Drexel DPMS 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys my application status just went blank and I haven’t been interviewed either so based on previous posts, I’m assuming I have been rejected. However, I was accepted to their IMS program last week and I was just wondering if it’s worth it?

I’m hoping that I’ll at least get into IMS if not accepted for DPMS. The curriculum is similar-- more rigorous looking, in fact-- and Drexel accepts ~50% of the applicants they interview, which I would say are pretty good odds. You would have a year to prove yourself and make a strong impression on the med school professors. I think it's worth it!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m hoping that I’ll at least get into IMS if not accepted for DPMS. The curriculum is similar-- more rigorous looking, in fact-- and Drexel accepts ~50% of the applicants they interview, which I would say are pretty good odds. You would have a year to prove yourself and make a strong impression on the med school professors. I think it's worth it!
Did you interview for DPMS?

Did you interview for DPMS?

I did, but I don’t feel like I interviewed particularly well, which is why I’m holding out hope for IMS haha. DUCOM seems like a great school and I’ll take any chance I can get at getting in :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all! I have been following this thread for a couple weeks. I am also patiently waiting to hear back after my interview. I wanted to share that I appreciate everyone on here for showing support for each other. We are truly all in this together and I hope that we make it in! :)

Reactions: 14 users
No I haven't heard anything about an interview.

I sent an update and was told they will send my update to the right people. It doesnt hurt to do it.
Which email did you submit your update to? I submitted mine about a week ago and they never responded that they received it. I just want to make sure that I sent it to the right email address!

When the screen goes blank how does it look?

Hey y'all!

I got some updates from Dr. Núñez which I'm excited to share hot off the press!

- Matriculation into DUCOM this year is the highest ever at 77%! Congrats to the current class!!
- There may be some cheaper housing options in West Philly next to the main campus available for the future DPMS class. More information on that will come.
- Interviews are continuing, and they are 1/2 done. It's been really nice meeting and having the ability to answer some of y'all's questions during the Q&A session.

That's it for now. I'll also help with the interview for tomorrow, and I hope that you all are able to keep sane and happy through the waiting.

Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y'all!

- Matriculation into DUCOM this year is the highest ever at 77%! Congrats to the current class!!
- There may be some cheaper housing options in West Philly next to the main campus available for the future DPMS class. More information on that will come.
- Interviews are continuing, and they are 1/2 done. It's been really nice meeting and having the ability to answer some of y'all's questions during the Q&A session.

That's it for now. I'll also help with the interview for tomorrow, and I hope that you all are able to keep sane and happy through the waiting.

Thank You!!!!! You’re the best! 77% matriculation is great news. Do you know approximately when we’ll hear back for those of us who interviewed in April?

Reactions: 1 users
Thank You!!!!! You’re the best! 77% matriculation is great news. Do you know approximately when we’ll hear back for those of us who interviewed in April?
Also wondering about this! During my interview day in April we were told middle of May. I assume with the pandemic things might have changed since then. Are they now waiting to release any acceptances until all interviews are done (even if they are adding more dates. How many more dates are they adding past the 20th?)

Also congratulations to the current DPMS students!! 77% is amazing and shows how great of an opportunity this is

Last edited:
What about those of us still waiting to hear if we’ll even get an interview...?
I know they said they’re extending interviews but dang this is a disservice to say the least..

Hey y'all!

Thanks for the update! I heard that they said they'll be releasing the first batch of acceptances in mid-may and the second batch in end of may/june. I'm kind of surprised they're only done with 1/2 of the interviews since i assumed this week would be the last round? Unless they've added more dates then are they accepting more than the average 175-200 interviewees and possibly accepting more students (i hope so!)? Also can you maybe touch on how we'll be evaluated holistically? Can the interview make or break getting an acceptance? Sorry for asking so many questions. Thanks again : )

Reactions: 4 users
Thanks for the update! I heard that they said they'll be releasing the first batch of acceptances in mid-may and the second batch in end of may/june. I'm kind of surprised they're only done with 1/2 of the interviews since i assumed this week would be the last round? Unless they've added more dates then are they accepting more than the average 175-200 interviewees and possibly accepting more students (i hope so!)? Also can you maybe touch on how we'll be evaluated holistically? Can the interview make or break getting an acceptance? Sorry for asking so many questions. Thanks again : )

I know bc I talked to the school that they’re adding more interview dates so the 2nd batch of acceptances won’t come till at least the end of June...

So they're 1/2 done with interviews for people who were invited, or are they still offering interviews?

I honestly just hope we can hear some news within the next couple of days. I know there’s a virus going on but last class had decisions this time last year. No way do i wanna wait until the end of June for a decision.

Reactions: 3 users

Apparently they're interviewing about 300 students this year. That's insane!

A friend of mine interviewed today and said that Dr.Nuñez mentioned that they're interviewing about 300 students, accepting 80, and planning on sitting 45 of those 80 into the upcoming class.
The odds do not seem to be in our favor post interview this year. Getting very nervous now. I hope they start releasing decisions soon.

Good luck to all those that interviewed and to those still waiting for an interview, hang in there I’m sure good things are coming your way!

Reactions: 4 users
A friend of mine interviewed today and said that Dr.Nuñez mentioned that they're interviewing about 300 students, accepting 80, and planning on sitting 45 of those 80 into the upcoming class.
So let's say they accept 80 and all 80 say yes ... lol

What would happen then? Because like you mentioned and also when I interviewed, she said that she keeps the class size to 45 students exactly.

What would happen then? Because like you mentioned and also when I interviewed, she said that she keeps the class size to 45 students exactly.
I speculate now that they may accept 80 total, but there will be a ton more people going on the waitlist initially before they get accepted. There's most likely no way they will accept 80 people outright.

I speculate now that they may accept 80 total, but there will be a ton more people going on the waitlist initially before they get accepted. There's most likely no way they will accept 80 people outright.
Yeah I'm under the assumption that those 80 includes people on the waitlist.

Hey y'all! I saw some questions that I felt like I could give some sense of an answer to, and here they are. I hope this helps!

The amount of times I check this thread and my Drexel portal is ungodly

Please be kind to yourself. If you know this is a trigger for anxiety, please try an activity that gives you a piece of mind.

The first round of decisions will be coming out by the end of this week. At latest, it will be the beginning of next week. The second round of decisions will happen at the latest by mid-June so that everyone has at least 2 weeks before the start of the summer to get things in order. There will only be 2 rounds of acceptances.

Also wondering about this! During my interview day in April we were told middle of May. I assume with the pandemic things might have changed since then. Are they now waiting to release any acceptances until all interviews are done (even if they are adding more dates. How many more dates are they adding past the 20th?)

Also congratulations to the current DPMS students!! 77% is amazing and shows how great of an opportunity this is

They will accept half the class by the end of this week and the other half by mid-June.

I don't know how many more dates they are adding, but I do know that since we are at the halfway point, I'm sure that they will go onto near the end of May. My own personal interview was May 22 the year I had mine, and I know there were more dates after my interview. I think things will follow the same pattern.

What about those of us still waiting to hear if we’ll even get an interview...?
I know they said they’re extending interviews but dang this is a disservice to say the least..

Please be as patient as possible. I know it's hard. They are still reviewing applications. Remember no news is good news because that means you're still in the running.

I know that may not do much to subdue your feelings. I can honestly understand how you feel. It can totally feel like a disservice, and please try to think of it this way. The admission committee wants to take its time to review each applicant fairly and thoroughly to see how they will fit in with a cohort that would do well in the hardest year of academic life as well as add great things for the next year's entering medical class. If they rushed through everything, then they might make a mistake that could be financially disastrous and dream ending for some. This is in your and everyone's best interest. Also, honestly, this is almost like a right of passage of all individuals that go to med school having to wait and wait and wait and wait..... You get my drift. So please do something that will make yourself feel better.

They will be interviewing ~300 individuals, which means that this year's applicant pool is full of amazing people. Y'all should be really proud of yourselves!

As for being evaluated holistically, the admission committee will review all of your applications fully and vote on to add you to the upcoming class, put you on the waitlist, or reject you. I don't know the full process since I am not part of the admissions committee. I have talked to the members of admissions committee of other school before, and they told me that a process that does happen is that points are awarded to all parts of the application including the interview and decide a number that signifies acceptance and waitlist cutoffs. I don't know if that is true with Drexel or not.

As for the interview, it can break your chances of acceptance. Getting an interview means that on paper, you look like you are academically capable of success in the program. The interview can persuade them to give you the shot at DPMS, or it can just confirm that maybe you aren't the right fit or even ready for the program. It can go so many ways with an interview, and that is why I have advocated in preparing answers to frequently asked med school interview questions, getting your suit ready, practicing with someone, recording yourself, etc so that you can present your best self at the interview.

I know bc I talked to the school that they’re adding more interview dates so the 2nd batch of acceptances won’t come till at least the end of June...

This isn't correct. The 2nd round of acceptances will happen in mid-June at the latest to give applicants enough time to get their affairs in order. I was a person accepted during the 2nd round, and I had exactly 15 days/2 weeks to get ready to come to Philly. I know it's a short time frame, but it is the nature of this experience.

The odds do not seem to be in our favor post interview this year. Getting very nervous now. I hope they start releasing decisions soon.

Good luck to all those that interviewed and to those still waiting for an interview, hang in there I’m sure good things are coming your way!

I can understand you being nervous. It's only natural when you hear arbitrary numbers and facts.

I would say that anyone's odds are about the same actually. Remember that you are unique and are the only person capable of adding your essence and flavor to this experience. The admissions committee may have an idea of what kind of group they want this next DPMS class to be, and if you fit into that vision, you are a shoe-in. Now what that idea may be is only knowledge that the admission committee has, but please focus on the small victories you've had. You interviewing is an awesome and amazing achievement. It's something to be very proud of.

Also, for others who have interviewed to read, this may sound a little idealistic, but it is truth. Interviewing and not getting a position does not mean in any way or form that you are not worthy or capable of getting into med school or a program like DPMS. This truly has no merit on determining your value or if you're capable of doing something like this. You are the perfect person for your opportunity at the right time it's given. It is a hard set-back definitely. It may hurt and feel awful at first. What you do after that is what truly shows others that it's your time to do what you want. If you are determined to make this dream a reality, then it will happen. Reflect on the experience, see what you can improve upon (including soft skills, mental health and outlook, etc), and do exactly those things.

They would not accept more than the class size they are aiming for just in case everyone does say yes. They will add anyone above that number to the waitlist. Dr. Núñez did say this verbatim to us this past Tuesday. If the arbitrary number were to be 80, it would be 45 acceptances and 35 waitlisted. Again, this all is dependent on the decisions of the admissions committee.

Reactions: 9 users
Hey y'all! I saw some questions that I felt like I could give some sense of an answer to, and here they are. I hope this helps!

Please be kind to yourself. If you know this is a trigger for anxiety, please try an activity that gives you a piece of mind.

The first round of decisions will be coming out by the end of this week. At latest, it will be the beginning of next week. The second round of decisions will happen at the latest by mid-June so that everyone has at least 2 weeks before the start of the summer to get things in order. There will only be 2 rounds of acceptances.

They will accept half the class by the end of this week and the other half by mid-June.

I don't know how many more dates they are adding, but I do know that since we are at the halfway point, I'm sure that they will go onto near the end of May. My own personal interview was May 22 the year I had mine, and I know there were more dates after my interview. I think things will follow the same pattern.

Please be as patient as possible. I know it's hard. They are still reviewing applications. Remember no news is good news because that means you're still in the running.

I know that may not do much to subdue your feelings. I can honestly understand how you feel. It can totally feel like a disservice, and please try to think of it this way. The admission committee wants to take its time to review each applicant fairly and thoroughly to see how they will fit in with a cohort that would do well in the hardest year of academic life as well as add great things for the next year's entering medical class. If they rushed through everything, then they might make a mistake that could be financially disastrous and dream ending for some. This is in your and everyone's best interest. Also, honestly, this is almost like a right of passage of all individuals that go to med school having to wait and wait and wait and wait..... You get my drift. So please do something that will make yourself feel better.

They will be interviewing ~300 individuals, which means that this year's applicant pool is full of amazing people. Y'all should be really proud of yourselves!

As for being evaluated holistically, the admission committee will review all of your applications fully and vote on to add you to the upcoming class, put you on the waitlist, or reject you. I don't know the full process since I am not part of the admissions committee. I have talked to the members of admissions committee of other school before, and they told me that a process that does happen is that points are awarded to all parts of the application including the interview and decide a number that signifies acceptance and waitlist cutoffs. I don't know if that is true with Drexel or not.

As for the interview, it can break your chances of acceptance. Getting an interview means that on paper, you look like you are academically capable of success in the program. The interview can persuade them to give you the shot at DPMS, or it can just confirm that maybe you aren't the right fit or even ready for the program. It can go so many ways with an interview, and that is why I have advocated in preparing answers to frequently asked med school interview questions, getting your suit ready, practicing with someone, recording yourself, etc so that you can present your best self at the interview.

This isn't correct. The 2nd round of acceptances will happen in mid-June at the latest to give applicants enough time to get their affairs in order. I was a person accepted during the 2nd round, and I had exactly 15 days/2 weeks to get ready to come to Philly. I know it's a short time frame, but it is the nature of this experience.

I can understand you being nervous. It's only natural when you hear arbitrary numbers and facts.

I would say that anyone's odds are about the same actually. Remember that you are unique and are the only person capable of adding your essence and flavor to this experience. The admissions committee may have an idea of what kind of group they want this next DPMS class to be, and if you fit into that vision, you are a shoe-in. Now what that idea may be is only knowledge that the admission committee has, but please focus on the small victories you've had. You interviewing is an awesome and amazing achievement. It's something to be very proud of.

Also, for others who have interviewed to read, this may sound a little idealistic, but it is truth. Interviewing and not getting a position does not mean in any way or form that you are not worthy or capable of getting into med school or a program like DPMS. This truly has no merit on determining your value or if you're capable of doing something like this. You are the perfect person for your opportunity at the right time it's given. It is a hard set-back definitely. It may hurt and feel awful at first. What you do after that is what truly shows others that it's your time to do what you want. If you are determined to make this dream a reality, then it will happen. Reflect on the experience, see what you can improve upon (including soft skills, mental health and outlook, etc), and do exactly those things.

They would not accept more than the class size they are aiming for just in case everyone does say yes. They will add anyone above that number to the waitlist. Dr. Núñez did say this verbatim to us this past Tuesday. If the arbitrary number were to be 80, it would be 45 acceptances and 35 waitlisted. Again, this all is dependent on the decisions of the admissions committee.
I (and I most likely speak for everyone else on this thread) really thank you for taking the time to help dispel some of our nervous pre-med energy. It’s really helpful to have someone on the inside give us accurate and up to date info while going through this process.

I just did a short meditation and it’s really helped calm myself. All we can do is wait until decisions come out and hope for the best. For me, whether I am accepted or not, I know that this is only the beginning of what I hope will be a wonderful career in medicine. Chin up guys! We can do this!

Reactions: 14 users
I (and I most likely speak for everyone else on this thread) really thank you for taking the time to help dispel some of our nervous pre-med energy. It’s really helpful to have someone on the inside give us accurate and up to date info while going through this process.

I just did a short meditation and it’s really helped calm myself. All we can do is wait until decisions come out and hope for the best. For me, whether I am accepted or not, I know that this is only the beginning of what I hope will be a wonderful career in medicine. Chin up guys! We can do this!

You're welcome and no problem! It truly is my pleasure to help out in this small way. I remember being in your shoes and how crazy I felt (Plot twist: the crazy feeling stays but is caused different things at different times lol). That is why I became a TA for DPMS and why I continue to do this on here. I love it when the DPMS fam can support and nurture our own.

Reactions: 8 users
You're welcome and no problem! It truly is my pleasure to help out in this small way. I remember being in your shoes and how crazy I felt (Plot twist: the crazy feeling stays but is caused different things at different times lol). That is why I became a TA for DPMS and why I continue to do this on here. I love it when the DPMS fam can support and nurture our own.

Thank you!!! & thank you for the correction, that’s weird bc that was what was emailed to me, nonetheless thank you for the clarity you’re taking time to give to this entire thread.
It’s super hard to be patient, but it is a virtue that receives great reward. Back to the waiting game we go!

I truly appreciate this thread. It has been nothing but helpful. I must admit: the fact that they are interviewing ~300 individuals is nerve-racking, but I’m glad I get the most up to date information from this thread! What’s destined for us is already ours.

Reactions: 7 users
I just wish this process happened a little earlier in the year... I’ve gotten accepted to a couple of other MBS programs but have unfortunately passed the timeline to accept their admission because I’ve been waiting for DPMS :’(. I’ve paid a non-refundable $500 deposit to at least secure a spot in another program as a plan B. Praying that DPMS ends up working out for all of us!!!!! Anxiety is on high but trying to stay ~positive~. We got this everyone! :giggle:

Reactions: 3 users
I just wish this process happened a little earlier in the year... I’ve gotten accepted to a couple of other MBS programs but have unfortunately passed the timeline to accept their admission because I’ve been waiting for DPMS :’(. I’ve paid a non-refundable $500 deposit to at least secure a spot in another program as a plan B. Praying that DPMS ends up working out for all of us!!!!! Anxiety is on high but trying to stay ~positive~. We got this everyone! :giggle:
Congrats on your other acceptance! Any of your mbs is a linkage?

Congrats on your other acceptance! Any of your mbs is a linkage?

Thank you so much! Out of the ones I've gotten into, the only program that offers linkage is Bluefield College/VCOM program! So I'd have to choose between doing linkage to DO or attending an MD school that only offers guaranteed interviews. As of right now I'm still enrolled in USF MBS which is where I went to undergrad (and didn't have to pay a deposit) and the VCOM MBS linkage program.

Thank you so much! Out of the ones I've gotten into, the only program that offers linkage is Bluefield College/VCOM program! So I'd have to choose between doing linkage to DO or attending an MD school that only offers guaranteed interviews. As of right now I'm still enrolled in USF MBS which is where I went to undergrad (and didn't have to pay a deposit) and the VCOM MBS linkage program.
Same, I did the deposit to VCOM MABS but I’m waiting on DPMS. Good luck!

So, it was a rejection for me (again). Got an email to check my portal.
Best of luck to everyone else!

Got the R. Re-applicant from 2017.

Oh well. It is what it is. Best of luck to the rest of you!

I am so sorry! This waiting game sucks. If you don’t mind me asking, when did you interview? Best of luck and don’t give up future doctor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so sorry! This waiting game sucks. If you don’t mind me asking, when did you interview? Best of luck and don’t give up future doctor!

Thank you for your kind words. Unfortunately, i was not given an opportunity to even interview.

Thank you for your kind words. Unfortunately, i was not given an opportunity to even interview.

Oh man, I’m sorry! I was in your place last year. Keep your chin up and continue working on your app. I hope this does not discourage you from re-applying here or elsewhere.

I'm so sorry. Keep your head up and keep pushing forward! You WILL become a doctor and thats just a fact! What were your stats if you don't mind me asking? Also did you apply to other programs?

Hey everyone, I hope you guys are all staying safe. I'm a frequent stalker of this page and currently an applicant. So my admission status just went blank and I'm taking that as a rejection :( has anyone else had this happen?

Hey everyone, I hope you guys are all staying safe. I'm a frequent stalker of this page and currently an applicant. So my admission status just went blank and I'm taking that as a rejection :( has anyone else had this happen?
I unfortunately haven’t experienced this, but many people on this thread have. But, I truly must say, I have no idea what you all refer to when you say your status went blank. What does it look like for you? I had my interview, and the only thing that has changed is the date of my interview.

I unfortunately haven’t experienced this, but many people on this thread have. But, I truly must say, I have no idea what you all refer to when you say your status went blank. What does it look like for you? I had my interview, and the only thing that has changed is the date of my interview.

So like you know how under admission status there’s a paragraph stating how your application is under review etc. Well not that whole paragraph is just gone.