This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MSUCHM vs Wmed

• CHM

Votes: 23 63.9%
  • Wmed

Votes: 13 36.1%

• Total voters

Xone

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been blessed with a decision between Michigan State University College of Human Medicine (CHM) and Western Michigan University Homer Stryker School Of Medicine (Wmed). CHM has its reputation and Big 10 research resources; however, growing up in Michigan and as an MSU alum, a new experience outside both its campuses in East Lansing and Grand Rapids sounds appealing. Enter Wmed. Though it will be only in its third year, but I am already impressed with what is has to offer. As a private school it is free to select students well across the US, giving it an out of state feel for an in state student like myself. As a newer school, its shown that it will readily adapt to what is best for student success. With a smaller class size, simulation center, overall amazing facilities with sponsorship from the Stryker Corporation, it fits the bill as that new experience.

I have collected a lot of different views and would love to hear yours. Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

If cost is similar I'd go with the more establish and more respected school for sure.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't go to WMed. As a current student there, I can tell you it honestly sucks. The administration is making **** up as it goes along and the students aren't doing well on tests. Students are over-scheduled, struggling students are given ZERO help. If you don't do well in a course, you're basically shamed and made to feel bad by the administration. This school is trying way too hard to be something that it's not. Go to MSU. It's an established school, students there are generally happy, the curriculum works.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't go to WMed. As a current student there, I can tell you it honestly sucks. The administration is making **** up as it goes along and the students aren't doing well on tests. Students are over-scheduled, struggling students are given ZERO help. If you don't do well in a course, you're basically shamed and made to feel bad by the administration. This school is trying way too hard to be something that it's not. Go to MSU. It's an established school, students there are generally happy, the curriculum works.
Hi, now that it's been a year, do you still feel this way?