Drexel DPMS 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Based on previous threads, we should expect final decisions to be sent out the third week of May :eek:.

So the countdown begins: 17 days until final decisions are sent out.

Members don't see this ad.

So there is nothing else that needs to be done until they contact me about it?
I didn't receive an email about needing to fill it out. I loggged into the portal one day and suddenly it said that I needed to fill it out for my app to be complete

Is it safe to assume that because I haven't heard anything regarding an interview ( a week after submission) that I'm screwed?

*continues working on primary application*

Members don't see this ad :)
Based on previous threads, we should expect final decisions to be sent out the third week of May :eek:.

So the countdown begins: 17 days until final decisions are sent out.
Yeah they said in my interview it will be the third or fourth week of May. They said it's usually the fourth week, but last year they managed to get decisions out the third week of May and they're going to try to do that again this year

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah they said in my interview it will be the third or fourth week of May. They said it's usually the fourth week, but last year they managed to get decisions out the third week of May and they're going to try to do that again this year

I wouldn't hold my breath on that guys. In my interview, they told us that they would "hopefully" make a decision by the first week in June...

I'm with you guys though, I'm praying for end of May as well

On my interview on the 4th they said this first batch of interviews will hope to hear from them 3rd or 4th week of May and second batch will be around first week of June.

I guess in the end, we'll all see. I actually interviewed a few days before you, so perhaps our group wasn't given the most accurate/representative information regarding announcements :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Sorry my phone is seriously glitching.
So are they no longer sending out interview invites?

I can't tell you that explicitly. What I can tell you is that there are still a bunch of interview days left. May 19th is the last I believe.

I'm sure those that may have received a rejection wouldn't be eager to share...but I'm wondering if it was sent via email or did they see it in the portal?

Members don't see this ad :)
How are people who have just not heard anything yet staying sane? I'm literally going crazy over here and it's not helping that it's peak finals season :/

Guys, let me know if you hear anything.

I am definitely interested in hearing from those who submitted their application on 4.28.

Guys, let me know if you hear anything.

I am definitely interested in hearing from those who submitted their application on 4.28.
Earlier in the thread someone said they got an interview and they submitted 4/28.

What does that mean? I'm assuming you want to know as well lol?

Whoops sorry! +1 is SDN lingo for "me too" or "I want to know as well"

Same way as II means "interview" and I means "rejected"

Has anyone been able to get an update from Ms. Hill? (for those of us still waiting to hear back about the second round of interviews...)

Has anyone been able to get an update from Ms. Hill? (for those of us still waiting to hear back about the second round of interviews...)

You called to inquire about the status of your application? I was considering doing that but was unsure. Didn't want to come across as pushy :-(

You called to inquire about the status of your application? I was considering doing that but was unsure. Didn't want to come across as pushy :-(

Let me know how that works out.

Please think twice before you go to DPMS. Do your research, and don't be naïve as I was a few years ago. If you can raise your MCAT by putting in extra work and time do that! The pros of the program, is the classes you take and the amount of information you would learn. The cons are plenty. Please do your research.

Please think twice before you go to DPMS. Do your research, and don't be naïve as I was a few years ago. If you can raise your MCAT by putting in extra work and time do that! The pros of the program, is the classes you take and the amount of information you would learn. The cons are plenty. Please do your research.

Are you speaking from experience? If so, would you mind sharing?

Anyone granted an interview today?

Are you speaking from experience? If so, would you mind sharing?

Yes I am. I can't go into much detail sorry. But I wouldn't go there again or advice any of my friends to either. I went with the mindset that if I worked hard enough I would matriculate, well the classes before me and my class only had a 50% success rate or less. There are other things that happened, things that will be different for each class. All I can say is compare your stats and see where you are. If it's just MCAT as it was my case, please for God Sake work on that this summer, if I had borrowed 4k to quit my job and did MCAT as a full time job I would have been set.

I only knew of better post baccs after I got in. So do your research, if a post bacc is an absolute must, and if you do go, be ready for adjustments, and be ready to grind!

Goodluck

Yes I am. I can't go into much detail sorry. But I wouldn't go there again or advice any of my friends to either. I went with the mindset that if I worked hard enough I would matriculate, well the classes before me and my class only had a 50% success rate or less. There are other things that happened, things that will be different for each class. All I can say is compare your stats and see where you are. If it's just MCAT as it was my case, please for God Sake work on that this summer, if I had borrowed 4k to quit my job and did MCAT as a full time job I would have been set.

I only knew of better post baccs after I got in. So do your research, if a post bacc is an absolute must, and if you do go, be ready for adjustments, and be ready to grind!

Goodluck

Can you provide the list of post baccs?

For previous dpmsers
How did you support yourself through the summer without loans?

I was offered an interview but the whole thing is ****ing with my budget. If I have to start June 19, idk how I will eat until August when loans disburse

Goodluck

Thanks for the info. Much to be considered.

Already ahead of you my friend. Back up plans are already in place...but after talking to some of the earlier students, this program kind of appears doable

For previous dpmsers
How did you support yourself through the summer without loans?

I was offered an interview but the whole thing is ****ing with my budget. If I have to start June 19, idk how I will eat until August when loans disburse

Heyy,

So my year we were given the option of staying in a dorm-style living situation for the summer, and that was charged to our financial aid later (once loans came in). I did that because I didn't have enough money to rent out an apt right away.

Now for food, I had enough money left from work during undetgrad to eat for the month and a half. If not my parents would've been willing to let me borrow. I think that's how most people did it

Heyy,

So my year we were given the option of staying in a dorm-style living situation for the summer, and that was charged to our financial aid later (once loans came in). I did that because I didn't have enough money to rent out an apt right away.

Now for food, I had enough money left from work during undetgrad to eat for the month and a half. If not my parents would've been willing to let me borrow. I think that's how most people did it

Quick question, I know DPMS is going to be situated in the "Center City" campus. But can you tell me what building or buildings, we will be in? We weren't really given alot/any information regarding the location/presentation/style of our courses, during our interviews.

I guess they assumed we'd be adequately briefed upon acceptance :uhno:

Quick question, I know DPMS is going to be situated in the "Center City" campus. But can you tell me what building or buildings, we will be in? We weren't really given alot/any information regarding the location/presentation/style of our courses, during our interviews.

I guess they assumed we'd be adequately briefed upon acceptance :uhno:

Yep, so if nothing has changed, all of the classes will be in a building called New College Building. It's joined with hahnemann hospital (half of the building is the hospital, and the other half is full of classrooms and labs). The location is right by the intersection of Race and 15th street.

The med school lectures (biochem, physiology, micro/histo, and immuno for track 2 people) will be streamed to a lecture hall in NCB. So DPMS and IMS students can either go to that lecture hall to watch the streamed lecture, or watch it online from wherever you want.

The other courses (summer courses, anatomy, MCAT course for track 1s and neuro for track 2s) will be mandatory for DPMSers and in classrooms within NCB. There's also a mandatory micro lab that takes place in NCB.

And basically, NCB is a huge building with a decently sized library with study rooms, a bunch of classrooms, and access to the hospital cafeteria and a little coffee stand thing.

Just received an interview invite!! Was completed 4/26

Reactions: 3 users
Just finished the program this year and going to be matriculating next year. I was a Track One (MCAT retake) student. I'm open in answering any questions. PM or ask me here

Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone else that was complete on 4/28 still waiting?

Just finished the program this year and going to be matriculating next year. I was a Track One (MCAT retake) student. I'm open in answering any questions. PM or ask me here
what were your stats when you applied?

Overall would you suggest it to other students? A past DPMSer above stated that they wouldn't recommend the program if retaking the mcat, etc. was all that was required to make one a stronger applicant. Thanks in advance.

Overall would you suggest it to other students? A past DPMSer above stated that they wouldn't recommend the program if retaking the mcat, etc. was all that was required to make one a stronger applicant. Thanks in advance.

I would. Its not going to be easy. But you have to understand that they're not going to just hand you a seat in Med school.

Its hard work and you have to be able to adjust and adapt to how things are taught. Tutoring and the past DPMS students are a lot of help, so there is support, you just have to know how to use it adequately.

As for the MCAT, I sacrificed my winter break and with the classes from fall semester, I felt that was enough for me to hit the score. The score they're asking for is very reasonable and achievable. The class was helpful in just showing you tricks and getting you use to the questions

Random, but does anyone know if DPMS takes students who are not coming straight out of undergrad? Do they consider applicants who have taken post-bacc courses?

I got an interview. But I wasn't told if I was in group I or group II (not taking the MCAT!)