DREXEL DPMS 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else who got rejected from DPMS get accepted into another program at Drexel without applying? How are you all approaching this?
Hi! I also got rejected from DPMS, but accepted to IHS. The email said IHS would "be a better fit for my goals", but when I looked on the website, it seems geared toward those going into allied health fields. I'm wondering, if I do this program, how it will enhance my chances of getting into medical school. I also applied to another one year Master program at Drexel and got invited to interview. Trying to weigh my options, I guess, but just a little confused where to go from here:/

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all!
My name is Peter, and I am the executive TA for DPMS this upcoming school year. We have made the official Facebook page for those who have CONFIRMED their enrollment into the program. It will ask for your email (Drexel email or the email address you used for admissions) when you send in your request. I look forward to meeting you all!

Link: Facebook 小组

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any updates for those that got waitlisted. Just worried because I got in and already feel overwhelmed. I don't know how people that come off the waitlist will be able to get everything together in time

Reactions: 1 user
Any updates for those that got waitlisted. Just worried because I got in and already feel overwhelmed. I don't know how people that come off the waitlist will be able to get everything together in time
First - congratulations 🍾🎊!! I haven’t heard anything 🥺 when did you get your acceptance ?

Congratulations to the both of you. Make sure you join the official facebook page

Congratulations to the both of you. Make sure you join the official facebook page
Thank you! I’m having trouble joining the Group Me account! I also requested to be added to the Facebook page but I haven’t been approved yet.

They havent
Thank you! I’m having trouble joining the Group Me account! I also requested to be added to the Facebook page but I haven’t been approved yet.
They havent fully set up the groupme yet! :)

I guess I'm confused as to how people with a 3.7 GPA and 511 MCAT scores are getting interviews for this program?? Not to say that I have ANY idea about anyone's personal background or disadvantages but your numbers aren't disadvantaged in the slightest. It just seems unfair that several people in this thread get interviewed with numbers like that when really they could just reapply to AMCAS more broadly and get in, versus people who actually NEED this program to get into medical school. Isn't that what this program is for, people who need it? Isn't that why the "recommended competitive" GPA is 2.9+ and MCAT of 499+ to not have to retake it?

I'm very disheartened by this whole process. Not just Drexel but the entire medical school application process. As much as everyone talks about personal statements and heartfelt stories, none of that matters. Your GPA and MCAT get you in. Period. Your story doesn't matter. Your improvements don't matter. "Holistic review" is a cruel joke.

I'm noticing the same thing this year, nothing has changed. Just looking at some of their stats, the people who received early interviews don't need this program at all. And honestly worst-case many would get into any DO school they wanted. It's actually baffling. But this comes down to the admissions committee allowing this, you can't really blame people for taking advantage of it. I roll my eyes when I read "holistic review" as well, it's often not true.

I'm noticing the same thing this year, nothing has changed. Just looking at some of their stats, the people who received early interviews don't need this program at all. And honestly worst-case many would get into any DO school they wanted. It's actually baffling. But this comes down to the admissions committee allowing this, you can't really blame people for taking advantage of it. I roll my eyes when I read "holistic review" as well, it's often not true.
Hii! I see you've made it through the past cycles to gauge what's happening this year. This was my application year, and I can confidently tell you that you cannot believe everything people post here lol. Having gone through the program and working closely with students this past year as a TA...some of those "high stats students" sometimes need the most help and guidance, and, honestly, sometimes don't even get to meet contract. I understand your frustration because I was in your place at some point trying to figure out my next steps while admin made up their mind about my application. Ultimately, they know who they are picking for a reason. I've seen a huge variation in the past classes between MCAT/Gpa combos (low/low, high/low, low/high, high/high) - but all of that is very subjective to their story as well (For example, a person that gets a 515 MCAT after maxing out their MCAT attempts.) I agree that the numbers get you in when you apply through a regular cycle, but that's definitely not the same for DPMS. You have every right to feel how you feel about this program's timeline and what decisions they make for their cohort, but ultimately accepting students that have super low mcat/gpas is detrimental to their own success when the program is extremely difficult (as some students may benefit more from 2yr programs vs. 1 accelerated year).