DREXEL DPMS 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why do you think more will go out later today?
Last year the results went out around 6pm. Plus we only had like 6 acceptance so far that is way low. They accept 50 individuals and have 2 waives not counting WL movement. So they would have to accept 30 people per waive. At the end of the day thats how I see it, I don't have any more info than you guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I wonder if it was all at once or if ppl were getting emails at diff times. I think the would give me more hope for this afternoon!

looks like it was all at the same time… I keep going back and looking at the thread from last year. a current student was on their thread and had informed them that all first waves acceptances came out at the same time and all that was left was the second wave which happened about 10 days later

Last year the results went out around 6pm. Plus we only had like 6 acceptance so far that is way low. They accept 50 individuals and have 2 waives not counting WL movement. So they would have to accept 30 people per waive. At the end of the day thats how I see it, I don't have any more info than you guys.
It is curiously low for sdn page. Last year there seemed to be more acceptance on the first wave. Anything to keep the hope alive

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Guys my CASPER results still says pending. I took mine on May 20th. Does anyone else’s say that?

Gotchaaa, I see. I just wanted to know your reasoning!!

For those who got acceptd, were your CASPer results already in? I know May 20th was the deadline but those scores haven't been released yet, and I feel like a lot of people took the CASPer that day

Side note: I've been lurking on here a while lol, but I interviewed May 4th and wasn't able to take the test until the 20th. If May 4th results were only released today, that's concerning to me. If I don't get into DPMS I'm planning to apply this cycle but I don't want to submit my app too late.
I took my CASPer in November of last year

Those still waiting for decisions, has anyone gotten in contact with adcoms regarding updates/Casper/track1or2 etcccc

Those still waiting for decisions, has anyone gotten in contact with adcoms regarding updates/Casper/track1or2 etcccc
I have not but I did email CASPER directly so I will update everyone when they respond !

Has anyone been rejected even without the CASPER test results coming in?

Feeling really down right now. Hopefully we get more acceptances through out the week. Wishing everyone good luck!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Feeling really down right now. Hopefully we get more acceptances through out the week. Wishing everyone good luck!
Same here but I find it super hard to believe that none of us got in. Gotta keep our heads high and keep hope alive. 😁😁

Members don't see this ad :)
Casper said the basic 2-3 weeks delivery timeframe from when we took the test. So the earliest could be tomorrow & the latest next week 😩

• Sad
I woke up this morning with a sort of revelation that I thought I'd share, and I hope it helps one person like it's helped me.

Not getting the A yesterday doesn't mean I won't eventually get the A, but it did make me realize that I've purposely stranded myself in a joyless purgatory. As if my life and happiness are entirely dependent on matriculating to medical school ASAP. I've been in a weird place since submitting my AMCAS application a year ago today, and I think I'm finally choosing joy and ending my compulsive refresh on SDN forums, my email, and my portal(s).

Whatever the outcome of this cycle is for you all, I hope you're able to find joy in the future of serving our communities as physicians, whether that is in 5, 6, 7+ years, because there is no 'right path' to medicine.

Good luck to everybody accepted, those waiting for their decision, and those moving on.

• Care
Reactions: 21 users
I woke up this morning with a sort of revelation that I thought I'd share, and I hope it helps one person like it's helped me.

Not getting the A yesterday doesn't mean I won't eventually get the A, but it did make me realize that I've purposely stranded myself in a joyless purgatory. As if my life and happiness are entirely dependent on matriculating to medical school ASAP. I've been in a weird place since submitting my AMCAS application a year ago today, and I think I'm finally choosing joy and ending my compulsive refresh on SDN forums, my email, and my portal(s).

Whatever the outcome of this cycle is for you all, I hope you're able to find joy in the future of serving our communities as physicians, whether that is in 5, 6, 7+ years, because there is no 'right path' to medicine.

Good luck to everybody accepted, those waiting for their decision, and those moving on.
Wow. I love it. I won't stress myself either. Whatever happens happen. I am signing off. Wishing everyone good luck in decisions

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations everyone!!!!! So happy for you all 🙂 I'm lucky enough to be one of your new TA's for next year so I'm excited to meet you all!
Excited to meet you soon! Do you know if a FB group has been created for this years cohort?

My CASPer results say delivered. Took it on the 20th.
Mine say that too, it must have updated earlier today. Really annoying they don't disclose scores; how else could we learn from the content and improve? Hopefully with the CASPer scores, everyone's app is complete for the adcoms they can give those decisions out soon 🤮

Hey guys, just wanted to share with everyone that I emailed Vanessa (host of my interview day) and she noted that the acceptances sent out this week were the first wave of decisions and there will be another wave of decisions sent out sometime next week.

I’m sorry but I just think the whole idea of CASPer is dumb how can you objectively score someone’s personality and then put everyone into percentiles. They’re like there’s no wrong or right answer, but clearly there is 😂

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys, just wanted to share with everyone that I emailed Vanessa (host of my interview day) and she noted that the acceptances sent out this week were the first wave of decisions and there will be another wave of decisions sent out sometime next week.
Oh wow that's very alarming. Did she mention how many waives there are? If there are only 2 it means out of 30 acceptances only 6 were on SDN.

Oh wow that's very alarming. Did she mention how many waives there are? If there are only 2 it means out of 30 acceptances only 6 were on SDN.
I asked if the one yesterday was considered the first one and she replied:

"Yes, that was just the first wave of decisions and there will be another wave of decisions being sent out sometime next week!"

***Based on this response, I'm assuming that the second wave will also be the last wave, but I could be wrong. Also, based on previous threads, there are applicants who interview first round and get accepted in the second wave of decisions!

"Yes, that was just the first wave of decisions and there will be another wave of decisions being sent out sometime next week!"

***Based on this response, I'm assuming that the second wave will also be the last wave, but I could be wrong. Also, based on previous threads, there are applicants who interview first round and get accepted in the second wave of decisions!
thank you so much! this is so helpful. super stressed bc if results come out next week, then we'll only have 2-3 weeks to move our entire lives to philadelphia 💀☠️☠️💀

I interviewed may 13 so idk if that is wave 1 or 2. I just emailed Brian asking more about the situation hopefully he responds by tomorrow. I will keep everyone updated.

My portal still hasn't changed so idk if that is a good thing or not. For those that got accepted/reject did your portal change?

vanessa told me the same thing as well! crossing fingers for next week!

My portal still hasn't changed so idk if that is a good thing or not. For those that got accepted/reject did your portal change?
my portal still hasn’t changed, my interview host told me that unless I have received a rejection letter or portal status, to not assume that I have been rejected.

thank you so much! this is so helpful. super stressed bc if results come out next week, then we'll only have 2-3 weeks to move our entire lives to philadelphia 💀☠️☠️💀
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought the program was virtual until August 1st?Figured that’s why they’ve been slow with decisions..

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought the program was virtual until August 1st?Figured that’s why they’ve been slow with decisions..
You’re right, it is virtual; but I’m just confused how, if accepted, we’d find the time to move while school is happening online. Is there a break between summer and fall where it’d be easier? Maybe a q for past DPMSers.

You’re right, it is virtual; but I’m just confused how, if accepted, we’d find the time to move while school is happening online. Is there a break between summer and fall where it’d be easier? Maybe a q for past DPMSers.

per info given in my interview day, I think there’s like a 7 day break between summer and fall… they kind of left it up to us if we’d want to move before or after depending on what works best for us to succeed

Excited to meet you soon! Do you know if a FB group has been created for this years cohort?
No, I don't know if there has been one yet. Sometimes an academic administrator will create the facebook group, sometimes the lead TA will, or one of you accepted students are able to start one!!

Hey guys just got an email back from Brian. He said initial acceptance most likely will be in two waves. He also mentioned that not to read to much in to acceptance given. Just like the interviews acceptance can go out anytime and your interview day doesn't really matter. Second wave is most likely going out next week.

Reactions: 6 users
So don't worry too much. Just because someone got in from your interview day doesn't mean you won't get in. It seems that there isn't a clear correlation between anything. Unless we get an email or portal change we should remain hopeful.

Reactions: 5 users
Congratulations to those who got accepted and those who got an interview. I applied last year and was waitlisted so I applied again but unfortunately did not even get an interview so I’m going to accept my Caribbean Med school offer and move on with my journey. Wish you all the best.

Reactions: 10 users
Does anyone else’s portal still say the application Is under review? I know someone said there won’t be anymore interviews, but damn. I want them to rip the bandaid off already.

Does anyone else’s portal still say the application Is under review? I know someone said there won’t be anymore interviews, but damn. I want them to rip the bandaid off already.
I had the interview and mine still says under review and decision hasn’t been made.

I had the interview and mine still says under review and decision hasn’t been made.
Thank you. I haven’t been offered an interview. I’m assuming this is it lol. Good luck to everyone who has interviewed!!!

No, I don't know if there has been one yet. Sometimes an academic administrator will create the facebook group, sometimes the lead TA will, or one of you accepted students are able to start one!!
Posted below is a group I created for this years class

for those who didn't get in - what do you guys plan to do now? are there other post baccs/masters programs that you're currently applying to or will apply to?

Hi everyone! I'm the DPMS Executive TA this year, and I want to congratulate to those who have been accepted thus far. For those who haven't heard back, most acceptances don't go out until the last few weeks of June. So please don't lose hope and try your best to be patient (I know it's easier said than done)! I completely understand this process has been arduous.

I appreciate Jordan for helping answering some of your questions! I just want to clarify that the TAs and I will be making an official FB group, and we will be adding the accepted students in the next several weeks.

Last but not least, please don't hesitate to DM me if you have any questions! Please take care.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Does anyone know the exact start and end dates of each term? (Summer, fall, spring)