*** Official 2005 Step I Results Thread ***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigfrank

SDN Donor
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, let's get this off right. Results were just released in my neck of the woods, 12:00 EST.

Just like last year, let's have a cohesive thread. Be sure to mention your Step I score (of course!) and any other correlative material you choose (study plan, NBME exams, etc.).

Best of luck, let's keep it cordial.

Members don't see this ad.

This is the absolute worst thread I have ever had the displeasure to read. I can't believe so many fellow future (and probably present) docs are so petty and egotistical. It's amazing what you can pick up about someone by simply reading their posts.

I'm still a noob on this site and probably ask a lot of dumb*** questions, but after reading this, I've come up with some astute observations.

p53: You are such a freakin' baby. No one really cares what you got on Step 1, but I'm sure it's 50 points higher than what I will get in June '06. I hope you never post your score (because it will just prove how much of a wuss you are), and I hope your ego is permanently damaged. A 99 two-digit score and you're b****ing and moaning? Someone should punch you... hard.

BigFrank: You seem cool, but for some reason I get the feeling that you secretly laugh at everyone who scores less than you did. Every post seems to have some weird undertone to it. I dunno... you're odd, but hey, I'm taking your advice on how to study for Step 1.

Pox: Your avatar is disturbing. How does the little white dude's eyes go from being so far apart in the first frame to so close together in the last frame? Something is off there.

Everyone else: To all those who read this thread and didn't put up 230+, forget about those who did. They'll be the ones in cushy residencies and careers prescribing Benzaclin and Minocycline while we'll be the ones out pulling our weight. We will make the difference in the everyday man's life, not the $5 million dollar a year athlete with a torn meniscus or the egocentric movie star who wants a brow lift. And for those who did score 230+... congratulations on having, well, on having a good memory. There was this story of some famous guy who had a good memory, I just can't remember who at this moment.

That's it. Just thought I'd drop my opinion in here. I doubt anyone even reads this. Oh, and before someone goes and runs a background check on me, I'm an MS2 at a top 110 (yes, I meant to write one hundred and ten) allopathic medical school, I'm 23, I have a wife, a dog, a couple of friends... ok, only one friend... and I drive a Jetta. I've only posted about 15 times on here, most regarding 3rd year rotations, but I'm a longtime lurker. If anyone does a search on my posts, please reply to the "I need advice..." thread, I'd appreciate it.

I was going to run spell-check, but I figured p53 should feel that he serves some purpose in life.

One more thing... most of you need a reality check.

The world does not revolve around you.

Fif the Great said:
This is the absolute worst thread I have ever had the displeasure to read. I can't believe so many fellow future (and probably present) docs are so petty and egotistical. It's amazing what you can pick up about someone by simply reading their posts.

I'm still a noob on this site and probably ask a lot of dumb*** questions, but after reading this, I've come up with some astute observations.

p53: You are such a freakin' baby. No one really cares what you got on Step 1, but I'm sure it's 50 points higher than what I will get in June '06. I hope you never post your score (because it will just prove how much of a wuss you are), and I hope your ego is permanently damaged. A 99 two-digit score and you're b****ing and moaning? Someone should punch you... hard.

BigFrank: You seem cool, but for some reason I get the feeling that you secretly laugh at everyone who scores less than you did. Every post seems to have some weird undertone to it. I dunno... you're odd, but hey, I'm taking your advice on how to study for Step 1.

Pox: Your avatar is disturbing. How does the little white dude's eyes go from being so far apart in the first frame to so close together in the last frame? Something is off there.

Everyone else: To all those who read this thread and didn't put up 230+, forget about those who did. They'll be the ones in cushy residencies and careers prescribing Benzaclin and Minocycline while we'll be the ones out pulling our weight. We will make the difference in the everyday man's life, not the $5 million dollar a year athlete with a torn meniscus or the egocentric movie star who wants a brow lift. And for those who did score 230+... congratulations on having, well, on having a good memory. There was this story of some famous guy who had a good memory, I just can't remember who at this moment.

That's it. Just thought I'd drop my opinion in here. I doubt anyone even reads this. Oh, and before someone goes and runs a background check on me, I'm an MS2 at a top 110 (yes, I meant to write one hundred and ten) allopathic medical school, I'm 23, I have a wife, a dog, a couple of friends... ok, only one friend... and I drive a Jetta. I've only posted about 15 times on here, most regarding 3rd year rotations, but I'm a longtime lurker. If anyone does a search on my posts, please reply to the "I need advice..." thread, I'd appreciate it.

I was going to run spell-check, but I figured p53 should feel that he serves some purpose in life.

This always happens when someone "walks-in" on these kind of posts. You're definetly right. Some people on here need a life. I used to notice these kinds of things when I first started reading the Step 1 forum, but as time went on, I guess I became desensitized. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Fif the Great said:

Exellent post. :thumbup:

BTW, I only laugh at Pox in regards to the Step I. :love:

(I have the utmost of respect for everyone else who has gone through the arduous process. I think I scored higher than most people because I studied more than most people. As always, I'm more than happy to answer PM's...)

Fif the Great said:

YEAH! People who score higher than me are bad people who don't REALLY care about medicine!

I'm sure I'll run into you some day when I'm in orthopedics and have do an ORIF on your clavicle after you've fallen off your high horse.

Pompacil said:
YEAH! People who score higher than me are bad people who don't REALLY care about medicine!

I'm sure I'll run into you some day when I'm in orthopedics and have do an ORIF on your clavicle after you've fallen off your high horse.

Sure, perhaps it was wrong of me to generalize, but apparently my sarcasm and cynicism was lost to you. And to clarify, I haven't taken Step 1, but when I do, I can guarantee that I won't be on this forum crying about getting a 90+ two-digit score.

Also, the last thing I am on is a high horse. I'm thankful every day that I have the opportunity to be in medical school. My ability is nothing of my own and is from a higher power. Some of my colleagues (and many people on here) seem to feel entitled to their education. People should be thankful and realize what an opportunity they have and not whine about getting a score most people would die for, just because they aren't as competitive to get into a derm residency. Give me a break. That's what I don't like.

And you don't know anything about me, and I don't know anything about you. But one thing I did notice was this:

Nice assumption... who's on a high horse now? :rolleyes:

By the way, what's an ORIF? I must've skipped class that day. :thumbup:

Fif the Great said:
Sure, perhaps it was wrong of me to generalize, but apparently my sarcasm and cynicism was lost to you. And to clarify, I haven't taken Step 1, but when I do, I can guarantee that I won't be on this forum crying about getting a 90+ two-digit score.

Also, the last thing I am on is a high horse. I'm thankful every day that I have the opportunity to be in medical school. My ability is nothing of my own and is from a higher power. Some of my colleagues (and many people on here) seem to feel entitled to their education. People should be thankful and realize what an opportunity they have and not whine about getting a score most people would die for, just because they aren't as competitive to get into a derm residency. Give me a break. That's what I don't like.

And you don't know anything about me, and I don't know anything about you. But one thing I did notice was this:

Nice assumption... who's on a high horse now? :rolleyes:

By the way, what's an ORIF? I must've skipped class that day. :thumbup:

Good post. :thumbup: If I were a moderator, I think this would be a good time to close the thread.

let's see if this thread sets the record as the longest lasting evar!

Let's see if we'll still be talking about 2005 scores in 2007!!! I have a feeling we will...

Pox in a box said:
Good post. :thumbup: If I were a moderator, I think this would be a good time to close the thread.
Yes, after you derailed the entire thread, it is gratifying that you're the one [still] whining. ;)

bigfrank said:
Yes, after you derailed the entire thread, it is gratifying that you're the one [still] whining. ;)

You win. Here's your trophy (imagine a crystal cup with sparkling jewels). Goodbye and thanks for watching. Until next year!

Good luck on Step 2. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
This is getting ******ed.

BF, you are acting like a douchebag. You love giving advice and seeing all of your believers try and emulate you. Time after time, you've shown us in many ways that you love your step1 score so much that you probably masturbate about it. You think Pox is a fraud and you think that every one would appreciate your input on that matter, so you post over and over the same sophomoric bull**** that every one is tired of (well everyone except your devotees). Numerous people have hinted to shut the hell up and you don't respond. You may be the one who has every one sold in the arena of step 1, but the way you act has me thinking that you'll be still talking about step 1 and posting on this forum when you are a senior resident, and maybe even the type of guy who'll participate in boards-review sessions so you can remind every one again that you kicked its ass.

Pox, you are as much to blame for all this as any one. You act blameless in your posts, but if you objectively take a look at some of the garbage you post, you'd understand why every one is sick of it. You egg people on when you post all sorts of advice and don't provide any one with any kind of credibility. And, whenever BF follows you around like a cyber jock you fall for it and make an ass out of yourself.

For the sake of all that use these forums to gain valuable information and advice, can you both stop all this crap? Seriously, it is really stupid and childish. You both have shown that you get off by being exhibitionists, but maybe you should just keep it to your self. You might realize that people would appreciate it.

souljah1 said:

BF, you are acting like a douchebag. You love giving advice and seeing all of your believers try and emulate you. Time after time, you've shown us in many ways that you love your step1 score so much that you probably masturbate about it. You think Pox is a fraud and you think that every one would appreciate your input on that matter, so you post over and over the same sophomoric bull**** that every one is tired of (well everyone except your devotees). Numerous people have hinted to shut the hell up and you don't respond. You may be the one who has every one sold in the arena of step 1, but the way you act has me thinking that you'll be still talking about step 1 and posting on this forum when you are a senior resident, and maybe even the type of guy who'll participate in boards-review sessions so you can remind every one again that you kicked its ass.

Pox, you are as much to blame for all this as any one. You act blameless in your posts, but if you objectively take a look at some of the garbage you post, you'd understand why every one is sick of it. You egg people on when you post all sorts of advice and don't provide any one with any kind of credibility. And, whenever BF follows you around like a cyber jock you fall for it and make an ass out of yourself.

For the sake of all that use these forums to gain valuable information and advice, can you both stop all this crap? Seriously, it is really stupid and childish. You both have shown that you get off by being exhibitionists, but maybe you should just keep it to your self. You might realize that people would appreciate it.

Who's willing to bet that both BF and Pox wil reply to this with something along the lines of "You are right, but s/he started it........"

Or far worse, keep posting regardless of souljah's much applauded call to shut the hell up.

BF and Pox, please............if its just gonna be inflammatory, stop posting. Its just getting ridiculous now.

where is the *** Official 2006 Step I Results Thread *** ????????????????????

we need to start that NOOOOOOOOOW. the 2005 thread is getting too lengthy

Im a carribean med school student and I will be taking step 1 in June. I have noticed that there are some very good scores on this forum so i was hoping i could get some adice. OK first off i want to take a review course and im trying to decide between Falcon and Kaplan. Ok so my basic science grade are not that great I am a "c" student :( , so any advice would be great like what books are best to use etc... thanks in advance

souljah1 said:

Excellent post. For the record, I only masturbated on my score ONCE. But I've, on the interview trail, seen 4-5 PD's do so..... :D

YouDontKnowJack said:
let's see if this thread sets the record as the longest lasting evar!

Let's see if we'll still be talking about 2005 scores in 2007!!! I have a feeling we will...

THE alpha male is back. :thumbup:

bigfrank said:
Excellent post. For the record, I only masturbated on my score ONCE. But I've, on the interview trail, seen 4-5 PD's do so..... :D

:laugh: :laugh:

Which arm muscles are used the in masturbation?????????
I think this was on my Step I but dont let NMBE know I put this up... :D

P.S. BF dont let the hatters keep you from putting up a Step II writeup.

It has been has been mentioned that some people use something called USMLE Secrets can someone please tell me where i can find this? thanks

chak_de_phatee said:
:laugh: :laugh:

Which arm muscles are used the in masturbation?????????
I think this was on my Step I but dont let NMBE know I put this up... :D

P.S. BF dont let the hatters keep you from putting up a Step II writeup.
No worries! Hope your year is going well, chak....

coocoo said:
Im a carribean med school student and I will be taking step 1 in June. I have noticed that there are some very good scores on this forum so i was hoping i could get some adice. OK first off i want to take a review course and im trying to decide between Falcon and Kaplan. Ok so my basic science grade are not that great I am a "c" student :( , so any advice would be great like what books are best to use etc... thanks in advance

I failed first time around and then took the Kansas City course. Don't have my scores back yet, but thought course was good.

i'm a pre dental student, i am applying this year...........

.......i'm reading the posts above, WHAT HAS MED SCHOOL DONE to my future health care professional colleauges???

244/99
First Aid
Q-bank 100% completed 73%
BRS biochem
Pretest pharm-sucks

Step 1: 256/99

Started Q bank in November and was repeating questions by the time I took it in June. I recommend reading First Aid (Start in november too), the checker boards (Path, micro, phys, etc), and High Yield (pharm). The earlier you start the smoother the exam goes. :sleep:

Can someone tell me whether you can write down equations on the laminated sheet provided once I started the exam? I just thought having some pharm kinetics equations written out might be useful during the exam. thanks.

drcushing said:
Can someone tell me whether you can write down equations on the laminated sheet provided once I started the exam? I just thought having some pharm kinetics equations written out might be useful during the exam. thanks.

absolutely

Remember kids:

Value as a human male = 25(penis size in inches) + (USMLE step 1 score) + (Max bench press) + 10(number of women you've slept with) + 100(log10(Net worth in dollars))

Anyone who says otherwise is a stupid liberal hippie!

I think this has already been posted somewhere in this thread, but I haven't seen class ranks posted with scores, recently. I was curious what your class ranks are? and how much does class rank correlate with Step 1 scores?

Thanks!

Callogician said:
Remember kids:

Value as a human male = 25(penis size in inches) + (USMLE step 1 score) + (Max bench press) + 10(number of women you've slept with) + 100(log10(Net worth in dollars))

Anyone who says otherwise is a stupid liberal hippie!

Are you telling me I could make up for my penis being chopped off by bench pressing an extra 160 pounds????

I think your formula needs some work.

p53 said:
Good point, but the reason residents and attending don't ask your score is because they already know your score, or have ready access to it. The one exception is surgery. If you are in Surgery they might not care enough about you to know your score. Still if you have told your attending that Surgery is a career you are considering, they know your Step 1 score.

One more thing, if you are ever asked about your Step 1 score (which I doubt will happen) you better give the real answer because they can verify it.

Ok I'm experiencing a slow day of research and I was following this thread out of curiosity (and I'm so glad I didn't read this before I took the Boards) but this is absolutely 100% not true. Only the administration has access to your records and the only faculty member I can even imagine a medical student wanting to share this information with would be their advisor. (I guess I can only speak for my own school, which I have seen mentioned a couple of times on this thread.)

So if you did well, good job! And if you didn't, it's important but it's certainly not a deal breaker. But don't worry that people who'll be evaluating you through your clinical rotations are going to judge you based on your Step 1 scores or anything.

plusminus said:
Are you telling me I could make up for my penis being chopped off by bench pressing an extra 160 pounds????

I think your formula needs some work.

Dude, muscles are hot. And if you think just a penis gets the job done, obviously you've been hitting the books way too hard.

I am going to start studying for the boards starting monday. But I thought I'd might as well take the 150 question USMLE practice test now. So I averaged a 54%. For those who took the real thing, how bad of a shape do you guys think I am?

so how long did it take for you to get your score after you took the test?

i took mine today and i'm dying to know my score. i felt really good about it until the last section when i ran out of time to check all the answers. =(

80% USMLE practice test on their website
70% Qbank done - 70%

USMLE: 235
Q Bank
* Completed: 100% (plus some - I started redoing q's I got wrong)
* Method: by section as I studied
* Correct: 64% overall
Predictive Tests: 6 weeks before the test, predicted score of 186.
Results in: 3 weeks and 1 day

Our program doesn't have a pharm course. It doesn't have a separate path course. It doesn't have a separate embryology course. It does have about 10 weeks of time to study. I used 8 of those weeks.

What worked for me:
* Know physiology well
* Pharm cards (BRS)
* Microbio cards
* get started with flash cards ONLY early (like Christmas)

What didn't work:
* Checking email 50 times a day
* Stressing out so much in the last week I started feeling "foggy"

Two final notes: 1st) Take the last day to do something fun. I didn't and I regret that. You use that day to remind yourself that your score doesn't define who you are. 2nd) Any score over 251 should be considered a failure. You studied too hard. The highest screens are set at 230. Any score above that will get your application looked at by every residency program in the country.

DLPostName said:
Any score over 251 should be considered a failure. You studied too hard. The highest screens are set at 230. Any score above that will get your application looked at by every residency program in the country.
em....you are on SDN....if u havent noticed...posting previledges are only granted to folks with scores > '251' ...we dont care about how u got ur petty 230 :D (just kidding)....Congrats and Good job!