Is it better to be a prude

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ya I'd agree. You need a lot of equipment and fees to play in a league. In JH and HS, this stuff is provided to you if you play football.

Mr tp does not want mini tps to play hockey because it's so damn expensive and the parents tend to be nuts. I vetoed that shiz immediately. Any progeny of mine has to at least be able to skate by 4.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You Americans tend to be a little insular.

Kinda like your 'world series'

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hockey_World_Cup

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Why don't you just say field hockey then? You can't expect Americans to know the customs of other countries? The world will always be more familiar with American culture than Americans will be with other cultures. I can't name a single field hockey player. But I bet Babe Ruth is known around the world. That's why we can call it the World Series.

Reactions: 1 user
Why don't you just say field hockey then? You can't expect Americans to know the customs of other countries? It doesn't mean were ignorant. The world will always be more familiar with American culture than Americans will be with other cultures. I can't name a single field hockey player. But I bet Babe Ruth is known around the world. That's why we can call it the World Series.

When you say chips, I assume crisps and not fries. I don't have to cater to your ignorance.

Babe Ruth is only known in India for the terrible synthetic abomination that is called a candy bar.

I'm joking :) I was making a point.

When you say chips, I assume crisps and not fries. I don't have to cater to your ignorance.

Babe Ruth is only known in India for the terrible synthetic abomination that is called a candy bar.

I'm joking :) I was making a point.

Well, if you want me to understand what you're talking about you do.

Well, if you want me to understand what you're talking about you do.

You need to realise that America didn't exist not very long ago and will pass from memory. There is no forever.

You need to realise that America didn't exist not very long ago and will pass from memory. There is no forever.

What are you even talking about?

Seeing as this is a site predominantly used by Americans, I think it's kind of obvious that one would expect the American terms for things.

Seeing as this is a site predominantly used by Americans, I think it's kind of obvious that one would expect the American terms for things.

There should be a rule on this site that the only permissible language to use here is American.

8DKgR.jpg

Speak 'Murican or DIE.

Reactions: 3 users
Yes, of course. His comment about elitism put me in a mood to be... instructive ;)

There should be a rule on this site that the only permissible language to use here is American.

8DKgR.jpg

Speak 'Murican or DIE.
I love that pic.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, come on. I'm just teasing. I love America.

73rhAsP.gif

I don't recall all the indians I've met being particularly small. What about you guys, as modern day adults. Will you pass this down to your kids?

Hell nah brah, my goal in life is to create the next brown Michael Jordan. (See my username)

chat chat chat chat

keep going allo people!

this is fun entertainment btw patients.

i am hiding in my back office playing on fb and playing on sdn

now all i need to do is go buy some stuff on jcrew.com and my day will be complete

chat chat chat chat

keep going allo people!

this is fun entertainment btw patients.

i am hiding in my back office playing on fb and playing on sdn

now all i need to do is go buy some stuff on jcrew.com and my day will be complete

You remind me so much of one of my sorority sisters. Girlfriend was a J crew addict. I swear a package came for her every week

their neon tweed skirts and 39840938493 variations of pink pants are amaze

Yeah I don't get it. I shop like a lesbian though. I find a pair of jeans that fit and buy 4 of them in different washes.

i dont wear jeans :/

i wear dresses and skirts OR my super comfy dental school scrubs if im not at the same office as my dad. he thinks that i should be all dressed up bc everyone else dresses up too. blargh

There is only 1 type of hockey, genius
Looks as if field hockey predates ice hockey by like, over 2,000 years. Unless ancient Egypt had some awesome skating rinks I haven't heard about. They even played it naked. That's ****ing brave- I've taken a puck to the face without a helmet, I can't imagine taking a ball to the nuts with no clothing.
Antiek_hockey.JPG

Looks as if field hockey predates ice hockey by like, over 2,000 years. Unless ancient Egypt had some awesome skating rinks I haven't heard about. They even played it naked. That's ****ing brave- I've taken a puck to the face without a helmet, I can't imagine taking a ball to the nuts with no clothing.
Antiek_hockey.JPG

I'm from Minnesota. There is one type of Hockey. IDGAF

Why don't you just say field hockey then? You can't expect Americans to know the customs of other countries? The world will always be more familiar with American culture than Americans will be with other cultures. I can't name a single field hockey player. But I bet Babe Ruth is known around the world. That's why we can call it the World Series.
Probably for the same reason they don't call football soccer. Because football is second nature to them, and American football should be called handegg, realistically. Ice hockey is a derivative of hockey, calling hockey "field hockey" thus seems weird, just like calling soccer "European football" or whatever seems weird.

We're the ignorant ones, out naming things that have existed for hundreds (and even thousands) of years whatever the hell we want and then expecting the world to just play along. We're like a five year old that was over at their uncle's house and just decided to start calling his pitbull Fluffy instead of Spike for no good reason whatsoever- the world may play along, but they just kind of roll their eyes while thinking, "Oh you!"