DPMS 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I didn’t ask if all were sent out. Just when they would be sent out and was told today. So I’ll assume yes? Can confirm tomorrow
So if we don't have an accept or reject, should we assume reject at this point?

Members don't see this ad :)
So if we don't have an accept or reject, should we assume reject at this point?
It doesn't look to me as anyone knows based on any solid intel. They sent out acceptances and rejections today, at least based on what some people reported. Not sure what to make out of the neutral category (no acceptance, but no rejection). Looks like a toss still. I guess time will tell.

Reactions: 1 user
It doesn't look to me as anyone knows based on any solid intel. They sent out acceptances and rejections today, at least based on what some people reported. Not sure what to make out of the neutral category (no acceptance, but no rejection). Looks like a toss still. I guess time will tell.

Honestly, you guys probably know more than me! I would suggest reaching out to Kareem at admissions. He might be able to better help. I can try to speak to the program director tomorrow and see if she has any input

Hey guys, I am new to this group. I found out today I got accepted to DPMS (track 1: MCAT retake). I am really worried about not doing well on the MCAT during the program. For those who got accepted to track 1 are you guys also worried about the MCAT? And for those who completed track 1, do you think the program prepares you for the MCAT?

~Thanks

Congrats!! Same here, hoping to get the acceptance email to make sure :))

Same here. Does that mean we’re accepted?
Hey guys, I am new to this group. I found out today I got accepted to DPMS (track 1: MCAT retake). I am really worried about not doing well on the MCAT during the program. For those who got accepted to track 1 are you guys also worried about the MCAT? And for those who completed track 1, do you think the program prepares you for the MCAT?

~Thanks
right there with you bud. I got accepted today and was placed on track 1. We just have to study well and try our best, from what I hear the program does a good job at prepping DPMsers for the MCAT. One thing at a time. Be happy you got in and hope to meet you in July!

Reactions: 1 users
For those referred to other programs, did you guys actually apply to these programs as well, or were they just automatically offered to you?

I was rejected on 05/31 w/o an interview and then they sent me an acceptance to their MBS prog on 06/03 but I had not applied. Hope this helps, seems like you’ve been waiting a while to hear back.

I was rejected on 05/31 w/o an interview and then they sent me an acceptance to their MBS prog on 06/03 but I had not applied. Hope this helps, seems like you’ve been waiting a while to hear back.

I’ve been waiting sooooo long, lol. Thanks a bunch! It is super helpful.

I keep refreshing the forum to see if anyone has posted any news about getting accepted today and not just yesterday... trying to stay hopeful but geez louise :O

Reactions: 2 users
I'm with ya on that. Still shows no update on the portal.
I keep refreshing the forum to see if anyone has posted any news about getting accepted today and not just yesterday... trying to stay hopeful but geez louise :O

Haha, it’s literally forum, portal, email, for me every 5 minutes

Members don't see this ad :)
Last week acceptances went out around 11-12 based in forum posts. Could be any time now hopefully.

I'm with ya on that. Still shows no update on the portal.
Unless decisions for track 1 went out yesterday and track 2 decisions are still pending (unlikely theory)? Otherwise, I'm afraid it's already a done deal. Looks like all acceptances already went out yesterday. Meaning no response is simply a silent waitlist at best, most likely a silent rejection. But no news can also be good news. So who knows, but we shall soon find out (today or next 2 weeks or so). Keep your hope up, but try to also balance with reality so you can be best prepared to move forward in case things don't work out with DPMS.

Unless decisions for track 1 went out yesterday and track 2 decisions are still pending (unlikely theory)? Otherwise, I'm afraid it's already a done deal. Looks like all acceptances already went out yesterday. Meaning no response is simply a silent waitlist at best, most likely a silent rejection. But no news can also be good news. So who knows, but we shall soon find out (today or next 2 weeks or so). Keep your hope up, but try to also balance with reality so you can be best prepared to move forward in case things don't work out with DPMS.

Yes, unfortunately this is what it has come to. I'm working on reapplication now and am hoping for a successful application cycle for the upcoming year. If this truly is the end of our DPMS journey, I wish you all the best of luck!

I called admissions and the lady just said decisions are going out this week. She did not specify when or if they are already out.

I didn't know the tuition for this program was 45k :(
It is very expensive! That is one reason why I am hesitant to do the program. Thinking about doing an MCAT prep course instead. Still not sure :(

It is very expensive! That is one reason why I am hesitant to do the program. Thinking about doing an MCAT prep course instead. Still not sure :(
Nevermind, I was misinformed. I just got off the phone with the assistant dean and it's 15k times 2 (NOT 3 like I was told by someone in graduate admission) for two semesters and the summer housing is FREEEEEEEEE

Think about it this was, with a MCAT prep course, you can retake the test and get a better score but you don't have any assurance of acceptance when you applied like you would with this program. Think about your options with retaking the MCAT and reapplying to the cycle and all that. I'm in the same boat, MCAT lower than 499 and I am so doing this program.

Cost is not unreasonable considering that it is a private school. Especially if one has no better option in hand. But if you do, one must compare them and choose the best, emotions set aside.

To me (perhaps easier to opine having not been accepted into DPMS, I still have no answer from the program) and having other choices to consider. It really comes down to a few signs to watch out for as far as the DPMS program is concerned:

Program does not communicate effectively, does not answer emails & inquiries, the "uninterested" & "unfriendly" interviewer several of us got, the values & principles of the program are not clearly being exhibited, just to call out a few of these watch items.

What else is to be discovered once under a contract? to me that is a bit concerning. Again, this is a straight decision for some. But not for all considering what it offers compared to other options. Compare and then choose. And when things don't work out like when you are not accepted....it's ok to get disappointed. But trust that your hard work will ultimately take you down a better path. The universe may have a better plan for you.

Good luck to all

Reactions: 4 users
For those who have been accepted, should we apply to the Early Decision on AAMC now? I tried logging in and all but for some reason I can’t apply to Early Decision at the moment. Do we need prior authorization from the medical school?

For those who have been accepted, should we apply to the Early Decision on AAMC now? I tried logging in and all but for some reason I can’t apply to Early Decision at the moment. Do we need prior authorization from the medical school?

If you got in and are going, hold off on AMCAS for now. More info on how to fill it out will come out. Drexel needs your to tell AMCAS you’re in this program

Think about it this was, with a MCAT prep course, you can retake the test and get a better score but you don't have any assurance of acceptance when you applied like you would with this program. Think about your options with retaking the MCAT and reapplying to the cycle and all that. I'm in the same boat, MCAT lower than 499 and I am so doing this program.

I’m track 1 too. We got this!

Reactions: 2 users
I was assuming our portals would at least update with SOMETHING today :/ why have some people been updated with rejections/acceptances and others haven’t? I’d at least like an official rejection so I can stop thinking about this

I was assuming our portals would at least update with SOMETHING today :/ why have some people been updated with rejections/acceptances and others haven’t? I’d at least like an official rejection so I can stop thinking about this

I feel you. I called the admissions office again and was told to call Steven Rogers next week. The lady said she hasnt heard any updates about the DPMS program and that they may still be sending out acceptances. I really wish they were a bit more coordinated about this.

Random question but do we get access to the university gym during the program? And any idea on how much it costs to keep your car on campus during the summer portion?

~Thanks

Hi there! Congrats on your acceptance!

I was track 1, and I can completely understand your worries and hesitation. I can definitely tell you that they do a great job of prepping you for the MCAT. From what I was told personally, only 2 people had to retake the MCAT after taking it in January. It’s no easy walk in the park, but it’s very doable. As a TA for the summer, I’ll give you all of my tips and tricks whenever you need it for when your scheduling your MCAT studies and give you my insights on what are some good ways to study for the test.

The way you study for the classes will really help you learn how to study for the test, and also the biochemistry class over prepares you for the bio portion. Most people studied heavily for the MCAT during winter break. Please know that we here have your best interest at heart and want you to succeed.

I didn't know the tuition for this program was 45k :(

The cost of attendance is high yes, but if you think of it in this manner, it may help you reason it out. This is an amazing opportunity to invest in yourself. If you truly believe that you’re worth the investment, then do it without looking back because one day you’ll be able to pay it back and have a life as well. Everything worthwhile is worth the risk, and at the end of the day, you’ll have a masters.

Cost is not unreasonable considering that it is a private school. Especially if one has no better option in hand. But if you do, one must compare them and choose the best, emotions set aside.

To me (perhaps easier to opine having not been accepted into DPMS, I still have no answer from the program) and having other choices to consider. It really comes down to a few signs to watch out for as far as the DPMS program is concerned:

Program does not communicate effectively, does not answer emails & inquiries, the "uninterested" & "unfriendly" interviewer several of us got, the values & principles of the program are not clearly being exhibited, just to call out a few of these watch items.

What else is to be discovered once under a contract? to me that is a bit concerning. Again, this is a straight decision for some. But not for all considering what it offers compared to other options. Compare and then choose. And when things don't work out like when you are not accepted....it's ok to get disappointed. But trust that your hard work will ultimately take you down a better path. The universe may have a better plan for you.

Good luck to all

I can see that many people such as yourself haven’t had the best of times with communication, and it’s frustrating truly.

I can assure y’all that the faculty and staff are busting their butts off to make sure that everything is working well. The medical school admissions office isn’t that large and doesn’t have a lot of staff. They are handling not only DPMS applications but also pre-matriculation for the incoming class and other projects that are spreading everyone thin.

For me when I was in y’all’s shoes, I called everyday several times a day and emailed a lot to make sure I was being heard. I felt similar to what hasn’t been written, but I can honestly tell you that staff and faculty at the school are definitely not uninterested nor unfriendly in any manner. Even for the interviewers some got, remember it is imperative to give an unbiased interview and not show favoritism. A cold interview can be a great interview yet.

This program is an amazing one, but it’s a very difficult and stressful one. I agree with you that all should always be aware of all the options available to you and choose the one that best suits you. I just also wanted to let you know that no matter which way you choose when pursuing a dream of becoming a physician, it’ll have experiences that are uncomfortable, stressful, and not to our liking. It’ll be a full learning experience that’ll be worth it in the end. Good luck to everyone.

Random question but do we get access to the university gym during the program? And any idea on how much it costs to keep your car on campus during the summer portion?

Yes you do. You’ll have access to the main gym on main campus and the small gym at the medical school.

As for a car, I kept mine in a free parking spot for the whole summer. You could technically pay monthly for a parking spot at the medical school, but that’s in East Falls. Your residence hall will be in Center City (CC), and that’s a shuttle bus ride away with no buses on the weekends. There are also free spots around University City, but that’s also not in CC. The last resort is parking garages that are expensive. It’s easy to pay up to $300/month in CC for a spot. It’s up to you on what you decide, and I can help discuss further more information if you like.

Hi there! Congrats on your acceptance!

I was track 1, and I can completely understand your worries and hesitation. I can definitely tell you that they do a great job of prepping you for the MCAT. From what I was told personally, only 2 people had to retake the MCAT after taking it in January. It’s no easy walk in the park, but it’s very doable. As a TA for the summer, I’ll give you all of my tips and tricks whenever you need it for when your scheduling your MCAT studies and give you my insights on what are some good ways to study for the test.

The way you study for the classes will really help you learn how to study for the test, and also the biochemistry class over prepares you for the bio portion. Most people studied heavily for the MCAT during winter break. Please know that we here have your best interest at heart and want you to succeed.

The cost of attendance is high yes, but if you think of it in this manner, it may help you reason it out. This is an amazing opportunity to invest in yourself. If you truly believe that you’re worth the investment, then do it without looking back because one day you’ll be able to pay it back and have a life as well. Everything worthwhile is worth the risk, and at the end of the day, you’ll have a masters.

I can see that many people such as yourself haven’t had the best of times with communication, and it’s frustrating truly.

I can assure y’all that the faculty and staff are busting their butts off to make sure that everything is working well. The medical school admissions office isn’t that large and doesn’t have a lot of staff. They are handling not only DPMS applications but also pre-matriculation for the incoming class and other projects that are spreading everyone thin.

For me when I was in y’all’s shoes, I called everyday several times a day and emailed a lot to make sure I was being heard. I felt similar to what hasn’t been written, but I can honestly tell you that staff and faculty at the school are definitely not uninterested nor unfriendly in any manner. Even for the interviewers some got, remember it is imperative to give an unbiased interview and not show favoritism. A cold interview can be a great interview yet.

This program is an amazing one, but it’s a very difficult and stressful one. I agree with you that all should always be aware of all the options available to you and choose the one that best suits you. I just also wanted to let you know that no matter which way you choose when pursuing a dream of becoming a physician, it’ll have experiences that are uncomfortable, stressful, and not to our liking. It’ll be a full learning experience that’ll be worth it in the end. Good luck to everyone.

Yes you do. You’ll have access to the main gym on main campus and the small gym at the medical school.

As for a car, I kept mine in a free parking spot for the whole summer. You could technically pay monthly for a parking spot at the medical school, but that’s in East Falls. Your residence hall will be in Center City (CC), and that’s a shuttle bus ride away with no buses on the weekends. There are also free spots around University City, but that’s also not in CC. The last resort is parking garages that are expensive. It’s easy to pay up to $300/month in CC for a spot. It’s up to you on what you decide, and I can help discuss further more information if you like.

You are confusing "unbiased" with lack of sensitivity, professionalism and empathy. Critical principles of this special program that interviewer should have represented. By the way, that was not only my observation. It was a common impression of everyone who interviewed with that person on that day. You can certainly speak to your experience. I respect that. But please don't discount mine because there is no excuse for mistreating interviewees. Common courtesy is to reply to inquires, have a good communication plan, don't ignore correspondences or phone calls, behave empathetically…..being short staffed is not an excuse. You can certainly relate this feedback to Drexel since you appear to know more the program and its personnel

You are confusing "unbiased" with lack of sensitivity, professionalism and empathy. Critical principles of this special program that interviewer should have represented. By the way, that was not only my observation. It was a common impression of everyone who interviewed with that person on that day. You can certainly speak to your experience. I respect that. But please don't discount mine because there is no excuse for mistreating interviewees. Common courtesy is to reply to inquires, have a good communication plan, don't ignore correspondences or phone calls, behave empathetically…..being short staffed is not an excuse. You can certainly relate this feedback to Drexel since you appear to know more the program and its personnel
!!!!! LOVE THIS REPLY DMD. SPEAK UP BROTHER

I contacted both the admission office for MD and graduate programs this morning. Both said that decisions are still going out. The said that they thought last week would be the last week, but for some reason final decisions will actually will be going to mid week this week. They said they were getting emails about the program decisions, so that sounded hopeful.

For those accepted and attending -- is anyone else having trouble registering for classes?

For those accepted and attending -- is anyone else having trouble registering for classes?
Omg no same here. Something about a time ticket right... I contacted the person who sent us the email to register and she answered saying that she sent an inquiry to registration and they said that they’re working on it. She also said that she’ll notify us once said problem is resolved .

what classes? isn't at orientation we'll be told what classes we are taking and when?
You should have received an email telling us to register for fall classes. There are 4 classes that we were told in the email to register for asap. It went out June 7th. Check your spam if it’s not in your inbox

You should be registering for summer term classes. There are 4, if you have any questions let me know!

And if you arent on the facebook page and got accepted into the program and are going, please get on that asap! We share lots of info on there!

Hey has anyone heard back that had an interview and is still waiting on decisions? I was told we would receive word on Tuesday but I haven’t received any emails and called multiple times.

Hey has anyone heard back that had an interview and is still waiting on decisions? I was told we would receive word on Tuesday but I haven’t received any emails and called multiple times.
Still waiting. I spoke with Steve Rogers this morning. He told me that not all acceptances are out yet and they will possibly be done by the end of next week. Based on what he was telling me, they are waiting to hear back from the last round of acceptances to determine how many more acceptances to send out. People from the last round have until the end of next week to submit they are accepting. Cutting it a bit close to the start day this year it seems.

Still waiting. I spoke with Steve Rogers this morning. He told me that not all acceptances are out yet and they will possibly be done by the end of next week. Based on what he was telling me, they are waiting to hear back from the last round of acceptances to determine how many more acceptances to send out. People from the last round have until the end of next week to submit they are accepting. Cutting it a bit close to the start day this year it seems.
Wow next week that’s nuts, so essentially we are the “waitlist” (that’s what I am going to tell myself haha) but potentially have to uproot our lives in as little as a week. Scary but worth it.

Wow next week that’s nuts, so essentially we are the “waitlist” (that’s what I am going to tell myself haha) but potentially have to uproot our lives in as little as a week. Scary but worth it.
Yeah, I was thinking to myself it sounds like a waitlist.

Next week?!!! Lord it keeps getting farther and farther away. I really hope I get accepted into Drexel for how long they are making me wait!!!

I need to take a trip or something to get my mind off of all this, loool

Next week?!!! Lord it keeps getting farther and farther away. I really hope I get accepted into Drexel for how long they are making me wait!!!

Sorry to tell you that. But you can confirm back with this forum later. I hope you prove me wrong. It is a car's salesman culture. They will send you a DPMS rejection followed by an acceptance to some biomedical studies master's program that you never applied to (read previous threads). Basically, some non-value acceptance for $30K a year. If you don't have a better option, I would understand why you would want to join Drexel. But if you do, think twice about your decision and weigh in your other option. It doesn't matter how or who you try to contact at Drexel, their culture is consistent in terms of disrespecting and caring less about applicants.

Sorry to tell you that. But you can confirm back with this forum later. I hope you prove me wrong. It is a car's salesman culture. They will send you a DPMS rejection followed by an acceptance to some biomedical studies master's program that you never applied to (read previous threads). Basically, some non-value acceptance for $30K a year. If you don't have a better option, I would understand why you would want to join Drexel. But if you do, think twice about your decision and weigh in your other option. It doesn't matter how or who you try to contact at Drexel, their culture is consistent in terms of disrespecting and caring less about applicants.

But if this is what they’re gonna do, why haven’t they done so already? Since they’ve sent rejections (and other masters program options) to a number of people, why not send rejections to all those who haven’t been accepted? What purpose would they have to string us along?

I think it’s just a waitlist like kiddco mentioned. We may still be rejected, but we still have a chance of being accepted.

At the end of the day though, I do have other options, but Drexel is my first choice, so it’s still nerve racking, lol.

Reactions: 4 users
I got accepted then I had to wait a few days after confirming my enrollment before I was able to register for classes. I was able to do so yesterday

I just got an official waitlist email