Drexel DPMS Program??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It looks like you and I are in the same boat. I haven't send in my deposit for BUMAMS yet and by the looks of it (Drexel not making a decision before June 8th), I think I should do that. This admissions process is def pain in the a$$!
funny, I just called the office today as well and was told they had not made an admissions decision....4 weeks after my interview. I was also told that the interview for the MSP program that was difficult for me to schedule with the office way back in march can still happen (they told me to wait for 2 weeks for that). I already got into another program and its getting harder for me to wait, but most quality things are like that. For now I'm going to enjoy the moment that is now, continue to secure the other program I got into and continue to wait.----Be encourage you other hopefuls. I've waited since December so another few weeks won't hurt ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard anything?!? The program is supposed to start June 18th?!?!

Members don't see this ad :)
nada on my side of the world, I hope they dont mail us decisions...I never check the mail except when my Reebok Cranks arrive

That was the begin date for last year. I THINK it will start June 18th, you stay there for 6 weeks then start again in Aug? Correct me if I'm wrong. This is for DPMS.

That was the begin date for last year. I THINK it will start June 18th, you stay there for 6 weeks then start again in Aug? Correct me if I'm wrong. This is for DPMS.

Yeah that is what I heard to, the progran starts on that Monday (for a 6 week assessment and studying skills class or something like that like freshman orientation), but the official program does not start until August. So yeah, I am going on June 4th for my interview and they said that they would let us know right after that, so I think they are going to make a decision the day after because she said that we would know VERY SOON AFTER!!!

Anyone know how we're supposed to be contacted?

hey all,
I just interviewed at Drexel DPMS. Here is what i know about notification of acceptances. I was told that they are reviewing apps not till June. They reassured me that they will provide us a two week notice. I spoke with a former DPMS (current med student) and she stated that you should prepare as though you are moving to philly. The class for DPMS will be in center city. Just hang in there, we should hear something latest June 7th, 2007.

PM me if u have any questions..

hey all,
I just interviewed at Drexel DPMS. Here is what i know about notification of acceptances. I was told that they are reviewing apps not till June. They reassured me that they will provide us a two week notice. I spoke with a former DPMS (current med student) and she stated that you should prepare as though you are moving to philly. The class for DPMS will be in center city. Just hang in there, we should hear something latest June 7th, 2007.

PM me if u have any questions..

do you know how many people they interviewed or even how many DPMS applicants were present the day you went? I am kind of curious because they had a lot of days where there interviewed. I hope theres not a lot of applicants for a little bit of seats.

quick question....is there a few days btw the end of the 6week session and the august start of the program? I ask bc I'm thinking abt moving my stuff (the large bulk of it) in august....by the way thanks for the info

hi everyone, just signed up for this forum thing...how useful! Anyways, I got my DPMS interview coming up next week, so we'll see how that goes.

I have a friend that just finished the program...so to answer ur question brooklynrunz there's usually a week or two between the summer session and the start of the semester.

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
so...how are the rest of you guys handling the waiting period. I'm trying to enjoy each and every day since I spent the month of may in anticipation and doubt, which left me wishing each day was ended quickly.

so...how are the rest of you guys handling the waiting period. I'm trying to enjoy each and every day since I spent the month of may in anticipation and doubt, which left me wishing each day was ended quickly.

I've also been anxious to find out if I've been accepted into the program and have spent many days on SDN and gmail. I had my interview almost one month ago and the wait has been painful. I didn't realize that the turnaround time would be THIS LONG! I know that the people last year found out much earlier than us from previous posts on this thread. Since it seems that the committee will be making decisions at the end of next week, I'm going to stay positive and enjoy the spring weather until then:)

Hi guys! I just got back from my interview, hopefully it went well. I hope you are all doing ok...we actually found out today (from Dr. Walker) that the med school is giving DPMS 30 slots, so looks like this year's class will be a bit bigger than last year. Best of luck to everyone!!

Hi guys! I just got back from my interview, hopefully it went well. I hope you are all doing ok...we actually found out today (from Dr. Walker) that the med school is giving DPMS 30 slots, so looks like this year's class will be a bit bigger than last year. Best of luck to everyone!!
30...sounds great to me. at first I was concerned abt why the number of seats increased....but at this point WHO CARES: MORE SPACE FOR US TO GET IN THE PROGRAM ;)

during my interview day, we had lunch with a former DPMSer (who has just finished her 2nd year at Drexel Med) and who was absolutely amazing. She mentioned that out of her class, there are only 9 African-American students (7 of which were former DPMSers) and that the numbers for Latino students are even less. Maybe this year's increase in slots is the med school's recognition of the lack of minority representation in their classes?

Good luck to those w/ June 4th interviews, and I hope we all get good news soon after!

does anyone know when the latest interview date is, I just wanted to know

Good to know I'm not the only one stressing. Wish I found this site sooner!

do you know Dr.walker's full name? (male or female, etc.)

So I was trying to relax this morning (you know enjoy each day as it came). however, I got a call from Drexel asking to set up a MSP interview. Since I REALLY want to do the DPMS program you can understand how this call made me concerned. they wanted to set up an interview this thurs., during the same time I would find out abt DPMS. since I am concerned that they adcom is moving me more towards the MSP program I was really nervous. too bad I didnt ask if I was being considered more for the MSP program....:(. i think I will give them a call tomorrow.

by the way I think I figured why they decide on the DPMS program in bulk rather than select one person at a time: selecting a group rather than one person allows the committee the opportunity to see how the group would work as a whole....makes me feel better. anyone else?

I think Dr. Walker's name is Loretta. I heard from a former DPMSer and 2nd year MS that we will be notified via email either tomorrow or Wednesday. *the adrenaline rises* :scared:
female...did the people who interviewed today get any more information on when we should find out about acceptances?

I think Dr. Walker's name is Loretta. I heard from a former DPMSer and 2nd year MS that we will be notified via email either tomorrow or Wednesday. *the adrenaline rises* :scared:

isnt the commitee supposed to review the applicants? How will they review everyone by tomorrow or wednesday? I thought they were going to have a meeting on Thursday?

I've also heard that we should be finding out in the next couple of days. Dr. Walker said she would likely even call ppl to let them know about the decision. She said during my interview day that they realize how late they already are in getting together the DPMS class, so maybe they're having an extra meeting to decide asap? Hope everyone is doing well! I'm pretty nervous myself, so the sooner they get the news out the better. Good luck everyone!

Hello everyone,

I know that most of you are excited about acceptance and such, however, I have a quick question. I plan on taking my missing pre-req's (Physics 2, Organic 1 + 2) and possibly neurobiology (for fun) at Harvard Ext.

I am interested in Drexel very much and was wondering what would be the best route to take. My uGPA is 2.86 and my Science is around a 3.0.

Does this Harvard Ext. sound like a good idea to fullfil my pre-req's / boost my GPA or is there another road I am not seeing. Let me know. Thanks! :)

I wonder how many people interviewed for the 30 spots.

Whew! Better than I thought.

That's actually a good question to ask Dr. Walker herself. No one will know better than her.
Hello everyone,

I know that most of you are excited about acceptance and such, however, I have a quick question. I plan on taking my missing pre-req's (Physics 2, Organic 1 + 2) and possibly neurobiology (for fun) at Harvard Ext.

I am interested in Drexel very much and was wondering what would be the best route to take. My uGPA is 2.86 and my Science is around a 3.0.

Does this Harvard Ext. sound like a good idea to fullfil my pre-req's / boost my GPA or is there another road I am not seeing. Let me know. Thanks! :)

So did you all stay and enjoy a little bit of Philly? Anyone hit up those drive thru beer vending places?? So different from Cali.

guys, I can't waaait anymore!!! :confused:
Is it true that you will be emailed if you don't get in, but get a phone call if youre on the waiting list or actually got in the program?
Appreciate any info

Have no idea. Sorry :oops:

guys, I can't waaait anymore!!! :confused:
Is it true that you will be emailed if you don't get in, but get a phone call if youre on the waiting list or actually got in the program?
Appreciate any info

who did you hear that from?

Hey all, I'm a new member but I have been visiting SDN for a few weeks. This process has been nerve wrecking to say the least. I had my interview on the 24th, now like the rest of you I'm just waiting. While I was at the interview the former DPMS/med student told us that we would get a phone call from Dr. Walker followed by a formal acceptance letter providing we were chosen. Good Luck everyone!

Ya, during my interview day I was told they would call the accepted/wait-list ppl and then follow up w/ an email containing the program contract. So I've had my phone on me all day, hopefully we'll all hear something by the end of the week. Good luck everyone!!

When did you have ur interview? I've been updating my email page every 5 mins. It's driving me crazy!
Ya, during my interview day I was told they would call the accepted/wait-list ppl and then follow up w/ an email containing the program contract. So I've had my phone on me all day, hopefully we'll all hear something by the end of the week. Good luck everyone!!

my interview was may 31st

i'm such a nervous wreck haha

So all, I got an email from Dr. Walker today stating that there was a committee meeting yesterday and that we should here from them (today?). any news. I havent been home all day

correction: the email said that the committee would be contacting me about their decision, a date wasn't set.

Ahhh!!! How frustrating. It's easier for me because I'm on west coast time so by 2pm I know I probably don't need to babysit my computer as much. We'll see by today I guess.

So does anyone know the official start date of the program this year?

June 18th

don't forget to share your good news w/ the forum...good luck everyone!

So does anyone know the official start date of the program this year?

I just called right now and the guy on the phone said it starts June 18th. He said that we should hear something very soon. Why is that all anyone will say? :confused:
When I went to the open house I believe the calendar said the 20th.