wasn’t sure if there was a majority recommendation on one of the two schools of thought or not.

Thats what im leaning towards, also leaning towards using tutor mode for the most part and once dedicated rolls around just doing all the NBMEs to practice timing and maybe the occasional timed random set.

Non-US IMG here, just graduated. I'm starting my prep in a month from now. Minimum prep duration is going to be around 9 months, so I 'll be taking the test no earlier than May. Let's just hope I don't bump into right into the time that they change their questions. All these weeks my mind was with everyone who had to wait more than a month to get their results back.

Basic plan is as follows :
1) Do Kaplan for most subjects + Pathoma, while annotating into FA. This should take around 12 weeks. It's an essential step though, since I have a lot of knowledge gaps in basic sciences plus our curriculum during med school had nothing to do with USMLE.
2) USMLERx QBank - 2 blocks/day
3) Second pass of FA ---> NBME 13 right after
4) Kaplan Qbank - 2,5 blocks/day ---> NBME 14 right after
5) UWorld - 1,5 block/day
6) NBME 15 --> UWSA1 --> NBME 16 --> NBME 17 --> NBME 19 --> Free 120 --> NBME 18 --> UWSA2
7) Sit the goddamn test.

I 've got at least a couple of research opportunities going on right now, that would lead to some publications and I wouldn't even have to leave my home while working on them. So I 've set no serious deadlines, I just want to finish all of the resources above in that order, no matter if it takes one or two months more than I had planned.

Hoping to match into IM. USCE is out of the question unfortunately, I' ll be going to the match with an observership at best. It all comes down to step scores now and I'm trying to score as high as I can. 250+ is my minimum target.

I am glad to join you all in this journey!

Last edited:
Guys/gals. Chill. Some of the respondents on this thread are yet to even start medical school and they are already the most popular commentators on the 2018 Step 1 thread which is quite shocking to say the least.
Many of the study plans touted here are downright ridiculous.
For interested parties still working through the process of M1 and 2, focus on "super thoroughly" understanding and destroying your class exams (shoot for the 90s or as high as you can get). If you do this alone and are among the top 5-10% of your class, you will almost certainly crush your exam with a prudently spent 6-7 week dedicated period.
If you really want to do Step 1 related stuff while going through M1 and 2, again, focus on understanding using a tried and true resource (like Boards and Beyond) and slowly pound through a Qbank (does not matter which one UWorld, Kaplan, RX, pick one). THAT IS ALL (1 resource + 1 Qbank).

All these plans of using 10 resources will most certainly not be followed through so don't waste your time. The popular idea of abandoning coursework and focusing on Step 1 fully in most instances leads to ruin/the attainment of less than full potential. A solid foundation is never built without the basics. Most of the resources that exist are for REVIEW, not for primary learning. I am still baffled by how people still neglect their M1/2 curricula and suddenly expect to have a solid foundation from "review resources". If you check the stories of the 270+ folks, a common thread is that they almost all killed M1/2. No matter how low yield your curriculum supposedly is, spend the time and learn the material well THE FIRST TIME. It is usually quite easy to spot anki faithful who can regurgitate details as quickly as their names but then for some reason get hammered on Qbank questions/NBMEs. Review resource foundations generally don't hold up when subjected to the winds of well thought out questions.

TL, DR; Focus on understanding material and crushing your M1/2 coursework as priority 1. If you have extra time, priority 2 = find a good understanding based resource (like BAB) and slowly go through 1 Qbank.
Source-did the following and crushed all Steps.
Peace.

Reactions: 12 users
Guys/gals. Chill. Some of the respondents on this thread are yet to even start medical school and they are already the most popular commentators on the 2018 Step 1 thread which is quite shocking to say the least.
Many of the study plans touted here are downright ridiculous.
For interested parties still working through the process of M1 and 2, focus on "super thoroughly" understanding and destroying your class exams (shoot for the 90s or as high as you can get). If you do this alone and are among the top 5-10% of your class, you will almost certainly crush your exam with a prudently spent 6-7 week dedicated period.
If you really want to do Step 1 related stuff while going through M1 and 2, again, focus on understanding using a tried and true resource (like Boards and Beyond) and slowly pound through a Qbank (does not matter which one UWorld, Kaplan, RX, pick one). THAT IS ALL (1 resource + 1 Qbank).

All these plans of using 10 resources will most certainly not be followed through so don't waste your time. The popular idea of abandoning coursework and focusing on Step 1 fully in most instances leads to ruin/the attainment of less than full potential. A solid foundation is never built without the basics. Most of the resources that exist are for REVIEW, not for primary learning. I am still baffled by how people still neglect their M1/2 curricula and suddenly expect to have a solid foundation from "review resources". If you check the stories of the 270+ folks, a common thread is that they almost all killed M1/2. No matter how low yield your curriculum supposedly is, spend the time and learn the material well THE FIRST TIME. It is usually quite easy to spot anki faithful who can regurgitate details as quickly as their names but then for some reason get hammered on Qbank questions/NBMEs. Review resource foundations generally don't hold up when subjected to the winds of well thought out questions.

TL, DR; Focus on understanding material and crushing your M1/2 coursework as priority 1. If you have extra time, priority 2 = find a good understanding based resource (like BAB) and slowly go through 1 Qbank.
Source-did the following and crushed all Steps.
Peace.

I agree with you that MS2 coursework is essential, that goes without saying. No one is going to ditch coursework and focus only on step 1 prep - show me at least 1 post here who said so. You just posted your ideas without actually checking what people post here. However, some things you said only work for those 5-10% of the class. Everyone is different. For below average students (we are talking about 50% surprise-surprise) killing coursework will not happen. Majority will struggle with coursework AND with step 1 in one way or another. I'm sure 5-10% gunners will do fine. So back to square one.

@Jesus1 I’m pretty sure everyone in this thread is starting M2 next month but thanks for your input

About to start MS2 and hoping to finish all of Sketchy (micro, pharm, path) before winter break. It feels like torture getting through it.

All right all right if we're all making plans and goals this early I'll join the game.

Not sure what I want to do yet, maybe derm, rads, ophtho, maybe IM, PM&R, non-op sports med. Who really knows?

So goal score 250+ (255 would be sweet) to keep my options open. Will be taking this beast in June 2019.

Hoping I can keep up with all you guys!

Step 1 in February

Goal: 260

Desired specialty: Dermatology

Current q-bank averages:
USMLERx - 86%
Kaplan - 87%

Plan to mark 100% of Firecracker and do cards every day until my exam. Complete Rx and Kaplan alongside organ systems. Start UWorld timed and random once I finish all organ systems, hopefully a month or so prior to entering dedicated. Using Boards and Beyond, Pathoma, Sketchy Pharm to learn material on first pass. Study completely independent of my school's curriculum.

So you’re doing Rx along with systems correct? Do you do tutor mode?

I guess I’ll chime in with my plan. DO student with a traditional curriculum, ~ top 1/3rd.

Goal: 240

Test date: end of May

Desired speciality: heme/onc

Did not use any outside resources or q-banks during M1 due to our traditional curriculum. But plan to start Rx in the fall and finish before dedicated. Will use FA, sketchy medical and pathoma alongside lecture materials and B&B to supplement weak areas. Not sure when I will start UW, either January-ish or may just save it for closer to dedicated because I tend to memorize questions and answers very easily. Hope to make a couple passes through most things for pattern recognition based on what the M3s have been saying. Can’t believe how time is flying. Good luck everyone!

I’ll join in on the fun. State MD school looking for a 230+

Interests: radiology and critical care (aka I have no clue)

About to finish a first pass through Sketchy micro and the plan is to keep mowing through Zanki, pathoma, and boards and beyond throughout the year.

Qbanks: Kaplan qbank until probably January and then I’ll focus more on Rx. I’ll start UWorld ~3 months out from test day.

Could you kindly share how many total questions are in each qbank (USMLERx, Kaplan)? Google search yields me varied results (and very wide ranges).

Kaplan Qbank has 2100+ questions and UW has 2200+ questions. (I put + sign because there are like 2134 and 2245 or so - I don't remember exactly). Haven't got other banks. From my class people who did closer to 5k - did great, those who did <2k did not as great. The rumor is (based on several studies that our school showed us) that every 100-200 questions increase score by 1 point. The graph they showed us was linear except for both ends.

Also, I'm doing Pathoma videos right now - and damn, Sattar is the man - he can explain pathology even to my grandma.

Kaplan Qbank has 2100+ questions and UW has 2200+ questions. (I put + sign because there are like 2134 and 2245 or so - I don't remember exactly). Haven't got other banks. From my class people who did closer to 5k - did great, those who did <2k did not as great. The rumor is (based on several studies that our school showed us) that every 100-200 questions increase score by 1 point. The graph they showed us was linear except for both ends.

Also, I'm doing Pathoma videos right now - and damn, Sattar is the man - he can explain pathology even to my grandma.
can you take subject exams in kaplan? Like is there an immuno block?

Yeah you can select which topics you want on your exams. I have only ever done them within the context of the system I was in so can’t give any insight into the quality or benefit of just doing the “immuno” questions but yes you can set it so you only take that subject.

Yeah you can select which topics you want on your exams. I have only ever done them within the context of the system I was in so can’t give any insight into the quality or benefit of just doing the “immuno” questions but yes you can set it so you only take that subject.
was just going through the immuno block , so was wondering if I should just purchase rx and kaplan right now.

was just going through the immuno block , so was wondering if I should just purchase rx and kaplan right now.
Maybe wait for sales - in my school we got discount for lots of things, not only Qbanks, but also Sketchy, Pathoma too.

Maybe wait for sales - in my school we got discount for lots of things, not only Qbanks, but also Sketchy, Pathoma too.
we already have that for sketchy and pathoma and the school gives us First aid and Uworld so the only things left are RX and Kaplan.

I do RX and Kaplan alongside organ systems. First, I do all RX questions associated with whatever system we are on. Then, I do all Kaplan questions.

I do the questions in batches of 10, on tutor mode, and I review every word of the explanations after each question. 10 questions takes around an hour to complete. I might take even more time on RX once I start 2nd year tomorrow because I haven’t been reading the associated First Aid snapshot, and I might start doing that.

Yes, I was surprised too how long it takes to go through them, since I have to read everything, all explanations and even google from time to time some unknown things.

Eh I’m going to purchase Rx but I only use Kaplan because my school provides free access to it. Same with the TrueLearn USMLE bank. I wouldn’t spend your money on Kaplan unless you get it at a big discount.

I do RX and Kaplan alongside organ systems. First, I do all RX questions associated with whatever system we are on. Then, I do all Kaplan questions.

I do the questions in batches of 10, on tutor mode, and I review every word of the explanations after each question. 10 questions takes around an hour to complete. I might take even more time on RX once I start 2nd year tomorrow because I haven’t been reading the associated First Aid snapshot, and I might start doing that.

Im a fan of reading the associated FA snapshot, it’s the only way i can force myself to read a book of charts and bullet pointed facts

Gets repetitive if youre doing it by organ system though, every other question it seems has at least one of the same pages. Most of the time i choose to skip the page if i just read it in the same block

Eh I’m going to purchase Rx but I only use Kaplan because my school provides free access to it. Same with the TrueLearn USMLE bank. I wouldn’t spend your money on Kaplan unless you get it at a big discount.
i really wanted to get close to 10 k questions in total in. Ive heard mixed things about kaplan, not sure where else to go for questions considering u world and rx make about 4k questions.

i really wanted to get close to 10 k questions in total in. Ive heard mixed things about kaplan, not sure where else to go for questions considering u world and rx make about 4k questions.

theres like 1.5k firecracker questions of meh-alright quality, plus a couple pre-made “practice exams” that i have never checked out if youre just trying to get a certain quantity of questions

theres like 1.5k firecracker questions of meh-alright quality, plus a couple pre-made “practice exams” that i have never checked out if youre just trying to get a certain quantity of questions
those are better than kaplan? If I go firecracker i might have to abandon zanki for it.

Fair point. I’m shooting for ~10k myself so maybe I’ll just force myself to finish Kaplan and TrueLearn too. I can’t decide if I want to do Rx on random or by system, seeing as I am already doing the other two by system.

I also plan on doing UWorld 2x. I want to start it in January and finish by dedicated and then do it again in dedicated to hammer home the details.

Yea. You can organize by systems or subjects or I think you can actually do both. So you can do only questions pertaining to pathology of kidneys or cardiology pharm, etc.

those are better than kaplan? If I go firecracker i might have to abandon zanki for it.

I would not advise doing both. I think you'd be spreading yourself too thin if you really try to commit to both.

I think kaplan is better IMO, but even with kaplan, rx, and uworld that only brings you to about 6-7k if youre not repeating qbanks youd need to add FC and maybe true learn to break 10k

In terms of flashcards if youre already doing zanki, stick with that. It would be a weird transition to start using FC cards as they are written very differently.

I know of some people that have FC and use its (what i would call a) database/ multiple choice questions, but use zanki for flashcards. Keep in mind this would be an expensive resource though

I think kaplan is better IMO, but even with kaplan, rx, and uworld that only brings you to about 6-7k if youre not repeating qbanks youd need to add FC and maybe true learn to break 10k

In terms of flashcards if youre already doing zanki, stick with that. It would be a weird transition to start using FC cards as they are written very differently.

I know of some people that have FC and use its (what i would call a) database/ multiple choice questions, but use zanki for flashcards. Keep in mind this would be an expensive resource though
I was hoping kaplan, U world, Rx, and NBME would bring me close to 10k.

I was hoping kaplan, U world, Rx, and NBME would bring me close to 10k.

Idk how many NBME exams are available, but those 3 qbanks combined would bring you to around 6,500 total. Most people I knew shooting for 10k questions or just a high question volume in general tried to do 2 passes of UWorld since it's basically the gold standard for Step 1 qbanks. If you search previous "Official Step 1" threads, there was someone who scored a 270+ who did like 12k questions and found a couple qbanks/sources I didn't know about. I'd find it for you but this is my first day off after a 100+ hour intern week and I don't feel like digging for 30 minutes to find it.

Idk how many NBME exams are available, but those 3 qbanks combined would bring you to around 6,500 total. Most people I knew shooting for 10k questions or just a high question volume in general tried to do 2 passes of UWorld since it's basically the gold standard for Step 1 qbanks. If you search previous "Official Step 1" threads, there was someone who scored a 270+ who did like 12k questions and found a couple qbanks/sources I didn't know about. I'd find it for you but this is my first day off after a 100+ hour intern week and I don't feel like digging for 30 minutes to find it.
Googled "usmle step 1 270+ who did like 12k questions" and found this thread at the top of my search. Dude is a SABA grad who got a 270 on step 1 and 276 on step 2. Got into his first choice IM residency, and is now doing a heme/onc fellowship.

Last edited:
Wow 12k questions is a LOT! However, I guess if one can go through them - that's basically every single variation of question they can ask on step 1 lol. After all there's just so many things they can ask.

I was thinking about making a new thread when I saw this so I’ll just ask here:

How do I first aid? I do zanki every day and my plan is to have most/all of it done by the end of January. I feel like I’m just not getting anything out of that dang book. And it takes forever.

If you memorize zanki is there really any point in reading FA before dedicated besides reference for q-bank questions?

For completeness sake:

OMS-II
Goal: ~230 would be awesome. I’m just a mere mortal.