Drexel DPMS Program??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ivy,

my interview date is april 14th. i'll give an update on the interview portion once it happens. i've been scouring the forums for some type of info on how the interview might go but haven't found anything.

Isn't April 14th a Saturday? If that's correct, I hope I get a Saturday interview also so that I wouldn't have to take a day off from work to go to Philly :cool: I've heard that the interview is similar to a medical school so make sure you know why you want to go to Drexel for med school, why you want to be a doctor, etc. I would go through the interview feedback page on SDN just in case.

I have a friend who is in DPMS right now and she said her interview was laid back and her interviewer did most of the talking, but I'm sure that everyone had a different experience.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks! I'll check it out.

You beat me to it DrSumdae...I interviewed for MSP last year and found some info in the MSP thread beforehand. It was exactly what they asked. However, for the MSP/IMS they interview over phone and lack the time to go into detail. So make sure you take a good look at your app! Goodluck emerald and let us know how it goes!

Members don't see this ad :)
The DPMS interview is different than those for IMS/MSP. Thanks for the info about interview feedback, ivy. I found the site and it's helpful.

I noticed this post was about to disappear from the page, so i'm just bumping it up again :)

I'm being hopeful that someone will hear *something* from Drexel!!!! :luck:

I noticed this post was about to disappear from the page, so i'm just bumping it up again :)

I'm being hopeful that someone will hear *something* from Drexel!!!! :luck:

I got an email today from the admissions committee inviting me for an interview!! The date is during the week of April 30-May 4. I'm still trying to finalize a day, but it sounds like they'll be interviewing DPMS applicants that whole week. Good luck everyone :) How did your interview go Emerald03?

yea i was kinda wondering how your interview went also. Did you have one or two interviewers? How long were you there till? How was the day setup? Also, do you know how many students for dpms were interviewed that day? or when you will find out whether or not you gained admission into the program?

Thanks

Hey future DPMSers. I have been so excited abt this program its ridiculous. I applied early DECEMBER. I didnt hear back that my app was complete till Feb/March. Just when I was going to give up hope I got an email requesting an interviewm, which will take place next week Wedn. (the 25th). Depite the delay I'm still excited. I'll try to give as much feedback as possible abt the entire interview and all that jazz.

Hope to see u guys in philly this june!

Hey future DPMSers. I have been so excited abt this program its ridiculous. I applied early DECEMBER. I didnt hear back that my app was complete till Feb/March. Just when I was going to give up hope I got an email requesting an interviewm, which will take place next week Wedn. (the 25th). Depite the delay I'm still excited. I'll try to give as much feedback as possible abt the entire interview and all that jazz.

Hope to see u guys in philly this june!

This program is def something what people like us can use; a second chance! I submitted my app in Feb and was complete on March 7th, so hopefully I'll hear something from them soon. The wait is killing me! Brooklynrunz, we share very similar stats and a quick run down about the interview will def be helpful. Goodluck with the interview!:thumbup:

This program is def something what people like us can use; a second chance! I submitted my app in Feb and was complete on March 7th, so hopefully I'll hear something from them soon. The wait is killing me! Brooklynrunz, we share very similar stats and a quick run down about the interview will def be helpful. Goodluck with the interview!:thumbup:

Hi everyone, okay so I am completely knew to the DPMS application I recieved an email (which i am sure is general) asking me to fill out the application, so I am in the process of doing that now. and will call today to speak to Ms. Walker. So, do you guys think that it is too late to send in my application? I was banking on going to Georgetown's GEMS program which is very similar to the DPMS, but I guess it wont hurt to have two schools right. But anyway, can someone fill me in on what they know about the DPMS program? What it is about, etc...? Thanks a bunch:D

Faithfuldoc,
I do not know much about DPMS, but it is not too late to apply, just get your application in as soon as you can! Good luck!:luck:

I applied to the IMS program, and I got a phone call letting me know of my acceptance to the program today. I just wanted to post that because it seems that Drexel has been disorganized and slow in regards to all their programs...so perhaps they are getting their act together. Good luck to all of you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just had an interview for the DPMS program. it went well. to prep I would pretty much suggest that you look over the interview feedback on this website. when they say the interview is laid back, they actually mean it. they want to know abt you and so it helps that they try to put you on ease. one advise: I was told that you dont want to treat the program cooly or blase. take it seriously. after all if u do well ull be going to DUCOM. i guess for me i'll be patiently waiting for a response:rolleyes:

I just had an interview for the DPMS program. it went well. to prep I would pretty much suggest that you look over the interview feedback on this website. when they say the interview is laid back, they actually mean it. they want to know abt you and so it helps that they try to put you on ease. one advise: I was told that you dont want to treat the program cooly or blase. take it seriously. after all if u do well ull be going to DUCOM. i guess for me i'll be patiently waiting for a response:rolleyes:

If you dont mind could you answer these questions? Did you have one or two interviewers? How long were you there till? How was the day setup? Also, do you know how many students for dpms were interviewed that day? or when you will find out whether or not you gained admission into the program?

Thanks

Thanks for giving us feedback on your interview! I called the admissions office last week and they said they would start accepting DPMS students beginning May 11.

Thanks for giving us feedback on your interview! I called the admissions office last week and they said they would start accepting DPMS students beginning May 11.

how reliable is this information?

how reliable is this information?

This is what Dr. Walker, the program director told me when I spoke to her. If you review previous posts in this thread you will notice this is when students last year started to hear back about admissions decisions. I would advise you to call the office if you want to verify this information.

thanks ivydoc; i was getting worried because i interviewed 14th of april for DPMS and haven't heard back but my interview didn't go badly. so looking forward to hearing by that time. strangely enough, i also have a phone interview with the MSP program so don't know what they are doing with me.

thanks ivydoc; i was getting worried because i interviewed 14th of april for DPMS and haven't heard back but my interview didn't go badly. so looking forward to hearing by that time. strangely enough, i also have a phone interview with the MSP program so don't know what they are doing with me.

hey u guys, did anyone take the GRE?...i took it in november..neways, i found out about the dpms recently, and am applying...since the DPMS doesnt require GRE scores, are we obligated to send them? im asking this b/c the deadline to the program is soon, and i dont want some sort of delay in score reporting from ETS to invalidate my application to DPMS...ne ideas?

My understanding is that the program requires an MCAT score and applicant must score within narrow range of 20-23 with no section below a 6. if you have further questions, I would advise to call/email Dr. Walker who is excellent resource for the program. They do have MSP program which is tailored to intensive MCAT prep course. I heard almost 90-95% have done well on MCAT and subsequently got in to med school. Let me know if u have further questions

My understanding is that the program requires an MCAT score and applicant must score within narrow range of 20-23 with no section below a 6. if you have further questions, I would advise to call/email Dr. Walker who is excellent resource for the program. They do have MSP program which is tailored to intensive MCAT prep course. I heard almost 90-95% have done well on MCAT and subsequently got in to med school. Let me know if u have further questions

i know the mcat's required, but i wasn't sure if i should send in my GRE scores...ETS says score requests are processed within 10days of the request, but the deadline to dpms is in about 10days...i dont want this to be the reason why my app. is dismissed/overlooked.

I think it says in the directions on the application whether or not the GREs are necessary for the DPMS program. I know that they are not required for MSP, but I had my scores sent, anyway b/c i had lots of time to play with. I would recommend checking w/the admin office at Drexel and if they are not necessary than don't send them!

The DPMS interview is different than those for IMS/MSP. Thanks for the info about interview feedback, ivy. I found the site and it's helpful.

is the dpms interview in-person or a phone interview?

is the dpms interview in-person or a phone interview?

In-person LINA. Does anyone know if they started giving out mass interview invitations? I'm getting really anxious. I'm thinking they're waiting on the deadline for the app to start making decisions on both acceptances and interviews.

So I pretty much have been waiting since December to hear anything from Drexel. Yes, Ive had an interview but the homestretch (waiting for the upcoming week when they give out early round notifications) makes all the more anxious... I do have another plan (Marshall's program), but I guess I really want this.
learning to wait patiently:rolleyes:

Keep your spirits up Brooklyn :) If you've interviewed it sounds like you're in good shape!! The waiting game *sucks*. How long ago was your interview? Did they give you an idea of when you might hear something? Do not be afraid to call them for an update! Good luck!!!! :luck:

I was wondering if anyone received an invite for an interview with DPMS. I thought it was a phone interview however, I received an email for an invite and it seems to be in person. Do you have to have interview in person? Please help......

I was wondering if anyone received an invite for an interview with DPMS. I thought it was a phone interview however, I received an email for an invite and it seems to be in person. Do you have to have interview in person? Please help......

DPMS interviews are in person. Look at previous posts for more info.

Well today was the last day for the apps!!! Hopefully they'll start inviting more people for interviews now that they have set number of apps. Goodluck:thumbup:

Has anyone interviewed and been accepted for 2007?

I was wondering if anyone who have interviewed or past DPMS students know what is stressed during the interview. I wanted to know if interview is just like med school interview. Either way, I am preparing for med school type interview...anyone applying good luck..i will shed some light after i have completed my interview

Does the Drexel MSP program offer its students a spot at Drexel Med School if certain requirements are fulfilled, kinda like the DPMS program? If so then what are the requirements?

I called and they said I'm on the list to be interviewed!!! WHOOOHOOOO! :)

Who did you speak to? Drexel Medical or the Medical Science Program coordinators?

Medical Science Program Coordinators. I called the main office #.

Medical Science Program Coordinators. I called the main office #.

I was wondering when your application was complete? and where you got the number. The number on their website is always busy...or goes straight to their answering machine.

the interview is definately a med school interview. I was told at my interview that since the DPMS program gives you automatic admissions into DCOM, given that you maintain a 3.0, it is necessary that a med school interview be given. This means definately prep for questions abt why you want to be a doctor and why Drexel med, not just a great person to do the DPMS program. My interviewer also said that she wanted to assess whether I had thought abt the negative and positive aspects of praticing medicine.

It was complete May 2nd. I just used the # on the website. First I called two times and got the answering machine. I called again and spoke with someone. Keep trying to call.

Okay so I just got the email saying that I am invited for an interview....yeah...but it is soooo short notice, I have a full time job, and I am a teacher (It's finals time). But you gotta do what you gotta do. I was just wondering for those of you who went for your interview already, where did you stay???? And what were the rates? I thought that I would be able to swing driving up the morning of, but didn't know that it would take almost 3 hours to get there (according to mapquest), so I will have to stay over night.

Also, what did they say about retaking the MCAT I think that my scores are adequate to of my scores are 2 points above what they are asking, and one of my scores is one point below what they are asking. Did they say that they were stringent with retaking the MCAT, or is it on a case by case basis?

Que paso Holmes....Hotels in Philly were crazy expensive I ended up staying in some brothel in Jersey for half the price.......take the train

Que paso Holmes....Hotels in Philly were crazy expensive I ended up staying in some brothel in Jersey for half the price.......take the train

My mom, sister and I decided that we were just going to leave really early on the morning of the interview and drive down there. Leave at like 5 in the morning and take the 3 hour drive to the interview, it is more cost effective and it shouldn't be that bad seeing as though they are driving. The only thing is having to wear a suit for that long period of time. I have to think of something else.

My mom, sister and I decided that we were just going to leave really early on the morning of the interview and drive down there. Leave at like 5 in the morning and take the 3 hour drive to the interview, it is more cost effective and it shouldn't be that bad seeing as though they are driving. The only thing is having to wear a suit for that long period of time. I have to think of something else.
you can keep a change of clothes on you. like where the pant suit but have a tshirt on for the drive that you can change into when you get to the school so that you look fresh...if your MCAT score makes you a good candidate for the DPMS program....are you sure you dont want to take it again?

I hope they send out more these interview e-mails!:confused:

you can keep a change of clothes on you. like where the pant suit but have a tshirt on for the drive that you can change into when you get to the school so that you look fresh...if your MCAT score makes you a good candidate for the DPMS program....are you sure you dont want to take it again?

I guess in all honesty it is the angst of having to retake the test. I am not sure how it is now that it is computer based, I hear that it is a little easier and not as overwhelming, but goodness!!!! But if that is what I gotta do, then thats what I gotta do. But yeah i was thinking about that. I have a skirt suit, but am really contemplating going out this weekend and getting a nice pantsuit, cuz the whole skirt stocking change in the car scares me.:eek:

Hi everybody. I just scheduled my interview today for the end of this week and wanted to see if anyone had any advice about the interview. I saw on the website that applicants interview with a faculty member and a current student..but I wasn't sure if that applied to DPMS. Also, did anyone think the interview was more casual/conversational or was it more of a strict medical school interview? Any advice you could provide would be great! Thanks : )

I guess in all honesty it is the angst of having to retake the test. I am not sure how it is now that it is computer based, I hear that it is a little easier and not as overwhelming, but goodness!!!! But if that is what I gotta do, then thats what I gotta do. But yeah i was thinking about that. I have a skirt suit, but am really contemplating going out this weekend and getting a nice pantsuit, cuz the whole skirt stocking change in the car scares me.:eek:
now that you put it like that....I think the pant suit is a go :)

Hi everybody. I just scheduled my interview today for the end of this week and wanted to see if anyone had any advice about the interview. I saw on the website that applicants interview with a faculty member and a current student..but I wasn't sure if that applied to DPMS. Also, did anyone think the interview was more casual/conversational or was it more of a strict medical school interview? Any advice you could provide would be great! Thanks : )
definately look through this thread....and the interview feedback for drexel. the dpms interview is pretty much laid back and conversational.
best wishes :)

Hello DPMS Hopefuls,

I wanted to follow-up on my previous post concerning admissions decisions. I contacted Dr. Walker again last week and she said that the committee still has not met regarding DPMS applicants :thumbdown: . She did not tell me when they would meet. I was getting impatient and decided to call Kelli Kennedy from the admissions office this morning about when they would start notifying applicants. She told me that they are still interviewing applicants and would have one meeting the end of the first week of June (June 8?) to decide on everyone at once.

This has been the longest wait ever :mad: . The program begins the last week in June and I don't think its fair to give people such short notice. I may just end up going to BU for the Medical Science program. I already gave them my deposit, too bad they don't have an early assurance component like Drexel +pissed+ I have to move out of my apartment by May 31 and was really was looking forward to moving into an apartment in Philly for June 1. Good luck everyone :luck:

Hello DPMS Hopefuls,

I wanted to follow-up on my previous post concerning admissions decisions. I contacted Dr. Walker again last week and she said that the committee still has not met regarding DPMS applicants :thumbdown: . She did not tell me when they would meet. I was getting impatient and decided to call Kelli Kennedy from the admissions office this morning about when they would start notifying applicants. She told me that they are still interviewing applicants and would have one meeting the end of the first week of June (June 8?) to decide on everyone at once.

This has been the longest wait ever :mad: . The program begins the last week in June and I don't think its fair to give people such short notice. I may just end up going to BU for the Medical Science program. I already gave them my deposit, too bad they don't have an early assurance component like Drexel +pissed+ I have to move out of my apartment by May 31 and was really was looking forward to moving into an apartment in Philly for June 1. Good luck everyone :luck:

It looks like you and I are in the same boat. I haven't send in my deposit for BUMAMS yet and by the looks of it (Drexel not making a decision before June 8th), I think I should do that. This admissions process is def pain in the a$$!