COMLEX Official 2019 Comlex 1 Experiences and Scores Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ASGD1983

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's that time of the year. Anyone took new Comsae recently? Hopefully it's more predicitve than old ones that were all over the place - like +/- 100 points.
Also, interesting to hear if this years comlex is indeed changed? If anyone took it recently - please share your experience. Especially if you can compare it to previous year one.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What did you guys do the day before your exam? I was thinking about cramming last minute notes. But then I started thinking, if I did that it would very much likely cause me to think too much about what I still need to know... go over.. and would affect my sleep. The last thing I want is to not be able to sleep the day before the exam (which I'm prone to do). So I was thinking... 2 days before the exam, I pretend it's the day before the exam. I do my cram session then. Now the day before the exam, I go into nature, play sports, hit the gym, do something inspiring, yoga, meditate.. whatever will put me back into a confident, balanced mindset.
What do you guys think? What did you do day before the test and do you think it helped/hurt? Thanks.

I started to do a cram session and thought it was mixing up ideas and I was seeing too many topics and not improving much. I would say to pick a few topics that you struggle with that seem high yield and try to master them, or at least get a good idea of them. I found that to be more helpful.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone have hints at what the comlex level 1 average will be for the 2019-2020 testing cycle? It seems the average maybe loser to 2017-2018 based off average on my exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have hints at what the comlex level 1 average will be for the 2019-2020 testing cycle? It seems the average maybe loser to 2017-2018 based off average on my exam.
The test cycle ends in April and since testing is closed, I’m hoping they release this soon. Although I don’t know historically how quickly they release the percentiles after a year test cycle closes.

The test cycle ends in April and since testing is closed, I’m hoping they release this soon. Although I don’t know historically how quickly they release the percentiles after a year test cycle closes.

KCU generally has a class avg on level 1 above the national average and ours is 550 or so. My guess is between 525-540 for an average score for all test takers this past year

Reactions: 3 users
I am just worried because in the 2017-2018 cycle the average was 550 then 2018-2019 was 525ish, then on my score report this year the average bar on multiple people’s score reports hovered around 550, since their score was close to this bar.

I am just worried because in the 2017-2018 cycle the average was 550 then 2018-2019 was 525ish, then on my score report this year the average bar on multiple people’s score reports hovered around 550, since their score was close to this bar.

Maybe its changed, but the 550 avg bar in the score reports are for first time test takers. There should be another bar underneath that that shows the avg for all test takers. I believe that bar on mine was around a 525

NBOME releases the rolling average to schools periodically. Our school told us the national average for this cycle was a 535.

You probably already know but the percentile calculator thing is up From the nbome for this latest cycle. So you can punch in your number and if you wanted to find the 50%ile that should be pretty easy.
~535 is 50th percentile for those interested

You probably already know but the percentile calculator thing is up From the nbome for this latest cycle. So you can punch in your number and if you wanted to find the 50%ile that should be pretty easy.
I hadn’t seen that and I looked maybe 48 hours ago! Thank you!!

Hey guys, i'm a current OMS2.

My school's OMM department tests us on technique's in addition to the concept/dx.

Just want to clarify - are there specific technique questions on COMLEX?

Ex: where does the physician stand for XYZ technique. How to correctly position pt for CS (F SARA, etc). Where does your caudad hand go for this technique and which way does the physician force go? ...

If the content of the exam has been discussed on a different thread, please address me to it!

Thanks for the help!

My school's OMM department tests us on technique's in addition to the concept/dx.

Ex: where does the physician stand for XYZ technique. How to correctly position pt for CS (F SARA, etc). Where does your caudad hand go for this technique and which way does the physician force go? ...

If the content of the exam has been discussed on a different thread, please address me to it!

Thanks for the help!

Yes. You will have questions like this on COMLEX.

Reactions: 2 users

Thanks for the help!
Yes those questions are possible. !... COMQUEST and prayer would help you to answer those right.

Thanks for the help!
Do well on the medical questions and the OMM questions don't matter at all. It's like worrying about chapman's points on the board exams. Who cares? It's completely possible to do well on Comlex without getting worried about OMM so try not to stress it. Just pass your in-house OMM stuff.

Do well on the medical questions and the OMM questions don't matter at all. It's like worrying about chapman's points on the board exams. Who cares? It's completely possible to do well on Comlex without getting worried about OMM so try not to stress it. Just pass your in-house OMM stuff.

Truth. But im sure i wouldve scored 50-60 points higher on Level 1 and 2 if i had actually looked at OMM prior to taking them. lol

Thanks for your answers!
I can't imagine the time it would take to go back and study the nuance of all those techniques...