Des Moines University (DMU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I used to despise KCU's grand rounds emails...until I got the email from DMU for an interview survey. The suspense is killing me!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Withdrew my acceptance. It really was a great school and city. It was a tough decision!

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted my deposit here! Can't wait to meet you all!

Reactions: 1 users
Just turned down my acceptance. I absolutely loved this school when I interviewed - it was a tough decision. Good luck to everyone!

Excited to have received an acceptance here! It seems like an excellent school and a great fit for me, so barring one tiny outside chance, I'll be headed to Des Moines in a few months!

Has anyone heard anything after being put on pre-II hold?

This school doesn't accept updates, right? I'm on pre-II hold.

OMG I posted on the wrong thread, I just got one from Nova. Guess it was the excitement haha. I'm still pre-II hold at DMU, hoping for an II....

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. I'd say it served as an update and a continued interest letter.

Yes. I'd say it served as an update and a continued interest letter.

Congrats on being chosen as the kazekage of the sand village for 2016!!!

-this message was of no importance to the thread, just loved your name.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
do you guys know if all the interview slots for next year have been filled?

I hope so, too! I saw in some other schools' threads that all the interview slots are filled up to March.

Do you have any ideas how booked up are DMU interview dates for the 2017 calendar year?

I hope so, too! I saw in some other schools' threads that all the interview slots are filled up to March.

Do you have any ideas how booked up are DMU interview dates for the 2017 calendar year?

I had called two weeks ago to figure out a day that worked for my interview and they said they were still setting up more slots at that time. I'm sure they haven't all filled up!

Acceptance email today. Stoked. Cancelling all of my other 11 interviews.

Reactions: 4 users
II today. I won't be attending, but I'll look to see when they're booked up to.

Acceptance! First one, going to probably cancel my Ponoma and LECOM interviews now. May still check out CCOM though

Reactions: 4 users
Plenty of interview dates available. For January, available dates include 19, 20, 26, 27, and 30. Good luck everybody!

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew my acceptance. Pretty bummed I'll never get to go to zombie burger again. Good luck everyone!

Where are you headed? If you don't mind saying... :)
I'm not sure yet but as of right now KCU. Still waiting to hear back from two schools post interview though

I was just notified by email that my application has been put on hold... again. I received a similar message back in October.
Complete 9/9/16

Chances with a 3.5 gpa and 500 MCAT?

Depending on your ECs and when you applied, your chances are probably low. From my interview date the current average stats for accepted students was around 3.6 and 509. You might have a chance.

Last edited:
Have an interview here in 2 weeks and am trying to reschedule so just emailed admissions...anyone have any luck with rescheduling here due to family matters/travel difficulty? Or am I cutting it too close since it's a couple weeks away? Just looking for some info!

If you can't make your interview, you can't make it. They should be understanding. Just know in rolling admissions the later you interview, especially at this time, the lower your chances are of being accepted. DMU in my opinion is pretty understanding of these circumstances.

Interviewed today. I really liked the school. Interview was very laid back.

Any acceptees mind sharing their MCAT and GPA??

Accepted with a 3.4 and 511 with a lot of clinical experiences and good LOR

cGPA 3.6 and 511 MCAT. From my interview date they said their average MCAT acceptance was around 509, although this was earlier on in the process so there might be a little skew towards the higher end.

cGPA 3.6 and 511 MCAT. From my interview date they said their average MCAT acceptance was around 509, although this was earlier on in the process so there might be a little skew towards the higher end.

They tried to claim the 60th percentile for the MCAT was a 508 when I went for a visit day. All in all wasn't too impressed by the school but that's why they make Fords and Chevrolets!

II just now, completed 1/5, was not expecting the quick turnaround at all

Reactions: 2 users
Only bad thing about quick turnaround is I'm refreshing my email every 15 minutes expecting to hear something.

Anyone for 1/5, 1/6 interviews hear back yet?

Only bad thing about quick turnaround is I'm refreshing my email every 15 minutes expecting to hear something.

Anyone for 1/5, 1/6 interviews hear back yet?

Not yet. Based on previously reported turnaround, I was thinking it would be Thursday.

Not yet. Based on previously reported turnaround, I was thinking it would be Thursday.

Yeah, I saw last month Thursday seemed to be the day, but did see posts saying they heard as early as 2 days later, so naturally I've been holding my breath since yesterday morning. I got an email from them today and my heart started racing, but it was just a survey.

Yeah, I saw last month Thursday seemed to be the day, but did see posts saying they heard as early as 2 days later, so naturally I've been holding my breath since yesterday morning. I got an email from them today and my heart started racing, but it was just a survey.

Lol. Me too. Same reaction!

II on Monday after being complete in September or early October. I will not be attending, but it looks like they are still working through applications even if you haven't heard anything for a few months.