Oregon State c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

misstrawberri

UC Davis c/o 2028
Reaction score
Haven't seen an Oregon thread yet! I am an OOS applicant! 😁 Has anyone received an email regarding their portal yet? Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

First time OOS! No emails yet

First Time OOS! I have so far created an applicant portal with OSU, but I think not much more will happen for a long time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Second time applicant, first time to Oregon OOS!!! No email about the portal yet

came here to ask about the portal too. i submitted my vmcas app on the 31st and still havent heard anything. i watched both webinars and was a little confused about whether admissions was rolling or not? i thought that one of the emails had mentioned that invitations would begin going out 2 weeks ago, or maybe that was invitations to the portal?

came here to ask about the portal too. i submitted my vmcas app on the 31st and still havent heard anything. i watched both webinars and was a little confused about whether admissions was rolling or not? i thought that one of the emails had mentioned that invitations would begin going out 2 weeks ago, or maybe that was invitations to the portal?
From the info I saw on VMCAS, there is an initial review of your application, and once that is completed you will get an invitation to create a portal. This procedure alone is what is a rolling basis from now until October, not the actual admissions if that makes any sense 😭

Does anyone know if it’s just a once over to be sure that the application has all the required materials, or is it more of an initial academic screen for outright denials off the bat?

I believe it's more of a "when we receive all items from your VMCAS application" and then you get a link to create your oregon portal. I got the email and opened my portal and while it has check marks next to all my items, it does still say under review! :) so it might just be they're still sorting through all your application pieces if you haven't gotten a link to create a portal yet!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
just received the email, if anyone else was confused here is the clarification:

"On behalf of the Oregon State University Carlson College of Veterinary Medicine Admissions Committee, we would like to thank you for your application to the 2024 DVM program. You will receive an invitation to our Applicant Portal shortly. You will need to set up a log-in and provide your social security number as well as residency information (for Oregon residents). You will also need to submit your $60 supplemental fee through the portal. Future messaging and updates on your application status will be sent out via the portal. If you have not received an invitation by tomorrow, please check your spam and promotions folder for a message from [email protected].

Our application review process will begin in October and admission decisions for non-resident and WICHE applicants will be sent via the applicant portal in late December or early January. Interviews (for select Oregon residents only) will take place in-person on Saturday, January 13, 2024 and interview invitations will be sent in December via the applicant portal."

Got my portal invite, very quick within a few hours of VMCAS verification. So exciting!

Finally got my portal invite today! I’m excited, it’s a reach as an Easterner OOS-er but OSU would be such a dream 👏

Reactions: 1 users
just received the email, if anyone else was confused here is the clarification:

"On behalf of the Oregon State University Carlson College of Veterinary Medicine Admissions Committee, we would like to thank you for your application to the 2024 DVM program. You will receive an invitation to our Applicant Portal shortly. You will need to set up a log-in and provide your social security number as well as residency information (for Oregon residents). You will also need to submit your $60 supplemental fee through the portal. Future messaging and updates on your application status will be sent out via the portal. If you have not received an invitation by tomorrow, please check your spam and promotions folder for a message from [email protected].

Our application review process will begin in October and admission decisions for non-resident and WICHE applicants will be sent via the applicant portal in late December or early January. Interviews (for select Oregon residents only) will take place in-person on Saturday, January 13, 2024 and interview invitations will be sent in December via the applicant portal."

I also got this!

I still haven’t heard anything from Oregon. Does anyone know how long it takes before they send something to you?

I still haven’t heard anything from Oregon. Does anyone know how long it takes before they send something to you?
If you’re out of state, they don’t send decisions until late December/early January.

Good luck to all the in-staters hopefully receiving interview invites in the coming couple weeks! Last year I got my invite on December 15th or 16th(can’t remember which but I filled out my registration on the 16th). Just in case any other in staters were curious on a timeline

Reactions: 2 users
To any IS who are curious ~ I emailed Tess to ask for more info on statistics and timeline for this year and she said they received a record number of IS applicants (148)! She also said they are aiming to send interview invites mid-December.

To any IS who are curious ~ I emailed Tess to ask for more info on statistics and timeline for this year and she said they received a record number of IS applicants (148)! She also said they are aiming to send interview invites mid-December.
Record in state I can only imagine the oos pool this year oof 😅😅

Awaiting application MMI Non-disclosure agreement showed up on my portal! No email though, still showing "Under review"
Fingers crossed!

Reactions: 8 users
Where in the portal are you seeing this?
It’s probably this one:

NOTIFICATION OF ADMISSION STATUS​

You will be notified of your admission status between December-February. Admission decisions will be posted to your Applicant Portal. You will also receive an email notifying you that an update has been posted.