Drexel DPMS 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got an email saying an admissions decision has been rendered, please login to your account. Almost had a heart attack. Come to find it was an acceptance to the MBS program that they called me about yesterday . Really thought it was gonna be DPMS

what mbs program was it? Did anyone get accepted to a IHS program?

Members don't see this ad.

Okay so I guess my email to Mr. Rodgers was forwarded to a Student Admissions Counselor and here is what they said to me:

"The medical school doesn't really share a timeline with us. I would try to reach out to someone over there who might be able to help you out as we only have a timeline for the graduate school.

If you have any questions, please contact our office at [email protected]"

• Okay...
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just released my acceptance from Johns Hopkins’ SMP because their classes started today. I just hope it was worth it for this program, it’s super difficult considering we were told we would have an answer by now!! :unsure:

I've had to give up my seat at a couple of great programs because I'm waiting for DPMS too!! Its so unfortunate that most of us have had to sacrifice other programs to just keep waiting. Worst of all is the factor of not knowing. Needless to say, I'm sure we're all very over the waiting period. I'm praying it's all worth it in the end for all of usl!! :nailbiting::xf:

Reactions: 4 users
I did! But there isn't much info on the program LOL
Yea, there wasn't alot of info, but I'm still going along with it, since it's "guranteed interview" and I'll honestly prefer the longer program.

Reactions: 1 user
But yeah guys I've just attempted to call the med school's admission office to see if I can get some answers and it looks they they aren't answering their phones either. I'm going to send them an email as well but I'm definitely over it today :laugh:

Okay so I guess my email to Mr. Rodgers was forwarded to a Student Admissions Counselor and here is what they said to me:

"The medical school doesn't really share a timeline with us. I would try to reach out to someone over there who might be able to help you out as we only have a timeline for the graduate school.

If you have any questions, please contact our office at [email protected]"
I’ve sent an email to this address about interviews and decisions, and I received the exact same message as above. Lol.

• Haha
If we’re being punk’d they can bring out the cameras now LMAO

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
My heart goes out to all of you who gave up your seat to other great programs in hopes of getting accepted into DPMS. I pray the admissions committee at DPMS sees our potential and passion to serve others! :) No matter what happens, you are all strong and capable human beings who are clearly driven to pursue your dreams. I am here with you!

Reactions: 9 users
My heart goes out to all of you who gave up your seat to other great programs in hopes of getting accepted into DPMS. I pray the admissions committee at DPMS sees our potential and passion to serve others! :) No matter what happens, you are all strong and capable human beings who are clearly driven to pursue your dreams. I am here with you!

Def praying for those of you who declined seats at other programs. Please go find a backup or 2 to apply to just in case, a few SMP programs are still open till June ish I think, just do a search & cover all your bases PLEASE!

Does anyone remember the name of the kind lady who hosted the interview? Maybe someone could email her to get updates on the status of the program acceptances?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone remember the name of the kind lady who hosted the interview? Maybe someone could email her to get updates on the status of the program acceptances?

Vanessa hosted my interview, but I don’t have her email address. She did say we should feel free to reach out to her if we haven’t heard anything in early June

This is the response I got from the med school/my interview host Brian:

"Thank you for your email and your continued interest in the DPMS program and the Drexel University College of Medicine. We had an especially strong application pool this year and we are in the process of finalizing our decisions. As soon as we have these decisions they will be released to the students.

We understand that this is a stressful time and we truly appreciate your patience!

You are always welcome to contact me with any additional questions you may have."

• Okay...
Reactions: 1 users
This is the response I got from the med school/my interview host Brian:

"Thank you for your email and your continued interest in the DPMS program and the Drexel University College of Medicine. We had an especially strong application pool this year and we are in the process of finalizing our decisions. As soon as we have these decisions they will be released to the students.

We understand that this is a stressful time and we truly appreciate your patience!

You are always welcome to contact me with any additional questions you may have."
Thanks for sharing!
but what does this mean in terms of interviews? Are they done sending IIs? I think they should have communicated all these delays to us, be more considerate of our time.

Thanks for sharing!
but what does this mean in terms of interviews? Are they done sending IIs? I think they should have communicated all these delays to us, be more considerate of our time.
No problem! I will send another email to Brian asking about interviews because I have no clue. I agree with you and honestly based on his email and the response I got from the other departments, it seems like no one knows exactly when they will send decisions out.

Thanks for sharing!
Completely agree. The amount of people that have talked about declining other acceptances in waiting for DPMS is crazy. Just wish we had some sort of insight on when they would come out so we could plan accordingly.

No problem! I will send another email to Brian asking about interviews because I have no clue. I agree with you and honestly based on his email and the response I got from the other departments, it seems like no one knows exactly when they will send decisions out.

Awesome! Thank you & please let us know what he says about interviews bc no one is being transparent about that & right now I would just like to get out of the dark & know.

I just released my acceptance from Johns Hopkins’ SMP because their classes started today. I just hope it was worth it for this program, it’s super difficult considering we were told we would have an answer by now!! :unsure:

If its any consolation, when I applied 2 years ago I didn't get my acceptance until mid-June. It may be a lot slower this year because of COVID, but regardless, wishing you the best of luck! :)

If its any consolation, when I applied 2 years ago I didn't get my acceptance until mid-June. It may be a lot slower this year because of COVID, but regardless, wishing you the best of luck! :)
And the program still started July 1 then as well?

Hey guys this was Brian’s response to my most recent email:

“Not a problem, we are always available to answer your questions.”

While ultimately a decision made by the DPMS program, I believe we have completed interviews at this time. We hope to relay all decisions by the middle of June. “

• Wow

While ultimately a decision made by the DPMS program, I believe we have completed interviews at this time. We hope to relay all decisions by the middle of June. “

thank you for clarifying!! Just sucks that we have to wait another 2 weeks! I might die by then lol

I feel like that’s not much different from what we already know. I honestly hope to god they can give us something before then. I will def be enrolled in another program by the middle of June and I would like to know my own final decision before then. Ughhh this is just so annoying.

This is awesome! Now atleast we know there are no more interviews and if we don’t have an interview it’s a rejection so we can move on with our lives! Thanks!

This is awesome! Now atleast we know there are no more interviews and if we don’t have an interview it’s a rejection so we can move on with our lives! Thanks!
But the fact that they couldn’t just inform those waiting that they won’t be interviewed??? Lol lemme stop b*tching

Hey y'all!

I got some updates from Dr. Núñez which I'm excited to share hot off the press!

- Matriculation into DUCOM this year is the highest ever at 77%! Congrats to the current class!!
- There may be some cheaper housing options in West Philly next to the main campus available for the future DPMS class. More information on that will come.
- Interviews are continuing, and they are 1/2 done. It's been really nice meeting and having the ability to answer some of y'all's questions during the Q&A session.

That's it for now. I'll also help with the interview for tomorrow, and I hope that you all are able to keep sane and happy through the waiting.
Are they done interviewing for real?

Dude what???
At least 2 other people I have talked to have said they’re extending interviews. & even yesterday I got a response saying my app was still under review, so what the heck is really true?
If they were gonna reject people why haven’t done that bc plenty of people in this thread have already been rejected. Lol thank God my app fee was waived bc I would be even more annoyed

Still confused. Does this mean no first wave/second wave or theres still a first and second wave just that everybody would have a decision by mid June?

Yeah I'm also just as confused. Either everyone involved with admissions is not on the same page or we have just been left in the dark. It seems like they concluded interviews w/o informing those still waiting on an invite and then everyone waiting on an admissions decision will just have to wait until mid June. Hopefully @SparklesDuWang can please shed some light on this since they have access to the inside.

And the program still started July 1 then as well?
Yes it started July 2nd if I’m not mistaking. But don’t worry, things do come together. I don’t know what the logistics will be this year in terms of the summer session and housing. But if you have any other questions feel free to dm me.

Yeah I'm also just as confused. Either everyone involved with admissions is not on the same page or we have just been left in the dark. It seems like they concluded interviews w/o informing those still waiting on an invite and then everyone waiting on an admissions decision will just have to wait until mid June. Hopefully @SparklesDuWang can please shed some light on this since they have access to the inside.
Hey there I'm a current DPMS student. I am not super sure of the answers to these questions, but I do know that the DPMS program is kind of its own thing along with the regular medical school admissions. So some people on medical school admissions may not necessarily be informed on what is exactly happening with DPMS. Also I understand how stressful and annoying it is to wait, but I feel like the best thing you can do is to try to focus on other things and stay positive. As for other programs you may have acceptances too, I recommend calling them and seeing if they could hold your seat, or give an extension to when you make a decision. I know that's something I did myself last year when I was waiting on my DPMS decision. Also anyone feel free to DM any questions and hang in there !

Reactions: 7 users
should I give up on getting an interview? I haven't heard anything yet but it still says under review in the portal

Hey guys!!

I spoke to Dr. Nuñéz and there was a hiccup with DPMS acceptances that was outside of their control. The first round of acceptances and waitlists were supposed to come out this week but there was an issue and they are fixing it RIGHT away so that you can hear back soon.

I know how nerve wrecking this may be, I was in your place last year but please remain patient & positive. As someone else said, please ask other schools to extend your deadlines so that you’re not left without options.

I hope you guys hear back soon and I’ll update you if she tells me anything else.

Reactions: 13 users
Hey guys!!

I spoke to Dr. Nuñéz and there was a hiccup with DPMS acceptances that was outside of their control. The first round of acceptances and waitlists were supposed to come out this week but there was an issue and they are fixing it RIGHT away so that you can hear back soon.

I know how nerve wrecking this may be, I was in your place last year but please remain patient & positive. As someone else said, please ask other schools to extend your deadlines so that you’re not left without options.

I hope you guys hear back soon and I’ll update you if she tells me anything else.
Thank you for reaching out for us! I really appreciate it! For me, one of the schools I got into wants a pretty hefty deposit by Monday, so do you think that we'll hear back before then (maybe even on a weekend)? Money is tight for me (and I'm sure others) and don't want to potentially waste money for a program I won't go to if accepted to DPMS.

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys!!

Thank you for taking the time to keep us updated. Is there anyway to findout if they are still considering to interview applicants? Im sure alot of us are still “under review”. I mean it gets to a point when, a rejection is better waiting in the dark. Some of us are blessed to have other alternatives incase DPMS doesnt work out, but not everyone has that safety net.

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys!!

Really appreciate this update!! Thank you so much!

Hey guys!!

Thank you! Can you possibly ask if interviews are happening in June?

Hey guys!!

Thanks really appreciate this update. Do you have any details on what this hiccup entailed and how it was preventing the acceptances from coming out?

Hey guys!!

I really love the current/ex DPMS students....like y’all don’t have any idea. How much we appreciate you all for coming here and informing us. Thank you for updating us, we were actually going insane yesterday.

Reactions: 11 users
Thank you for taking the time to keep us updated. Is there anyway to findout if they are still considering to interview applicants? Im sure alot of us are still “under review”. I mean it gets to a point when, a rejection is better waiting in the dark. Some of us are blessed to have other alternatives incase DPMS doesnt work out, but not everyone has that safety net.

I second this, if you know any concrete info about those of us still under review we’d really appreciate it

Thank you for reaching out for us! I really appreciate it! For me, one of the schools I got into wants a pretty hefty deposit by Monday, so do you think that we'll hear back before then (maybe even on a weekend)? Money is tight for me (and I'm sure others) and don't want to potentially waste money for a program I won't go to if accepted to DPMS.

She just told me first wave will be out by no later than Monday!
Also, this year’s class will be the largest!! Around 55.

good luck guys, stay patient!

Reactions: 15 users
I really love the current/ex DPMS students....like y’all don’t have any idea. How much we appreciate you all for coming here and informing us. Thank you for updating us, we were actually going insane yesterday.

we love you too

• Haha
Thanks really appreciate this update. Do you have any details on what this hiccup entailed and how it was preventing the acceptances from coming out?

no, she didn’t give me details but she said no later than Monday, acceptances and wait lists will be out

I just asked her, will let you know. I believe that also depends on the first wave of applicants, if they commit and then also wait lists. But I will let you know what she says

She just told me first wave will be out by no later than Monday!
Also, this year’s class will be the largest!! Around 55.

good luck guys, stay patient!
This is really exciting news— thank you for sharing!