Mcw Class Of 2011 Awesome Part 3!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
our test was canceled!!!!! now maybe i wont fail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that makes happy!

Maybe.

Members don't see this ad.

why arey ou so mean!! i usually really good i just havent studied as much this time and i needed more time! it was like devine intentions!!!!! :D now i can do more practice tests!!!! i still scared tho! :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
why arey ou so mean!! i usually really good i just havent studied as much this time and i needed more time! it was like devine intentions!!!!! :D now i can do more practice tests!!!! i still scared tho! :scared:

Hopefully, you will pass.

I assumed so, hence my reply. Not really being a jerk about it, just playing the odds.

Yeah, the same odds that favoured us in biochem. The same odds made them rearrange the curriculum in a more reasonable way; hence, our record shattering scores/averages in all classes. Well, if you have not heard, the odds of her honoring "Phys block 1" are in her favor.

By the way, how should we approach the exam.

Yeah, the same odds that favoured us in biochem. The same odds made them rearrange the curriculum in a more reasonable way; hence, our record shattering scores/averages in all classes. Well, if you have not heard, the odds of her honoring "Phys block 1" are in her favor.

choose the right answer, and ignore the wrong ones. double check your work.

....oh, and be ready to think more than one step ahead physiologically for the answer. know trends and equations and junk.

have fun shattering the records, kiddo.

....oh, and be ready to think more than one step ahead physiologically for the answer. know trends and equations and junk.

have fun shattering the records, kiddo.

Thanks for your love and encouragement. We hope to live up to the expectations of people like you.

Here in America we say "favored".

Also, here on SDN (if you have not heard) I'm favoring writing you off as a smartass little pissant who will very likely get what he has coming to him when he hits the wards.

Fear and trepidation.

Thanks for your love and encouragement. We hope to live up to the expectations of people like you.

Old exams. Kick the crap out of the old exams, then fill in details through your notes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your well intentioned, but succinctly stated advice. I will take it to heart as long as nobody steps on my nerves.

Generally those are fairly unexposed organs, so it shouldn't be a problem.

physology exam was so easy!! i studied so hard and paid off!!!!

physology exam was so easy!! i studied so hard and paid off!!!!

bamboozed, you better be being sarcastic...i feel like memorizing the book and notes wasn't enough to do well on that joke of a test

i have to second twick- i don't think anyone came out of that exam and thought it was "easy"... i seriously think half the class came out of there feeling like they had just been violated in a bad, bad way (myself included)

i have to second twick- i don't think anyone came out of that exam and thought it was "easy"... i seriously think half the class came out of there feeling like they had just been violated in a bad, bad way (myself included)

A really tough exam, no doubt. I just hope that this is, as 2nd yr students have said,the hardest of them all.

A really tough exam, no doubt. I just hope that this is, as 2nd yr students have said,the hardest of them all.

Depends on who is teaching the renal stuff this year. That one can either be a killer or a joke.

Actually the first exam was one of the best for me way back when, but then who knows how it's changed since then.

Block 3 was definitely the worst for most people last year, because it had lung and kidney. We didn't have Cowley though - Green and Liard taught all of his stuff.

Block 3 was definitely the worst for most people last year, because it had lung and kidney. We didn't have Cowley though - Green and Liard taught all of his stuff.

We had Cowley and despite his irrational love of having students memorize exact numbers from figures in Guyton his Block 1 material was definitely easier than the lung phys. That block was just nasty.

Overall I'd say that most difficult is still renal (depending on who writes the test questions, which can be insane if you look at some of the old tests), followed by lung and then GI.

I'd caution the class of 2011 not to overlook the final either (assuming it's still cumulative). I had a strong buffer heading into that exam and studied hard but still walked out convinced that I failed the thing. Turns out I did fine but it was a test full of questions that you could not be sure of the correct answer--you just had to narrow it down to two choices and go with your gut.

it was a test full of questions that you could not be sure of the correct answer--you just had to narrow it down to two choices and go with your gut.

Awww.. that's what I say about all shelves/boards. They're nonsense.

bamboozed, you better be being sarcastic...i feel like memorizing the book and notes wasn't enough to do well on that joke of a test

i mean it was totaly challenging and everything but not hard! but i'm definitely not studying much in other classes so i'll probably fail those lol!

The first exam would've been easy had I actually slept the night before. I ended up loving Cowley by the final.

I hate lung phys, I still don't understand it. Renal really wasn't bad either, if you really sat down and tried to understand it. I became one with the kidney, and got it so I could crush Mattson's questions. Lung phys though ugh, I thought I understood it, I practically memorized the notes and was doing well on practice stuff, then the test proved me way wrong. Step 1 thinks otherwise, but they also think I suck at pharm.

Bump!

It's been nearly a month since I killed this thread.

Anyone want to come to peds inpatient stuff this month? I volunteered to let someone shadow me for that and inpatient medicine May/June.

Bump!

It's been nearly a month since I killed this thread.

Anyone want to come to peds inpatient stuff this month? I volunteered to let someone shadow me for that and inpatient medicine May/June.

I will, I will, I will! Btw, at least one resident at Racine was asking how you were doing and wondering when you were going to come down and visit her. PM me if you can't figure out who. ;)

I will, I will, I will! Btw, at least one resident at Racine was asking how you were doing and wondering when you were going to come down and visit her. PM me if you can't figure out who. ;)

Probably the friend of mine on facebook that I said to be nice to you. Does she have a funny accent?

btw... you should totally come do peds with me, and then do the exams on kids for me.

Probably the friend of mine on facebook that I said to be nice to you. Does she have a funny accent?

btw... you should totally come do peds with me, and then do the exams on kids for me.

I'm having a great time on Family, but I would totally come do a few more days of Peds if I could.

Yeah, that's the one. She's already taken to calling me "Handsome" when she wants to get my attention, which is just fine by me. ;)

I'm having a great time on Family, but I would totally come do a few more days of Peds if I could.

Yeah, that's the one. She's already taken to calling me "Handsome" when she wants to get my attention, which is just fine by me. ;)

She called one of the students I was with "Smiley" sometimes because he smiled "too much." Next time I see you, you can hear my resident rant. I feel like I'm back in Racine but without the benefit of switching residents.

Yeah, that's the one. She's already taken to calling me "Handsome" when she wants to get my attention, which is just fine by me. ;)[/quo

I am back.I am sure you all missed me.

why must dr. cowley's questions suck so much?

well, apparently he hates me too...

no, i am not a mouse, but i think a mouse could do better at answering the questions cowley asks

Who is getting their short white coat embroidered like the big doctors?

i don't think i'm going to, but i haven't completely made up my mind yet

I won't unless they send me 3 more emails about it.

My friend Mary did it, I was going to but then I changed my name at the end of third year, so it didn't seem like it would be worth it to get it done and then change it, or only get it done for a year.

They didn't offer it to us, but her parents did it for her at an EmbroidMe or some other store like that.

I won't unless they send me 3 more emails about it.

I' won't bother, but I do wish they'd have another extra coat sale. I'd love to have a spare.

why must dr. cowley's questions suck so much?

Let the 2010ers who are so bitter that the class of 2011 is being treated SO MUCH BETTER take note: they have Cowley. We had Green.

I'll take Green, thankyouverymuch.

This is what I'm saying. Every class has its cross to bear. We had the comprehensive biochem final, and they got Cowley. We all have our troubles.