DPMS 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interesting that they gave out acceptances before all interviews are conducted (unless I'm mistaken). Wish they would just reject me cause I didn't get an II but alas.

Anyways, congrats to all who got in!!!!!! What an amazing accomplishment. Best of luck to everyone else!!! Hope to see you all as MDs one day!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Those who already received acceptance emails. Are your portals also updated?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else interview on May 2nd, but have yet to be accepted/rejected? Lol

April 18th for me, still shows under review.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted as well.
Shoutout to Meek! lol

Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone,

A couple of updates. So the last day of interviews is May 20th. I didn’t ask if they’re still sending out interview offers but I got the feeling that it was a no. Sorry if you haven’t heard back :/, feel free to message me if you want to talk.

The first round of acceptance should be going out ~soon~. It would be for those who interviewed before May 6th. I’m a little reluctant give out numbers just because I don’t want you guys freaking out. ALSO, if you interviewed before May 6th and don’t hear back soon, it does not mean you aren’t getting accepted. I know of those who interviewed in the past in April and didn’t hear back until the second round of acceptance.

For those that have been interviewing, I’ve been poking my head in about most interviews so feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.

I will be working closely with DPMS to help you guys matriculate onto the med school.

Due to graduation and other things, I might not be on SDN as often. I’ll try to check it once daily, but if you messaged me don’t worry, I’ll get to you at some point!

Reactions: 2 users
Whoops looks like they came out today! Congrats to those who got accepted for those who haven’t heard back stay calm. I plan on being a TA over the summer so reach out to me if you have questions!

Reactions: 4 users
I also received acceptance today! Very excited to meet you all.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
FYI: there’s probably going to be a Facebook group for you guys. Once you confirm enrollment, we will get you guys on it!

Congrats to all who got accepted!

I am a first-year medical school who is interested in renting my apartment for the summer.

You guys will have free room and board in Stiles this summer. However, if you're not interested in living in a dorm, I will be renting out my fully furnished apartment this summer. It's walking distance from the QL campus and you can hop on the Drexel shuttle to Center City, which is a 10-15minute ride.

My apartment complex has a 24-hour gym, outdoor and indoor swimming pools, a tennis court, and an in-unit washer/dryer . Parking is also available. Please DM me for additional details.

Thanks!

Whoops looks like they came out today! Congrats to those who got accepted for those who haven’t heard back stay calm. I plan on being a TA over the summer so reach out to me if you have questions!

Do you have any insight on if they are accepting over 40 people this cycle?

Do you have any insight on if they are accepting over 40 people this cycle?

They are aiming for the class to be 44. Generally they over accept in case people decline. But I’m not sure how many acceptances they’re sending out total

Definitely will! Thank you!

For those of you who were accepted, what was the email subject line? Was it as vague as the interview invite? :p

For those of you who were accepted, what was the email subject line? Was it as vague as the interview invite? :p
Not at all vague lol it said "congratulations on your acceptance"

Got rejected but accepted to the DUCoM MBS program....thoughts on this?

Does anyone know if the summer portion would be covered underneath the 2019-2020 year, or do we apply for 2018-2019?

Does anyone know if the summer portion would be covered underneath the 2019-2020 year, or do we apply for 2018-2019?
When I spoke to financial aid this morning, they said that it should be covered underneath the 2019-2020 year because that is considered our "fall start"

Message me and I can tell you more about it! I know a lot about it and have some friends who did it.

When I spoke to financial aid this morning, they said that it should be covered underneath the 2019-2020 year because that is considered our "fall start"

Summer term is technically considered an extended Fall starting July 1st for financial aid purposes!

Got accepted a few days ago as well! Accepted into DPMS and MBS, but likely going with DPMS because I like the idea of the challenging curriculum and pace. Excited to see all of you wonderful aspiring docs in July in Philly!!! So stoked :)

Last edited:
@SparklesDuWang @bob_boy

Do you have any guidance/tips on what's next for accepted applicants? Do we need to apply through the AMCAS application when it opens in June or do we do this on-campus? Also, do people have roommates during the summer portion in Stiles Hall or do we have the option to live solo?

I also got accepted to MBS. I talked to a current IMS student at length about the program and she highly recommended it. If you have the financial means, I feel like there's nothing wrong with taking your time in a program like that. Plus, you have more medical school options. Also, it's not an advanced master's program like DPMS so you take undergrad and grad courses plus MCAT prep your first year, which prepare you for the DPMS like classes in your second year. Overall, the student I talked to said that no matter what pretty much all Drexel students end up getting into medical school.

Hey y’all!!

Congrats to those who have been accepted! For those who haven’t heard back yet, I know that it’s nerve wracking, but please take care of yourself and do something fun!

I have been accepted as a TA to help y’all, and so please feel free to send me messages like always. Together we are going to work hard, and make it through this next year with all the good juju!

@SparklesDuWang @bob_boy

Do you have any guidance/tips on what's next for accepted applicants? Do we need to apply through the AMCAS application when it opens in June or do we do this on-campus? Also, do people have roommates during the summer portion in Stiles Hall or do we have the option to live solo?

Congrats on your acceptance!!

Tip #1: once you finish your paperwork, relax and have fun as much as possible. You’ll have that in very short supply once school starts.
That’s it truly because you’ll be taken well care of.

For the AMCAS, you don’t have to do anything until they tell you what to do exactly. We had until Dec 1 to turn in the AMCAS actually in the way the program specified.

Stiles Hall is an apartment style residence hall in which you’ll have a kitchen, a living room, 2 to 3 separate bedrooms (So, you’ll have either 1 or 2 roommates), and 1 shared bathroom. The summer is the best opportunity to get to know the other DPMS and make a community with others. No solo options.

Last edited:
Hey y’all!!

Congrats to those who have been accepted! For those who haven’t heard back yet, I know that it’s nerve wracking, but please take care of yourself and do something fun!

I have been accepted as a TA to help y’all, and so please feel free to send me messages like always. Together we are going to work hard, and make it through this next year with all the good juju!

Congrats on your acceptance!!

Tip #1: once you finish your paperwork, relax and have fun as much as possible. You’ll have that in very short supply once school starts.
That’s it truly because you’ll be taken well care of.

For the AMCAS, you don’t have to do anything until they tell you what to do exactly. We had until Dec 1 to turn in the AMCAS actually in the way the program specified.

Stiles Hall is an apartment style residence hall in which you’ll have a kitchen, a living room, 2 to 3 separate bedrooms (So, you’ll have either 1 or 2 roommates), and 1 shared bathroom. The summer is the best opportunity to get to know the other DPMS and make a community with others. No solo options.

I was looking on google maps at Stiles Hall. Is the place where classes are taken close to there? I see Hahnemann University Hospital is right next to it.

I was looking on google maps at Stiles Hall. Is the place where classes are taken close to there? I see Hahnemann University Hospital is right next to it.

It’s super close. It basically across the street, which is Vine St. Both Stiles and New College Building (NCB), which isn’t new at all btw lol, are on 15th St. NCB is connected to Hahnemann but NCB takes up part of the city block on the 15th St. side.

Does anyone know when we can start to move in?
I have to figure out when to put my two weeks notice in for work.

Does anyone know when we can start to move in?
I have to figure out when to put my two weeks notice in for work.

So last year we could have moved in a week before orientation on specific dates. I think there’s something planned for you guys the Sunday before orientation so we recommend you move in before then. Dr. Nunez should be sending you an email soon with more detailed information. Look out for an email from Melissa Richman for housing info but that won’t occur until June

Does anyone know if they are going to be giving out decisions again this week or was last weeks wave it for the first round?

Does anyone know if they are going to be giving out decisions again this week or was last weeks wave it for the first round?

I think that may be it for the first round. I believe the second round will be early next week. During my interview day, she told us they would be meeting again on the 23rd or 24th and that they would be trying to get decisions out by the 27th. I’m sure it will include both acceptances, waitlist offers and rejections since interviews will be over. I could be wrong, though!

Last edited:
I think that may be it for the first round. I believe the second round will be early next week. During my interview day, she told us they would be meeting again on the 23rd or 24th and that they would be trying to get decisions out by the 27th. I’m sure it will include both acceptances, waitlist offers and rejections since interviews will be over. I could be wrong, though!

27th is memorial day so probably the 28th

Sorry guys but I feel like I am the only idiot applying to this school. I have not heard anything since my application was complete on 04/23!!! I mean I know that this program accept people with high GPA + low MCAT and vice versa. Then why I did not hear back? Given that my GPA is 3.96 and my MCAT is 498. I know my mcat sucks but that’s why we have this program. Also, many people that were complete after me heard back then what happened to my app? Can anyone from current or former DPMS students help with that, please?

• Sad
Sorry guys but I feel like I am the only idiot applying to this school. I have not heard anything since my application was complete on 04/23!!! I mean I know that this program accept people with high GPA + low MCAT and vice versa. Then why I did not hear back? Given that my GPA is 3.96 and my MCAT is 498. I know my mcat sucks but that’s why we have this program. Also, many people that were complete after me heard back then what happened to my app? Can anyone from current or former DPMS students help with that, please?
I think there is more to it than just the mcat and gpa. From what I've heard, the disadvantaged essay is extremely important.
Also for every qualified applicant, there is another qualified applicant who they just didn't have room to interview.

Honestly, your stats are amazing, and your MCAT score definitely doesn’t suck...especially not for this program. If you work on your essays, LORs, and ECs, then retake the MCATs, you’re a shoe in for Medschool.

I think they also look into that aspect when considering applicants. It’s not that you’re not good enough. It’s that you’re too good, they’re probably wondering why you’re applying to the program, when you can save time and money by going in the traditional route, lol.

I agree with @KiddCo, to be considered for DPMS, it is way more than just your GPA and MCAT. This program is a mission based one that aims to bring disadvantaged individuals that face a lot of barriers into med school so that the med class can reflect the population it serves. With that in mind, the personal statement and the disadvantaged essays are very important parts that weigh a lot. Also, the recc letters are a big deal. The admission committee does a holistic review of each applicant, and I will ask you to honestly reflect over your application to see if you put a lot of thought into each aspect.

I also got accepted to MBS. I talked to a current IMS student at length about the program and she highly recommended it. If you have the financial means, I feel like there's nothing wrong with taking your time in a program like that. Plus, you have more medical school options. Also, it's not an advanced master's program like DPMS so you take undergrad and grad courses plus MCAT prep your first year, which prepare you for the DPMS like classes in your second year. Overall, the student I talked to said that no matter what pretty much all Drexel students end up getting into medical school.

Thanks for the info! I actually declined my offer there, hope it goes to one of you guys!!

Does anyone get acceptance from IMS instead???

I have heard that IMS is like the same classes as DPMS

@LTMM @Potenitalfuturedoc I did have a lot of friends who were in IMS. This is what I understood from their experience.

Even more so than DPMS, the IMS program is one that takes more Med school equivalent courses. They do take the same classes as DPMS track 2 for the most part except their neuro classes are taught differently. In the fall, they have one extra class for medical ethics, and in the spring, they have 2 extra classes, medical nutrition and micro anatomy classes.

DPMS, IMS, 1st year MMS and 2nd year MBS all take classes together. Our class size is about 100 when we’re together.

Last edited:
I hope y'all are enjoying your holiday. Hopefully this week we get some good news. I can't wait!

Reactions: 4 users
Do any past students have recommendations on student health insurance? I heard the drexel one is really expensive.