Michigan State c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeanDVM

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! Didn’t see an MSU thread yet so I’m starting one! I’m a 3rd time IS applicant, hoping this is my year :) good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
First time applicant! Fingers crossed and best of luck to you!

Reactions: 1 users
First time IS applicant. Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Second time application! Got waitlisted last year. Crossing my fingers for this year. Good luck to everyone!

Hi guys! Didn’t see an MSU thread yet so I’m starting one! I’m a 3rd time IS applicant, hoping this is my year :) good luck to everyone applying!
Thank you for starting this thread! 3rd time IS applicant myself. Here’s to our year!! 🤞🏼☺️

• Love
1st time OOS applicant from AZ. We got this :)

Happy application day everyone!! Best of luck On a side note, is anyone else having issues with VMCAS right now?? I was quadruple checking my app and it kicked me off about 5 minutes ago and won’t let me sign back on, just keeps loading

Update: VMCAS hiccup worked itself out and application is submitted

Last edited:
2nd time OOS applicant! I was waitlisted last cycle!! Hoping for some better luck this time round! Good luck everyone :)

Thank you for starting this thread! 3rd time IS applicant myself. Here’s to our year!! 🤞🏼☺️
We’ve got this!! Third time is the charm, hopefully by the end of this we are classmates 🤞🏼🤩

First time OOS applicant from Ohio. Good luck everyone!:hello:

Hey, guys! Current IS second year at State. I’ll be lurking around the forum some if anyone has any questions about the program, school, etc as you wait for decisions, so don’t hesitate to reach out!

Best of luck to everyone! :)

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, third time OOS applicant here! Fingers are crossed this cycle. Good luck to everyone!

Specifically MSU second time OOS applicant (Overall vet school 5th time applicant), first time joining a forum here. Got waitlisted by MSU last year, hoping this time is the one. Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Hopefully we’ll hear something in the next week since it’s getting closer to the end of October

Reactions: 4 users
I can’t be the only one aggressively checking my email the past few days

• Haha
I can’t be the only one aggressively checking my email the past few days
You aren’t! My brain keeps being like “…. It’s the end of October” 🤣

Maybe they’ll send out invites in the next ten minutes? One could only hope lol

They are definitely waiting until Halloween just to scare us 👻

• Haha
Maybe they’ll send out invites in the next ten minutes? One could only hope lol
You think we’ll be hearing about interviews so early? When they said they’d reach out at the end of October I thought it might just be to let us know if our academic requirements were met.

You think we’ll be hearing about interviews so early? When they said they’d reach out at the end of October I thought it might just be to let us know if our academic requirements were met.
Yeah, last year they let us know November 8th because things were delayed. If you didn’t pass the academic requirements they usually would have told you by now.

Huh. My timeline was different last year. I was notified 11/17 that my academic requirements were met. Then I was rejected 12/17. So the ones invited to the Virtual Reception heard back earlier? That’s exciting, I wasn’t expecting to hear news from this school until December.

I remember sitting in class in early November or late October and getting the MSU rejection email last year.

Huh. My timeline was different last year. I was notified 11/17 that my academic requirements were met. Then I was rejected 12/17. So the ones invited to the Virtual Reception heard back earlier? That’s exciting, I wasn’t expecting to hear news from this school until December.
Are you instate or out of state? I’m in state so that’s when we heard last year.

Happy Halloween and Happy last day of October everyone 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Anyone think we are going to be hearing today? Checking my email every 10 minutes :rofl:

• Hmm
Still nothing over here :( Do y'all think they may send out communications later tonight? I was really hoping that 5PM would be it and I know quite a number of you are waiting anxiously as well. The wait is killing me!

My guess is they aren't sending them today and we're not going to hear by the end of October.
Maybe this Wednesday or Friday...? I know the email says "near the end of October" but I wish they'd send additional updates if/when their timeline changes.

That's quite the range of potential dates.
But those dates are just for the interviews. They have to let people know sooner than that. Michigan state sends out everything at once basically

But those dates are just for the interviews. They have to let people know sooner than that. Michigan state sends out everything at once basically
It says "applicants will be notified November through January".
Out to the side, it says interviews December through February. So I'm wondering if they're staggering things this year based on rank, IS/OOS status, or something super cryptic?
I don't want to receive any emails unless they're vet school related through Nocebuary.

It says "applicants will be notified November through January".
Out to the side, it says interviews December through February. So I'm wondering if they're staggering things this year based on rank, IS/OOS status, or something super cryptic?
I don't want to receive any emails unless they're vet school related through Nocebuary.

This. The notification dates typically have varied based on IS v OOS. In the past IS has heard sooner for certain things like virtual reception invites, CASPer testing, etc. Not sure but I’d think it takes longer for OOS solely off the fact there over 1000 more applications to sift through. Either way, the process seems SO long on our end and it’s easy to read into every email and piece of info given. Don’t read into it too hard though and try to be patient, or it’ll drive you crazy

Sincerely, fellow applicant who is trying so hard, and failing slightly to stay patient and limit email checks

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
First time IS applicant. This year MSU required 100% of prereqs to be completed before even applying, as opposed to 50% in previous years. I squeaked by with finishing my last two prereqs this summer, and was wondering if anybody else was feeling hopeful that the application pool would be thinned out at all by the new rule

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
First time IS applicant. This year MSU required 100% of prereqs to be completed before even applying, as opposed to 50% in previous years. I squeaked by with finishing my last two prereqs this summer, and was wondering if anybody else was feeling hopeful that the application pool would be thinned out at all by the new rule
That’s my hope as well

This. The notification dates typically have varied based on IS v OOS. In the past IS has heard sooner for certain things like virtual reception invites, CASPer testing, etc. Not sure but I’d think it takes longer for OOS solely off the fact there over 1000 more applications to sift through. Either way, the process seems SO long on our end and it’s easy to read into every email and piece of info given. Don’t read into it too hard though and try to be patient, or it’ll drive you crazy

Sincerely, fellow applicant who is trying so hard, and failing slightly to stay patient and limit email checks
Is Michigan State doing Casper testing this year? I didn't see anything on the website about it

Is Michigan State doing Casper testing this year? I didn't see anything on the website about it

I could be wrong, but I think they had you do it in previous years to replace the interview. But sounds like interviews are back so I’d assume (hope lol) not.

Nooo, thank goodness!! I despised the CASPer They put it in place of interviews during Covid, but luckily interviews are back on this year so no CASPer

My next guess is The 8th because it’s a full moon and it’s an eclipse sooooo

• Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 9 users
3xx0.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
Never before has my junk mailbox gotten this much attention

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
So... not today, it seems.
Every day of November is torture.

Reactions: 5 users
same here, so much for the end of October right? haha, we should be hearing back this week though i think! fingers crossed

Last year I didn’t hear back until December 17th, so it could still be a little while. The wait is killing me

• Care