Michigan State University c/o 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
At least you got an update lol .....

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hmm, I’m not sure but it looks like you started 78 and I started 76 so the numbers should make sense now. Maybe they messed something up in the updates, I’m sure they’re busy right now.
I see! I was too lazy to go back lol yay for updates!

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally received an update, currently #3!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Hey current students or anyone from Michigan, do you guys reccomend the canine Lyme disease vaccine up there? I’m in the worst spot in the country for Lyme right now, and I need to decide whether to continue the vaccine or not when I booster my dogs next week.

Hey current students or anyone from Michigan, do you guys reccomend the canine Lyme disease vaccine up there? I’m in the worst spot in the country for Lyme right now, and I need to decide whether to continue the vaccine or not when I booster my dogs next week.
We definitely do recommend the Lyme vaccine! Get it and keep up on your flea and tick too! ESPECIALLY if you’re planning on going hiking/in the woods with your doggos

We definitely do recommend the Lyme vaccine! Get it and keep up on your flea and tick too! ESPECIALLY if you’re planning on going hiking/in the woods with your doggos

Thanks! My dogs are kept utd on flea prevention too. :)

I figured since you lived in a high Lyme area, but some people take them off in the winter up here since it gets cold af, but it’s still recommended to do year round since the deer ticks can survive the winter

Yeah those suckers are nasty. We have them all winter around here even though it gets so cold.

Yeah, we're starting to have alot more prevalence of Lyme in the state. It's been mostly around the backhand side of the state (west), but it's starting to come across.

Members don't see this ad :)
Another email that the class is full?? Way to rub it in lol

Reactions: 1 users
do any current students use an ipad instead of a laptop for class materials?

I think I read somewhere on D2L that they don’t recommend relying on a tablet for examplify and stuff

I use both, I prefer my iPad for notes and my laptop for exams but I know plenty of people who take their exams on their iPads as well and it works fine! Mostly personal preference, I def recommend the Apple Pencil with the iPad!

I've heard that Macbooks are OK, yet on 2DL it says we need a Windows 10 operating system... Is it just that they recommend Windows 10 or do we have to have a PC? Figured I'd ask here first before bugging admissions. If I email them for clarification, I'll post their response here.

I've heard that Macbooks are OK, yet on 2DL it says we need a Windows 10 operating system... Is it just that they recommend Windows 10 or do we have to have a PC? Figured I'd ask here first before bugging admissions. If I email them for clarification, I'll post their response here.
You will get a minimum required op sys sheet. I can tell you for last year ours said:

"Both Windows and Apple computers are compatible.

Windows Platform
a. For the Windows platform, the minimum requirements are any x86 or 64bit compatible computer with 4 GB RAM minimum, running Windows 10 or higher.
b.If you need to purchase a computer, we recommend one with at least 8 GB RAM and an i5 processor such as these.

Apple Platform
a.For Apple, the minimum requirements are any Intel Mac 2012 or newer with 4 GB RAM minimum, running Mac OS 10.11 or higher.
b.If you need to purchase a computer, we recommend any one of these.

Laptop Compatibility
a.Please note that the following devices/software systems are NOT compatible with all CVM software, and should not be used as your primary device:
i.Chromebooks
ii.Linux Laptops
iii.Tablets running Android –OR- iOS operating systems"

I cannot promise this hasn't changed and I recommend you wait until they send you specifics but since it's been asked in pm and on thread I am posting here.

Does anyone know what the “welcome ceremony” entails? Trying to find out if it’ll be worth it for my family to come up for it

Hey, so at least through my friends and family I have found that MSU campus is infamous for having bikes stolen. Is this still the case, and if I bring a bike (if I live close enough to bike) what kind of lock etc is rec?

Hey, so at least through my friends and family I have found that MSU campus is infamous for having bikes stolen. Is this still the case, and if I bring a bike (if I live close enough to bike) what kind of lock etc is rec?

A u-bar lock is usually best and make sure you lock the frame, not just a wheel. Wheels can be taken off if someone is determined.

Reactions: 2 users

This made me lol.

FYI - admissions said my macbook pro would be fine. It meets all computer requirements except running windows 10. They do not recommend using only an iPad or tablet as a substitute for a laptop.

FYI - admissions said my macbook pro would be fine. It meets all computer requirements except running windows 10. They do not recommend using only an iPad or tablet as a substitute for a laptop.

Thank you!! I had already ordered a new MacBook Pro on sale and was pretty worried when I saw the requirements.

Yes! I think I got the Greater Swiss Mountain Dog.

We were all so different!! I’m curious to how it’ll decide our houses haha

I'm over here like Harry Potter whispering to myself and hoping the "hat" will listen. Lol

Did anyone from the instate waitlist try to get a file review?

Hey guys, my husband and I finally moved into our new house a week ago. Does anyone know of any spots that dogs are allowed to swim in Lansing?

Hey ya'll, for you current students, did you guys actually have everything they suggested to buy before orientation? Or did you wait for financial aid refunds to come in? I'm thinking I'm going to get the things needed for lab at the very least and then wait for the refund for the rest because I'm poor :nailbiting: lol

Hey ya'll, for you current students, did you guys actually have everything they suggested to buy before orientation? Or did you wait for financial aid refunds to come in? I'm thinking I'm going to get the things needed for lab at the very least and then wait for the refund for the rest because I'm poor :nailbiting: lol
Can you be more specific? Are you referencing the summer sale?

Can you be more specific? Are you referencing the summer sale?

Pretty much, they gave us a list of things to get before orientation Aug 14th. I read that refunds are dispersed Aug 23rd (does that sound about right?) .
So things like dissection kits, coveralls, scrubs etc, would I be okay if I waited until my refund came to purchase those things? Things for labs I can probably afford to get ahead of time.

Pretty much, they gave us a list of things to get before orientation Aug 14th. I read that refunds are dispersed Aug 23rd (does that sound about right?) .
So things like dissection kits, coveralls, scrubs etc, would I be okay if I waited until my refund came to purchase those things? Things for labs I can probably afford to get ahead of time.
I bought everything aside from my dissection kit online for less. That being said, the summer sale goes towards my classes fundraising so :shrug: I think you are starting with animals in society as the first class so need coveralls and muck boots, some sort of scrubs (not required to wear the maroon unless a rule changes for you guys) and a lab coat I think. You won't need your dissection kit until musculoskeletal which I think is your third class so 6-8 weeks in?

some sort of scrubs (not required to wear the maroon unless a rule changes for you guys) and a lab coat I think.
The list right now says maroon scrubs. I was really hoping it would/will change cause I'm about to get 4 free pairs of grey ones before I leave my job *facepalm*

The list right now says maroon scrubs. I was really hoping it would/will change cause I'm about to get 4 free pairs of grey ones before I leave my job *facepalm*
I never wore maroon scrubs all year. Plus you can by some for $5 a set on the cvm yard sale Facebook page. There is a set of smalls listed right now

Well that makes me feel better. I was going to feel so sad to have the beautiful new scrubs sit in my closet.

The tech students just switched to grey scrubs in the clinic