medstudents entering the match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know from personal experience that you can't always trust the salaries reported online for some state academic institutions. If they seem crazy low, they likely are. Many will list the 'academic' portion of their salary online but won't list another hospital or professional fee component that brings their salaries up higher. not to mention bonuses. of course academics pays less than PP, but the public record may seem lower than reality

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
That is factually incorrect. Like completely fake news about the maternity leave for residents, unless they got rid of it and are now re-instituting it. I know at least one former UPMC resident is on here.

See research letter in JAMA that states no maternity leave for UPMC beyond sick leave or short term disability and no paternity leave besides vacation:

See UPMC GME Policy -> Don't see maternity/paternity leave in the GME policy?

See below from Sushil Beriwal as well on paternity leave:

See news article about UPMC starting paid parental leave for employees. Dated January 2019

Reactions: 2 users
Damn. who's your daddy?

radoncdoc16 bout to claim paternity leave with how bad he just sonned ROFallingDown

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Damn. who's your daddy?

radoncdoc16 bout to claim paternity leave with how bad he just sonned ROFallingDown

Glad that was cleared up.... Reminded me of this:

Because the same people lie consistently. There is a benefit to open discussion, to complaining, to offering opinions. When we get into fact based things (as has happened in past), and we clarify the truth, no one says anything.

Shut down nonsense. Keep SDN from looking bad. Why is this hard? You responded to me, yet lies remain.

Damn. who's your daddy?

I’m kind of confused and curious, can somebody translate this in a way that it’s clear to somebody over 45 years old!

Edit: never mind I figured it out in context after looking over the above posts again ... not gonna lie that was creative!

Reactions: 1 users
Ha! Yes, I got owned. And, yes, I was harsh in my initial statement and using an anecdote.

Checked into it. In the past it had been done, but was not officially sanctioned. It had been allowed by the program and the program specifically. GME cracked down.

So, yes, I stand corrected. UPMC does not have any leave policy. My bad for faulty information

The UPMC chair is a known woman bully. It is no wonder they continue to go unfilled! They will not fill again this year. Canaries are speaking. Open up your ears!

The UPMC chair is a known woman bully. It is no wonder they continue to go unfilled! They will not fill again this year. Canaries are speaking. Open up your ears!

A known bully, overall! Agree, will not fill. But maybe half programs or more won’t, with current application numbers and double appliers?

Lot of borderline programs gonna be left unfilled this year.

City of Hope? more like City of Existential dread! SUNY Upstate, WVU etc.

Ha! Yes, I got owned. And, yes, I was harsh in my initial statement and using an anecdote.

Checked into it. In the past it had been done, but was not officially sanctioned. It had been allowed by the program and the program specifically. GME cracked down.

So, yes, I stand corrected. UPMC does not have any leave policy. My bad for faulty information

Yes you were factually incorrect ;)

Ok now I’m done with it :)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
You know what’s hilarious on twitter right now? People looking at this like it’s a good thing - “Before you would have never had a chance, but now, even you, Harold, could match at Harvard!”

• Haha

Would rather go to an established program like upstate over wvu or Arkansas personally, given the choice, considering none of the locations is ideal.

At this rate though, the bottom half likely won't fill much, if at all

Last edited:
When you need to advertise your field on twitter, you’re in a bad bad place.

Derm is like an exclusive club with a bouncer and radonc is the run down dive bar next door with a flashing neon sign saying “Cold Beer.”

Hehe ... Did I say next door? I meant “1000 miles away in the middle of nowhere.”

Thanks academia!

flickering C LD BE R sign tho, like half the letters don’t work, maybe a worn down prostitute with a few teeth missing smoking a cig outside. Nearby is a nasty fast food place, smell of burnt oil and fries fills the air. The hang over is terrible next day. You kinda like it tho

Last edited:
  • Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
I've been straight up laughed at by a half dozen academic places over the phone (and more recently in person) for asking for MGMA median. My most recent offer was about half of MGMA median. Please let me know who is hiring at that salary with a reasonable RVU target so I can apply. Thanks

In response to this post, I got a PM for a low tier academic job that needs docs for "main center" (ok thanks) to be a generalist rad onc for $350k/year no bonus. That's rad onc jobs in a nutshell. I'm sure they can find a new grad for it.

• Sad
  • Haha
  • Angry
In response to this post, I got a PM for a low tier academic job that needs docs for "main center" (ok thanks) to be a generalist rad onc for $350k/year no bonus. That's rad onc jobs in a nutshell. I'm sure they can find a new grad for it.

There’s always one sucker with low self esteem who feels better telling their friends/family that they are “academics” or “work for prestigious hospital”...

• Angry

Dude jokes on you you’re the one who constantly posts how miserable you are. Stay in your sad sack job, but that’s the choice you keep making

• Sad
Dude jokes on you you’re the one who constantly posts how miserable you are. Stay in your sad sack job, but that’s the choice you keep making

Yeah perfect. I can join another high hour, low paying clinical academic job with no possibility of advancement. That's cool, why don't I just roll the dice that people will treat me better in my new job and move my family across the county to check?

• Haha
Yeah perfect. I can join another high hour, low paying clinical academic job with no possibility of advancement. That's cool, why don't I just roll the dice that people will treat me better in my new job and move my family across the county to check?

Fact that you think so low of yourself tells me a lot more about you than any place who offers you a job. Maybe you’re “stuck” for a reason? Time to do some introspection? Attitude issues?

Last edited:
It's academics. Academics promotes based on publications. If you're a general rad onc doing all sorts of random stuff, how are you going to get publications?

You know what, yeah it's all my fault. Ok feel free to bash away. I'm out.

It's academics. Academics promotes based on publications. If you're a general rad onc doing all sorts of random stuff, how are you going to get publications?

There are a lot of ‘academic’ places that have salary structures based literally nothing on promotion or publications.

Have you talked to people at all or are you just keeping to yourself, assuming?

No need to troll. $350k/year for someone who is BC with years of experience is a low-ball offer.

There are a lot of ‘academic’ places that have salary structures based literally nothing on promotion or publications.

Have you talked to people at all or are you just keeping to yourself, assuming?
Sounds like you graduated this past year based on your username? Is Duke incorrect? Do you have plenty of experience to counteract that?

From what I've heard the market is fairly tough now if you're looking to change jobs, and Duke isn't the only one on this forum who has said it

You clearly have a very low opinion of yourself and your own abilities. Thats SAD. Good luck to you. Nobody is going to hand you anything no matter what “experience” you have. It sucks, i agree but your choices are stay in your terrible situation or maybe roll the dice and believe in yourself a bit more. I find it pretty sad that you think you cant thrive anywhere. You are pulling a victim card that does not even cash in with me, and im one of the most supportive understanding people you would ever meet as far as your situation. You better grow some fortitude or nobody is going to hire you!!

Hope it's a major metro...

My job is below median, with a mix of incentives, in a department that has used this structure and has had several departures of newer attendings, as well as lateral movement of junior faculty to side positions with limited upside. IT has been since this way for a number of years. The job was accepted due to location, so I knew what I was getting into and what the hard limits for me getting out are.

I'm not interested in what I would make as a lawyer, or an engineer, etc. I am interested in what my potential is, both financial and personally, since I do find this field personally rewarding, relative to other choices I could have made knowing that I made a $300,000 investment in education and 9 years of debt living and debt servicing after college. For what it's worth I choose the cheapest medical school available for my situation.

My employer does not offer any tuition payments for my children. I have 'administrative' time which is violated with scheduled patient care activities about 40-50% of the time. I work 60-70 hours per week. Some of this is me getting involved in projects, but at a bare minimum I have only twice had sub 50 hour weeks in the last 4 months, and between a mix of meetings, tumor boards, and responsibilities have at least 1 and frequently 2 days per week of 12 hours being 'physically present' in a facility. I am not in private practice, but would be more accepting of a grueling schedule if it is building toward a partnership track or helping the group who invested in me. And at 60-70 hours sustained after training, I consider that grueling. There are definitely people in this field who have a better job than I as well, and that should be acknowledged.

Don't really care if programs SOAP, if FMGs enter the field, and relative to a lot of people I still have a 'good' job and life is what it is. Dealing with cancer patients provides perspective. Always support people knowing what they are getting themselves into.

• Angry
You clearly have a very low opinion of yourself and your own abilities. Thats SAD. Good luck to you. Nobody is going to hand you anything no matter what “experience” you have. It sucks, i agree but your choices are stay in your terrible situation or maybe roll the dice and believe in yourself a bit more. I find it pretty sad that you think you cant thrive anywhere. You are pulling a victim card that does not even cash in with me, and im one of the most supportive understanding people you would ever meet as far as your situation. You better grow some fortitude or nobody is going to hire you!!

I think you are being a bit harsh to Duke. I know of several docs that have been unable to find good jobs despite being good rad oncs. Easy to criticize without being in someone else’s shoes. These days jumping from one job to another does not always promise success. Having to be burned multiple times can wear on anyone. So give the guy a break as no need to be harsh. Good luck Duke and keep your chin up!

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Fact that you think so low of yourself tells me a lot more about you than any place who offers you a job. Maybe you’re “stuck” for a reason? Time to do some introspection? Attitude issues?
Is it really so shocking for someone to say that a 100% clinical job at a university has no chance to build a successful publication record? Isn't putting out meaningful research the point of staying in academics for most people? So yes, I think many people would think it would be unclear that this job with academic pay but private practice responsibilities would be worth moving for.

• Haha
How bad is the job market this year? I'm at a lower tier academic place, and we've interviewed at least one and sometimes several graduating residents from every top-5 rad onc program for low paying 100% clinical satellite positions.

I recently heard from someone I know who used to work at a top academic program who took a job 4 hours from the nearest metro/major airport to get out of their increasingly malignant position. I know someone else who bailed from here recently to go far rural as well since it was their only option. What a nightmare.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users
To be fair Duke, I've known people "bailing out of bad academic department to go rural" as far back as 2010. The market is pretty bad, however, it will get worse probably.

How bad is the job market this year? I'm at a lower tier academic place, and we've interviewed at least one and sometimes several graduating residents from every top-5 rad onc program for low paying 100% clinical satellite positions.

I recently heard from someone I know who used to work at a top academic program who took a job 4 hours from the nearest metro/major airport to get out of their increasingly malignant position. I know someone else who bailed from here recently to go far rural as well since it was their only option. What a nightmare.

To be fair Duke, I've known people "bailing out of bad academic department to go rural" as far back as 2010. The market is pretty bad, however, it will get worse probably.
Agree, it seems to be happening more commonly though. There were plenty more options in 2010 in many more parts of the country than there are now, subjectively speaking

you consistently misrepresent your situation on here. The implication with your post posts is that you have “no way out” and are applying all over but nobody will give you an opportunity. Yet, you appear to be swatting away opportunities as “bad” even though you say you’re in a pretty dreadful situation. Clearly to anybody reading your posts, it is apparent there is more to your story. Maybe you are not as “open” as you seem? Either way, this posters story clearly does not tell full story here folks. I certainly wish you the best and pray for resolution of your situation

I get that the future looks really, really bleak, and I don’t discount that. I also agree that ABR and ASTRO are failing us (boards and otherwise). But, to say that “currently” things are so so bad, that’s a really hard sell. I’m not minimizing Duke’s misery.

I’m just not seeing it. The offers are still pretty good. Mid career people still making good money. Private practice guys still doing great. OTN and Alligator and GFunk are in what they claim are good cities and doing well. Our IDW buddy KHE is having to bulldoze beaucoup cash into his rural ranch. There are academics here that are very comfortable with how they are doing. Most of my friends around the country are comfortable.

It is going to get really bad. The writing is on the wall. Misfortune will strike us all unless leadership makes some changes and actually start looking out for those of that actually treat patients.

But, the offers I’ve received are still fair. People doing fine. Idk. I’m not saying things will not get drastically worse. But, there is an element of victimhood here in this story that either I’m missing a substantial piece of or it’s just one terrible and unfortunate anecdote.

These are true stories. Hate me or claim that it's the status quo if you want. I'm not engaging with you folks about details about my situation. It could always be worse and at least I'm still employed.

PS: If OTN's group ever wants to hire me he knows I'm available. A man can dream.

• Haha
I get that the future looks really, really bleak, and I don’t discount that. I also agree that ABR and ASTRO are failing us (boards and otherwise). But, to say that “currently” things are so so bad, that’s a really hard sell. I’m not minimizing Duke’s misery.

I’m just not seeing it. The offers are still pretty good. Mid career people still making good money. Private practice guys still doing great. OTN and Alligator and GFunk are in what they claim are good cities and doing well. Our IDW buddy KHE is having to bulldoze beaucoup cash into his rural ranch. There are academics here that are very comfortable with how they are doing. Most of my friends around the country are comfortable.

It is going to get really bad. The writing is on the wall. Misfortune will strike us all unless leadership makes some changes and actually start looking out for those of that actually treat patients.

But, the offers I’ve received are still fair. People doing fine. Idk. I’m not saying things will not get drastically worse. But, there is an element of victimhood here in this story that either I’m missing a substantial piece of or it’s just one terrible and unfortunate anecdote.
Depends on where you are looking I think. It's slim pickings in my neck of the woods and the southeast in general from what I've seen unless you're looking at rural ms or ga or something. The only Atlanta jobs I've seen posted are from that malignant group or the occasional Emory listing

Last edited:
you consistently misrepresent your situation on here. The implication with your post posts is that you have “no way out” and are applying all over but nobody will give you an opportunity. Yet, you appear to be swatting away opportunities as “bad” even though you say you’re in a pretty dreadful situation.
Seems like the opportunities are just as bad as where he is at from what I gather from his postings. A symptom of a bad job market.

I'm guessing Duke will just have to open up geographically to find a decent job. I still see ownership track positions being offered on the ASTRO site in podunk middle America several hours from the nearest major metro.

Last edited:
I feel your pain. I would say this. Do not stay with one place fore more than 5 years, even if you don't get promoted to Ass. Prof., the next place will ultimately take those years into account for advancement.

These are true stories. Hate me or claim that it's the status quo if you want. I'm not engaging with you folks about details about my situation. It could always be worse and at least I'm still employed.

PS: If OTN's group ever wants to hire me he knows I'm available. A man can dream.

Would you mind elaborating? What’s the reason NOT to stay more than 5 years? Thanks.

Also btw KHE should hire Duke

Also FYI - lots of people apply broadly. They are smart to. Let me know when one of those top 5 program grads takes a ‘low paying’ (if true) satellite job in the middle of nowhere, keep us updated duke

I mean i'm just a student trying to gauge what is real and what is not. Aren't those guys long time folks who graduated like 10+ years ago and were able to secure positions more easily back then? As a med student, I'm more interested in what folks (residents) are facing when applying for jobs these days. I feel unless you're a graduating resident or currently looking for a new position, you may have a slight bias (it's easy to already be employed and dismiss the other guys' stories out there on the field).

I mean i'm just a student trying to gauge what is real and what is not. Aren't those guys long time folks who graduated like 10+ years ago and were able to secure positions more easily back then? As a med student, I'm more interested in what folks (residents) are facing when applying for jobs these days.

Correct. My general feeling on "peak" radonc is that the market was best from the turn of the century through 2014-2015 or so. That's around the time when residency expansion really ramped up and hypofx started going mainstream, first for breast and now into other sites, not to mention increasing sbrt.

This is my take based on speaking to graduates looking for jobs, checking out the ASTRO site and knowing my geographic area and speaking to other practitioners is that it's been tough since around 2015 or so and getting worse every year in many major metros.

Much less likely to find a good job in a decent metro or close to one, and less of an ability to lateral from an existing job to an equivalent job elsewhere.

Last edited:
I mean i'm just a student trying to gauge what is real and what is not. Aren't those guys long time folks who graduated like 10+ years ago and were able to secure positions more easily back then? As a med student, I'm more interested in what folks (residents) are facing when applying for jobs these days. I feel unless you're a graduating resident or currently looking for a new position, you may have a slight bias (it's easy to already be employed and dismiss the other guys' stories out there on the field).

Yeah ...

I don't disagree. You're right. For 5-7-10 years from now, the future doesn't look good for entering students. It's not that I'm biased about the present. The present is what it is.

They completely bungled it with their predictions, first saying we had too few and then realizing we had too many. And this happens with a lot of fields - the predictions are wrong and things end up either worse or better than expected. I don't many other specialties very well, but I would say from my perspective - medical oncology was in no way considered the field that it was when I was even an intern, but now it is very exciting, very lucrative, and still on the ascent. That was in a very short period of time. I wish I could be a medical oncologist - no joke. I'm jealous of their field. I think there are certain optho specialties, gastroenterologists, dermatologists and pain management folks that make far more than I ever though was possible when I was graduating medical school. Things changed really quickly. And who knows what will happen to them. Even 5 years ago, yes, we heard footsteps (especially on SDN), but it really didn't seem dire, until it became so.

My thinking is that for the remainder of my career, I should make just about what I make now, or a little bit less, but it won't be horrendous. Maybe that's false optimism, or blind faith, maybe it's laughable, maybe it's stupidity - I don't know. I know that the last few years things have been relatively stable in our neck of the woods, and there is some good growth. Volumes are higher, it takes more work to earn the same amount, but a lot of practices are well situated to do things similarly. I can practice in a way that is medically and ethically sound, have a good QOL with a 35-37-ish hour work week, with another 2-3 hours after hours total per week. I make enough money. I can't really afford a Lamborghini or Berkin Bag or a beach house or a mountain home. That's okay. When I graduated, I thought I would earn a lot more money, like 50% more than I'm making (that's what everyone said the average was at the time). Is it fair? I don't know. It can be really annoying to think about.

I'm angry at the ASTRO leadership. At the ABR. At the "fake news" and the lies and the doublespeak and the gaslighting. You'll note that I've been angriest at those people like Ralphie (a person I looked up to), Ken Oliver, that young person that says "so what" to the end of private practice. This is our leadership and they sold us down the river for a couple of retweets and so their cancer centers can extract more money through rent (not in a real estate sense, but the economic definition of unearned income) from the system and from us, without providing any real tangible benefits except hospital and academic administrators becoming more powerful and wealthier than they deserve.

But, can't really live in that anger. I don't have that many years to go, I'll save well. I'll eat a lot of lamb biryani, maybe veg if I get high cholesterol. I'll watch my kids grow up and hopefully I'll have my health and mind during my mid 50s and beyond to enjoy time with my family and friends.

If you are risk averse, do not choose this field. There is a less than 10% chance it remains as good as it has. And, that's not true of all of medicine. Heck, most of medicine is on the up.

I'm angry at the ASTRO leadership. At the ABR. At the "fake news" and the lies and the doublespeak and the gaslighting. You'll note that I've been angriest at those people like Ralphie (a person I looked up to), Ken Oliver, that young person that says "so what" to the end of private practice. This is our leadership and they sold us down the river for a couple of retweets and so their cancer centers can extract more money through rent (not in a real estate sense, but the economic definition of unearned income) from the system and from us, without providing any real tangible benefits except hospital and academic administrators becoming more powerful and wealthier than they deserve.
Don't worry, they are getting their just desserts.... Karma is a bitch

Let's see how KO and ralphie function without competent residents, or possibly residents at all for that matter the next several years.

Hopefully in a decade or so, things sort themselves out job market and residency slot wise in what is otherwise the best specialties in medicine. And maybe academia can finally stop these boom-bust cycles in the specialty

Yeah ...

I don't disagree. You're right. For 5-7-10 years from now, the future doesn't look good for entering students. It's not that I'm biased about the present. The present is what it is.

They completely bungled it with their predictions, first saying we had too few and then realizing we had too many. And this happens with a lot of fields - the predictions are wrong and things end up either worse or better than expected. I don't many other specialties very well, but I would say from my perspective - medical oncology was in no way considered the field that it was when I was even an intern, but now it is very exciting, very lucrative, and still on the ascent. That was in a very short period of time. I wish I could be a medical oncologist - no joke. I'm jealous of their field. I think there are certain optho specialties, gastroenterologists, dermatologists and pain management folks that make far more than I ever though was possible when I was graduating medical school. Things changed really quickly. And who knows what will happen to them. Even 5 years ago, yes, we heard footsteps (especially on SDN), but it really didn't seem dire, until it became so.

My thinking is that for the remainder of my career, I should make just about what I make now, or a little bit less, but it won't be horrendous. Maybe that's false optimism, or blind faith, maybe it's laughable, maybe it's stupidity - I don't know. I know that the last few years things have been relatively stable in our neck of the woods, and there is some good growth. Volumes are higher, it takes more work to earn the same amount, but a lot of practices are well situated to do things similarly. I can practice in a way that is medically and ethically sound, have a good QOL with a 35-37-ish hour work week, with another 2-3 hours after hours total per week. I make enough money. I can't really afford a Lamborghini or Berkin Bag or a beach house or a mountain home. That's okay. When I graduated, I thought I would earn a lot more money, like 50% more than I'm making (that's what everyone said the average was at the time). Is it fair? I don't know. It can be really annoying to think about.

But, can't really live in that anger. I don't have that many years to go, I'll save well. I'll eat a lot of lamb biryani, maybe veg if I get high cholesterol. I'll watch my kids grow up and hopefully I'll have my health and mind during my mid 50s and beyond to enjoy time with my family and friends.

If you are risk averse, do not choose this field. There is a less than 10% chance it remains as good as it has. And, that's not true of all of medicine. Heck, most of medicine is on the up.
Most of medicine is most certainly NOT on the up. The same basic principles of what's happening in rad onc is roughly similar to what's happening (or happened) to nearly all other fields. Rarely are these things isolated issues to one field, and we owe it to mention to all med students that it's not just us...because if not, then we're giving a biased view (against ourselves) and mercilessly playing the victim card.

Most of medicine is most certainly NOT on the up. The same basic principles of what's happening in rad onc is roughly similar to what's happening (or happened) to nearly all other fields. Rarely are these things isolated issues to one field, and we owe it to mention to all med students that it's not just us...because if not, then we're giving a biased view (against ourselves) and mercilessly playing the victim card.
Med onc is doing pretty well lately from what I've seen. Lots of new indications for targeted therapy and immunotherapy, metastatic and adjuvant. Stage III lung and melanoma pretty much buys you a year of immunotherapy as an example.

Last edited:
Med onc is doing pretty well lately from what I've seen. Lots of new indications for targeted therapy and immunotherapy, metastatic and adjuvant. Stage III lung and melanoma pretty much buys you a year of immunotherapy as an example.
it also buys weekend rounding and early mornings.

• Haha
If you are unhappy with an academic department, and ultimately want to move, the benefits of staying for the sake of making your CV look good plateau after about 5 years. It is just my feel based on working the academic radonc circus for the past 10 years.

Would you mind elaborating? What’s the reason NOT to stay more than 5 years? Thanks.

I think anything that booms, will eventually bust. There was a boom in radiation oncology with IMRT, and the doctors were ballin' out of control. Then rad onc gets looked into for over-utilization, so now we have hypofractionation and APM coming. Medical oncology may be booming/starting to boom, but I highly doubt it will last a whole career. These immunotherapy/targeted agents, CAR-T cells are $$$$ (4 dollar signs!). When there are a bunch of med oncs stuntin' around in ROFalling's Lambo and Birkin bag, CMS/insurance companies are going to start cutting reimbursements back. Imagine if APM gets applied to medical oncology - that probably would really suck for them. I just don't think it's possible to win forever in medicine.

I don’t have a Lambo. Or a “Birkin” bag. I guess if you can’t spell it, you really can’t afford it.

I disagree. Medicine is in a good way, especially for PCPs/Hospitalists, who are, if not a majority, the largest minority in medicine. Medicine hit its nadir. I’d happily do it again. Just not rad onc, now. I still say, knowing what I did at the time, I made the right choice. It just happened to end up wrong due to feckless and sometimes malicious leadership.

• Haha
I don’t have a Lambo. Or a “Birkin” bag. I guess if you can’t spell it, you really can’t afford it.

I disagree. Medicine is in a good way, especially for PCPs/Hospitalists, who are, if not a majority, the largest minority in medicine. Medicine hit its nadir. I’d happily do it again. Just not rad onc, now. I still say, knowing what I did at the time, I made the right choice. It just happened to end up wrong due to feckless and sometimes malicious leadership.

I guess I meant the Lambo or Birkin that was supposed to be yours.

Really? Not sure if you're on the Facebook, but take a look at the Physician Side Gig group. Lots of PCP/Hospitalists complaining about how their admins are trying to get them to work more for same pay. We mock rad oncs that go into utilization review, but it's almost encouraged by many in the group who seem to be burned out internists or primary care givers.

Medical expenses in the US are sky high and there's definitely a target on medicine to reduce that spending. We all have seen the infographic regarding cost of health care, increase in admin costs vs physician salary, so we know what the cause is. However, I haven't heard of or seen any plans to reduce the costs of healthcare administration. All that pressure to save money and cut costs usually comes down to the docs who are expected to do more with less.