2022-2023 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if there is a class of 2027 group chat on WhatsApp or GroupMe? I know there is a Facebook group I was just wondering if there was anything else.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if there is a class of 2027 group chat on WhatsApp or GroupMe? I know there is a Facebook group I was just wondering if there was anything else.

Members don't see this ad :)
WL. Group interview was late March

Edit: HP/Q1

Last edited:
How far do they usually make it into the WL - is it always high priority for sure then Q1, Q2 etc ?

Received WL today too

Last edited:
  • Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
WL today, then a Quartile email a few hours later. Q1/High Priority are the terms used in my email, they were used interchangeably. Interviewed Early March. Pretty surprised given that I thought I had weak responses during Kira.

Wanted to drop by and let you all know I withdrew my acceptance a few days ago (accepted beginning of March)! DMU is an amazing school, and I hope I can help get one of you off the waitlist asap!!

Reactions: 1 users
Is waiting a month or so normal for decisions? Should I contact them again
Hi! I waited around 7 weeks. I did contact them the last 2-3 weeks once a week and they said I’ll hear back soon. They definitely haven’t forgotten and will reach out when they have a decision :) I interviewed early march just so you know for reference!

According to AMCAS, on May 1st, students with multiple MD offers must narrow down their selection to 1 school. This is where significant MD waitlist movement occurs, and I would presume that some applicants will choose to give up acceptances or waitlist spots at DO schools such as DMU after this deadline.

According to AACOMAS, after May 15 of the year of matriculation, each medical college may implement college-specific procedures for accepted students who hold one or more seats at other medical colleges. I presume that we would certainly see movement occurring after this date for DO schools.

Anyone was put on pre-II hold this morning? I gues it's a soft R at this point right? 🫥

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the A text! Was previously WL/HP

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the A text!! 1Q/HP.

OMG I’ve been dreaming of this for months now! 😭

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Current DO students:

Is class rank at DMU a literal number of where you are in the class or is it broken into quartiles like KCU?

I will be declining my offer due to some great last minute news, hopefully this helps one of you guys out!

This is my third time getting this since November. Any hope that they actually review my app and decide to give me an interview?

"Thank you for your continued interest in Des Moines University. Your application is complete and currently awaiting review by our admissions committee.

It has been some time since we last contacted you and we would like to confirm your interest in our program. Please complete the following short survey to confirm your interest. "

Current DO students:

Is class rank at DMU a literal number of where you are in the class or is it broken into quartiles like KCU?
It’s a quartile rank. I’ve heard you can ask for your actual number, but in all honesty, no one really cares.

What can current students tell us about housing/living/daily life at this school? What advice would you give us academically or in general?

Anyone was put on pre-II hold this morning? I gues it's a soft R at this point right? 🫥

I haven’t been placed on hold or rejected yet. I’m in that situation for other schools too…

Withdrawing my acceptance. Hope it goes to a deserving applicant on here! The decision was made after a lot of contemplation. Wishing everyone lots of luck!

What can current students tell us about housing/living/daily life at this school? What advice would you give us academically or in general?
Right off the bat: don’t stress leading up to the start of school (although that is important regardless of what school you end up at). Give yourself a couple weeks to get acclimated to the area if you are moving here from out of state.

For the academic side: there are several Anki decks (if you’ve never used Anki, I highly recommend it as I have done extremely well this year because of it) that are past down. If you do nothing but Anki, you will do well on exams, although I would recommend supplementing with other forms of study as well (diagrams, third party resources, etc).

Daily life: there are plenty of activities/clubs to get involved in (or not) if you’d like.

Academic - the schedule varies slightly from year to year (for the betterment of the next class).

1st year schedule this year consisted of lecture most days from 1-5. You’ll have clin med lab and omm lab once per (most) week. Anatomy lab first semester is quite often, 1-2x per week and then lightens up in second semester. There are small groups you’ll attend that are scattered throughout each semester as well.

** it is a block schedule, but some classes are semester long

…….

I moved out here with my family and I feel like I have a lot of time to spend with them and get good grades. It’s all about time management and prioritizing study when you need to study. You can do as much or as little as you want in terms of extracurricular activities and still do well.

Above everything. Enjoy your summer before starting school and DONT STRESS. It will all be okay🤗

Hope to see some of you in the fall!

Reactions: 2 users
also accepted today!! Q1/HP. Excited to meet you all in July 🥳

Reactions: 3 users
this may sound dumb but is there a place where admitted students are finding roommates etc..?

For current students, how do y'all like the administration and faculty. Do they listen to student feedback?

Hi! Does anyone have any idea as to how long the drug screen takes? Will be leaving the country tmr till June so want to make sure it’s ok that I do it once back before the 6/30 deadline

Hi! Does anyone have any idea as to how long the drug screen takes? Will be leaving the country tmr till June so want to make sure it’s ok that I do it once back before the 6/30 deadline
Mine took like a week to set up because there were no nearby locations. I would work on arranging this ASAP if that is the case but assuming you have one nearby, I wouldn't sweat it. Once I actually got it figured out and the paperwork sent to me and did the drug test, the results came back in about a day I think.

For current students, how do y'all like the administration and faculty. Do they listen to student feedback?
We get surveys often and they make changes from year to year to better the curriculum for the next class. So yes, they value feedback.

any first quartile non-HP get accepted? Does DMU usually go through all first-quartile apps?

any first quartile non-HP get accepted? Does DMU usually go through all first-quartile apps?
I think it varies a lot so no reliable way to tell tbh. I think last year they didn't even make it thru the first quartile, but the year before that a bunch of second quartiles got acceptances too.

Reactions: 1 users
I was accepted this morning from the top quartile. Does anyone know if I can hold two DO acceptances at once? I think I need a bit more time to make a decision

I was accepted this morning from the top quartile. Does anyone know if I can hold two DO acceptances at once? I think I need a bit more time to make a decision
May 15 is the last date then aacomas reports back to schools and can risk to lose both schools