Drexel DPMS 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The main reason is as always...the MCAT. Example, I was lucky enough to be in the group who did not have to retake the MCAT, there was a total of 13 of us...

Was it easier for you to focus on classes because you didn't have to worry about MCAT prep or did you do extracurriculars like shadowing, work, etc. to fill the time?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello All,

have they started interviewing for DPMS?

I do not think so.. I've been waiting to hear back from January. Nothing so far I think...

Members don't see this ad :)
What program did you guys pick on the application for DPMS? I only see MS in Biomedical Science and I'm only interested in applying to DPMS.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone receive an application fee waiver for attending the webinar session? I attended but my portal is still saying "awaiting fee".. I submitted my app march 20th

What program did you guys pick on the application for DPMS? I only see MS in Biomedical Science and I'm only interested in applying to DPMS.
Once you fill out the profile part it should populate into the program drop-down menu as "Drexel Pathway to Medical School, MS"

You might as well apply to IMS too because the application fee is waived once you finish the application to DPMS.

How much do they weigh the socially and economically disadvantaged stuff? I applied but I don't have much in that regard. At this point its looing like it'd either be this if I get accepted or SGU.

Yeah if you apply to DPMS you get a free app to any of their other grad programs.

@piotrkol1 I am not sure that URM means much tbh. it has not helped me at all.

I don't trust this program. They don't seem interested in helping students qualify. People should take an mcat class or prep on their own. I'm applying to PA school this cycle as a backup too.

I don't trust this program. They don't seem interested in helping students qualify. People should take an mcat class or prep on their own. I'm applying to PA school this cycle as a backup too.

I feel you. I'm 75% leaning towards reapplying as MD/MBA, and just taking a 1 yr MPH program for the gap year.

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone who got an interview would you mind sharing your interview questions and how you are preparing ? Thanks in advance !

is anyone aware if DPMS offers MCAT prep for those that need to retake the MCAT?

Hey guys, former DPMS student and current 3rd year medical student at DUCOM. In Summary- Program is difficult, about 60% of my class matriculated. Having said that, if you do well and barely miss out, you have a descent chance of matriculating into another medical school - Ex) my friend missed it because of low MCAT score, but he had a GPA of 3.6 at the end of DPMS, matriculated into UNC the next year. My suggestion- Apply if you feel like it's your last chance and are willing to work harder than ever before. If you are already a good applicant, do an MBA/ research or a one year Master's and then reapply to medical school.

I have a question. So even though your friend didn't get into Drexel at the end of the program with a 3.6 GPA in it, he was still able to apply to UNC that summer (meaning a few months later), get an interview, and get accepted?

For anyone who got an interview would you mind sharing your interview questions and how you are preparing ? Thanks in advance !

I've just started looking for those interview questions. But I've had no luck so far

I was sent an email yesterday with an invite for interview. I picked Thursday, April 27. I just found this thread and the thread from last year and saw something about Track I and Track II, what does those mean?

The people who were invited for interviews already, could you guys share your application statistics?

I was sent an email yesterday with an invite for interview. I picked Thursday, April 27. I just found this thread and the thread from last year and saw something about Track I and Track II, what does those mean?

Congrats on the interview!! Best of luck !

When you have you interview would you mind sharing your experience and what questions they asked? Would really appreciate it !

Hey everyone, and congrats to those of you who got interviews!

I'm finishing up my first year at DUCOM, and I'm a former DPMS student (2015-2016 year).

Feel free to ask me any questions here or in a private message. I was track 2, so I did not have to retake the MCAT. So, I can't answer much about that.

Good luck!

I'm finishing up my first year at DUCOM, and I'm a former DPMS student (2015-2016 year).

Feel free to ask me any questions here or in a private message. I was track 2, so I did not have to retake the MCAT. So, I can't answer much about that.

Good luck!
Hi! How big was your class?

Hi! How big was your class?

We started with somewhere around 36-40.... a few left for personal reasons (not academic) and a few others dropped out during the first semester.

We started with somewhere around 36-40.... a few left for personal reasons (not academic) and a few others dropped out during the first semester.
Thanks! Do you have any tips for those interviewing?

For those that received interview invites, when were your apps complete??

Good luck!
What was your MCAT score?

Thanks! Do you have any tips for those interviewing?

So in my opinion, the interview day was very chill. All of the fellow interviewers I met were really nice, and we spent most of the day just talking and getting to know each other. The interview itself was conversational and I didn't at all feel like I was being interrogated or anything.

Just smile, be polite to everyone you meet there, and know your application. Know why medicine of course, and why you want to get into DPMS specifically! It shouldn't be a stressful day at all.

Best of luck!

Hey, so I had the old MCAT score when I applied. I was right around 70th-75th percentile ( i have zero idea what that translates to for the new MCAT). So I did not have to retake the MCAT.

Hey, so I had the old MCAT score when I applied. I was right around 70th-75th percentile ( i have zero idea what that translates to for the new MCAT). So I did not have to retake the MCAT.
That's about a 505-506 on the new MCAT. Thanks for the advice!

did anyone who applied later (March), hear back yet with an interview invite?

Just got an interview invite, but I'm probably going to say no. Are there any DPMSers who were Track 1(retake) on here?
I'm just struggling with whether it's even worth it if you have to retake the MCAT and meet the GPA requirement. The tuition is pretty expensive too.

From the webinar I attended in the fall, they basically danced around any questions about drop out rates, resources for students, etc.

II today.

Definitely going So excited.

Reactions: 1 users
I applied late March and my application was complete on the first week of April, and I just received an interview invite this morning. Anyone know the type of interview the DPMS program does (personal or group, traditional or MMI)?

uh oh, I completed my app at the end of January, what are the chances this means I got passed up? :/

Just got an interview invite, but I'm probably going to say no. Are there any DPMSers who were Track 1(retake) on here?
I'm just struggling with whether it's even worth it if you have to retake the MCAT and meet the GPA requirement. The tuition is pretty expensive too.

From the webinar I attended in the fall, they basically danced around any questions about drop out rates, resources for students, etc.

So when they extend an invite for an interview, they inform you of which track you are being considered for?

So when they extend an invite for an interview, they inform you of which track you are being considered for?
No, I've read from past years students that you need around a 24-25 (balanced) equivalent prior to interview to avoid a retake. Even if you take the exam again and get a 24/25+ after you are accepted to the program, you may still be forced to stay in the retake group :/

uh oh, I completed my app at the end of January, what are the chances this means I got passed up? :/

You may very well be ok. As far as I know, I was the first one complete (early December), and only today got an invite

For what is worth, I was complete in January.

496 :/. I mean at the end of the day they are giving you a chance to get into med school even with below avg scores. I just don't want to retake. And assuming you do get into the program, what happens if your gpa is .1 below the requirement? Or you get 1 or 2 points below on the MCAT? Maybe I'm being too pessimistic.

If you're MCAT was 24/25+ you should obviously do this program.

496 :/. I mean at the end of the day they are giving you a chance to get into med school even with below avg scores. I just don't want to retake. And assuming you do get into the program, what happens if your gpa is .1 below the requirement? Or you get 1 or 2 points below on the MCAT? Maybe I'm being too pessimistic.

If you're MCAT was 24/25+ you should obviously do this program.

Earlier in the thread someone did say if you miss the requirement by a point that means you failed to fulfill the contract and I'm guessing no amount of pleading will make a difference

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile