Illinois C/O 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone . What do you think of hillsdale dr area

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Near Florida, Delaware, Pennsylvania

One of my good friends lives on Michigan ave in Urbana and likes it (has lived there 3 years) and one of the ER doctors lives by her too. I also know someone who lives on Delaware and I think she’s been there 2 years. A couple girls in my class live in a house on Pennsylvania and one girl has lived there since sometime in undergrad I believe. I think someone else in my class is somewhere in that general area but I don’t remember what street they’re on.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone (or does anyone know of people) that have filed for in-state tuition after their first year and how easy that was?

Has anyone (or does anyone know of people) that have filed for in-state tuition after their first year and how easy that was?
It's near impossible as a single person. You have to make the difference between in state and out of state tuition as legit income (approximately 25k when I looked into it). The only people I know who did it were those with spouses (actually married) that were making an income, and one person in 2020 that ran a horse lodging barn.

I was looking at the forms that need to be submitted and saw that, for the proof of rabies vaccination, we have to submit a medical record that shows your name and date administered. I'm planning on getting mine through Walgreens. Does anyone know if they typically provide the appropriate documentation?

I was looking at the forms that need to be submitted and saw that, for the proof of rabies vaccination, we have to submit a medical record that shows your name and date administered. I'm planning on getting mine through Walgreens. Does anyone know if they typically provide the appropriate documentation?
I got mine at Walgreens and iirc I could print off the vaccine stuff from my Walgreens account. They also gave me a little vaccination record card where they wrote the stuff. I think I took pictures of both things and submitted that?

Reactions: 1 users
I just got called off the waitlist . I guess I’m going to lose my LMU deposit and will be attending Illinois !!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
I just got called off the waitlist . I guess I’m going to lose my LMU deposit and will be attending Illinois !!!!

I know housing has been discussed in here a lot, but my girlfriend is already looking for a place for us and our cat. Any recommendations on places to look for or recommendations on an area?

It looks like they've updated the admitted students page for Class of 2026!

Also, is anyone else paranoid that they haven't received any additional emails? I keep verifying that YES I paid my deposit and accepted my seat is the class, but I'm still so worried I'm missing something.

It looks like they've updated the admitted students page for Class of 2026!

Also, is anyone else paranoid that they haven't received any additional emails? I keep verifying that YES I paid my deposit and accepted my seat is the class, but I'm still so worried I'm missing something.
Okay update I clicked on the links and some of them aren't actually updated.

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
How exciting. Can not wait to meet everyone when we start.

I have a tour set up for the 23rd and I’m really excited for it! I think my girlfriend and I are going to try to tour some apartments as well. The parking situation seems pretty stressful. Do I need to wait for my Login information to get on the lists?

I have a tour set up for the 23rd and I’m really excited for it! I think my girlfriend and I are going to try to tour some apartments as well. The parking situation seems pretty stressful. Do I need to wait for my Login information to get on the lists?
I believe you do need either your NetID or university ID number to get on waitlists but for the most part it’s not that bad. You are pretty much guaranteed to be able to get Lincoln ave parallel parking as long as you buy your pass pretty close to when they start selling them (sometime mid July). You can put the pass on your student account vs paying out of pocket for it too so loans can cover it.

Does UIUC offer any kind of students discounts on pet products? (Such as discounted food, heartworm prevention, etc?)

Does UIUC offer any kind of students discounts on pet products? (Such as discounted food, heartworm prevention, etc?)
We have discounted hills, Royal Canin, and Purina vet diets and pro plan (most? All? Pro plan???) and USUALLY they have a free heartworm testing night for free sponsored by BI and then BI gives out a year supply of HG and 6m nexgard or frontline for 1 pet. BI usually also does a dirt cheap vaccine clinic. Sadly the last couple years BI hasn’t had the vaccine clinic or heartworm night (and therefore no preventions) because of COVID 😭
We do get a 20% discount at the VTH so I’m sure that preventions would be discounted if you went through primary care as your GP.

Does anyone know when they finish processing enrollment so that I can pause my student loans?

I had xfinity and it was good service. The price for the first year was super cheap with combined discounts (like new customer promo, autopay, and paperless billing) but then goes up to normal price year 2 🥲

Does anyone know if you can use one parking pass on multiple cars if you want to share with people? Or is it registered under your specific car?

Does anyone know if you can use one parking pass on multiple cars if you want to share with people? Or is it registered under your specific car?
You can register multiple cars on one pass (it’s virtual and by plate number) but they cannot be in the lot at the same time. So if you were rotating driving days, that would be fine but multiple cars can’t be in the vetmed lots until after 5 pm

Does anyone have a specific note taking app that they recommend?

I really liked Notability, but I think it’s only available on apple products? I had an iPad I used for notes because I needed to hand write directly on slides. Lots of people used OneNote, which I believe you get free storage as a university student?

Have any current students here taken VCM 547: Global One Health online? If so, is that something you would recommend for an incoming first year or would that be too labor-intensive for first semester? It lasts through both quarters and is 3 credits.