MCW 2011 part 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't the asterisks that were the problem nearly as much as the unevenness of said asterisks.

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

what i never understood is why you would, as the old saying suggests, actually beat a LIVE horse. sounds somewhat cruel.

Members don't see this ad :)
The guy beating the dead horse is the guy from office space, Michael Bolton.

THE Michael Bolton?

you know, i don't think it gets any better than when he sings "When a Man Loves a Woman."

"I celebrate the guy's entire catalog".

I thought it looked like he needed a printer to trash. I figured maybe it was the percocet making me think that.

by the way, i think i left the movies I was supposedly borrowing at your place. oops!

As I begin to plan my panhandling schedule to raise tuition money, I need to know how much I need to raise by August. According to the MCW website, tuition for M-1's this year will be $37,990. I assume this is paid in two installments, one in the August and the other in the January. Is that assumption accurate?

As I begin to plan my panhandling schedule to raise tuition money, I need to know how much I need to raise by August. According to the MCW website, tuition for M-1's this year will be $37,990. I assume this is paid in two installments, one in the August and the other in the January. Is that assumption accurate?

if you're taking out financial aid i wouldn't think you'd need to set aside any of your money for tuition, unless you're paying some of it out of pocket. we just set up our loans and they go right to the school, and they give you any leftover living expenses.

Can someone tell me MCW's average Step I score? Also... what kind of clinical exposure do you get in the 1st-2nd year? Also, how many students there do research?

Can someone tell me MCW's average Step I score? Also... what kind of clinical exposure do you get in the 1st-2nd year? Also, how many students there do research?

Step 1 score: don't know. but we're above the national average passing rate usually. Step 1 is mostly determined by what you put into it, not the school.

clinical exposure: some. you can do the saturday free clinic to feel like you're doing real medicine, you have a mentor your first year to go into clinics, a lot of student organizations have shadowing opportunities with the specialties they focus on (surgery, emergency medicine, etc). Second year when you do clinical exam and reasoning you will be going and doing histories and physicals on some real patients, but not many.

reserach: the majority of the students do research, but it is by no means required, and you aren't screwed if you don't. if you want to, you will most likely be able to do a project. personally i hate research so I worked and enjoyed my summer.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey, do I have to include my parents' info on the FAFSA or only the Parental Worksheet?

hey, do I have to include my parents' info on the FAFSA or only the Parental Worksheet?

probably both just to be safe. especially if you want to be considered for institutional aid. i said screw the parental form, since I wouldn't get it anyway.

Only the parental worksheet (and I know cuz i have gotten institutional aid twice so far; my mom made a bit more money this year, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed).

probably both just to be safe. especially if you want to be considered for institutional aid. i said screw the parental form, since I wouldn't get it anyway.
eh, I'll go with what April says, especially since I highly doubt I'll get anything other than the federal loans, especially now that I've gots a wifey.

eh, I'll go with what April says, especially since I highly doubt I'll get anything other than the federal loans, especially now that I've gots a wifey.

my bad, i misread what you said, thought you mean the OTHER mcw form, not fafsa. i actually agree with april. sorry for the bad advice. how i didn't read "FAFSA" in there is beyond me.

i'm so high on caffeine right now.

anyone else just disregard what I said.

my bad, i misread what you said, thought you mean the OTHER mcw form, not fafsa. i actually agree with april. sorry for the bad advice. how i didn't read "FAFSA" in there is beyond me.

i'm so high on caffeine right now.

anyone else just disregard what I said.
wow, the FAFSA is so painless when I don't have to include any of my parents information on there! I filled out my sister's for her (well, she was here with me, but I think I typed 100% of it), and it took a lot longer, with a lot more number crunching, especially since my parents didn't do their taxes yet. I think it just took me 15 minutes to fill out a renewal.

I felt a :( face come on when I read my mom's writing of "Amount of assistance you provided for 2006-2007 for tuition, housing, etc" and for "Amount of assistance you will provide for 2007-2008." Big fat zero.

wow, the FAFSA is so painless when I don't have to include any of my parents information on there! I filled out my sister's for her (well, she was here with me, but I think I typed 100% of it), and it took a lot longer, with a lot more number crunching, especially since my parents didn't do their taxes yet. I think it just took me 15 minutes to fill out a renewal.

I felt a :( face come on when I read my mom's writing of "Amount of assistance you provided for 2006-2007 for tuition, housing, etc" and for "Amount of assistance you will provide for 2007-2008." Big fat zero.

back to the street corner, huh? :( or dancing?

all my old clients have moved on. got any you can send my way?

most of them are pretty loyal to me still, but I'm sure we could see if any of them are up to a "joint consultation."

all my old clients have moved on. got any you can send my way?

most of them are pretty loyal to me still, but I'm sure we could see if any of them are up to a "joint consultation."

Lawdy, but y'all do have yourselves some good, clean, wholesome fun over there in Milwaukee.

No, not really. We just sit and study all the time. And eat dried dulce and tofu with brown rice. And for exercise we do calisthenics in the snow. Fun is for losers.

No, not really. We just sit and study all the time. And eat dried dulce and tofu with brown rice. And for exercise we do calisthenics in the snow. Fun is for losers.
I have no idea what that would taste like.

they're installing these in all of the bathrooms here soon....another reason to come to MCW!!!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTsXlTKaFq0[/YOUTUBE]

Im not sure i wanna know what you typed into the search field to find that video

Just be careful to not get anything caught in the twisting/snipping mechanism when you stand up.

they're installing these in all of the bathrooms here soon....another reason to come to MCW!!!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTsXlTKaFq0[/YOUTUBE]
wow, somebody is looking for some serious absorption.

wow, somebody is looking for some serious absorption.

Prowler, don't tell me you're one of those two-or-three-square-only guys. Don't you worry about messing your hands?

Who here is a folder and who is a wadder?

edit: Or is that too personal/intimate? I have a hard time drawing the line some times.

edit: Or is that too personal/intimate? I have a hard time drawing the line some times.

depends on my mood... :rolleyes:

i use three separate rolls and braid it.

I use a hybrid technique of folding/wadding. It's more like a crumply fold. I find it maximizes both the surface area and layers of protection.

i am also a hybrid kinda guy....i initially fold in half and then wad.

Hey, I am too. So far the hybrids have it. Frankly I can't imagine using the straight fold. The layers slip over one another, and you can't get any traction where you need it.

so what kind of clothes do yall wear to class? can you wear like jeans or do you have to dress nicely everyday or something?

so what kind of clothes do yall wear to class? can you wear like jeans or do you have to dress nicely everyday or something?

You can wear whatever you want, unless patients are present. Then business attire and white coat is required. But for just regular class, you can show up in your pj's if you want.

Yep. During first year you'll have to dress up maybe once a week for a while, but most of the time not at all. 2nd years play dress up probably 1-2x/week, sometimes three if you get a crappy schedule for our clinical examination class.

i woulda gone off the deep end much more quickly and much more deeply if we had to dress up every day.

a bit more of a wadder, but there's a little folding action. If the TP isn't on a spindle, I'll pick the whole roll up and wrap it around my hand. :D

great news: when you get to be an M2 and have the Health Policy course, they give you your note packet held together by a nice big rubber band. the thing is GREAT for fiddling with if you have fidget fingers.

great news: when you get to be an M2 and have the Health Policy course, they give you your note packet held together by a nice big rubber band. the thing is GREAT for fiddling with if you have fidget fingers.

I needed that rubber band to hold together my pharm note cards. Very handy. =) It's also a very good size to turn into a rubber band gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.